another balloon shot down

16,434 Views | 160 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by fka ftc
Fenrir
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Which is why I suspect they will never admit to recovering these last targets.
Orbital Debris
AG
Houstonag said:

It is incredible the incompetence of our military leadership. Using all this fire power to shoot down a ballon the size of VW is an over kill. Just put a 20 to 30 mm cannon into the ballon and it will float down slowly and they can watch the landing location.

Our military leadership today is so incompetent it is causing a concern. We are not prepared with the quantity and technology.

I hate this statement about not shooting down the first large ballon in deep water. Again. Put a few bullet holes in it and it will float down over land and it the decent can easily be watched.
This type of balloon does not rupture like a latex balloon. The bullets pass through easily, and simply leave relatively small holes with the envelope intact, and it descends slowly. There was a case where F-18s peppered a balloon off the east coast of Canada, and it did not fully come down until Norway.

I work with a lot of amateur high altitude balloonists, and everyone is avoiding what we call pico balloons since they are bundled mylar which has a radar cross section. Amateur radio high altitude balloon organizations do this all the time with tiny 100 gram payloads that go around the world.

It it be interesting next time we fly our latex balloons, but we file FAA flight plans for all our stuff.
Www.eoss.org
Iowaggie
AG
TexAg1987

Stat Monitor Repairman
The spy balloon and and the three incidents that followed have softened the public to the idea of fighter jets engaging targets and firing missiles at aircraft over the United States.

Shot down aircraft in Alaska, Canada and now Lake Huron.

Is there precedent for this in the modern era?

When, if ever, have air-to-air missiles been fired over the US territory in a real world situation?
Jack Squat 83
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

The spy balloon and and the three incidents that followed have softened the public to the idea of fighter jets engaging targets and firing missiles at aircraft over the United States.

Shot down aircraft in Alaska, Canada and now Lake Huron.

Is there precedent for this in the modern era?

When, if ever, have air-to-air missiles been fired over the US territory in a real world situation?
Never? Biden hasn't been President before.
Pretty sure most of you don’t know me.
Stat Monitor Repairman
It may be the case that incidents 2 - 4 were some sort of real world exercise.

You had opfor people flying some sort of drones around to test Norad's radar and to test a real world response.

They've shot these things down over remote areas of the continent. Alaska, Montana, Yukon Territory and Lake Huron. If all this was going down over a populated area, that would be different. But that's not what we have here.

The way all this is being handled suggests it's some sort of exercise. Thats just my gut feeling having watched all this go down.
VaultingChemist
AG
You can construct a balloon for $10k and launch it so it will fly over the U.S. A missile to shoot it down is going to cost a lot more than that.
Stat Monitor Repairman
But who knows? Anything is possible.
TexAg1987
TexAg1987 said:

https://fb.watch/iHkIFhqRu9/
Gigem314
AG
Iowaggie said:

TexAg1987
Gigem314 said:

Iowaggie said:

That explains it. SF was stockpiling weapons!
Stat Monitor Repairman

we back or nah?
Gigem314
AG
Looks like someone's science project just got taken to the train station in Montana.
TheCurl84
AG
I think that's a tapeworm. Yep, pretty sure
fka ftc
TheCurl84 said:

I think that's a tapeworm. Yep, pretty sure

Pretty sure that's the Sec of Trans pet gerbil hitting the Armageddon button and being jettisoned. Just sayin…
"The absence of the word accountability is not the same as wanting no accountability" -unknown

"You can never go wrong by staying silent if there is nothing apt to say" -Walter Isaacson
Stat Monitor Repairman

fka ftc
Man, they are not even trying any more.

In the midst of a weekend trip to Philly. Talk about a tale of haves and have nots.

It's quite obvious that left elitists are way more focused on remodeling their rowing clubhouses than they are dealing with rampant crime, homelessness and preserving the birthplace of a nation.

The gaslighting, lying and voter fraud is destroying out nation. Was quite irony to hear our lib tour guide talk to me about how awesome our Founding Father's were in standing on principle and that it wasn't about tax on tea but about the idea that a government could control aspects of society they were never given the authority to control.

Then remind us that masks are encouraged and to get the vaccine.

Sure buddy.
"The absence of the word accountability is not the same as wanting no accountability" -unknown

"You can never go wrong by staying silent if there is nothing apt to say" -Walter Isaacson
one safe place
Had to appear they were looking for debris. But cannot afford to recover anything and have to admit we shot down our own stuff trying to appear tough and cover for letting China cross most of the country with their spy balloon. Bring back the guillotine.
Stat Monitor Repairman

20-years after 9-11 and we securing skies.

Great job all. Keep up the good work.
fka ftc
Kelly wants balloons to have transponders. Full compliance should be easy. Make sure they are tamper proof and cannot be turned off like ones on passenger airlines.

Kelly probably has a transponders for balloons business with the devices made in China. I understand there is also a push for the Balloon Hunter program, which uses hot crack pipes and hookers with pointy nips to take out balloons. Plus 10% for the Big Guy.

Biden and dems are so laughingly clueless or terrifyingly complicit.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.