Russia/Ukraine from Another Perspective (Relaunch Part Deux)

476,518 Views | 9112 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by nortex97
Stat Monitor Repairman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

(see above about conscripting females en masse now)
Robert L. Peters
We do do the same for the fanbois
What you say, Paper Champion? I'm gonna beat you like a dog, a dog, you hear me!
nortex97
AG
Horrible, horrible footage (warning, nsfw). Makes the guy filming it even puke. I would like to think/hope, that all of us actually want this to end asap. I know Biden's earpiece/Xi/Putin/Zelensky don't give a crap about these poor young guys, on either side.
J. Walter Weatherman
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Quote:

Who is being drafted for WW3?
Ag with kids
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

I'm excited to see this horrifying sagas come to a close.
When the Russians GTFO out of the country they invaded?

Or now, where they get a bunch of the country as their reward for invading the country?
Ag with kids
AG
J. Walter Weatherman said:

Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Quote:

Who is being drafted for WW3?
It's a joke meme...read it again.
nortex97
AG
Meanwhile, Putin (one of Biden's paymasters) held a presser today:

Quote:

The main points from the meeting of Vladimir Putin with the military correspondents and bloggers:

• The Armed Forces of Ukraine have been conducting a large-scale offensive since June, 4th, and it is still ongoing.
  • The Armed Forces of Ukraine did not achieve any success in any of the directions. They have almost 50/50 irretrievable losses. The loss ratio is 1/10 in our favor;
  • During the offensive, Ukraine lost over 160 tanks and over 360 armored vehicles. Russia lost 54 tanks but some can be restored;
  • The AFU purposefully hit the Kakhovskaya hydroelectric power station with HIMARS missiles before its destruction, and the last explosion could have been carried out with a pre-planted bomb;
  • The problem with UAVs of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on the territory of the Russian Federation will be resolved;
  • There is no need to introduce martial law on the whole territory of Russia or for additional mobilization at this point;
  • The Russian Federation had nothing to do with the events of 2014 in the Donbass, then we were forced to stand up for these people. The goals of the SMO do not change, they are of a fundamental nature for Russia;
  • The defense industry of Ukraine "does not produce a thing": the ammunition, the equipment are brought in from the outside, and won't last that long. The question of demilitarization is a practical one for us.

Meanwhile, Biden has his FBI director (and deputy director below) continue to lie and desperately try to cover up the bribery Biden is involved with in Ukraine.

Teslag
AG
So are really going with the "Putin is paying off Biden to give aid to Ukraine to make his invasion last over a year and not get all of Ukraine like he wanted to" bit?
nortex97
AG
I won't directly address your questions unless/until both I feel like it, and you admit without equivocation that Biden is senile/has dementia, but fyi Russia's oligarchs got richer last year, during the Biden Russia Ukraine war. Like you, they don't give a damn about either American tax monies or the serfs they toss into the meat grinder.

Biden(_), Putin, Xi, and everyone involved that matters have known for a long time this mythological 'counter-offensive' of human sacrifice was doomed to fail, badly.
J. Walter Weatherman
PlaneCrashGuy said:

I'm excited to see this horrifying sagas come to a close.

The Ukrainians appreciate your support! They also are excited to see Putin give up, stop murdering their neighbors, and go home.
Teslag
AG
So the mythological offensive is going to fail even though it doesn't actually exist?

Okay then.
GAC06
AG
Putin, Xi, Biden, and Zelenskyy got together and decided June was the right time for the mythical offensive so they could make lots of money from the weapons that clearly aren't in Ukraine.
nortex97
AG
Long update. Excerpt:

Quote:

German Stern magazine claimed that Russians laid a trap:
Quote:

Stern magazine writes that the euphoria in anticipation of Ukrainian success from the use of German tanks quickly evaporated - "Compared to the high expectations that Western experts aroused, it was a shock ... It seems that the Ukrainians fell into an obvious trap. The Russians did not initially destroy the damaged vehicles, but left them as traps. While trying to save them, the next Ukrainian group came under fire"
And this defense analyst from the previous WSJ article also stated something I've been telling people for a long time:
Quote:

"Ukrainian forces are attempting to do something no other European military is currently capable of: conducting sustained combined-arms operations at scale against a peer-adversary in a state-on-state, high-intensity war," said Franz-Stefan Gady, a London-based defense analyst.
Among Western militaries, only the U.S. is capable of the sort of complex offensive Kyiv is attemptingbut Ukraine lacks the U.S.'s air power, Gady said.
Meanwhile, there are indications of the heavy losses Ukraine is actually taking in the region:
Quote:

Beznosov: New information is being received from the territories controlled by Ukraine. In Zaporozhye, over the past 4 days, almost all medical institutions in the city were filled with Ukrainian soldiers. Only in the 5th hospital, about 1,500 wounded horsemen were taken. At the same time, the active movement of tow trucks in the amount of 200-300 units is recorded in the city. These are just some facts of the consequences of the offensive actions of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in this sector of the front.

The Ukrainian Armed Forces ' bases in Orekhov were hit hard with smart bombs. In this city are the bases and control points of the AFU brigades advancing on the Zaporozhye front. Yesterday it was reported that in the area of Orekhov, the control point of the 47th mechanized brigade of the Armed Forces of Ukraine was hit-the same one that has already lost almost all the Bradleys and lost a bunch of Leopard tanks.

And reports like this, although they should be taken with a grain of salt, just in case:
Quote:

Panic is growing in the ranks of the Armed Forces of Ukraine due to high losses during the failed counteroffensive. More and more appeals from the Armed Forces of Ukraine are leaking into the network, who complain about the high losses in their units and the terrifying activity of the Russian troops. In one of these appeals, a fighter of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, located in the Kharkiv direction, stated that "hundreds of the wounded and killed are evacuated from their positions every day."
The situation is now so deplorable that the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine for the first time since the beginning of active hostilities had to admit colossal losses on the front line. The West also acknowledged that the Ukrainian army faced huge unforeseen losses, which caused panic in the command of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.

"Their panic is visible, and lies in the fact that they do not know in which direction they will be able to achieve visible success. After all, if the Ukrainian government does not show at least some results to supporters in NATO, support for Ukraine will begin to fall, "said Daniel Davis, an American military expert. New details about the state of affairs in the Armed Forces of Ukraine appear from captured Ukrainian soldiers, who are becoming more and more every day. They blame their command for the numerous deaths. According to one of the captured Ukrainian officers, high-ranking commanders are increasingly giving inadequate orders, which have already killed thousands of soldiers.

I had to go look up EU foreign policy bureaucrat Borrell's laughably honest admission this week that peace negotiations are probably going to be held back from happening until after the US 2024 elections:

Quote:

The European Union's foreign policy chief, Josep Borrell, expected that peace negotiations between Russia and Ukraine would begin after the end of the US presidential elections to be held in November 2024.

"Russian President Vladimir Putin is waiting for the results of the US presidential elections in 2024, and we should not wait for the start of peace talks between Moscow and Kiev before that," Borrell said, in an interview for the Spanish radio Onda Cero.
Absurdly believable. FJB.

Asia Times continues to be more or less neutral imho in its coverage. Their update:

Quote:

This battle is ongoing. The Russians lost a general, Major General Sergei Goryachev, 52, chief of staff of the 35th Combined Arms Army, who died as a result of a missile strike; most likely his command post was hit by a HIMARS. It is likely he was targeted by US and British spy aircraft operating offshore. The US has been running the Global Hawk RQ-4 drone, a highly capable intelligence drone, and the British brought in the much larger, manned Rivet Joint RC-135 spycraft.

There is no word on the level of casualties or equipment destroyed on either side.

The Ukrainians are still very far from Russia's first line of defense, which is heavily fortified. The Russian strategy so far appears to be formulated to be costly to the Ukrainians, slowly grinding down their forces and trying to form cauldrons where the Russians can systematically annihilate Ukrainian armor.

The Ukrainians say that the Russians are running out of ammunition, but this may be based on the few days of bad weather rather than anything else. In any case, Russia has control of the roadways all the way back into Russia proper, so it can reinforce as it chooses.

Other developments

Russia has carried out heavy air attacks including Kyiv. Some of the attacks were focused on command centers, ammunition storage and petroleum, oil and lubricants sites.

The Ukrainians keep claiming significant progress attacking the Bakhmut flanks, even though almost every report says that Ukrainian forces were driven off and took losses. This is indicative of the need for Kyiv to report only successes at home, even when these statements are divorced from reality. The stepping up of Kiev's home front propaganda is something you would expect in the frame of a major offensive operation.

Carson's right.

Meh, mostly fake news/trash propaganda about the mythologized 'counter-offensive.'
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
I wonder how many Uke soldiers had the luxury of figuring out they had been duped by high command before they died (unnecessarily)
I'm not sure if people genuinely believe someone is going to say, "Wow, if some people say I'm a moron for not believing this, it clearly must be true."

It's not much a persuasive argument. It really just sounds like a bunch of miniature dachshunds barking because the first one one barked when it thought it heard something.
J. Walter Weatherman
PlaneCrashGuy said:

I wonder how many Uke soldiers had the luxury of figuring out they had been duped by high command before they died (unnecessarily)

Agreed, Putin unnecessarily invaded Ukraine and should stop the war. Again, the Ukrainians appreciate your support!
GAC06
AG
Man, if Ukrainians feel duped for defending their country from invasion, imagine how the Russians conscripted for a "special military operation" to "denazify" a country with a Jewish president feel when they're killed by fellow Russians for retreating.
Faustus
GAC06 said:

Man, if Ukrainians feel duped for defending their country from invasion, imagine how the Russians conscripted for a "special military operation" to "denazify" a country with a Jewish president feel when they're killed by fellow Russians for retreating.
They're feeling pretty good since all their sins were washed away by the act of dying in the invasion, according to the Russian Orthodox Church. Religion is pretty useful that way for religious authorities. (See, e.g., Islam and martyrs).

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/orthodox-church-leader-says-russian-soldiers-dying-ukraine-will-be-cleansed-sin-2022-09-26/#

Quote:

The head of the Russian Orthodox Church has said that Russian soldiers who die in the war against Ukraine will be cleansed of all their sins
. . .
But at the same time, the Church realises that if somebody, driven by a sense of duty and the need to fulfil their oath ... goes to do what their duty calls of them, and if a person dies in the performance of this duty, then they have undoubtedly committed an act equivalent to sacrifice. They will have sacrificed themselves for others. And therefore, we believe that this sacrifice washes away all the sins that a person has committed."
No word on whether the dead conscripts are enjoying a bevy of virgins with their newly cleansed spiritual selves.

Robert L. Peters
J. Walter Weatherman said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Agreed, Putin unnecessarily invaded Ukraine and should stop the war. Again, the Ukrainians appreciate your support!

Lol. The only time I think about Ukraine is when this thread pops up or our government is sending them more of our $$.
What you say, Paper Champion? I'm gonna beat you like a dog, a dog, you hear me!
LarryElder
LIke I said UKE willl not kick the Russians out of the east they will need to negotiate.
nortex97
AG

Stop funding the war. Stop depleting the DoD arsenals/readiness for this theater of the absurd.

Matt Davies has updated his analyses/thread (better, consolidated link) of various parts of the 'offensive' and feints:

YouBet
AG
LarryElder said:

LIke I said UKE willl not kick the Russians out of the east they will need to negotiate.

Although I don't fault them for trying, it's absurd to think they could. This will mostly end up where it started in 2014. An agreed upon stalemate.
Teslag
AG
I honestly wondered if you would post the tweet from the former Virginia "state" senator. A guy who has appeard on both Russian and CCP state run media outlets. And true to form, you did. There's no citation or source for any of his numbers. Nothing. And yet you posted it.

Meanwhile...

https://www.politico.eu/article/vladimir-putin-ukraine-war-russia-doesnt-have-enough-weapons-and-drones-putin-admits/

Putin claims that they don't have enough tanks despite you earlier citing that they are producing 100 modern tanks per month.

Quote:

Speaking Tuesday at a meeting of pro-war bloggers in the Kremlin, Putin acknowledged that "during the course of the special military operation, it has become clear there are shortages of many things precision-guided munitions, communications equipment, aircraft, drones and so on."

"We have them, but unfortunately we don't have enough of them," he said, according to state media. As well as drones, "modern anti-tank weapons are needed, and modern tanks are needed."
GAC06
AG
I came here expecting to see the Russian professor calling for a nuclear first strike because they're getting their asses handed to them in their "special operation", but with some "another perspective" interpretation showing that things have actually never been better for Russia.
nortex97
AG
More good info at this thread;

Ghost Mech
GAC06 said:

I came here expecting to see the Russian professor calling for a nuclear first strike because they're getting their asses handed to them in their "special operation", but with some "another perspective" interpretation showing that things have actually never been better for Russia.
Again pull your head out of your ass.....Ukraine isn't winning this fight. I know you're not going to watch any of these but everyone else should to get the picture of what is truly happening over there. Especially the YouTube one, he actually discusses how Ukrainian tactics and strategy are failing (unlike your warmonger daily mental masturbation thread).

Https://youtu.be/zp6pSHao23E
Stat Monitor Repairman
Crops destroyed in Afghanistan due to locusts. Some are predicting famine there.

Best thing we can do right now is hire the Taliban to convoy all abandoned US military hardware to Ukraine.

Will provide jobs to displaced Taliban. Reduce incidents of violence against women while Taliban on the road.

Maybe deploy a couple US transportation battalions to run logistics. I'll be a good training workup for noobs that didn't get kicked out over covid shots.

Get Netflix to sponsor and make an ice-road trucker style show.

Embed a bunch of youtubers in the convoy.

On arrival hand out contracts to Taliban fighters to take over for Ukrainians,

Taliban people already fully qualified on both Russian and NATO weapons and hardware.

Taliban might be the most qualified people on the planet to fight this war.

I'll be great.

Free up US resources to fight China and Russia on other fronts.

It's a win-win-win.
GAC06
AG
Zergling Rush said:

GAC06 said:

Again pull your head out of your ass.....Ukraine isn't winning this fight. I know you're not going to watch any of these but everyone else should to get the picture of what is truly happening over there. Especially the YouTube one, he actually discusses how Ukrainian tactics and strategy are failing (unlike your warmonger daily mental masturbation thread).

Https://youtu.be/zp6pSHao23E

I see that spending 15+ months in a quagmire, fought to a standstill by a lowly former SSR has left the fragile egos of Russia and its apologists in tatters.
Teslag
AG
Didn't you read? ALL of the donated equipment has been destroyed. Just read the link.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Remember when Ukraine was going to fall in hours days weeks months? Pepperidge Farm remembers...
nortex97
AG
Russians have reported a waiting list of 20+ applicant countries to BRICS alliance, and some have mocked the French (shocker, I know), for asking to be invited.

Quote:

"It is inevitable that people will have doubts about the extent to which France can act according to its own will, or whether it still has to comply with Washington's strong opinions," the Global Times muttered.

The core members of BRICS are Brazil, Russia, India, and China, with South Africa added in 2011. South Africa has the rotating chairmanship this year and Ramaphosa has said he wants to focus the attention of the bloc on African issues during his stint as chairman.

The general goal of BRICS is to create an alternative to the G7 that is aligned more closely with the interests of developing nations a role China still claims, even as it has become one of the world's largest economies. This would make Macron a rather offbeat guest for the summit. There are currently 19 nations petitioning to join BRICS, and France is not one of them. RT snidely noted that Macron alienated potential BRICS members in Africa by condemning the Russian invasion of Ukraine, because those former French colonies "see Russia as a more reliable partner than their former master."

South Africa has lately been having second thoughts about hosting the BRICS summit in August because of another potential attendee: Russian President Vladimir Putin. As a signatory to the foundational treaty of the International Criminal Court (ICC), South Africa would technically be obliged to arrest Putin for war crimes if he shows up. As August approaches, Ramaphosa's government seems increasingly less confident it can finesse that little detail away with a grant of diplomatic immunity.

The UK Guardian reported on Sunday that some South African officials want to hand the BRICS summit off to China, a close ally of Russia that did not sign the ICC treaty. This would also make it easier for South Africa to promote a peace plan for the Ukraine war that it devised along with Zambia, Senegal, Congo, Uganda, and Egypt.
Heck, I dunno what it means. The BRICS alliance, and shifts/growth in OBOR etc. are the bigger negatives strategically vs. China, imho, from this conflict. Pretty tough to combat that with allies like the French and a president as compromised as Xiden.
Teslag
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

Remember when Ukraine was going to fall in hours days weeks months? Pepperidge Farm remembers...

And who knows how many WW3's we are up to now
nortex97
AG
Not much to really report:

Quote:

There are some indications that internally, Kiev and Washington are panicking about the unexpectedly dismal results thus far. Not only were they meant to reach Russia's first line already within the first few days, but by now they would have liked to have breached it. Instead, they got mired down only a few kilometers in.
Quote:

The Ukrainian TG channel Woman with a Scythe writes about disappointment in the counteroffensive in the offices of the Kiev regime:

"There were rumors on the sidelines that the President's Office is very afraid that the Azov offensive will lose momentum and turn into a second meat grinder.

On the sidelines, everyone has already given this a name. There will be a "Azov massacre", since there are fields there, there are no places where you can hide, which means there will be more losses.

The West expected more from the counteroffensive."
Here's one view of how far they've gotten in what is now eleven days of heavy combat:

Oh, wait, nevermind, the mythologized counter-offensive is actually just probing stuff: maybe it's just 'pride month' parades.

Quote:

Taking his cue, presidential advisor Mikhail Podolyak appeared to already be toting the new narrative:
Quote:

The Armed Forces of Ukraine have not yet launched a counteroffensive, said Mikhail Podolyak, adviser to the head of the office of the President of Ukraine.

Now, according to him, the Ukrainian troops are conducting "testing", which "allows us to move forward."

There is a feeling that they themselves do not even understand : is there an offensive or is it still not there?

If they already lost so much just on "testing" cant wait for a real thing
Of course, I already predicted this several reports ago where I said that the infamous Schrodinger's Offensive will be labeled accordingly ex post facto depending on how well it does. If they make breaches they will have retroactively announced that it was the big one all along, if they get wiped they'll simply pretend they're just testing Russia and 'the big one' will happen later when they get F-16s.
Sort of interesting video of basically former Ukrainian positions;

So the latest rumors are M-60's and Merkava's for the Uke's 2024 offensive? LOLOL. Forever war!
GinMan
AG
Honestly not sure what to believe about this but it's disturbing nonetheless

nortex97
AG
I want to see 'Mel Gibson's film' (which is a mis-attribution) as human trafficking to/from both Russia and Ukraine is very likely quite real, but that tweet was just a sensationalized/propagandized lie, imho. And note, Tim Ballard actually has stated Ukraine (as in the government) gave him a list of 10,000 'displaced' children as a starting point to that film.

The give away was the part about 'European and Israeli transplant firms.' C'mon, they just had to throw in the evil Israeli jews as complicit in the whole organ transplant market company thing, right?

There are a huge number of displaced people/families, and yes, kids from this war. One more reason we should all hope and pray it ends quickly.
LMCane
just personally curious-

I can understand people who are highly isolationist being against supporting anyone outside the USA. Even though that is a stupid take based on 4,000 years of history.

what I can't understand is why you and some others on this thread seem to relish the thought of the Russians winning a proxy war against our country and the NATO alliance.

Is it that you have family ties to Russia- or you just want to win a theoretical argument against people supporting Ukraine?
First Page Last Page
Page 42 of 261

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.