Russia/Ukraine from Another Perspective (Relaunch Part Deux)

476,161 Views | 9112 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by nortex97
Robert L. Peters
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So basically what you're saying is the fear and the wars continue. Who woulda thunk it?
What you say, Paper Champion? I'm gonna beat you like a dog, a dog, you hear me!
LarryElder
Not a Bot said:

Agree. This guy is more of a hard-core nationalist than Putin. This is not some sort of liberty-inspired revolt but the the rather another autocratic nationalist vying for power over another. Except that he is not nearly as pragmatic as Putin. He is all in on the Ukraine war and a huge part of his beef with the current regime is what has been pointed out over the last few years.

Russia's military had been plundered by their leaders and corruption. A lot of the things they thought existed because the paperwork existed, never existed. The Afghanistan national army did the same thing.

Shh people on the other thread think this will make UKRAINE win and is the end of the war smh
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
You still think people have forgotten about this in two weeks?
LarryElder
Definitely Not A Cop said:

Yep most people couldn't find UKE on a map
nortex97
AG
I'd still put 10:1 odds on Wagner getting crushed today but it's not 99.999:.00001 as I might have guessed at 5 am.

But if they did somehow take the kremlin/secure control of Russia proper, I'd put the odds of a big conflict throughout Central Europe, including nuclear weapons, at more than 50:50 within a year. The ultimate 'this is awesome news' for the internet war cheerleaders.
Teslag
AG
So which Russians does this thread cheer on now?
LarryElder
Teslag said:

Weren't you suggesting the us should help Wagner through back channels
GAC06
AG
LarryElder said:

Maybe take a break, bud. You're not doing so hot.
YouBet
AG
I'm cheering for someone sane to emerge out of the mess that takes over Russia.

My cheering is pissing in the wind though.
LarryElder
GAC06 said:

LarryElder said:

Lol UKE fan boys are testy this am ..Imagine cheering for a group more dedicated to winking the war against UKE gotta love f16
Ag with kids
AG
YouBet said:

I'm cheering for someone sane to emerge out of the mess that takes over Russia.

My cheering is pissing in the wind though.
It's...Russia????
BillYeoman
LarryElder said:

GAC06 said:

LarryElder said:

Lol UKE fan boys are testy this am ..Imagine cheering for a group more dedicated to winking the war against UKE gotta love f16

This. Wagner group wants to win the war in Ukraine….maybe by all means necessary.
nortex97
AG
Yes, and we have the Zelensky Xiden Xi Jinping keyboard warrior team suddenly cheering…the Chechens and Wagner/Prighozin.

Wild day.
Teslag
AG
LarryElder said:

Teslag said:

Weren't you suggesting the us should help Wagner through back channels

No, I asked if they CIA would or should.
Teslag
AG
BillYeoman said:

LarryElder said:

GAC06 said:

LarryElder said:

This. Wagner group wants to win the war in Ukraine….maybe by all means necessary.

The Wagner leader has aleady said the Ukraine war was based on lies. He will turn his forces inward in Russia if he's successful. Which is the smart play.
Not a Bot
AG
Not a Bot
AG
While he said some of the pretense was based on lies, he's still a hard-core believer in the war. His beefs seem to be with Russian leadership not conducting the war the way he thinks it should have been conducted and not having the logistics in order before the war started. He is absolutely not anti-war in any way.
Teslag
AG
That's incorrect.

Quote:

"The ministry of defense now is trying to deceive society, the president, and tell a story there was insane aggression from Ukraine and that they intended to attack us with the whole NATO bloc," Prigozhin said.

"The Special Military Operation that began on Feb. 24 was started for completely different reasons," he said.

Quote:

Prigozhin also said in Friday's video that the two goals Putin announced at the start of the war the "demilitarization" and "de-Nazification" of Ukrainewere "pretty stories."

Instead, he blamed Shoigu, the defense ministry and a "clan of oligarchs" for starting the war. He accused Shoigu of seeking glory and wanting "to rob" Ukraine and divide up its assets.

It's very likely that Prigozhin knows the war is futile and a drain on Russia long term.
nortex97
AG
In a war with bad actors/forces on all sides, he is almost uniquely the worst/most contemptible individual, imho. War crimes, threats to escalate wildly, eagerness to commit forces to just grind away his own unit's men for nominal gains/destruction of cities etc. You name it, and he has said/defended vile/horrible things for many years.

There's no reason to pity Putin who empowered, armed, and emboldened him for years, but folks shouldn't draw some sort of tendentious conclusion I believe, based on a recent diatribe, that Priggy is now seeking to just end the war peacefully and all would be calm under his state-level leadership. We worry enough about Kim jong il or the mullah's with a few nukes; this would be vastly worse.

But I'm used to reading laughably bad takes, from certain quarters.
Teslag
AG
Prigozhin wouldn't want to end the war out of altruistic reasons, but rather to focus his grip on consolidating power in Russia.
GAC06
AG
This is pretty wild. It's a shame no one will remember it in a couple weeks
Ag with kids
AG
GAC06 said:

Wait...

Is THIS the Ukrainian counter-offensive?
GAC06
AG
No, that was mythical and did so poorly Russia had a civil war to celebrate
Teslag
AG
It's the mythological civil war now
Manhattan
nortex97 said:

I'd still put 10:1 odds on Wagner getting crushed today but it's not 99.999:.00001 as I might have guessed at 5 am.

But if they did somehow take the kremlin/secure control of Russia proper, I'd put the odds of a big conflict throughout Central Europe, including nuclear weapons, at more than 50:50 within a year. The ultimate 'this is awesome news' for the internet war cheerleaders.

They can't move past Ukraine without… Ukraine which is why it was important to stop them.
J. Walter Weatherman
nortex97 said:

They would be crushed by NATO immediately and both sides in Russia know that. More pointless fear mongering by the Putin cheerleaders.

I wonder which murdering invaders PlaneCrashGuy will root for now?
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
The one that ends the war
I'm not sure if people genuinely believe someone is going to say, "Wow, if some people say I'm a moron for not believing this, it clearly must be true."

It's not much a persuasive argument. It really just sounds like a bunch of miniature dachshunds barking because the first one one barked when it thought it heard something.
Not a Bot
AG

J. Walter Weatherman
PlaneCrashGuy said:

The one that ends the war

So you're rooting for Ukraine to use this instability to make enough gains so that Putin has to bring his troops home? Perfect!
Not a Bot
AG
Seems to be the best solution.

Pumpkinhead
AG
Dictatorships can't afford insurrections to last long. Putin has to crush this fast or look out.

Regardless, the past 16 months and now something like this even being possible shows how much weaker position Putin has gotten himself into than where he was a few years ago.

He should have stuck with being satisfied at the Crimea and Donbass land grabs in 2014 but the ease of that conquest and lack of reaction by the West at that time…just some toothless sanctions…he got greedy and thought 'Why not grab more and just put in my own puppet govt in Kiev?'

They thought Feb 2022 that they could take Kiev in a few days, the West would do nothing again, and that would be that. And now look at the chair he is sitting in. This is what happens when you try to outsource a bunch of your 'Specisl Military Operation' to a privatized mercenary force full of recruits from your prisons. And now the Frankenstein you created has turned on you.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
I don't see that happening, but it'd be great if it stopped the fighting.
I'm not sure if people genuinely believe someone is going to say, "Wow, if some people say I'm a moron for not believing this, it clearly must be true."

It's not much a persuasive argument. It really just sounds like a bunch of miniature dachshunds barking because the first one one barked when it thought it heard something.
ATX_AG_08
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

The team occupying snd raping of the other team

You're a sick puppy.
LarryElder
GAC06 said:

Any other great takes snicker
Robert L. Peters
I'm imagining many on the fanbois thread feeling like it's September 3, 2017 and they were just dancing with the pimp stick.
What you say, Paper Champion? I'm gonna beat you like a dog, a dog, you hear me!
First Page Last Page
Page 48 of 261

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.