another balloon shot down

16,419 Views | 160 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by fka ftc
Kyle Field Shade Chaser
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This news seems HIGHLY FABRICATED as a poor attempt to get the masses back on dimentia Joe's side.
Owlagdad
LOL, decision this time was based upon Americans questioning Joe about not shooting first one down. This time he did it. Media will portray him as bad ass-- and half of america will believe it.
IslanderAg04
Old news. China already successfully sent one accross the country.
TxTarpon
Cue the pearl clutching!
Cue the "let's not make Putin/Chairman Xi/Rocketman mad so we have WWIII" crow.

If only.....
Pizza
Jack Squat 83 said:

Xi just trolling FJB at this point.

Seriously though, hope someone is keeping an eye on the back door with this party in the front. With our current Clownshow running things at most every level, an opportunity exists.

We should troll back and float a few giant Donald Trump balloons over the Han Core with GPR.
AustinCountyAg
I like how they shot it down because "it posed a threat to civilian air traffic" yet they tracked it for damn near a day before making that decision. lol
JohnLA762
AG
The current administration:

Also, can you imagine what Kamala has to contribute. It has to be so hilarious.
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
She's ecstatic. If you put two balloons next to each other, it's a bit like a Venn diagram. Stick a yellow school bus on the bottom of one of the balloons and she's in heaven.
LMCane
RoadkillBBQ said:

We're on a collision course with China. It won't be pretty. I hope this country has the intestinal fortitude to see it through.
my friend-

there is NOT A CHANCE that the United States in the 2020s will go to war with China and actually be able to win.

you are talking tens of thousands of casualties.

we couldn't handle 4000 KIA over TWELVE YEARS in Afghanistan and you think we can handle 5 times that in the span of a month now with our gender equity forces on alert?
pressitup
My bet is

aspirin factory
.........and if you wanna hear God laugh, tell him your plans.
JFABNRGR
AG
Some friends of ours have a son up there flying the F35. He is one of the go to guys, that said a balloon is way beneath him since he is one of the F16 pilots a few years back that took down some F35s (before he transitioned).

I will try to find out more this evening, I think we will be seeing them.
Bag
AG
LMCane said:

RoadkillBBQ said:

We're on a collision course with China. It won't be pretty. I hope this country has the intestinal fortitude to see it through.
my friend-

there is NOT A CHANCE that the United States in the 2020s will go to war with China and actually be able to win.

we couldn't handle 4000 KIA over TWELVE YEARS in Afghanistan and you think we can handle 5 times that in the span of a month now with our gender equity forces on alert?
apples and bananas imo

One was a war of choice, the other will be a war of no choice
Flavius Agximus
AG
JFABNRGR said:

Some friends of ours have a son up there flying the F35. He is one of the go to guys, that said a balloon is way beneath him since he is one of the F16 pilots a few years back that took down some F35s (before he transitioned).

I will try to find out more this evening, I think we will be seeing them.
Congratulations on his transition.

"The goal for all our teams at Texas A&M is to perform at a consistently high level and compete for conference and national titles."
fka ftc
Bag said:

apples and bananas imo

Oh we had a choice. But a bunch of america hatin people thought mean tweets and an America First strategy was racist and oppressive.
"The absence of the word accountability is not the same as wanting no accountability" -unknown

"You can never go wrong by staying silent if there is nothing apt to say" -Walter Isaacson
Not a Bot
AG
RoadkillBBQ
LMCane said:

RoadkillBBQ said:

my friend-

IMO we can't. Hence the intestinal fortitude comment. I'd love to be wrong.
RoadkillBBQ
Not a Bot said:

"No indication the entity is related to any nation"……….lol we just shot down ET
Stat Monitor Repairman
Some grad student somewhere is trying to figure out why they lost contact with their research balloon.
nortex97
AG
Owlagdad said:

LOL, decision this time was based upon Americans questioning Joe about not shooting first one down. This time he did it. Media will portray him as bad ass-- and half of america will believe it.
There are probably memes about him flying the F-15 that heroically took the shot, himself, over at propaganda sites like Dem Underground or CNN.
B-1 83
AG
Do the F-22 "balloon busters" get to paint a tiny balloon with a sickle and hammer under the pilot's name on the aircraft?
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
fka ftc
They had a guy picking at this in the Pentagon briefing, but why was POTUS involved in this at all.

An airborne object that has become a threat to our airspace does not / should not need POTUS to authorize. I am sure a military person could confirm, but that was what the reporter was gettin at.
"The absence of the word accountability is not the same as wanting no accountability" -unknown

"You can never go wrong by staying silent if there is nothing apt to say" -Walter Isaacson
Rockdoc
AG
RoadkillBBQ said:

Not a Bot said:

"No indication the entity is related to any nation"……….lol we just shot down ET

So we're going to war with China and Mars at the same time. I don't think Joe can handle that.
Not Coach Jimbo
Using a multi billion dollar jet, firing 400k$ missiles at a weather balloon that the Chinese probably built with slave labor for $350.

Bde
Ag_of_08
AG
The jet is what we have on station.

From what I've seen, they've tried to shoot rogue weather balloons and things down with guns in the past, all it does is poke little holes.

Ellis Wyatt
fka ftc said:

They had a guy picking at this in the Pentagon briefing, but why was POTUS involved in this at all.

An airborne object that has become a threat to our airspace does not / should not need POTUS to authorize. I am sure a military person could confirm, but that was what the reporter was gettin at.
Joe Biden is wholly owned by China. He cannot make any decisions "for" the US without Xi's approval, therefore our military can only act at the behest of Chairman Xi.
JFABNRGR
AG
Ag_of_08 said:

From what I've seen, they've tried to shoot rogue weather balloons and things down with guns in the past, all it does is poke little holes.

Poke enough lil holes and it loses enough loft to gently settle to the earth where we can recover the equipment INTACT for inspection.
BluHorseShu
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

BluHorseShu said:

txaggieacct85 said:

We need a leader with balls that will stand up to China and shoot down anything in our airspace asap
Trump didn't...Of course they apparently didn't tell him it was in our airspace. Are you saying Biden has balls? Lib!!
When was a balloon in our airspace under Trump?
Apparently a couple of time …However , the intelligence agencies failed to let him know bc the thought it was innocuous. Wasn't his fault
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Bag said:

LMCane said:

RoadkillBBQ said:

my friend-

apples and bananas imo

I disagree, there will be a choice. With our military now, they will probably ask them if they feel like fighting and if they don't, they can stay back at the barracks and watch some DEI videos.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
Raiderjay
[b][raiderjay, you need to come up to the front of the bus where I can see you in this giant mirror above my steering wheel. -Staff][/b]
one safe place
JohnLA762 said:

The current administration:

Also, can you imagine what Kamala has to contribute. It has to be so hilarious.
She would say: Today, we shot down an object. An object was shot down by us, right? Truly, shooting down an object was what we did. Today, right? It is important to shoot down an object so that you can recover and tell what it is. If you shoot the object up, then you cannot recover it and won't know what it was.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
BluHorseShu said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

BluHorseShu said:

txaggieacct85 said:

We need a leader with balls that will stand up to China and shoot down anything in our airspace asap
Trump didn't...Of course they apparently didn't tell him it was in our airspace. Are you saying Biden has balls? Lib!!
When was a balloon in our airspace under Trump?
Apparently a couple of time …However , the intelligence agencies failed to let him know bc the thought it was innocuous. Wasn't his fault

I'd still go with "allegedly" until we see much more tangible proof out of this current regime we are under.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
oldcrow91
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

Kirby said it landed on frozen water. lol

Did you forget that all the ice melted.
Now there is just frozen water.
Stat Monitor Repairman
JFABNRGR said:

Ag_of_08 said:

Poke enough lil holes and it loses enough loft to gently settle to the earth where we can recover the equipment INTACT for inspection.

Or we could blast it with a missile over 50 ft of water off cape hatteras in the winter.
91AggieLawyer
AG
JDL 96
China is pantsing us. For everyone- Americans and the world - to see.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.