Don't Ban Gas-stoves

14,332 Views | 259 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TChaney
Teslag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
GAC06 said:

From the article, which mentions using gas as well by the top chefs:

"As a result, induction hobs are seen as a useful and accessible piece of kit for the ambitious chef with limited money and space."

Well if you're poor and have no space those sound like advantages. Like I said, keep googling, maybe I'll check back. But do better this time than a theme restaurant and a "currently closed" wine bar without space for a real kitchen.

Keep moving the goalposts. What are the advantages of gas?
Rockdoc
AG
Gas is better. Always has been. Always will be.
IslanderAg04
Teslag said:

What advantage does gas have over induction?

For one, reliability and serviceability.
Teslag
AG
Those are fair. But could be solved with wider adoption. What about actually cooking?
TheEternalPessimist
AggieCo2023 said:

https://thehill.com/changing-america/sustainability/energy/3806848-federal-agency-considering-ban-on-gas-stoves-report/amp/

I want to come out against this measure. While I and many of my left leaning friends have switched to clean electric stove tops years ago, if the freedom lovers want to continue breathing in carcinogenic and asthma causing poison with their families to own us libs the government should not stop them.
I mean... this is such a nice token you are offering.

...... but we are STILL going to end Abortion and the other evils the Left has pushed on this nation -- one way or another. So don't think this will satiate our desire to see your agenda thoroughly crushed.

Smudge
AG
Teslag said:

GAC06 said:

From the article, which mentions using gas as well by the top chefs:

"As a result, induction hobs are seen as a useful and accessible piece of kit for the ambitious chef with limited money and space."

Well if you're poor and have no space those sound like advantages. Like I said, keep googling, maybe I'll check back. But do better this time than a theme restaurant and a "currently closed" wine bar without space for a real kitchen.

Keep moving the goalposts. What are the advantages of gas?

Quit posting useless *****

And just Google it. In about a minute I read through a bunch of advantages of gas. Super easy to do. This is a weird hill to die on.
Class of '00
Gig 'em!
Rockdoc
AG
I take it you're not familiar with that poster?
Smudge
AG
Teslag said:

Those are fair. But could be solved with wider adoption. What about actually cooking?

And, you're just distracting…. Who ****ing cares what is better for cooking?? Why ban gas stoves? You seem to love your induction stove. Great! Now I forbid you to use it. Banned!

It's ****ing crazy. So are you.
Class of '00
Gig 'em!
Smudge
AG
Rockdoc said:

I take it you're not familiar with that poster?

I am now… whoa
Class of '00
Gig 'em!
Teslag
AG
Smudge said:

Teslag said:

And, you're just distracting…. Who ****ing cares what is better for cooking?? Why ban gas stoves? You seem to love your induction stove. Great! Now I forbid you to use it. Banned!

It's ****ing crazy. So are you.

More dodging.
Psycho Bunny
pressitup said:

Psycho Bunny said:

AggieCo2023 said:

https://thehill.com/changing-america/sustainability/energy/3806848-federal-agency-considering-ban-on-gas-stoves-report/amp/

I want to come out against this measure. While I and many of my left leaning friends have switched to clean electric stove tops years ago, if the freedom lovers want to continue breathing in carcinogenic and asthma causing poison with their families to own us libs the government should not stop them.
Clean electric stove tops? Really! You do know, that there is no such thing as clean electric.

You want "clean" cook your food on an open fire, from a tree you cut down with an ax.

burning wood causes a rise in CO2

D@mnit Bobby...

Stupid CO2.

Guess I'll eat my frozen dinner frozen.
Sea Speed
AG
Teslag said:

Electric blows for cooking, but that is personal preference. Electric is much harder to dial in certain Temps imo, and when you get it too hot it doesn't cool down quickly unlike gas which is near instantaneous.

Psycho Bunny
Sea Speed said:

Teslag said:

Electric blows for cooking, but that is personal preference. Electric is much harder to dial in certain Temps imo, and when you get it too hot it doesn't cool down quickly unlike gas which is near instantaneous.

This is true. My electric oven cooks 10 degrees hotter than what is show on the temp dial. Hence... if it reads 350 its really 360. It's a good oven, I've just had to learn to adjust my cooking.
Manhattan
I have a gas oven and it sucks, the cycle is too long so the temperature swings too much.
TheMasterplan
Induction works fine but that's besides the point. If people want to use gas, use gas. If not, don't.

This is a solution nobody's asked for. Just creating a problem that isn't there.
Teslag
AG
Sea Speed said:

Teslag said:

That's true for traditional electric, not induction. Induction is instantaneous like gas. It can also be dialed in to the degree. It's clear you have no idea what induction electric even is.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
pressitup said:

Psycho Bunny said:

AggieCo2023 said:

Clean electric stove tops? Really! You do know, that there is no such thing as clean electric.

You want "clean" cook your food on an open fire, from a tree you cut down with an ax.

No it doesn't. Burning wood releases carbon that was only moments ago atmospheric carbon. Zero net effect. Zero.

This is hugely different than burning sequestered carbon that has been underground for a hundred million years.

Burning wood is as green as solar energy: instantly (in geologic timescale) turning solar energy into useable energy.

Urban Ag
AG
We like our gas range, oven, and water heaters. But that's small beans. The real purpose is to heat the pool and sauna. Priorities people.

VitruvianAg
AG
pressitup said:

Psycho Bunny said:

AggieCo2023 said:

Which causes more wood!
Sea Speed
AG
Used it at an air bnb and didn't like it, but most of my experience is on standard. Electric blows i don't care if induction or standard electric. Also if inwant to cook with gas i will cook with gas and the government can kiss my ass. Is there anything you talk about that you're not annoying as hell about?

Eta now that I axtuslly think about it, my sister has one too. Both of them are pieces of garbage.
Urban Ag
AG
How about, "we just like cooking with gas"? It's more fun. It smells great. It sounds great. It feels like cooking.

Libs just suck all the fun out of literally everything in life. Unless you're in to drag queens, and drugs that make HIV undetectable, crap entertainment, and abortions, I guess.
Eso si, Que es
Gas stoves were invented in the early 1800's. If people were dying from the fumes at an alarming rate, pretty sure we would have heard about it by now.

…And they call us the conspiracy theorists
Urban Ag
AG
AggieCo2023 said:

I love this post.

Mocks people that "love freedom".

Is happy that we and our families will get sick and die (we won't but hey who am I to interrupt the leftist mental masturbation?).

I honestly prefer these days where the commies don't hide who they are anymore.
Get Off My Lawn
Teslag said:

Sea Speed said:

Teslag said:

That's true for traditional electric, not induction. Induction is instantaneous like gas. It can also be dialed in to the degree. It's clear you have no idea what induction electric even is.
Whos moving goal posts now? Induction limits your cookware. Glass cooktops break. Basic thermodynamics say laundering heat energy through electricity is less efficient than using it directly. Excess natural gas production makes it cheap here. You can roast/toast with open flame in a way you can't without. Optionality / redundancy.

Electricity is great - but you're just being a ***** when badgering others to justify having preferences that don't mirror yours.
Urban Ag
AG
Cooking bacon and eggs on the gas range for my wife and kids in the morning is pure joy. Not gonna lie. It's the good stuff in life. Sounds and smells like Texas/'Murica.
Señor Chang
AG

zagman
AG
Manhattan said:

Nomenclature said:

Point 1: you're excluding yourself from label "Freedom lover."
I do not love people having the freedom to inflict harm on their children...
Weird from someone who supports killing children.

Abortion Law Confusion Leads to Sepsis for Texas Woman
Mothers against Greg Abbott abortion ad - Page 4 | TexAgs
Full Speed Ahead - Fire At Will - Gig'em

"I have never enjoyed any position more than being president of Texas A&M University." Robert Gates 11/08/06
Psycho Bunny
Amazing Moves
AggieCo2023 said:

What? So do you not love freedom? Taking things for granted per usual.
aggiebird02
Cooking food is for racist white republicans. If you actually cared about the Earth than you'd eat nothing but raw vegetables and fruit from farms with No livestock and electricity…
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Manhattan said:

I am against it, but if the "13% of childhood asthma is caused by gas stoves" is true then maybe we should look into it.

Why? It's a personal choice. Let the parents decide what's best for their kids
houag80
AG
Name one steakhouse. Quick....search the Google.
houag80
AG
H2 will kill the Euros first. Always nice to use them as the Guinea pigs.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
agent-maroon
AG
AggieCo2023 said:

Methane combusts to form water and CO2. Which one is the asthma trigger?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.