Duke volleyball player racially heckled at BYU

28,513 Views | 239 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by 94chem
Definitely Not A Cop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

Squadron7 said:

bigcat22 said:

I mean, Mormons did believe that black people were cursed by God until about 50 years ago

What happened 50 years ago that God stop cursing them?

The Mormon church started to get a lot of converts in Brazil, and that doctrine was a problem there.

And they got tired of losing football games.
Jerkin_my_durkin
So this non gender specified species unidentified huminoid or alien of possible non binary identification who could possibly identify as black could identify as someone suffering from tourette's syndrome and here we are being intolerant
Rascal
AG
It's been 2 days and nobody has yet to come here to update the group that this was apparently another RACE HOAX?!?!?

Racist Comments Never Happenned

Video Evidence Shows She's Lying
96AgGrad
AG
Thanks for the update. Since it was supposedly public (and presumably easy to confirm) I took it at face value, but it figures.
UTExan
Rascal said:

It's been 2 days and nobody has yet to come here to update the group that this was apparently another RACE HOAX?!?!?

Wow. This reminds of the NCAA 1998 Mens Basketball semifinal when a black North Carolina player accused a white Utah player of racist language. And it never happened.
“If you’re going to have crime it should at least be organized crime”
-Havelock Vetinari
John Vorster
Ops fake outrage is noted …can't wait for his next virtue signaling thread
BAP Enthusiast
Rascal said:

Shocker, it was done for political points and the girl herself is probably racist.
BuddysBud
AG
Did the BYU president offer a $1200 reward to find the racist that didn't exist, and then failed to pay those that discovered/proved the hoax?
RebelE Infantry
AG
Rascal said:

To be fair, I wouldn't care even if it was real.
The flames of the Imperium burn brightly in the hearts of men repulsed by degenerate modernity. Souls aflame with love of goodness, truth, beauty, justice, and order.
Scotty Appleton
Like I said, she'll probably get an Espy for this.

Silian Rail
I love how certain people will write books on white fragility and then go absolutely bonkers when a certain word is uttered, whether in private or not, by a person of the wrong hue
BAP Enthusiast
Silian Rail said:

I love how certain people will write books on white fragility and then go absolutely bonkers when a certain word is uttered, whether in private or not, by a person of the wrong hue

It's like how black women speak about white people touching their hair. No one does that ever, yet they themselves do that all the time.
lil99chris
AG
Looks like Rachel's godmother (Lesa Pamplin) is quite the racist!
CDUB98
AG
RebelE Infantry said:

Rascal said:

That's a pretty ****ty attitude.
RebelE Infantry
AG
CDUB98 said:

RebelE Infantry said:

Rascal said:

That's a pretty ****ty attitude.

Sorry man, just not gunna get worked up because someone said a no-no word to a magic-American.
The flames of the Imperium burn brightly in the hearts of men repulsed by degenerate modernity. Souls aflame with love of goodness, truth, beauty, justice, and order.
Silian Rail
RebelE Infantry said:

Rascal said:

Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me, unless you're black, and the alleged perpetrator is white, and then you have to notify literally every media source.

Seriously, do I condone people being called the "n-word" of course not, but it's done by whites a fraction of the time that blacks do it to fellow blacks, and even if done by a white is about letter "Z" on my "**** to care about" meter
Petrino1
I know BYU isnt in SLC but Utah Jazz fans are the worst. Openly racist, nasty, vulgar, hateful. They've been like this forever.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/31523231/utah-jazz-ban-three-fans-verbal-altercation-game-2-vs-grizzlies
CDUB98
AG
For a long, LONG time, Mormons considered black people to be some kind of aberration from god, so they were not allowed into their religion.

IIRC

Lots of racist legacy in Mormonism hanging around even though SLC is the progressive cesspool of the state.
CanyonAg77
AG
Rascal said:

It's like these people never read fairy tales as kids, so they make up their fairy tales as adults.

Silian Rail
after reading through the link posted above (https://tbdailynews.com/video-shows-that-duke-volleyball-player-and-her-politician-godmother-are-lying-about-being-called-n-word-during-byu-game/) it really shows this whole thing for the hilarious stunt it is.

Lisa Pamplin literally hates white people, her twitter is full of her making disparaging remarks towards white people but obviously it has never been an issue. Secondly, she expects us to believe that a student from the BYU student section was yelling the n-word everytime she served and nobody caught it on camera? AND the BYU basketball team which has several black members was right next to the student section and did nothing?

It would be funny if BYU wasn't in full "we need to do better" mode trying to get this incident forgotten and will likely throw millions at "anti-racist" training in hush money.
agdoc2001
AG
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
CDUB98
AG
This isn't Baylor.
Your Mom And Them
SMM48 said:

Or La Tech Baseball game spring of 88. On the road
OK...what's the story here?
RebelE Infantry
AG
Silian Rail said:

after reading through the link posted above (https://tbdailynews.com/video-shows-that-duke-volleyball-player-and-her-politician-godmother-are-lying-about-being-called-n-word-during-byu-game/) it really shows this whole thing for the hilarious stunt it is.

Lisa Pamplin literally hates white people, her twitter is full of her making disparaging remarks towards white people but obviously it has never been an issue. Secondly, she expects us to believe that a student from the BYU student section was yelling the n-word everytime she served and nobody caught it on camera? AND the BYU basketball team which has several black members was right next to the student section and did nothing?

It would be funny if BYU wasn't in full "we need to do better" mode trying to get this incident forgotten and will likely throw millions at "anti-racist" training in hush money.

And also railroad a completely innocent person to pacify the mob…
Kozmozag
Wasn't Duke founded by a Klan member?
Rapier108
The demand for racism far exceeds the supply so they always have to manufacture it.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
12thMan9
AG
Kozmozag said:

Wasn't Duke founded by a Klan member?

Wrong Duke.
Ronnie '88
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Saw a clip of this story on an elevator screen...no sound but still immediately thought it was probably going to be a hoax using common sense.

You'd think Duke would have learned from their last ridiculous hoax. Guess not.
RAB91
And the God-mother appears to have locked her twitter account. What a trash family.
akm91
AG
Used to be Duke athletes were the ones accused; now they're the ones doing accusing.
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
Fox has an article up questioning the story as well:

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/duke-womens-volleyball-players-racial-slur-claim-comes-scrutiny

Repeat the Line
oragator said:

Obviously the guy was eventually caught, and I hope he gets publicly outed.. But where were all the people around him to stand up and either collectively shut him down or get security to do it? It apparently went on the whole match. Just sad that this is still a thing in 2022, even if it was only one or a few morons.

https://www.heraldextra.com/sports/2022/aug/27/alleged-racial-slur-threats-used-against-duke-player-at-byu-volleyball-match/

Think OP will take a break from the Soccer Forum to come back to this thread?
93MarineHorn
She learned from the Smollett fiasco, don't fake a hate crime. Just launch baseless accusations and watch whitey squirm
Repeat the Line
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/08/31/uh-oh-media-firefighters-looks-like-that-story-about-byu-student-pelting-duke-volleyball-player-with-racial-slurs-was-a-hoax-after-all/
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
Repeat the Line said:

oragator said:

Obviously the guy was eventually caught, and I hope he gets publicly outed.. But where were all the people around him to stand up and either collectively shut him down or get security to do it? It apparently went on the whole match. Just sad that this is still a thing in 2022, even if it was only one or a few morons.

https://www.heraldextra.com/sports/2022/aug/27/alleged-racial-slur-threats-used-against-duke-player-at-byu-volleyball-match/

Think OP will take a break from the Soccer Forum to come back to this thread?
We will not see xer for a long time

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.