is this a good shoot?

11,105 Views | 129 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Ogre09
Tom Doniphon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dead men tell no tales.
TAMU1990
AG
This is in a sketchy part of town - that guy has done that before but I don't care. It's a play stupid games, win stupid prizes moment.
BMX Bandit
TAMU1990 said:

This is in a sketchy part of town - .

That strip mall has all you need though!

Taqueria
Check cashing
Nail salon
Auto title
Tattoos
Pawn shop
Nanomachines son
aggietony2010 said:

Full video, with audio.

He might have some legal issues with his very last shot. He puts a final bullet in the perp after securing the fake firearm. All the others are easily justified legally.

The way he backs away though clearly indicates he views the guy as a threat. There is no guarantee the guy didn't have another weapon on him. In the video you can tell it was a reaction to the guy moving as in a near automatic response. He backs away immediately after that shot without turning his back.

Of course I imagine in any case the jury will be stacked against him and he'll go to prison for murder since this was Harris county.
Who?mikejones!
Eliminatus said:

aggietony2010 said:

Full video, with audio.

He might have some legal issues with his very last shot. He puts a final bullet in the perp after securing the fake firearm. All the others are easily justified legally.

Oof. Yeah. Still 100% on his side but this is absolutely going to get sticky with his defense with the full video. Shoot to stop versus shoot to kill still applies here in Texas. No matter how much we may disagree with it.

A little more sketch than the news clip but still 100% good shoot.

InfantryAg
AG
BMX Bandit said:

TAMU1990 said:

Taqueria
Check cashing
Nail salon
Auto title
Tattoos
Pawn shop
liquor store???
eric76
AG
Sid Farkas said:

The Good Samaritan "dragged" the suspect after he shot him then redistributed the stolen money back to the customers.

Indeed a righteous kill, but what kind of a person doesn't render aid to the suspect he just shot?
Perhaps, most of us?
eric76
AG
Bondag said:

Guy wasn't leaving. He had a gun pointed at someone.

Fake gun or not it is a good kill. Can I volunteer for Jury Duty?
Not in Texas.

My next to the oldest brother tried that once when he had some free time, but was turned away.

However, if not enough jurors show up, the judge can send the police out to round up more jurors. So when they are getting ready to pick the jury, make sure your id shows that you live in the jurisdiction and sit on a park bench outside the courthouse in case they are looking for more jurors.
bcasey03
AG
What kind of aid are you imagining?

Sid Farkas said:

The Good Samaritan "dragged" the suspect after he shot him then redistributed the stolen money back to the customers.

Indeed a righteous kill, but what kind of a person doesn't render aid to the suspect he just shot?
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
fire09 said:

What idiot robs a barrio taco store with an air soft gun.

A dead one I guess.
Yeah, that's not a part of town where I would screw around with strangers (not that I would anywhere, but....)

The expression on the shooter's friend's face is just "here we go again." Probably did have his reasons for leaving before the police arrived.
BMX Bandit
Quote:

Yeah, that's not a part of town where I would screw around with strangers

In that area, because they may know karate
jokershady
AG
Tom Doniphon said:

That dude looks like the type that lives in an RV park with no running water and uses an alias.
they're currently looking for a Rusty Shackelford….
jokershady
AG
eric76 said:

Sid Farkas said:

Perhaps, most of us?
yup. A person pulls a gun on me and others and threatens to kill….someone puts him down I'm not hanging around to help that idiot…..

I will give the shooter a high five and a hand shake though….perhaps pay for his meal or whatever as well…..
Ol Rock
AG
Sid Farkas said:

What are you taking about? This loser just robbed a half dozen people and threatened their lives with a [fake] gun and earned his reward. Afterb making sure he was no longer a threat the gentleman probably pulled this degenerate away from the door so people could leave.

I'm sure someone called 911 so authorities were alerted and could do their job.

What kind of aid are you imagining? He already helped him meet Jesus.
FIDO*98*
AG
Sid Farkas said:

The kind that understands the world is a better place without an armed robber getting a second chance to do it again
TRADUCTOR
So much wrong having to dispatch a criminal while eating tacos in America.
Burdizzo
AG
TxTarpon said:

He fled the scene.
Police want to question him.

I hope HPD does better police work than this. Assuming the cab and front clip are original, this is a 1973-74 Ford F350.

Jugstore Cowboy
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

Yeah, that's not a part of town where I would screw around with strangers

In that area, because they may know karate
That's right by Sharpstown. I believe Taquerias still outnumber most other dining options between Chimney Rock and the Beltway. I went to a concert at the Arena Theater this past Spring, for the first time in a loooonnnng time, and realized our pre-concert food would be a choice between Mexican and drive-thru.
torrid
AG
BMX Bandit said:

TAMU1990 said:

Taqueria
Check cashing
Nail salon
Auto title
Tattoos
Pawn shop
No CBD/vape shop?
Not a Bot
AG
The last few shots are problematic from a legal defense standpoint, looking only at the legal merits of the elements of use of deadly force.

From what I understand, you can use deadly force up until the time the force is no longer necessary to protect yourself or others. Once the threat is gone, your use of force is no longer justified. The last few shots did not look necessary to me to protect others. The threat had already been eliminated. Making the decision to fire those last few shots may be the difference between this being completely justifiable and no charges (assuming he was lawfully carrying) to being charged and convicted of murder.
BMX Bandit
It does have one!
BMX Bandit
I know exactly where it is. Have seen the strip mall many many times. It's right on the edge of Chinatown. Street signs even in Chinese on that block

And I believe Taquerias still outnumber most other dining options between any two spots in Houston
itsyourboypookie
Private PoopyPants said:

The last few shots are problematic from a legal defense standpoint, looking only at the legal merits of the elements of use of deadly force.

From what I understand, you can use deadly force up until the time the force is no longer necessary to protect yourself or others. Once the threat is gone, your use of force is no longer justified. The last few shots did not look necessary to me to protect others. The threat had already been eliminated. Making the decision to fire those last few shots may be the difference between this being completely justifiable and no charges (assuming he was lawfully carrying) to being charged and convicted of murder.

Lawful carry is a separate charge. You always have the right to self defense.
Burnsey
AG
What a good shot man
Bubblez
The last shots, especially to the head was completely unjustified as there was no reasonable threat at that time. The shooter. should be prosecuted..
fire09
AG
Bubblez said:

The last shots, especially to the head was completely unjustified as there was no reasonable threat at that time. The shooter. should be prosecuted..

Why were the last shots unjustified? Do you know the threat was neutralized solely from that security footage?
Bubblez
fire09 said:

Bubblez said:

Why were the last shots unjustified? Do you know the threat was neutralized solely from that security footage?

Absolutely the video showed no reasonable threat at that point in time for the execution style shot to the head just as it showed the treat was reasonable for the first shot
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
bcasey03 said:

What kind of aid are you imagining?

Sid Farkas said:

What aid would you provide that the average person would require?

Due to the majority of wounds being in the thoracic cavity, that person would require chest seals, needle decompression, chest tubes, two IV's etc.

The average person does not have the skill set to provide aid.

Furthermore, one has to keep in mind that there could be more than person involved which is why he should of reloaded a fresh magazine and scanned for additional threats.
FIDO*98*
AG
Can you prove he was even alive at that point? Looked pretty dead to me from the justifiable shots.

Are you going with reckless discharge or desecration of a corpse?
Who?mikejones!
Bubblez said:

Get outta here Keith.

The shooter should get a medal.
fire09
AG
I disagree. But it will be for the jury to decide, not you or I.
Bubblez
FIDO*98* said:

Can you prove he was even alive at that point? Looked pretty dead to me from the justifiable shots.

Well, a doctor or any other medical professional has not declared him dead at that point. It probably can be terminated that the initial shots would end up being fatal, but the guy still could be alive at the point of the unjustified head shot
PeekingDuck
AG
Looks great, they should give him some free tacos.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Bubblez said:

FIDO*98* said:

Well, a doctor or any other medical professional has not declared him dead at that point. It probably can be terminated that the initial shots would end up being fatal, but the guy still could be alive at the point of the unjustified head shot

The statements you make on this thread are laughable. You speak with authority on topics without any demonstrated knowledge.

If you are going to say the head shot is unjustified, you should provide some type of evidence supporting statement.

What is with the mentality that criminals should be a protected class?
dude95
AG
First 5 shots are with the perp standing or falling. No doubts. 3 shots while on ground still to me are legally and morally just. It's that last shot to the head after kicking gun away that will be called into question. Probably still won't be prosecuted and he was probably shooting a corpse at that point, but that's just execution style at that point.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not crying over the criminal and if you are going to shoot someone, go ahead and shoot to kill. Just walking over and putting an extra bullet in the back of the head after 8 shots doesn't really feel like self defense.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.