Russia/Ukraine from Another Perspective (Relaunch Part Deux)

476,719 Views | 9113 Replies | Last: 15 min ago by nortex97
nortex97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There's really nothing very optimistic going on, from a 'pro-ukraine' perspective. The materiel/weapons they can go get more delivered down the road, but they are out of people, really. I've avoided linking some of the anecdotal images/tweets of younger males being physically abducted by their security folks to be sent to the lines, as I can't tell which ones are real vs. propaganda/fakes, but I do feel bad for the folks being 'expended' in this PR operation.

With the mines working so well (including the ability to lay them behind an advancing column as per link above), really traditional 'wedge' armor advances are basically impossible, and adding to that now there is more rain over the country again making it all very difficult, though plausibly maybe the weather will limit Russian ISR and air power advantages on the defensive side of things. Meanwhile, the Russians apparently face less pressure to raise forces to continue;

I keep waiting to read of a revolt/rebellion within the UFA ranks. Will be interesting to see if/when that happens during/after this 'offensive.' Who knows? Meanwhile, nato is meeting this month to discuss sending ground forces to join the Ukrainians. Utter disaster/foolishness...forever war!
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Very bad day to be a Ukrainian. I don't understand the hubris of some posters
I'm not sure if people genuinely believe someone is going to say, "Wow, if some people say I'm a moron for not believing this, it clearly must be true."

It's not much a persuasive argument. It really just sounds like a bunch of miniature dachshunds barking because the first one one barked when it thought it heard something.
J. Walter Weatherman
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Agreed. It's been a bad year and a half to be a Ukrainian thanks to Putin invading their country. Will be a tough next few months but hopefully they can make enough advances to convince the Russians to end the war and go home.
Teslag
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Because the Uke's are pushing again and haven't even committed their full strength yet. Keep rooting for the Russians. It's gone well so far.

The Russians also just blew another dam in a hasty retreat. Some tricks never get old.
Ag with kids
AG
Teslag said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Because the Uke's are pushing again and haven't even committed their full strength yet. Keep rooting for the Russians. It's gone well so far.

The Russians also just blew another dam in a hasty retreat. Some tricks never get old.
I love how the posters keep posting things like they're horrible and they have DAY #474 in them...

Russia - a supposed "superpower" has basically fought itself to a standstill against a small former SSR and it's taken well over a year to get here...
GAC06
AG
Quote:

Meanwhile, nato is meeting this month to discuss sending ground forces to join the Ukrainians.

Uh huh
nortex97
AG
Quote:

That leaves negotiations as the only option. There will be a lot of hesitation as the price Russia will ask for to stop the war will be high:
Quote:

For starters, will Russia insist on securing the rights to all territory east of the Dnieper River and on a special status for Odessa? I think so. Odessa would no longer be ruled by Ukraine. I also would expect Russia to demand (non-negotiable) the arrest and prosecution of those responsible for the murder of 42 Russian speaking Ukrainians in 2014 who sought refuge in the Trade Unions House.

I also would expect that Russia will demand the dismantling of NATO Aegis missile systems in Poland and Romania and a ban on U.S. or NATO troops being posted in countries that share a border with Ukraine. In light of Russia's stated goal of de-nazification I would not be surprised if Russia demands the laws of Ukraine be changed and that Nazi-affiliated parties and symbols be banned.
I believe that Russia will want all historic Russian regions, at least those which Lenin and Khrushchev for whatever reasons gave to Ukraine, back under Russian control. Russia will also demand the lifting of all sanctions against it.
Quote:

The West is failing to grasp the reality that Russia believes it is winning the war in Ukraine and that it is not suffering economic or political damage at home. And, when you factor in the international arena, the war has proven to be a boon for Russia's efforts to help create a new international financial/trade system that circumvents Washington's control. In other words, Russia has little incentive to entertain negotiations that would require Russian concessions.
It will still need some time for the 'western' public to move from swallowing 'Ukraine is wining' propaganda towards acknowledging reality. It unfortunately will also still take more Ukrainian and Russian losses.

But I strongly believe, maybe too wishfully, that the end of the war is now coming into sight.
Grumbling noisesโ€ฆbut maybe he is right about the end coming into sight.
GAC06
AG
Quote:

For starters, will Russia insist on securing the rights to all territory east of the Dnieper River and on a special status for Odessa? I think so. Odessa would no longer be ruled by Ukraine. I also would expect Russia to demand (non-negotiable) the arrest and prosecution of those responsible for the murder of 42 Russian speaking Ukrainians in 2014 who sought refuge in the Trade Unions House.

I also would expect that Russia will demand the dismantling of NATO Aegis missile systems in Poland and Romania and a ban on U.S. or NATO troops being posted in countries that share a border with Ukraine. In light of Russia's stated goal of de-nazification I would not be surprised if Russia demands the laws of Ukraine be changed and that Nazi-affiliated parties and symbols be banned.

Looks like that guy picked the wrong day to quit sniffing glue
Teslag
AG
GAC06 said:

Quote:

Looks like that guy picked the wrong day to quit sniffing glue

I had to read that **** twice and thought it was from March 2022
Faustus
Slow down, I'm still writing all this down.

Surely Putin wants Finland back out of NATO, and Norway should have to leave too as good measure.
nortex97
AG

Michael Rubin: "Biden" needs to give Ukraine tactical nukes. WTAF?
Teslag
AG
"Guys, it's nuclear war for real this time. Ignore the last 12 months. This time it's really happening!"
Stat Monitor Repairman
GAC06 said:

Quote:

People are tribalistic. We've gotten to the point where people will bend reality so long as it means staying in line with the tribe.
Like claiming WWIII is happening over and over despite being wrong over and over?

Checkin in on this Monday to see how ya'll durrrn'
GAC06
AG
Ok let's check in.

Still no world war.

Hope that helps.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Great thanks. Carry on.
ravingfans
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

GAC06 said:

Quote:

People are tribalistic. We've gotten to the point where people will bend reality so long as it means staying in line with the tribe.
Like claiming WWIII is happening over and over despite being wrong over and over?

The Taiwan evac plan is already complete. The biden administration took the Afghanistan one and copied it, then crossed out Afghanistan and wrote in Taiwan instead...
Ag with kids
AG

GAC06 said:

Quote:

The US is preparing evacuation plans from everywhere all the time.

It's called being prepared...
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Ag with kids said:

GAC06 said:

Quote:

Source?
I'm not sure if people genuinely believe someone is going to say, "Wow, if some people say I'm a moron for not believing this, it clearly must be true."

It's not much a persuasive argument. It really just sounds like a bunch of miniature dachshunds barking because the first one one barked when it thought it heard something.
Ag with kids
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Ag with kids said:

GAC06 said:

Quote:

Source?
Here's an example I found without digging much...
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Ag with kids said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Ag with kids said:

GAC06 said:

Quote:

Source?

"Everywhere all the time"

*3 year old document*

GAC06
AG
Yeah this is the "another perspective" thread where only pro-Russian bloggers and no **** actual Russian propaganda is accepted as sources.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
You're so close.

Ag with kids
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Ag with kids said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Ag with kids said:

GAC06 said:

Quote:

Source?

"Everywhere all the time"

*3 year old document*
2022 = 3 years ago.

Cool. First it was spring that changed, now it's years...

BTW...if you knew anything about the government, which you've shown you don't, you'd realize that PREPARING and PUBLISHING can be YEARS apart.
PlaneCrashGuy
nortex97
AG
Asia Times: Big Development: Ukraine ready to negotiate.

Quote:

His statement came after Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky visited Kherson on June 8th to be updated on the ongoing offensive in the Zaphorize region.

No doubt Zelensky got news that he did not want to hear: The Ukrainian offensive is not going well and Ukrainian army losses have been heavy. The Russians have managed to knock out many Ukrainian tanks, including French-supplied AMX-10s and three front-line German Leopard A-6 models (not the A-4 models transferred from Poland).

The Russians also destroyed the critical Hensoldt TRML-4D AESA radar, part of the Iris-T air defense system that was brought up in range to support Ukraine's forces in the offensive. Its neutralization has given Russian forces command of the air above the battlefield.
Quote:

We don't know much about Russian casualties or material losses. We do know that what may have been Ukraine's best-modernized brigade the 47th Mechanized, trained in Europe by NATO, equipped with night vision, thermal imaging gear and infantry fighting vehicles including the US Bradley, and backed by a massive amount of artillery including HIMARS failed to gain ground or roll back the Russians.

It is unclear how much overall damage was done to this brigade, but other units have been mauled so much so that some battalions refused to fight.

Ukraine still has a very large force it can bring to the battle, so the offensive is only in its early stages. But the Russians also have a huge reserve force, perhaps 200,000 soldiers, that they are starting to deploy.
Here's hoping.

The Biden clan is owned/operated by the Russians and Chinese, as most observers have long known. Burisma was/is a Ukrainian company but its board/ownership interests have always been mostly Russian oligarchs (like the widow of the former mayor of Moscow, Baturina, who oh by the way is still exempt from Russian sanctions for some strange unspoken reason).

Follow the money.
TRADUCTOR
Rather be dead than red, give more money to the Nazis! ...wait.
Teslag
AG
https://www.voanews.com/a/us-providing-325-million-more-in-aid-for-ukraine-/7134105.html

$325 million in more aid for Ukraine, including more stryker and bradleys.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/canadas-trudeau-visits-kyiv-show-support-2023-06-10/

Canadians throwing another $500 million to slaughter more russian trash.
YouBet
AG
Teslag said:

https://www.voanews.com/a/us-providing-325-million-more-in-aid-for-ukraine-/7134105.html

$325 million in more aid for Ukraine, including more stryker and bradleys.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/canadas-trudeau-visits-kyiv-show-support-2023-06-10/

Canadians throwing another $500 million to slaughter more russian trash.

Interesting to see Trudeau talk about staying in Ukraine for forever if need be.

F* that noise.

Meanwhile, the WSJ reports Biden officials planning for negotiations and we know leaders of UK, Germany, and France told Zelensky months ago to negotiate.

Article below is us apparently deciding to give Ukraine depleted uranium rounds, but I've seen variations of the quote below now repeated multiple times.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-set-to-approve-depleted-uranium-tank-rounds-for-ukraine-f6d98dcf

Quote:

Top Biden administration officials say the U.S. goal is to enable Ukraine to make as much progress as possible on the battlefield, to put Kyiv in the strong negotiating position if peace talks are eventually held. But there has been disagreement within the Biden administration about how best to support Ukrainian forces, including whether to supply cluster munitions.

PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Is the calculation changing fir the Ukraine? Figuring out the juice isn't worth the squeeze?

nortex97
AG
They are not able to produce even marginally believable propaganda now, are low on cannon fodder from their stock of military age males (see above about conscripting females en masse now), and there is a possibility that Biden might actually be forced to resign over all the corruption they can't keep silent on between his crime family and Russians/Ukrainians, so ending the war/making it stop is now a feasible possibility.

That's how I see it anyway.

The funniest thing about this (or only funny part) are the realizations of 'war backers' (I don't want to use a prostitution-related word) now coming to realize 'gee, maybe Biden really was in bed with Putin/Zelensky both (the wealthy oligarchs on both sides) to just use this as a mechanism to trigger huge inflation and get cannon fodder killed off while enriching themselves.' China and the BRICS are tremendously pleased, without any doubt at all.

Naturally, some slower ones out there in the media still are in abject denial/don't get it.

Minor update; Russian energy flows (including through Ukraine) into Europe could still have a huge impact once the current transit contracts expire. This is also a factor bringing the Eastern Europeans in particular to push for a negotiated end to the conflict.
Teslag
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

Is the calculation changing fir the Ukraine? Figuring out the juice isn't worth the squeeze?

Nope. Offensive is going well, several new towns taken yesterday, and military aid is still pouring in. WW3 still seconds away though I've heard however.
Teslag
AG
You finally just said F it and just linked straight to RT. Kudus for the honesty now.
YouBet
AG
Teslag said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Nope. Offensive is going well, several new towns taken yesterday, and military aid is still pouring in. WW3 still seconds away though I've heard however.

Offensive is a mixed bag according to most media reporting. Which was expected by most I think.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
I'm excited to see this horrifying sagas come to a close.

Teslag
AG
YouBet said:

Teslag said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

Offensive is a mixed bag according to most media reporting. Which was expected by most I think.

Yep, lots of probing attacks at present. Will have a much clearer picture in the next few weeks. Though some say it's purely mythological.
First Page Last Page
Page 41 of 261

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.