another balloon shot down

16,452 Views | 160 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by fka ftc
Owlagdad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Not Coach Jimbo said:

Using a multi billion dollar jet, firing 400k$ missiles at a weather balloon that the Chinese probably built with slave labor for $350.

Bde

Hunter and Joe told China if they want to stay in the money, they should launch another ballon , so Joe could shoot it down. Thrifty Chinese grabbed a cheap one off the shelf and launched it.
Not a Bot
AG
Does not sound like it was a balloon.

Stat Monitor Repairman
Pepaw blasted the tic-tac ufo.

We in real trouble now.
atmtws
AG
Wouldn't surprise me if we launched it ourselves then shot it down in a "show of strength" to help cover up the horrible response to last week's balloon….
Not a Bot
AG
JFABNRGR said:

Ag_of_08 said:

The jet is what we have on station.

From what I've seen, they've tried to shoot rogue weather balloons and things down with guns in the past, all it does is poke little holes.

Poke enough lil holes and it loses enough loft to gently settle to the earth where we can recover the equipment INTACT for inspection.

The balloon was flying at 60k feet and above the F-22's cannon ceiling. The F-22 is the only fighter we have that can operate at that altitude. The cannon is kept behind a bay door which has a higher risk of malfunction above 50k feet or so.
aggielostinETX
AG
Glad we gave the Cuban ******* a vote.
JFABNRGR
AG
JFABNRGR said:

Some friends of ours have a son up there flying the F35. He is one of the go to guys, that said a balloon is way beneath him since he is one of the F16 pilots a few years back that took down some F35s (before he transitioned).

I will try to find out more this evening, I think we will be seeing them.

Our acquaintance was doing some training at Eglin during this incident but was the first intercept on the other balloon. of note required aerial refueling multiple times.
fullback44
AG
Some Japanese students science project gone bad .. probably testing how sticky rice survives at higher altitudes
agent-maroon
AG
atmtws said:

Wouldn't surprise me if we launched it ourselves then shot it down in a "show of strength" to help cover up the horrible response to last week's balloon….
Or Xi was throwing FJB a bone to try to win back some public approval because he still has some value by virtue of having already being bought and paid for
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Chinese spy balloons circling the globe might not be looking at the ground at all.

They might be looking for for evidence of the tic-tac ufo.
Jack Squat 83
AG
So with pee running down his leg(or leaking from Depends), our tough-talking corrupt president called the sissyboy Canadian dictator to ask what he should do. Is this correct?
Pretty sure most of you don’t know me.
RoadkillBBQ
Jack Squat 83 said:

So with pee running down his leg(or leaking from Depends), our tough-talking corrupt president called the sissyboy Canadian dictator to ask what he should do. Is this correct?
This is looking more and more like political theater.
It's a sad testament to the state of our country.
BlackLab
AG
Owlagdad
agent-maroon said:

atmtws said:

Or Xi was throwing FJB a bone to try to win back some public approval because he still has some value by virtue of having already being bought and paid for

This should be a topic in marketing class. Our government doesn't move without some sort of an angle- a marketing majors dream!
aggiedata
AG

Stat Monitor Repairman

This is some sort of massive psyop and I'm calling bs right out the gate. You ain't gonna get me with this **** pepaw. Not today brother!
fka ftc
Shooting down balloons is now a "major military operation"?

At least Putin is being honest when he uses those words.
"The absence of the word accountability is not the same as wanting no accountability" -unknown

"You can never go wrong by staying silent if there is nothing apt to say" -Walter Isaacson
agent-maroon
AG
The object was the size of a car but it had no observable surveillance equipment? Someone spent a lot of money and effort putting that thing up in the air. What the hell do they think it would be if it wasn't gathering data directly or measuring our response?

Stanley Marsh is dead so it's not performance art...
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Stat Monitor Repairman
This thing was allegedly shot down near Deadhorse, AK. Thats high north up near Prudhoe Bay. Thats about as middle of nowhere as you can get. Above the arctic circle. Port is iced over until spring. Seems like they are talking about doing some sort of salvage operation in the arctic ocean.
Stat Monitor Repairman
The wreckage of whatever this was could be sitting out on the ice in US territorial waters. If they don't find it before spring it will sink to the ocean floor. I'd imagine other nation states will have an interest in whatever it is.

Who has the largest most modern icebreaking fleeting in the world? That would be Russia.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Can't wait for the most transparent administration in history to lay this out for the public to look at.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
Rockdoc
AG
Have they found the downed wreckage on the ice or not. The pilot that took it down should have an exact lat and long as to where it landed on the ice. These guys are trained for this.
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
MagnumLoad
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

The wreckage of whatever this was could be sitting out on the ice in US territorial waters. If they don't find it before spring it will sink to the ocean floor. I'd imagine other nation states will have an interest in whatever it is.

Who has the largest most modern icebreaking fleeting in the world? That would be Russia.
Dog sled for the win.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Rockdoc said:

Have they found the downed wreckage on the ice or not. The pilot that took it down should have an exact lat and long as to where it landed on the ice. These guys are trained for this.
I'm imagining some grunts from Wainwright trudging around on the sea ice in mickey mouse boots, and also mad because they bout to miss the super bowl.
Stat Monitor Repairman

spy balloon 2: pepaw's boogaloo
Houstonag
AG
It is incredible the incompetence of our military leadership. Using all this fire power to shoot down a ballon the size of VW is an over kill. Just put a 20 to 30 mm cannon into the ballon and it will float down slowly and they can watch the landing location.

Our military leadership today is so incompetent it is causing a concern. We are not prepared with the quantity and technology.

I hate this statement about not shooting down the first large ballon in deep water. Again. Put a few bullet holes in it and it will float down over land and it the decent can easily be watched.
fka ftc
Don't forget POTUS had to be consulted and give the order for this. My understanding is that is unusual.
"The absence of the word accountability is not the same as wanting no accountability" -unknown

"You can never go wrong by staying silent if there is nothing apt to say" -Walter Isaacson
TRADUCTOR
Nation is now a carnival with FJB balloon popping carney.
agent-maroon
AG
Yep. Just a sideshow to keep Hunter out of prison and spilling his guts on the family criminal empire
redsquirrelAG
AG
These aren't balloons. They are drones. Wake up. They don't need to do this. Test runs for emps. Y'all lap up whatever the msm tells y'all.
LMCane
Bag said:

LMCane said:

RoadkillBBQ said:

We're on a collision course with China. It won't be pretty. I hope this country has the intestinal fortitude to see it through.
my friend-

there is NOT A CHANCE that the United States in the 2020s will go to war with China and actually be able to win.

you are talking tens of thousands of casualties.

we couldn't handle 4000 KIA over TWELVE YEARS in Afghanistan and you think we can handle 5 times that in the span of a month now with our gender equity forces on alert?
apples and bananas imo

One was a war of choice, the other will be a war of no choice

LOL Afghanistan was a "war of choice"?!?!

and going to war against China there is no choice?

you have got to be joking
LMCane
redsquirrelAG said:

These aren't balloons. They are drones. Wake up. They don't need to do this. Test runs for emps. Y'all lap up whatever the msm tells y'all.
we take a few EMPs this country is finished

how will all the millenials survive without Instagram?!?!
Stat Monitor Repairman
1 EMP and our goose is cooked.

It would be mass hysteria.

End of ghostbusters territory.

People would be going nuts. We'd be forced into martial law. It would be chaos.
fka ftc
redsquirrelAG said:

EMPs are going to need more lift than drones. Balloons may or may not work due to weight and height limitations.

EMP best delivered by rocket. Lil's Kim getting one on a container ship leaving from SK is not at all that out of reach.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.