$12.3 billion more to Ukraine from our great senate

9,897 Views | 237 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Zobel
Silian Rail
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Well I guess that's 11.1 billion to Ukraine and 1.2 billion to the big guy.

Opulence, Ukraine has it
GAC06
AG
Would be silly to back out now
Tramp96
Is that so all of our equipment will be sitting there waiting for our troops when we deploy them for WWIII?
IMnAg79
AG

AGHouston11
AG
What's 12 billion at this point! It's ridiculous the amount of debt these clowns keep spending!

At least the Cheney friends in the war complex are happy
C@LAg
https://babylonbee.com/news/congress-signs-up-for-40-billionmonth-ukraine-subscription

Congress Signs Up For $40 Billion Per Month Ukraine+ Subscription

To avoid fighting over further spending bills, Congress has opted instead to sign up for the brand new subscription service Ukraine+, which only costs $40 billion per month.

"We are proud to be the very first customers for this exciting new service," said Congressman Dan Crenshaw. "Henceforth, $40 billion US dollars will simply be automatically deducted from our account every month, allowing us to continue laundering money and paying off defense lobbyists in perpetuity. Thanks, Ukraine+!"

Experts say subscribing to Ukraine+ is absolutely essential in order to "save democracy or whatever."

Ukraine+ will not offer any streaming entertainment options, but will give millions of Americans peace of mind knowing their hard-earned tax dollars are going to help Lockheed Martin, Boeing, and Raytheon continue manufacturing weapons to make up for their losses after the Afghanistan withdrawal while preserving the Liberal World Order.

Representatives for Ukraine+ also confirmed that the other NATO countries will be subscribing, but that their subscription is free.
B-1 83
AG
How many trillions have we spent in the last 1/2 century+ trying to smash the Russians into obscurity? Seems like a bargain, and the Ukes are doing it for us.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Do we have auto pay set up for Ukraine or something?
Tramp96
C@LAg said:

https://babylonbee.com/news/congress-signs-up-for-40-billionmonth-ukraine-subscription

Congress Signs Up For $40 Billion Per Month Ukraine+ Subscription

To avoid fighting over further spending bills, Congress has opted instead to sign up for the brand new subscription service Ukraine+, which only costs $40 billion per month.

"We are proud to be the very first customers for this exciting new service," said Congressman Dan Crenshaw. "Henceforth, $40 billion US dollars will simply be automatically deducted from our account every month, allowing us to continue laundering money and paying off defense lobbyists in perpetuity. Thanks, Ukraine+!"

Experts say subscribing to Ukraine+ is absolutely essential in order to "save democracy or whatever."

Ukraine+ will not offer any streaming entertainment options, but will give millions of Americans peace of mind knowing their hard-earned tax dollars are going to help Lockheed Martin, Boeing, and Raytheon continue manufacturing weapons to make up for their losses after the Afghanistan withdrawal while preserving the Liberal World Order.

Representatives for Ukraine+ also confirmed that the other NATO countries will be subscribing, but that their subscription is free.

Once again, the Bee delivers.

The Bee abides.
Waffledynamics
AG
Worth every penny. Sorry Russia's having such a hard time.
Teslag
AG
Poor Vlad. He's going to be pulling HIMAR rockets out of his ass for eternity
Gigem314
AG

BadMoonRisin
AG
10% for the Big Guy
Eliminatus
AG
What difference does it make!? "Insert Hilldawg.png"

Aren't you sure we are all going to be radioactive corpses in like four days anyways??
lobopride
Destroying Russia allows us to focus on China which is much more of an actual threat. Blood is being spilled to destroy Russia and it's not American blood. This war is a 100 times better investment than either Afghanistan or Iraq were.
Faustus
Breakdown

https://www.defensenews.com/congress/2022/09/27/congress-to-vote-on-123-billion-ukraine-aid-package/

Quote:

. . .
The package includes $7.5 billion in military assistance and another $4.5 billion in economic and humanitarian support, on par with the amounts the White House asked for earlier this month as part of its latest Ukraine supplemental request.
. . .
The bill allocates $3 billion of the $7.5 billion in military aid for the Ukraine Security Assistance Initiative, which allows the Pentagon to contract for new weapons and equipment for Kyiv, and another $2.8 billion to bolster U.S. forces stationed in the European theater. It also appropriates $1.5 billion in funding to backfill U.S. stockpiles of weapons already sent to Ukraine, an amount that includes $540 million for critical munitions replenishment.
. . .
In addition to the $7.5 billion in military aid appropriations, the bill also authorizes a separate $3.7 billion in presidential drawdown authority, which allows the White House to send additional security aid to Ukraine from existing U.S. stockpiles.
. . .

rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
- Alfred E. Neuman
Deus Vult
Putin needs to hurry up and follow through with his threat to nuke the Ukraine so we can stop wasting tax payer money on the Ukes.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Proxy WW3 rolls on.
Ags4DaWin
It just baffles me how the amount of aid we are giving is not seen as an act of war by russia.
TexasAggiesWin
S
Can we at least pay 24 times a year (rather than just once a month) to pay down additional principal?
Silian Rail
lobopride said:

Destroying Russia allows us to focus on China which is much more of an actual threat. Blood is being spilled to destroy Russia and it's not American blood. This war is a 100 times better investment than either Afghanistan or Iraq were.

In what world is Russia ever a threat to us? You guys are laughing at how Ukraine is beating the **** out of Russia with our c-team equipment, while at the same time saying we need to take them out so they're not a threat to us?
samurai_science
Waffledynamics said:

Our middle class is having a worse time, and so I would have to disagree its "worth every penny".
Yukon Cornelius
AG
Yay! Americans go into more debt so other countries benefit! We are the biggest suckers in the history of humanity
FriscoKid
AG
Sorry to hear about Lyman.

I know you were counting on it.
Rapier108
Our resident Russophiles will be deeply saddened. They so badly want to see Putin win.

And for the record, I don't think we should be spending this money at all, but I sure as hell don't think we should not spend it solely because of some completely ****ed up view that Russia and Putin are good guys.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Not Coach Jimbo
Gotta get that last bit of money embezzled through Ukraine before starting in other European countries during the looming energy crisis this winter.

Both sides of the isle are getting rich off this, just like the Clinton's in Haiti.
Eliminatus
AG
Ags4DaWin said:

It just baffles me how the amount of aid we are giving is not seen as an act of war by russia.
Russia gave N. Vietnam upwards of $40B (adjusted to 2022) in military aid during our war there. And the equipment back then was MUCH cheaper per unit. It wasn't an act of war back then either.

Also, a chance to say **** Jane Fonda. Never miss a chance to make that clear.

Eliminatus
AG
Silian Rail said:

lobopride said:

In what world is Russia ever a threat to us? You guys are laughing at how Ukraine is beating the **** out of Russia with our c-team equipment, while at the same time saying we need to take them out so they're not a threat to us?
WHAT?! You ****ing kidding me?? You were sobbing and pissing yourself just the other day, terrified of Russia nuking us.

What a joke. Absolutely no one should take you seriously. Ever
Silian Rail
Eliminatus said:

Silian Rail said:

lobopride said:

WHAT?! You ****ing kidding me?? You were sobbing and pissing yourself just the other day, terrified of Russia nuking us.

What a joke. Absolutely no one should take you seriously. Ever

You think Russia just up and nukes us one day if we don't intervene in Ukraine?
AgBandsman
AG
Waffledynamics said:

Please turn off the tv and any mainstream media outlets.
GAC06
AG
NATO exists because Russia was a threat in invade its neighbors. Now Russia has invaded one of its neighbors (again). Turns out Russia is who we thought they were, just more inept.
aggie93
AG
My main gripe with this is it was all so unnecessary. This war could have been avoided had we not greenlighted Nordsteam, botched Afghanistan, and then told Putin we wouldn't do anything if he invaded Ukraine.

I also think it is completely ridiculous that the US is funding this thing. We should be selling stuff to Europe and let them pay for it. There have been reports of Lend/Lease type agreements but I haven't seen anything confirmed. If that's the case I feel very differently about it.

That said we are where we stand now. Russia is losing this war and they are likely to lose. If they don't lose they will move on to a NATO country to invade and that's when things get really nasty. We are in it for good or bad and Russia has a real chance of destroying their military over this and effectively neutering them as a threat for generations. I don't like how we got here and honestly we have gotten very lucky with just how incompetent Russia has handled things but the cost of pulling out from a war you are about to win is dumb. Honestly if Russia implodes before the Midterms it is going to be a monster win for Biden but I think this thing drags into next year.

I get that in the end this may work out best for the US but it's sickening to think about the hundreds of thousands (maybe millions) who will die in the active combat as well as the tens of millions that are going to die due to lack of food and energy in the coming year as a result of this war.
DallasAg 94
Ags4DaWin
Rapier108 said:

Our resident Russophiles will be deeply saddened. They so badly want to see Putin win.

And for the record, I don't think we should be spending this money at all, but I sure as hell don't think we should not spend it solely because of some completely ****ed up view that Russia and Putin are good guys.

I don't want this money spent because I know damn near half of it is going to be grifted and that is why we are sending it.

IDGAF about Russia taking over Ukraine. That is Europe's business. This isn't like the cold War where communism was spreading like wild fire and we ate trying to save the world by stemming the tide.

Would love to see putin lose but it's not worth the money we are throwing at it especially when most of it will not get to the recipient.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.