Duke volleyball player racially heckled at BYU

28,503 Views | 239 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by 94chem
Repeat the Line
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cowardly OP has still not returned to this thread. He was hell bent for leather to have a special needs person be doxxed and have their life ruined over a complete racial hoax.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Three things I want to see next (but never will)

1) The guy who got banned and accused of the slur suing BYU for slander.

2) BYU suing South Carolina for breach of contract for cancelling games with zero evidence.

3) Some school wearing all white shirts with the message of "Whiting Out Fake Racism Claims"
Life is better with a beagle
SMM48
AG
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/byu-completes-investigation-duke-players-racial-slur-allegations-finds-no-evidence-corroborate-claim
Kozmozag
The odds of this happe ing at a byu volleyball game are 0. Mormons are overly nice people.
UTExan
And both BYU and the Utah governor are apologizing to the fan who was singled out:

" Utah Gov. Spencer Cox, who strongly condemned the story when it first became public, weighed in Friday morning in a tweet and apologized to the fan.

"I will always speak out strongly against racism," Cox said. "I also believe it is important to step back and acknowledge new facts as they come to light and speak publicly about them as well. Part of that requires patience, something I could have done better in this situation. I apologize to the fan who apparently was unfairly singled out."

Read BYU's full statement below:

As part of our commitment to take any claims of racism seriously, BYU has completed its investigation into the allegation that racial heckling and slurs took place at the Duke vs. BYU women's volleyball match on August 26. We reviewed all available video and audio recordings, including security footage and raw footage from all camera angles taken by BYUtv of the match, with broadcasting audio removed (to ensure that the noise from the stands could be heard more clearly). We also reached out to more than 50 individuals who attended the event: Duke athletic department personnel and student-athletes, BYU athletic department personnel and student-athletes, event security and management and fans who were in the arena that evening, including many of the fans in the on-court student section."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/byu-fan-banned-from-games-reinstated-after-investigation-according-to-university/ar-AA11DRai?cvid=d1ae253f84c94ac4a244ca43bba24b9e

It's a good thing Michael Young was not involved at any level of this incident.
“If you’re going to have crime it should at least be organized crime”
-Havelock Vetinari
The Porkchop Express
AG
Some South Carolina lawmakers who apparently aren't just trained monkeys dancing for nickles have actually called Dawn Staley out.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/south-carolina-lawmakers-seek-answers-gamecocks-womens-basketball-series-byu-canceled

The group of lawmakers, known as the South Carolina Freedom Caucus, sought clarification for the school's decision to "cancel" a two-game series against the Brigham Young University women's basketball team following accusations from a Duke women's volleyball player that racial slurs were hurled her way during a match against the Cougars. BYU officials later said they had not found any evidence of the incident.

The letter, which was co-signed by 14 lawmakers including Rep. Adam Morgan, R-Greenville, and Rep. RJ May, R-Lexington, called on the university to answer a series of questions pertaining to the alleged Duke-BYU incident.

Given the totality of the circumstances, it seems the University of South Carolina rushed to appease the loudest voices of the far-Left by 'canceling' BYU, both literally and figuratively, without respect for the truth. If our citizens are to have faith in our public institutions, then they must not kowtow to counterfeit outrage. Doing so only hurts and weakens those who have been truly harmed by bigotry and discrimination," the letter read.

"It is our opinion the University acted arbitrarily and capriciously without consideration or regard for the facts and circumstances. This begs many questions, chief among them, why did the University of South Carolina cancel the series against BYU when no supporting evidence existed to warrant such action? Will the University of South Carolina reschedule with BYU and issue a public apology if the allegations continue to be shown as false? Is it now the policy of the University to forgo, or more concerning, ignore any fact-finding missions into allegations of wrongdoing? Will the University be canceling all sporting events whenever any fan of any university against which the Gamecocks have an upcoming game is accused of acting inappropriately? Is the University of South Carolina now taking responsibility for all of its fans, regardless of any relationship with the University? What is the policy of the University of South Carolina for canceling games in which allegations of wrongdoing by a future opposing school's fans are made? And finally, will the University of South Carolina decline any games with Duke University given the verifiable racially insensitive tweets by a member of Duke's fan base, Mrs. Pamplin?"
Life is better with a beagle
cupcakesprinkles
AG
oragator said:

Obviously the guy was eventually caught, and I hope he gets publicly outed.. But where were all the people around him to stand up and either collectively shut him down or get security to do it? It apparently went on the whole match. Just sad that this is still a thing in 2022, even if it was only one or a few morons.

https://www.heraldextra.com/sports/2022/aug/27/alleged-racial-slur-threats-used-against-duke-player-at-byu-volleyball-match/

[To the posters that are red flagging this post it is the OP of a long discussion thread and we are not going to remove it. -Staff]

Swing and a miss there, champ!

Another fake racial crime you liberals were so quick to jump on.

Looks like Duke now has their own Aggie Smollett.
Ags4DaWin
I hope the fan or their family makes this interesting and sues Duke, the VB, and BYU because they are a mentally challenged individual.

Makes these ****ing woke POS make a decision- who is higher on the victim totem pole- a mentally challenged man or an entitled black female athlete.
Scotty Appleton
Ags4DaWin said:

I hope the fan or their family makes this interesting and sues Duke, the VB, and BYU because they are a mentally challenged individual.

Makes these ****ing woke POS make a decision- who is higher on the victim totem pole- a mentally challenged man or an entitled black female athlete.

I'd rephrase as privileged black female athlete. Use their bs words right back at them. She went to a $23k a year private high school and now Duke. Her hometown isn't exactly the hood.

It's obvious the person she accused hasn't been as fortunate.

I want to see clips of opposing team fans chanting liar every game this year. Make her break.
C@LAg
Kozmozag said:

The odds of this happe ing at a byu volleyball game are 0. Mormons are overly nice people.
there are racists everywhere. At BYU. Even at A&M.

That said, the evidence is clear, this alleged racist event did NOT happen at BYU but of course the libs will double down because "believe the lie" is their mantra.
Artorias
AG
_mpaul
AG
Artorias said:

yawny06 said:

RAB91 said:

Duke and the media will never admit they were wrong.

Applying that precedent set by Duke, I can make up whatever story I want about Rachel Richardson, offer no proof that it ever happened other than me saying that it did, and when it is proven that I am in fact lying about what I said happened, that is acceptable behavior on my part because you cannot dare call my character into question.
Depends on your skin color
and/or your sex.
Paper. An insane deer. Taco meat.
TexAg91
AG
Hey, it started a conversation!

About hypocrisy, lying, and character.
TheCurl84
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Bunk Moreland said:

Squadron7 said:

Bunk Moreland said:

A lot of lazy, but totally expected takes here. Congrats f16

If he was disruptive and causing problems, toss his ass. Period. That is what you do.

Don't try to turn it in to Selma.

I completely agree and no one is trying to turn it into Selma. That said, Selma was 57 years ago. It's 2022. You'd think in this day and age anyone with a semblance of a heart and soul would have shouted him out or officials would have reacted but apparently they didn't. That is what makes it newsworthy.

This was a D1 college of sporting event.

And btw... If you read her response, it's about as mature as it Gets. She isn't asking for anything other than people do better.

Is it confirmed hoax? Happy to eat crow if it is.
Paging Bunk Moreland.

edit: sorry Bunk, didn't realize you posted after this......
FCBlitz
It is amazing how far we have come to treat lies as the truth…..and just ignore the collateral damage. BYU should lawyer up with one demand. A statement from the athlete apologizing for lying or start burning through cash to pay lawyers.

This will never stop. A person willingly commits a crime and one the criminal act is completed steps away and says…..nope it wasn't me and expects no blowback.

The idea Duke can say we support our athlete and believe she was a victim despite no evidence:….have a nice day and walks away……naw. Shouldn't be allowed to happen that way.
mjschiller
AG
Bilas is a perfect example of what comes out of your A-hole when you have your head up your a...
RAB91
yawny06
AG
Stands by her decision based on her own personal "research".

My personal research is that Dawn Staley is a…

Insert photo of Red Foreman saying "dumbass"…
Rascal
AG
Stephen A Smith had quite the response yesterday afternoon on ESPN. Clearly didn't know how to respond other than reiterating that "she seemed fervent in her claim" and that "we all know how prevalent racism is in this country anyway" and Marcus Spears questioned "why did BYU initially support her if they knew it wasn't true" so basic casting doubt on the validity of their investigation.

Clearly will never get a full act of contrition from these folks on stuff like this.
Scotty Appleton
It will never end. Way too much money and control involved in the racial industry. It will take a mass swell of people to say enough is enough, and unfortunately there are way too many white guilt laden, brainwashed poons out there.
91AggieLawyer
AG
Several things here:

1. Its obvious Duke wants this thing to go away, and fast. That's what is behind their "we stand behind..." statements. They're hoping that signals to the rest of the media to shut this down now.

2. Duke, of all universities (quickly becoming a so-called "university"), should be the most sympathetic to false charges given the infamous lacrosse scandal from, what, 15 or so years ago. The scandal that ruined the lives of many and there are some that actually still believe the "fake but accurate" claim as there probably will be in this case as well.

3. BYU would have been better served to keep their investigation under wraps and then bring in an outside investigator to go over everything again and release that.

4. When will these idiots ever learn -- the SERIOUSNESS of anything means absolutely nothing if the allegations are FALSE. Yet, they hide behind that to give themselves cover for (mostly) political reasons. People, you're supposed to be leaders. LEAD. Have the guts to tell the public -- "We are going to investigate this but we're not going to act until we know the facts. No one should make any definitive opinions about this until all facts come out." If people do, clearly they are the ones being unreasonable. Start stating those exact sentences and there is no one out there that can argue with them.
torrid
AG
Again, in this day and age, NO ONE recorded this on their phone?
D`Funkaladu`
AG
The "create fake -ism controversy" feature won't be ready until iPhone 15.
UTExan
torrid said:

Again, in this day and age, NO ONE recorded this on their phone?

Or what Millenial or Gen Z, upon hearing racist remarks, would not trip over themselves to get it on Tik Tok or the MSM?
“If you’re going to have crime it should at least be organized crime”
-Havelock Vetinari
Repeat the Line
The dope that stared this thread and wanted an innocent special needs person's life ruined didn't start any threads regarding the Oregon idiots chanting religious bigotry towards BYU Mormons. I'm shocked, totally shocked I tell you.
Raiderjay
Repeat the Line said:

The dope that stared this thread and wanted an innocent special needs person's life ruined didn't start any threads regarding the Oregon idiots chanting religious bigotry towards BYU Mormons. I'm shocked, totally shocked I tell you.
"It's different....."
Repeat the Line
OP???????
APHIS AG
RAB91 said:

I guess that Duke did not learn their lesson when it comes to accusations before the facts.

www.history.com/this-day-in-history/duke-lacrosse-team-suspended-following-sexual-assault-allegations
94chem
FCBlitz said:

It is amazing how far we have come to treat lies as the truth…..and just ignore the collateral damage. BYU should lawyer up with one demand. A statement from the athlete apologizing for lying or start burning through cash to pay lawyers.

This will never stop. A person willingly commits a crime and one the criminal act is completed steps away and says…..nope it wasn't me and expects no blowback.

The idea Duke can say we support our athlete and believe she was a victim despite no evidence:….have a nice day and walks away……naw. Shouldn't be allowed to happen that way.

BYU has enough money to make this ugly. I wish they'd do it.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
94chem
APHIS AG said:

RAB91 said:

I guess that Duke did not learn their lesson when it comes to accusations before the facts.

www.history.com/this-day-in-history/duke-lacrosse-team-suspended-following-sexual-assault-allegations

Nothing yet from Coach K? If he keeps his mouth shut, I might have to respect him a little bit.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.