Russia/Ukraine from Another Perspective (Relaunch Part Deux)

477,328 Views | 9113 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by nortex97
Teslag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
fka ftc said:

Teslag said:

Current image of the Russian "bear".

Great, then we don't need to send aid to Ukraine if all they are up against is a grumpy care bear.

You cannot have it both ways. But you always want to. End fossil fuels and be proud of your luxury golf cart and ignore the fact electricity is provided by… fossil fuels.

I think the term is "cognitive dissonance".

But by helping we can slaughter even more Russian soldiers. And I don't drive a Tesla for environmental reasons so I could give two ****s where the power comes from. Two strikes in one post. Impressive.
TheBonifaceOption
Quote:

But by helping we can slaughter even more Russian soldiers.

It's been a pretty wicked position to wish the destruction of plebs who are fighting "rich men's wars".

Especially if you believe the Russian people are forced into this war or have been lied to, which you certainly believe the latter.
fka ftc
That particular poster doesn't care about deaths of men conscripted to fight wars that line the pockets of his providers.

They also evidently drive a Tesla because it's a good car? Me thinks they have priorities and reasoning that most simply cannot understand.
Teslag
AG
TheBonifaceOption said:

Quote:

It's been a pretty wicked position to wish the destruction of plebs who are fighting "rich men's wars".

Especially if you believe the Russian people are forced into this war or have been lied to, which you certainly believe the latter.

Ah yes, the noble Russian soldier bit. The poor conscripts who have no other choice but to invade a sovereign nation and at times commit war crimes and rape Ukrainians. **** them. The point of war is to destroy your enemy, especially a hostile invader from a trash country. Every single russian soldier in Ukraine should be taken out with haste. If they don't like it, just turn around and go home.

In other news, yet another Russian general was fired for failure to keep the Ukes at bay in the south. The writing is on the wall for Russia there. Just a matter of time at this point.
nortex97
AG

Teslag
AG
Ukraine has the right to join whatever organization they wish. Russia doesn't have a right to invade a sovereign nation for that decision, as they are learning with every punch in the mouth and embarrassment*.

*until they decide to use their super secret stash of modern weapons and ramp up T-90 production to 500 a month. Which is possible because the Russian economy is killing it and BRICS is the most unstoppable force in the galaxy.
TheBonifaceOption
Teslag said:

TheBonifaceOption said:

Quote:

Ah yes, the noble Russian soldier bit. The poor conscripts who have no other choice but to invade a sovereign nation and at times commit war crimes and rape Ukrainians. **** them. The point of war is to destroy your enemy, especially a hostile invader from a trash country. Every single russian soldier in Ukraine should be taken out with haste. If they don't like it, just turn around and go home.

In other news, yet another Russian general was fired for failure to keep the Ukes at bay in the south. The writing is on the wall for Russia there. Just a matter of time at this point.

Noble soldier, no. But pitied, yes.

You have highfived the reports, if they are to be believed, of Russian officers threatening conscripts at gunpoint.

You fault those men who don't want to fight but will be otherwise killed if they don't show up to absorb ukranian (nato) gunfire.

You are a pretty sick individual. Especially for someone living in a country who has invaded dozens of sovereign nations, most with with less justification than Russia into Ukraine.
Teslag
AG
And we were also wrong for those invasions. And when I was taking part in them the opposing side had every right, expectation, to wish for my demise.
Ag with kids
AG
nortex97 said:

So, the major split in Ukraine over NATO did not occur, but Russia, who DID NOT want to face the decision to invade, decided to invade.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Ignore button is your friend guys. Tesla has pretty obviously outed himself as just another pro-war yokel.

The only reason not to ignore him is to study the effects of the propaganda consumes and believes.

Hope is not, and has never been a strategy.
I'm not sure if people genuinely believe someone is going to say, "Wow, if some people say I'm a moron for not believing this, it clearly must be true."

It's not much a persuasive argument. It really just sounds like a bunch of miniature dachshunds barking because the first one one barked when it thought it heard something.
Teslag
AG
Right. My favorite part of the whole "Russia invaded because they feared NATO" bit is that the pushers of it never ask why these countries may be interested in joining NATO. Nor why Russia seemed to not have the NATO excuse with Georgia and Chechnya. NATO has never invaded a former Soviet republic. Russia has invaded former Soviet republics.
Teslag
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Ignore button is your friend guys. Tesla has pretty obviously outed himself as just another pro-war yokel.

The only reason not to ignore him is to study the effects of the propaganda consumes and believes.

Hope is not, and has never been a strategy.

You know what is a successfully strategy? Steadily taking back land with superior firepower which is exactly what the Ukes are doing. Hope is quite literally all Russia has at this point. Especially since the old strategy of throwing bodies at the problem won't work with fully legal cluster munitions.
nortex97
AG

Disgusting if true.

Likewise.
nortex97
AG

"Trust us."

Elections/votes, foreign aid, kickbacks, the border, just a few things Democrats don't think should be audited/tracked/secure.
Teslag
AG
You know who provides that oversight? The very "boots on the ground" advisors you guys on the Pro-Putin side threw a fit about a few months ago.
notex
AG
Inherent to money laundering is a desire not to have funds audited/publicly disclosed.

The Biden's activities in Ukraine/Russia/China since then only became more and more corrupt. It's a feature, to the corrupt:

Quote:

With more than $100 billion in U.S. weaponry and financial aid flowing to Ukraine in less than a year and more on the way to counter Russia's invasion concerns about arms falling into terrorists' hands and dollars into corrupt officials' pockets are mounting.

The special inspector general who has overseen aid to Afghanistan since 2012, and some House Republicans, warn of the need for closer oversight of the military and humanitarian aid to Ukraine. The scale of the effort is massive. The $113 billion appropriated by Congress in 2022 approaches the $146 billion spent in 20 years for military and humanitarian assistance to Afghanistan, though the cost of sending U.S. troops there was far higher.

"When you spend so much money so quickly, with so little oversight, you're going to have fraud, waste and abuse," John Sopko, the special inspector general for Afghanistan reconstruction, said in an interview. "Massive amounts."
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Democrats are corrupt, water is wet, and other breaking news at 5.

Its so painfully obvious.
I'm not sure if people genuinely believe someone is going to say, "Wow, if some people say I'm a moron for not believing this, it clearly must be true."

It's not much a persuasive argument. It really just sounds like a bunch of miniature dachshunds barking because the first one one barked when it thought it heard something.
nortex97
AG
Teslag said:

You know who provides that oversight? The very "boots on the ground" advisors you guys on the Pro-Putin side threw a fit about a few months ago.
You sure do disagree with Elon Musk a lot, to be such a fan of his cars.
docb
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Democrats are corrupt, water is wet, and other breaking news at 5.

Its so painfully obvious.
I have never voted Democrat in my entire life but this is one thing I'm surprised that Biden has been this helpful to Ukraine. Although there are a lot of high profile Republicans that are for helping Ukraine as well.
P.U.T.U
P.U.T.U
AG
This war has been proven over and over again to be all about making politicians and companies richer, including Russia. At this point I wonder if people would care if they did find out the truth about how much money is being laundered.
TheBonifaceOption
P.U.T.U said:

This war has been proven over and over again to be all about making politicians and companies richer, including Russia. At this point I wonder if people would care if they did find out the truth about how much money is being laundered.

What imports/exports does America have competive advantage? Agriculture and weapons.

This war is a means to spur exports.
nortex97
AG
The answer would clearly be no, for many.

I don't think anyone really thinks Putin or his richest 2 percent 'friends' in Russia (or Beijing) care about conscripts of either army, in the slightest. The same can clearly be said for the other side as well.
Teslag
AG
nortex97 said:

Teslag said:

It's almost like I think for myself.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Teslag said:

nortex97 said:

Teslag said:

It's almost like I think for myself.

Ask me how I know thats not true.

Teslag
AG
Because I don't believe in every echo chamber conspiracy on this board for starters?
nortex97
AG
Wait, what? this is a meme twitter account, right?

C@LAg
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/presidential-actions/2023/07/13/ordering-the-selected-reserve-and-certain-members-of-the-individual-ready-reserve-of-the-armed-forces-to-active-duty/
nortex97
AG
Well, that's just friggin' great. No reason to be worried about 'conspiracy theories' (which obviously have a terrible track record over the past few years) regarding a proxy war with russia escalating, obviously. A hot headed coke head and a senile traitor running this show.

What could go wrong?

But things are going so well!

Rossticus
Other interesting parts of that thread, since you posted it.

Rossticus
And an interesting note on the Russian attack near Novoselivske (NW of Severodonetsk). Something to watch, for sure. Outcome will be telling for both sides if this (AFU advanced intel) indeed turns out to be true.

nortex97
AG
Not any doubt it is disgusting if true in substantial part.

Practically, the Russians are clearly purging a lot of leadership. I don't think the stability of the lines on the 'battlefield' in Ukraine can or should be taken for granted at all. Both sides are desperate, for different reasons, to show actual/dramatic change/impacts, and have extremist elements pushing them from opposite perspectives.

It's all exceptionally volatile/dangerous/horrible.
Ag with kids
AG
nortex97 said:

Teslag said:

His statement did not negate Elon's...in fact, it was 100% complementary...
Ag with kids
AG
Rossticus said:

Other interesting parts of that thread, since you posted it.

When I see things like Colonel-General, it makes me think of

CORPORAL CAPTAIN!!!!
Teslag
AG
nortex97 said:

Wait, what? this is a meme twitter account, right?

OMG, we are going to send a bunch of reservists to Germany Poland and Romania
First Page Last Page
Page 66 of 261

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.