is this a good shoot?

11,107 Views | 129 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Ogre09
Big Al 1992
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Robber comes in pointing what turns out to be toy gun at customers, turns his back and customer shoots him in the back dead. Perfect case of stupid games/stupid prizes but will hero get charged or is this legit?

https://www.khou.com/article/news/crime/taqueria-robbery-shooting-houston/285-5dceec19-9c07-444c-b211-4c584738e0fa
V8Aggie
AG
No bueno if shot in the back leaving. If his back was turned but pointing gun at others then yes good shoot.

Either way if I'm on the jury he's getting a standing ovation from me.
Who?mikejones!
Hell yeah, that's a good shoot.

Toy gun is irrelevant to me.
Who?mikejones!
He wasn't shot leaving. It was in the middle of the store. This customer should be given the key to the city
CanyonAg77
AG
In a sane world, not charged.

The headline says he was "leaving", and if the guy was really fleeing, I'd have been hesitant to shoot. But the video I see shows him circling the restaurant several times, so it wasn't clear he was done with his nonsense.
Tom Doniphon
100% good in my book... FAFO

Legal? I have no idea... "legal" and "right" ain't the same.
wbt5845
AG
Ignore my post - I didn't see this one.

Yes, I think. He is pointing the "gun" at another customer when he is shot.

AggDawg
AG
Shooting was justified... but. ... Why did the guy leave? Should have waited for the police.
wbt5845
AG
AggDawg said:

Shooting was justified... but. ... Why did the guy leave? Should have waited for the police.
Might have had his reasons.
Big Al 1992
AG
Tom Doniphon said:

100% good in my book... FAFO

Legal? I have no idea... "legal" and "right" ain't the same.

User name checks out! (One of my favorite movies)
1872walker
AggDawg said:

It happened in Democrat-controlled Harris County. I'm sure he's concerned about a one-sided justice system.
FJB
AG
Robber's soul was fleeing his body after being shot too.
CanyonAg77
AG
The expression on the face of the guy at the same booth as the shooter....
KDubAg
AG
Good shoot to me. There's a customer in the top left of the video with his hands up still that the suspect still has a good line on as he was shot in the back.

AgOutsideAustin
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

The expression on the face of the guy at the same booth as the shooter....

He's like well breakfast is over !!
fixer
Good shoot.
TheHulkster
AG
A reasonable person would believe that the toy gun was a real gun and people were in actual danger. I think it's a good shot, but if the DA gets a wild hair and it goes to trial, you just never know.
fire09
AG
Good shoot. Harris County DA will want her pound of flesh, so it will be an expensive one.

This is how you discourage crime. What idiot robs a barrio taco store with an air soft gun.

A dead one I guess.
fullback44
AG
Well that didn't go over so well for the robber …
Rocky Rider
AG
No reason to feel certain the gunman/robber was leaving the store. He could have wheeled around and started shooting. The guy was justified in taking him out.
...the Big 12 is now viewed as the fifth of the big BCS leagues by many recruits. (Rivals.com national recruiting analyst Mike Farrell; August 2013)

Already the weakest of the “Power Five” conferences, the league (Big 12) is hemorrhaging fans, wins, TV ratings and respect. (SA Express R. Bragg; Oct 12, 2016)
BadMoonRisin
AG
Even my 4 year old daughter knows "swiper don't swipe".

This ******ed ****ed around and found out.
bam02
AG
Good shoot. From what you can see before they cut the video he was definitely not leaving the store. Or if he was there was no way to know. I would have 100% still felt like my life was in grave danger when he pulled that trigger.

Rot in hell.
bam02
AG
I really hope to hear the outcome of this (and of course hope it's that the shooter isn't charged or at least no billed!).
torrid
AG
wbt5845 said:

Ignore my post - I didn't see this one.

Yes, I think. He is pointing the "gun" at another customer when he is shot.

Wow. If robbing a restaurant, you can't point a gun at everyone at the same time. And someone there is bound to be armed.
BlackLab
AG
Was this guys BAMF wallet in a trash bag next to the perp?
BadMoonRisin
AG
He also looks to be aiming the weapon in the direction of the gentlemen in the corner with his hands raised...or that's what it looks like from the still. Cant tell without the rest of the footage.

Also, the fact that they even mention "he didnt even have a REAL gun!". What a lame excuse. The people didnt know that.

Same vibe as "it was just a prank, bro".
1872walker
The fact that there's even a discussion on whether or not this shooting is justified is troubling. It's incomprehensible that we are at a point where someone taking action to defend life and property from evil is not immediately celebrated shows what a clown show our justice system has become in major cities.
Tea Party
When seconds matter, police are minutes away.

Great shoot.
Learn about the Texas Nationalist Movement
https://tnm.me
fightingfarmer09
(D)epends.
BaitShack
AG
Charles Bronson says yes.
P.U.T.U
AG
Dude took forever to draw his gun, looks like he was pocket carrying which is not ideal at all
BMX Bandit

Quote:

(a) A person is justified in using deadly force against another:
(1) if the actor would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.31; and
9.31 allows use of force if shooter (1) knew or had reason to believe that the person against whom the force was usedC) was committing or attempting to commit aggravated kidnapping, murder, sexual assault, aggravated sexual assault, robbery, or aggravated robbery;

check.
Quote:

(2) when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:
(A) to protect the actor against the other's use or attempted use of unlawful deadly force; or
(B) to prevent the other's imminent commission of aggravated kidnapping, murder, sexual assault, aggravated sexual assault, robbery, or aggravated robbery.
check

Quote:

(b) The actor's belief under Subsection (a)(2) that the deadly force was immediately necessary as described by that subdivision is presumed to be reasonable if the actor:
(1) knew or had reason to believe that the person against whom the deadly force was used:

(C) was committing or attempting to commit an offense described by Subsection (a)(2)(B);
check

Quote:

(2) did not provoke the person against whom the force was used; and

(3) was not otherwise engaged in criminal activity, other than a Class C misdemeanor that is a violation of a law or ordinance regulating traffic at the time the force was used.
check

so not only a good shoot, but presumed to be a justified shooting under the law
MemphisAg1
AG
Watch the video. It all happens so fast. Shooter is visibly fearful of the perp. Waits for opportunity to engage and takes it. Good shoot.

If perp didn't want to die, he shouldn't have pulled a gun on law abiding citizens. Simple as that
Cowboy Curtis
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

He also looks to be aiming the weapon in the direction of the gentlemen in the corner with his hands raised...or that's what it looks like from the still. Cant tell without the rest of the footage.

Also, the fact that they even mention "he didnt even have a REAL gun!". What a lame excuse. The people didnt know that.

Same vibe as "it was just a prank, bro".

Someone at KHOU wanted the bad guys gun blurred out, but not the good guys gun.
IndividualFreedom
"I heard him say he was going to kill me and I feared for my life"
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.