$12.3 billion more to Ukraine from our great senate

10,214 Views | 237 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Zobel
Eliminatus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Betoisafurry said:

The infatuation with destroying Russia is really weird. They're a 3rd rate super power half the world away. Who gives a *****

We know NOW that Russia is a third rate super power. Took our aid and Ukrainian blood and resistance to find that out. Just that factoid was worth the cost of admission. Call it a fact finding mission that needed to be funded if that makes you feel better.
Yukon Cornelius
AG
Why didn't Europe fund it then? We are just suckers and all the excuses are cope

And think of this. Is there any accountability for everyone who said Russia was a threat for the last 30 years?
Eliminatus
AG
Yukon Cornelius said:

Why didn't Europe fund it then? We are just suckers and all the excuses are cope

Beats me. Ask them.

And I don't think so. It's nice being on this side of a proxy war. Bonus points for it being against Russia.

I know most refuse to believe it but it is worth it. The benefits are tremendous and multifaceted for us. I gave up listing them though. No one is changing their mind at this point and I simply don't care to try.
Yukon Cornelius
AG
And now that we know they are a paper tiger will we decrease spending defending Europe against Russia threats? I bet we don't.

We are getting scammed and you are falling for it.

Ask them? Good oneā€¦ why is it America is more concerned with Europe than Europe? Take a hint.
Jbob04
AG
If you Ukraine fanboys say that Ukraine is winning and Russia is losing, why has Russia seized control of parts of the country and is continuing to advance further into the country?
Eliminatus
AG
Yukon Cornelius said:

And now that we know they are a paper tiger will we decrease spending defendinf eueopw against Russia threats? I bet we don't.

We are getting scammed and you are falling for it.

Someone is getting scammed somewhere for sure. That's just how gubment works. Ask the Romans. Government bloat is a beech.

But on the whole, we absolutely we shift priorities around. That's a given. Whether that changes absolute cost, I have no idea. I can see it going both ways. And I may be falling for it. But at least my thoughts and deductions come from my experience in government, study of history, and current events NOT from MSM with their inevitable bias and spin.

Sorry if that upsets you. And to be clear, I promise I do not care if you disagree. I just like to see disagreements come from informed positions. And this whole thread shows how shockingly ignorant people are of how foreign aid works. ANY aid.
No Spin Ag
I've begun to wonder if Putin's supporters, or those who are fiscally objecting to what we're doing to Putin via our support for Ukraine, would feel the same way if their guy was in the White House while this was happening.

Between the "10% for the big guy" and other comments that only started becoming the norm for a certain very small segment of the population in the past couple of years, it makes one wonder.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Jbob04
AG
I don't care who is in the White House, I don't agree with what we are doing to aid Ukraine.
Eliminatus
AG
Jbob04 said:

If you Ukraine fanboys say that Ukraine is winning and Russia is losing, why has Russia seized control of parts of the country and is continuing to advance further into the country?

CHECKMATE ATHEISTS!!

When did you stop beating your wife?

Sorry if Russia objectively losing right now makes you mad. Actually, no I'm not. I hope it keeps you up at night.
Engine10
AG
Ahhhh **** that's gonna be a no from me dog
No Spin Ag
Jbob04 said:

I don't care who is in the White House, I don't agree with what we are doing to aid Ukraine.

Then much respect for you. Seriously. Because I'm sure the same can't be said of so many others.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Jbob04
AG
I'm not mad at all, Russia is winning and will continue to win. **** Zelensky
Zobel
AG
Eliminatus
AG
Jbob04 said:

I know we give grief to others for being Putin bootlickers but it is sobering to actually TRULY see one on TA. Just as absurd to me as that Holocaust denier we had a few years ago.
Jbob04
AG
I don't like Russia either but they aren't the boogeyman that is out to get us. Our country is burning down and we are sending billions and billions to Ukraine, all for nothing.
TriAg2010
AG
Jbob04 said:

I don't like Russia either but they aren't the boogeyman that is out to get us. Our country is burning down and we are sending billions and billions to Ukraine, all for nothing.

Obliterating Russia's military capability while putting none of our people in harms way is not nothing. Military aide to Ukraine is the best return on investment of any defense dollars we will ever spend.
tremble
AG
Sorry your boy is losing.
TexAgs91
AG
> $12.3 billion more to Ukraine from our great senate

Not possible. We can't afford that.
I identify as Ultra-MAGA
TexAgs91
AG
Silian Rail said:

lobopride said:

Destroying Russia allows us to focus on China which is much more of an actual threat. Blood is being spilled to destroy Russia and it's not American blood. This war is a 100 times better investment than either Afghanistan or Iraq were.

In what world is Russia ever a threat to us? You guys are laughing at how Ukraine is beating the **** out of Russia with our c-team equipment, while at the same time saying we need to take them out so they're not a threat to us?
With Joe as president* anyone can be a threat to us
I identify as Ultra-MAGA
Yukon Cornelius
AG
TriAg2010 said:

Jbob04 said:

Obliterating Russia's military capability while putting none of our people in harms way is not nothing. Military aide to Ukraine is the best return on investment of any defense dollars we will ever spend.

Ok but why do we have to pay? Why is it always America? Europe was making deals with Russia while we spent money on Europe's defense.

Good Russia is losing military gear. Bad the US is paying for it.

You have England, France, Germany etc etc. tons of wealth that can provide the monetary assistance.

Look at our border! We are being invaded and we are distracted by Ukraine. It's so sad and breaks my heart. This once great country is being pillaged before our very eyes but it's "worth it" because some military equipment by Russia is getting destroyed somewhere in Eastern Europe.
GAC06
AG
Would things be different at the border if we ignored Ukraine? No? It would be exactly the same? So why is this nonsense brought up repeatedly?
Yukon Cornelius
AG
GAC06 said:

Would things be different at the border if we ignored Ukraine? No? It would be exactly the same? So why is this nonsense brought up repeatedly?

It's not nonsense. Not a penny should go overseas to a foreign country until our own country is defended.
GAC06
AG
False choice. Biden was ignoring the border before Ukraine.
Yukon Cornelius
AG
GAC06 said:

False choice. Biden was ignoring the border before Ukraine.

Ok but it doesn't make spending money on Ukraine ok either. The decision to ignore our border and spend money on ukraines border are both wrong.
TriAg2010
AG
Yukon Cornelius said:

Ok but why do we have to pay? Why is it always America?

Because we can.
GAC06
AG
Ignoring the border is wrong. Aid to Ukraine is achieving its purpose and is sound policy.
Yukon Cornelius
AG
GAC06 said:

Ignoring the border is wrong. Aid to Ukraine is achieving its purpose and is sound policy.

I disagree. Europe should fund it 100%. We are being scammed and people are eating it up like we are some collective hero society for stopping Putin.

Reality is our country is being invaded and our money is being siphoned over seas. Cheer about that if you want but it won't end well for us.
BQ_90
AG
Quote:

Ok but why do we have to pay?
In this case we told Uke that would help them if they gave up their nukes. So in this case we made a commitment. Hindsight now is they shouldn't have given up their nukes then they could have had deterrent from being attacked.

Or those nukes could have been sold off by Uke to somebody that doesn't really like us.

Sometimes all options are **** sandwiches.
Silian Rail
TriAg2010 said:

Jbob04 said:

Then why didn't Europe do it? They are no threat to us. If they are having huge trouble with Ukraine what possible risk were they to us, other than getting pissed and lobbing a nuke at us, which odds went up 1000% when we decided to bankroll Ukraine
Teslag
AG
Jbob04 said:

This some grade A delusion. Russia is getting their ass kicked right now. Putin will be picking HIMAR fired rockets out of his ass for years.
Faustus
Silian Rail said:

lobopride said:

Destroying Russia allows us to focus on China which is much more of an actual threat. Blood is being spilled to destroy Russia and it's not American blood. This war is a 100 times better investment than either Afghanistan or Iraq were.

In what world is Russia ever a threat to us? You guys are laughing at how Ukraine is beating the **** out of Russia with our c-team equipment, while at the same time saying we need to take them out so they're not a threat to us?
Let's come at this from another angle.

https://www.ncronline.org/news/people/pope-there-no-justification-sacrilegious-war-ukraine

Quote:

Pope Francis again condemned Russia's war on Ukraine, calling it a "senseless massacre" and "sacrilegious" attack on human life.
. . .
We are aiding Ukraine defend itself against Russia's sacrilegious attack.
The Pope has said providing aid to Ukraine is morally acceptable.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/15/world/europe/pope-francis-ukraine.html

For as much as you tout the Church line, how is it that this one is convenient to ignore? The US is doing the lord's work here fighting against Russia's senseless and sacrilegious attack.

FriscoKid
AG
Jbob04 said:

Yeah, this isn't happening. Russia has been losing land for months now. Being lectured by people that aren't paying attention to the actual war is kinda funny though.
Silian Rail
Faustus said:

Silian Rail said:

lobopride said:

https://www.ncronline.org/news/people/pope-there-no-justification-sacrilegious-war-ukraine

Quote:

Pope Francis again condemned Russia's war on Ukraine, calling it a "senseless massacre" and "sacrilegious" attack on human life.
. . .

For as much as you tout the Church line, how is it that this one is convenient to ignore? The US is doing the lord's work here fighting against Russia's senseless and sacrilegious attack.

Morally acceptable is totally different than a moral mandate. It just means it isn't a sin to do it. The Pope is always going to come out against aggressive war, this is no surprise. This does not mean that I have to immediately go join the Ukrainian army to fight Russia nor does it mean we have to donate money and arms to Ukraine, it just means if we do, it is not a sin.

Faustus
Silian Rail said:

Faustus said:

Silian Rail said:

lobopride said:

Quote:

. . .

Morally acceptable is totally different than a moral mandate. It just means it isn't a sin to do it. The Pope is always going to come out against aggressive war, this is no surprise. This does not mean that I have to immediately go join the Ukrainian army to fight Russia nor does it mean we have to donate money and arms to Ukraine, it just means if we do, it is not a sin.
Fair enough. It just seems like you'd rooting for the side that's fighting against sacrilege, whereas you've come out and said that you identified more with Russia and against the Ukrainian degeneracy.

However I appreciate the response and won't harp on it again.

Zobel
AG
Most likely route to war with Russia is through Russian victory in Ukraine. Ukraine is not the end game for Russia, the Bessarabian gap and the Suwalki gap are.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.