Duke volleyball player racially heckled at BYU

28,514 Views | 239 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by 94chem
Rapier108
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Porkchop Express said:

AGinHI said:

RAB91 said:

Lebron shows himself to be a fool once again.

And here is the recognition as victim and righteous warrior against the wicked as incentivized by social media.

And here also are several thousand people blinded by vision and ideology, incapable of questioning if it is true, who are willing to incite further anger and resentment, and some, maybe even acts of violence, based on lies and deceit.

It is really hard for me to not see people as dumb, mindless, and arrogantly self-righteous.
If you haven't clicked the link, the BYU student paper has totally eviscerated her idiot of a godmother by making a gorgeous Twitter collage of her previous posts.

They found some actual racism.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
AGinHI
The Porkchop Express
AG
Rapier108 said:

The Porkchop Express said:

AGinHI said:

RAB91 said:

And here is the recognition as victim and righteous warrior against the wicked as incentivized by social media.

And here also are several thousand people blinded by vision and ideology, incapable of questioning if it is true, who are willing to incite further anger and resentment, and some, maybe even acts of violence, based on lies and deceit.

It is really hard for me to not see people as dumb, mindless, and arrogantly self-righteous.
If you haven't clicked the link, the BYU student paper has totally eviscerated her idiot of a godmother by making a gorgeous Twitter collage of her previous posts.

They found some actual racism.
Here's what it looks like if you replace "white" with "black" in those tweets. Post those tweets and then run for office and they'd give you the gas chamber inside of 24 hours.

You poor black mother****ers can't take it.

Black women & men always disappoint.

If you're black, you totally wouldn't understand.

I knew she was married to a black boy just reading the tweet.

Kamala Harris rallies are so black.

If you're Black, you totally wouldn't understand.

As a White person, I'm glad my family doesn't have this problem. The one black person that married in knows not to say a damn thing.

These black folks ain't never had they ass kicked but they better get used to it.
Life is better with a beagle
lil99chris
AG
This is pathetic. The incident never happened, but South Carolina (and ESPN) is treating it like it is true. Seeing the same sort of stuff with certain politicians.

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/34510145/south-carolina-dawn-staley-cancel-byu-women-basketball-games-racial-incident-volleyball-game

Quote:

COLUMBIA, S.C. -- South Carolina and women's basketball coach Dawn Staley have canceled a home-and-home series with BYU over a recent incident where a Duke volleyball player said a Cougars fan yelled racial slurs at her.

The Gamecocks were scheduled to start the season at home against BYU on Nov. 7, then play at the Utah campus during the 2023-24 season.

But Staley cited BYU's home volleyball match last month as reason for calling off the series.

"As a head coach, my job is to do what's best for my players and staff," Staley said in a statement released by South Carolina on Friday. "The incident at BYU has led me to reevaluate our home-and-home, and I don't feel that this is the right time for us to engage in this series."
mjschiller
AG
RibbedPaultz - do some FBI research. It is out there.
WestTexasAg
AG
RAB91 said:

Why won't SOMEBODY in the media call LeBron out for once?
Aston04
AG
Here's the thing- fans from Utah are known to be aggressive hecklers. Utah jazz fans have created this rep.

So, what happens when a player with no ethics gets pissed off by some likely very aggressive heckling of her team? She now has motive to make up the outrageous claim that one guy was yelling at her the n word every time she served.

No way it happened. That doesn't get yelled across the gym these days without numerous people reacting and would shut that crap down ether personally or though a security guard.
FCBlitz
So did the heckling actually happen?
Daddy
AG
I 100% disagree with racism and hope he's punished if vroje a crime
But I wish the same oe more uproar and repercussions would be encouraged on physical violence for racist particularly the ones in NY we keep seeing target the elderly, Asians, and whites

I mean one is names the other us physical violence.
The Orangeman Returns with Thunder
agdad4x
Have her teammates had anything to say about the "heckler" ? Have any of them came forward to support her by saying they also heard the heckling ? Has anyone in the stands came forward ?

Surely someone else heard it if she was on the court and was able to hear it as she had to be 10 to 15' away from the stands - that is a 10 to 15' radius of people that could, would, should have heard something, someone else had to and by now someone would come forward to support her statement - if someone has come forward I have not heard about it.

I have to think that if something like that was said repeatedly (she claimed every time she served she was heckled) at any TAMU event who ever said it would be ran out of the event by the people around him. I have to think I would not sit/stand by and let someone use that type of language to harass a player of another team if I was at an Aggie sporting event
CanyonAg77
AG
Aggies tend to hold each other to higher standards Goes back to the All Corps days, when upperclassmen would discipline underclassmen So I agree, would not be tolerated at A&M

But I can't imagine any college where it would be tolerated today The exception might be two all black colleges playing each other, because the word is magic that way
EclipseAg
AG
There is absolutely no way -- NO WAY -- someone could yell that word multiple times surrounded by college students and not be called out.

Doesn't matter what school it is.

Squadron7
AG
Didn't happen. There is a camera in every hand now.
DallasAg 94
Gap
AG
Texas A&M checked the box as anti-racist at yesterday's matches.

AGinHI
AG
Gap said:

Wake me up when the world is rid of strife, envy, contention, hatred (i.e., sin).
justcallmeharry
S
WestTexasAg said:

RAB91 said:

And he spelled "Volley" ball wrong. Was probably on page two on one of the books he is reading.
If you think I am a liberal, you are incorrect. Assume sarcasm on my part. Sorry if something I post has already been posted.
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
That kid should sue the hell out of these people
Urban Ag
AG
Gap said:

Rascal
AG
Gap said:

mindless cowards

another reason not to watch women's volleyball.
torrid
AG
So you are telling me in a whole arena full of people, there are no other witnesses nor is there any video?
Squadron7
AG
justcallmeharry said:

WestTexasAg said:

RAB91 said:

And he spelled "Volley" ball wrong. Was probably on page two on one of the books he is reading.

Dan Jenkins smiles.
Scotty Appleton
Gap said:

#standwithlyingracebaitors
#iampathetic
#weakassmen
Squadron7
AG
AGinHI said:

Gap said:

Wake me up when the world is rid of strife, envy, contention, hatred (i.e., sin).

Behold the diversity of the VB coaching staff!
Get Off My Lawn
Anyone find video evidence yet?

(Other than the exculpatory stuff, I mean)

Weird that a stadium filled with GenZ live-streamers hasn't generated a viral video of the incident(s) yet!
zoneag
torrid said:

So you are telling me in a whole arena full of people, there are no other witnesses nor is there any video?

The narrative is more important than the truth to the leftists. BYU is a very white school so it's acceptable to lie because they're inherently racist anyway. Nobody will stick up for the truth.
Repeat the Line
Who are the mindless idiots starring the OPs two posts, days after this is known to be yet another racial hoax?
AGinHI
AG
Squadron7 said:

AGinHI said:

Gap said:

Behold the diversity of the VB coaching staff!
Lol!

My first thought
Irish 2.0
I hope this kid goes full Gibson's store in these ****ers and they get the full Oberlin treatment.
yawny06
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

I hope this kid goes full Gibson's store in these ****ers and they get the full Oberlin treatment.

Imagine being a college kid, supporting your school by going to volleyball game, and then potentially having your entire future ruined because you won the race baiter lottery of being singled out because you are white.
_mpaul
AG
Scotty Appleton said:

Gap said:

#standwithlyingracebaitors
#iampathetic
#weakassmen

Fire them all. Now.

Stop worrying about everyone else and worry about the job you were hired to do.

Paper. An insane deer. Taco meat.
Fat Black Swan
AG
Gap said:

They're all for the innocent guy with Down syndrome getting the permaban.
Irish 2.0
Gap said:

NOT ANOTHER DIME!

Keep it up *******s
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
_mpaul said:

Fire them all. Now.

Stop worrying about everyone else and worry about the job you were hired to do.

100% agreed.
Repeat the Line

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.