Russia/Ukraine from Another Perspective (Relaunch Part Deux)

476,526 Views | 9112 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by nortex97
nortex97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
LMCane said:

just personally curious-

I can understand people who are highly isolationist being against supporting anyone outside the USA. Even though that is a stupid take based on 4,000 years of history.

what I can't understand is why you and some others on this thread seem to relish the thought of the Russians winning a proxy war against our country and the NATO alliance.

Is it that you have family ties to Russia- or you just want to win a theoretical argument against people supporting Ukraine?
This is pretty funny. We ostensibly even are backing the same primary GOP challenger in 2024, and have similar political beliefs.

But because I don't support the billions going to the corrupt Ukrainian Nuland government and the dangerous escalations it backs creating to fight Russia over the Donbas/Crimea, under the ostensible command/leadership of a dementia riddled pants pooper who is planning a trans-Pacific-Indian ocean railroad this week as well as a war against Russia, you have prefaced/premised your question as to my goal/hopes (which I've stated repeatedly in the thread) as either disingenuous, or based on family ties to Russia.

Some of the trolls on this thread aren't, but you can do better than this. Again, I'm not isolationist, and the war has enriched Russia's oligarchs (as well as Ukraine's of course). I've stated what I've hoped for and my position on it repeatedly. It's benefited those folks, and China. It's not isolationist to want out of backing Biden's pay masters to the benefit of the CCP while depleting our own arsenal and spiking inflation globally in food/energy while risking having Biden(+) as CINC in a possibly broad European/global war any given moment.

After the Iraq and Afghanistan wars (to say nothing of Syria/Libya) I kinda thought more conservatives would be dubious about our State Department (especially right now) management of affairs/diplomacy like they've done so masterfully under Victoria Nuland/Blinken/John F Kerry (who served in Vietnam-Cambodia btw)/Ben Rhodes/Samantha Power/Marie Yovanovich/Fiona Hill/George Kent etc. It's frankly disheartening yet also funny to see so many, such as again your 100 percent faulty premises here, perceive dissent as somehow treasonous/stupid/naive/purely wrong think-propaganda.

We will ultimately get zero value spending a trillion dollars rebuilding western Ukraine after the war. It's now a demographically doomed people, period, run by corrupt fascist/totalitarian oligarchs, much like Russia.
LarryElder
Here we are Russia still occupies Donetsk
Robert L. Peters
LMCane said:

just personally curious-

I can understand people who are highly isolationist being against supporting anyone outside the USA. Even though that is a stupid take based on 4,000 years of history.

what I can't understand is why you and some others on this thread seem to relish the thought of the Russians winning a proxy war against our country and the NATO alliance.

Is it that you have family ties to Russia- or you just want to win a theoretical argument against people supporting Ukraine?

This war is nothing more than western globalism's last hurrah. I oppose globalism. I oppose America as the world policeman. HTH
What you say, Paper Champion? I'm gonna beat you like a dog, a dog, you hear me!
Ag with kids
AG
GinMan said:

Honestly not sure what to believe about this but it's disturbing nonetheless

Pretty disturbing that the Russian propagandists would go there, that's for sure...

And I love how it ends with that headline on NewsPunch about the children being sold to pedophiles...

NewsPunch is a Los Angeles-based fake news website.

Quote:

The European Union's East StratCom Task Force has criticized NewsPunch for spreading Russian propaganda, a charge Adl-Tabatabai denies.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NewsPunch#cite_note-:02-3][3][/url]
GAC06
AG
The poster that's lapping that up was convinced that there was no war in Ukraine at all, and that it was all fabricated since he didn't see enough live combat footage. He's their target audience.
Teslag
AG
The Green Dragon said:

LMCane said:

just personally curious-

This war is nothing more than western globalism's last hurrah. I oppose globalism. I oppose America as the world policeman. HTH

This can easily be done without having to regurgitate Russian talking points, propaganda, or outright wanting them to win (as we've literally seen from a thread here titled "I'm Pulling for Russia" with 100 blue stars).
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Another bad day to be Ukrainian
I'm not sure if people genuinely believe someone is going to say, "Wow, if some people say I'm a moron for not believing this, it clearly must be true."

It's not much a persuasive argument. It really just sounds like a bunch of miniature dachshunds barking because the first one one barked when it thought it heard something.
Teslag
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

It would never be as bad as the one they wake up being under a Russian flag. And thanks to our support mostl of them don't have to.
LarryElder
The Green Dragon said:

LMCane said:

just personally curious-

careful UKE bros gonna accuse you of being an Ivan
J. Walter Weatherman
PlaneCrashGuy said:

As usual, I'm sure they appreciate your concern and support in their fight against being invaded by Putin. Like you, I'm hopeful they can win their country back.
nortex97
AG
I forgot the link earlier. He has a lot more data/reporting there, but much of it is anecdotal and speculative. The AI lancet stuff is interesting, if depressing to ponder as it's a matter of hours/weeks until both sides are deploying AI computer controlled killer drones.

Spoiler alert; Biden(*) accelerates Ukraine to nato "MAP" plan to short circuit whatever chances are that Zelensky names a reasonable price with the African peace delegation in Bucha today. This guarantees more Russian strikes/increasing combat pace.
Quote:

I'll include here my periodic reminder that nobody has voted on this fiasco. Congress hasn't held a vote. The American people were not given a voice in the process. The Biden administration has done all of this on its own. There should be no deal made in terms of Ukraine joining NATO until the public has a say in the matter. The stakes are simply too high.
Our 'betters' in DC/the swamp know that nato just needs to inexorably expand, and there can be no dissent or other perspectives in civil discourse.

Oh, and the Ukrainian 'light brigade' imitation was picked up elsewhere.
Ag with kids
AG
Teslag said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

It would never be as bad as the one they wake up being under a Russian flag. And thanks to our support mostl of them don't have to.
Seems some on here want to go by the immortal words of Clayton Williams, "If it's inevitable, just relax and enjoy it".

PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Teslag said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

If they want to die for their country they are free to do so. I'd prefer we let them do it without sending them money, but since that isnt happening; well, I guess they get to die for their country in nice gear.
I'm not sure if people genuinely believe someone is going to say, "Wow, if some people say I'm a moron for not believing this, it clearly must be true."

It's not much a persuasive argument. It really just sounds like a bunch of miniature dachshunds barking because the first one one barked when it thought it heard something.
Ags4DaWin
J. Walter Weatherman said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

As usual, I'm sure they appreciate your concern and support in their fight against being invaded by Putin. Like you, I'm hopeful they can win their country back.

There was no "their country".

They were a divided country before the war. The pro European side that was now in power was maliciously targeting the pro Russian western regions.

The best thing that could have happened was to allow them to hold a referendum on letting western Ukraine secede. To stop the persecution by the eastern Ukrainians.

Which is what Zelensky was prepared to do prior to the West strong arming/bribing him into fighting.

You have all been sold that Ukraine was United against Russia when Russia came in.

That was not the case. Ukraine was a country where they were having civil uprisings and the government was oppressing political dissidents and opponents to try to prevent the western areas from leaving.
nortex97
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

If they want to die for their country they are free to do so. I'd prefer we let them do it without sending them money, but since that isnt happening; well, I guess they get to die for their country in nice gear.
He's still wrong. More Ukrainians are dying now (much more than Russian casualties, in quantity, btw) precisely because of our money keeping this war going.

Those deaths, and the emptying of Ukraine via migration/the war of all who are able to cross the border of military age are also making it an inevitability the place will be run by Russia some day, too.

It's positively Orwellian to claim 'well we have to keep shipping weapons/ammo to Ukraine to support the good ukrainians' when that is...precisely what is getting them largely killed. But said poster has repeatedly admitted he doesn't care about that, he just enjoys pictures/videos of dead conscripts in Russian uniforms. Very deep thoughts.
J. Walter Weatherman
nortex97 said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

He's still wrong. More Ukrainians are dying now (much more than Russian casualties, in quantity, btw) precisely because of our money keeping this war going.

Those deaths, and the emptying of Ukraine via migration/the war of all who are able to cross the border of military age are also making it an inevitability the place will be run by Russia some day, too.

It's positively Orwellian to claim 'well we have to keep shipping weapons/ammo to Ukraine to support the good ukrainians' when that is...precisely what is getting them largely killed. But said poster has repeatedly admitted he doesn't care about that, he just enjoys pictures/videos of dead conscripts in Russian uniforms. Very deep thoughts.

They are dying because Putin invaded.

Some people, like PlaneCrashGuy, seem to get joy out of that, which seems strange and like the rest of their lives must be pretty miserable, but I guess whatever makes y'all happy.
nortex97
AG
Hmmm…

Quote:

Baturina was invited to and according to an eyewitness attended an April 16, 2015, dinner at Washington's Cafe Milano restaurant with Vice President Biden.

That dinner also included Burisma executive Vadym Pozharskyi, according to his thank-you email to Hunter the next day, and a trio of Kazakhstani business reps, two of whom posed for a photo with the Bidens.

In an email at the time to a different associate, Hunter wrote that the meal would be "ostensibly" about his role as chairman of the World Food Program USA.

Baturina and another Russian billionaire with whom Hunter Biden shopped properties, Vladimir Yevtushenkov, remain unsanctioned by President Biden amid Russia's more than year-old invasion of Ukraine.
But the Biden(*) administration is super serious about going after those Russian oligarchs being mean to Ukraine, just as they want to make sure Americans are held to an equal justice standard regarding handling classified information. All good patriots should "ostensibly" support all of this.
Teslag
AG
nortex97 said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

I would rather die under the banner of my nation than under the thumb of another.

You apparently differ.
nortex97
AG
Thank you again for your service, patriotism, and gallantry/bravery.
Teslag
AG
And I used to think none of that made me special because I assumed everyone would do it under those circumstances.

I apparently was wrong.
Ags4DaWin
Teslag said:

nortex97 said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Teslag said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

I would rather die under the banner of my nation than under the thumb of another.

You apparently differ.

Ahhhh because the US is the only country you have allegiance to.

And this is what you fail to comprehend. Not every populace has that same allegiance to the country they currently live in.

If Mexico invaded the US AND CAME into Arizona or Texas and illegal Mexicans were being called up to fight for the US....sure there are some that would join the US.

Others would join the Mexican forces and still others wouldn't feel strongly one way or another.

And that is the point. There are regions of Ukraine that have more ethnic, cultural, and familial ties to Russia and the Russian loyalists in those regions were being persecuted by Zelensky and the Western Ukrainian government. For these people russia's invasion was not "putting them under Putin's thumb" it was removing them from under Zelensky's thumb.

If Zelensky had sat down and worked out a deal to let those regions go after a public referendum the people there would have likely been happy for the change.

The question is whether or not Putin's interests in the invasion were as pure and altruistic as that....maybe...maybe not. I err on the side of maybe not.

However, if things would have been approached from that angle and Putin still invaded then at least it would have justified the entire global community coming down on Putin and getting involved- maybe even boots on the ground. And it would have been justified with a clear good side and bad side.

Because this was approached poorly from the start, now we have two sides which are bad. One is arguably worse than the others...but neither side is good. And we are being asked to go support the lesser of two evils to the tune of 300 billion plus dollars.......that to me is unpalatable.

And now there are Ukrainians dying in order to force other Ukrainians who wanted to leave Ukraine to stay.

Is it worth it?
nortex97
AG
Flash back/forward to a 1993 Clinton-era deal, way before HRC-GCF sold uranium one to Russia (in exchange for donations to the Clinton global initiative), of how we are still paying billions to Russians for nuclear stuff.

I stand by my assertion that the Clinton's pioneered the post-cold war Russian collusion (money:politics) for profiteering that led to the Biden clan initiatives in Ukraine/Russia.

Meanwhile, Russia plans elections in annexed territories.
Ag with kids
AG
nortex97 said:

Flash back/forward to a 1993 Clinton-era deal, way before HRC-GCF sold uranium one to Russia (in exchange for donations to the Clinton global initiative), of how we are still paying billions to Russians for nuclear stuff.

I stand by my assertion that the Clinton's pioneered the post-cold war Russian collusion (money:politics) for profiteering that led to the Biden clan initiatives in Ukraine/Russia.

And interestingly enough, Russia will count all the votes and all of the people elected will be Russian puppets.

Not like they're not experts in this sort of thing having it done it numerous times...

Then, they, and their parrots, will start touting how CLEAN the elections were...
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
nortex97 said:

Democracy has prevailed.

Ag with kids
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

nortex97 said:

Democracy has prevailed.
They had elections in the USSR, too.
Ags4DaWin
Ag with kids said:

nortex97 said:

And interestingly enough, Russia will count all the votes and all of the people elected will be Russian puppets.

Not like they're not experts in this sort of thing having it done it numerous times...

Then, they, and their parrots, will start touting how CLEAN the elections were...

Exactly.

The US has NEVER done this.......

We just install dictators that do our bidding and kill civilians indiscriminately. The Russian method is waaaay worse
Ag with kids
AG
Ags4DaWin said:

Ag with kids said:

nortex97 said:

Exactly.

We just install dictators that do our bidding and kill civilians indiscriminately. The Russian method is waaaay worse
And...

Now we know this is not about money...
GinMan
AG
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CtSTuNLJYeB/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

"The truth will shock the world. Those who scream the loudest. It's time to unlearn all the lies and peel back the layers to find the truth. Propaganda is legal you have been a victim of weaponized information. This is an information war. The silent war continues…"
YouBet
AG
The Green Dragon said:

LMCane said:

just personally curious-

This could very well be the case.
Ags4DaWin
Ag with kids said:

Ags4DaWin said:

Ag with kids said:

nortex97 said:

Exactly.

And...

Now we know this is not about money...

Huh?

Dude....u just said that my explanation of the best solution for everyone was crap because Russia will just rig the elections in the western regions.

I replied with a FACT that the US doesn't even bother to rig elections when we take over a region....so your moral outrage over the fact that Russia "may try that tactic" is silly.

And somehow that means that my opposition to the aid we are sending is not about the money?

You say that like it's some "gotcha moment" for you. It's not.

For the record my opposition is multifaceted and all of reasons for opposing it are good. The only reason you neocons have been able to present for contuing aid is "putin is bad. Dead Russians good. Must kill evil russians"
.......yeah yall are brainwashed zombies.

1) it results in further unnecessary loss of human life.

2) it pushes Russia and China closer together and alienates countries that are not western European countries driving them to join BRICS. This is happening as we speak. The pitch Russia and China are using is "decouple from the dollar because if America doesn't like you and you depend on the US banking system they will cripple ur ecpnomy". And the argument is working. This is going to accelerate other countries drawing down on dollar reserves and make inflation worse. We are already seeing it. There have been threads started on this board regarding this subject.

3) there is very little oversight for the weapons and money being sent. Historically when we send money and aid like this it gets grifted and 30% ends up in the hands of warlords, religious fanatics, and drug cartels that our military often has to fight later. There is already evidence that this has happened.

4) it has already been demonstrated that some of this money had been being washed and sent back to American politician's. Sorry but if u can't see that politicans getting rich off of manipulating the continuation of a war is wrong and a good reason to oppose the aid then I can't help you because your moral compass is gone.

5) printing more dollars and going into more debt along with the BRICS mess is going to increase inflation even more and hurt Americans when we are already in a recession that is about to get worse.

6) it depletes our military stockpiles and makes the American military less prepared for conflict. We are running low on things like patriot missiles and can only manufacture 300 a year. All of our "fight Russia" stockpiles amassed over the past 15 years are gone. It's going to take another 15 years to resupply.

7) it emboldened China over Taiwan. The people of Taiwan and the chop manufacturing there is much more strategic to US interests than Ukraine which has no strategic or material value to the US economy or military.

8) Western Ukraine had been committing persecution against Eastern Ukraine prior to this. Pardon me if I don't cry a river that they are no longer allowed to do that. A good decent portion are Nazis.....this is true....there is no good guy here....just a bunch of bad guys on the Russian and Ukrainian side both and we are arming one side of the bad guys so that the death and destruction can continue....instead of telling them to figure **** out, come to a peaceful resolution.

Money is only a small part of it. There are about a dozen more reasons why sending continual aid there is bad for Americans but 8 reasons should suffice.
nortex97
AG

Sigh…

Again I see more are paying attention/catching on, than was the case just a month ago.

docb
AG
Can't wait to see the F16s get involved with this war. And the ATACMS. Keep it rolling!
GAC06
AG
Quote:

China is betting on the US not wanting to fight a war on two fronts. China wants the Ukraine war to last as long as possible to deplete Western military capacity before invading Taiwan. It's working. Strike a deal now. Achieve peace and stop the China-Russia military alliance before it's too late.

So there is a Russia-China alliance that wants the war to last as long as possible, and we should counter that by… "striking a deal" as soon as possible? Those ideas back to back make no sense. Once again Vivek is catering to the orange man lemmings. Not a serious person.
nortex97
AG
Gen. Bankshi is not a big believer, to say the least, in the impact of the next wonder weapon hope (F-16's). Really, I think he has a point in that the air defenses on both sides are pretty good/no non-stealth operations over the other side are going to last very long.

Indeed, some Indian perspectives seem to be aligning further toward Russia's likely victory/outcomes:

Quote:

The choice for the West narrows down to negotiating with Russia on its terms, or to expect a military solution, which might mean the obliteration of Ukraine as a nation and the eviction of NATO.

Make no mistake, Russian offensive plans have been drawn up. There is talk among opinion makers in Moscow about creating new facts on the ground a De-Militarised Zone along the Polish border. Now, that entails Russian forces crossing the Dnieper and liberating Kiev as well as liberate Kharkov and Odessa, two other Russian cities historically. Russia has no interest in annexing the western regions of Ukraine, which is hostile territory that Stalin annexed.

But western Ukraine has other neighbours Poland included who would have unfinished business of partition of their historical lands to settle. The unresolved nationality question is explosive, as Poles still remember the killings by the Ukrainian nationalists aligned with the Nazis. Historians say that more than 100,000 Poles, including women and even the smallest children, perished at the hands of their Ukrainian neighbours in a nationalist drive in areas that were then in southeastern Poland and are mostly in Ukraine now. To put it mildly, what remains of Ukraine under the weight of a crushing military defeat no one can predict.

The Kremlin will exercise its options depending on the exigencies of the situation. Moscow seems to have concluded that there is no real alternative to a military solution. It will not allow Ukraine to remain a chronic wound infected by the microbial species from the transatlantic universe. Cauterisation of the wound is necessary, albeit with potential risks.
YouBet
AG
The Ukraine offensive has been paused.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/ukraine-runs-into-russian-air-superiority-82c621c

Quote:

Ukraine said its forces were advancing on several axes in their counteroffensive but were struggling to counter Russian air and artillery superiority hobbling its assaults in the east and south.

Now into its second week, Ukraine's ambitious attempt to take back Russian-occupied land is proving to be a hard slog against dense minefields and well-prepared defenses. After Ukraine's first probing attacks yielded mixed results, its forces have mostly paused their advances in recent days as commanders take stock of the past two weeks and analyze ways to punch through Russian lines without taking huge losses.

Russia has taken advantage of its superior air power and Kyiv's limited air defenses to strike Ukrainian armored columns and stop several attacks, destroying some of the sophisticated Western weaponry Ukraine is fielding.
First Page Last Page
Page 43 of 261

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.