Duke volleyball player racially heckled at BYU

28,508 Views | 239 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by 94chem
93MarineHorn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ha! There was zero corroboration of the N word being yelled at her in a room full of people. If Jesse Smollett and Blasey-Ford had a daughter....
Nasreddin
I didn't do it. I wouldn't do it. So I really don't care. Take your tears elsewhere OP
Scotty Appleton
I was just at lunch and the ACC Network was on in the background. I couldn't hear audio, but read some of the captions and saw that they had an interview with the vball player in question. Per the closed caption transcription the ACC Network reporters were discussing how brave she was, blah, blah, blah.

This world is so head-shaking and it is so difficult to want to watch sports anymore, college or pro.
93MarineHorn
Quote:

Truly, no hidden motive, other than thinking it was despicable. And the more attention and forwards it gets will help make sure it doesn't happen again there or somewhere else, as schools will be forced to put policies in place when it does. Or folks will think about their role if they see it happen around them. I think we can all agree it shouldn't happen in 2022 anywhere, let alone a college volleyball match.
Wtf, OP?!? You gonna show up and eat crow. Maybe you should get with your leftist brethren and MAKE SURE FAKE RACE hoaxes don't keep happening. The Duke player was not harmed in anyway by her hoax, but her lies did cause harm to others, specifically the guy who was banned. Do you feel in any way culpable for spreading these damaging lies, OP?

Please come back and apologize. I won't hold my breath. Sniveling leftist "race scolders" never do.
Silian Rail
93MarineHorn said:

Quote:

Truly, no hidden motive, other than thinking it was despicable. And the more attention and forwards it gets will help make sure it doesn't happen again there or somewhere else, as schools will be forced to put policies in place when it does. Or folks will think about their role if they see it happen around them. I think we can all agree it shouldn't happen in 2022 anywhere, let alone a college volleyball match.
Wtf, OP?!? You gonna show up and eat crow. Maybe you should get with your leftist brethren and MAKE SURE FAKE RACE hoaxes don't keep happening. The Duke player was not harmed in anyway by her hoax, but her lies did cause harm to others, specifically the guy who was banned. Do you feel in any way culpable for spreading these damaging lies, OP?

Please come back and apologize. I won't hold my breath. Sniveling leftist "race scolders" never do.

OP did such a great job not only did he make sure it won't happen again, he actually made sure it didn't even happen the first time
DallasAg 94
captkirk
AG
If racism is so prevalent in this country, why do they keep having to fake incidences of it?
Stupe
S
If it turns out he didn't do anything, the guy that was banned needs to get an attorney. Making people pay is the only way to stop this.

BYU
Duke
The aunt / Godmother
The player.

All of them need to be sued.
Repeat the Line
ATX_AG_08
AG
An entire family of race pimps it appears. Grandmas tweets are disgusting. She should be the one catching flak.
NoahAg
"Ni**a is not a high frequency word that only black people can hear."

Gold
Let's go, Brandon!
AGinHI
AG
captkirk said:

If racism is so prevalent in this country, why do they keep having to fake incidences of it?
Here's your answer:

Quote:

Another relation, Rachel's godmother Lesa Pamplin, drew attention to the story before Richardson's statement by Tweeting "While playing yesterday [my Goddaughter] was called a n***** every time she served. She was threatened by a white male that told her to watch her back going to the team bus." According to her Twitter account, Pamplin is an attorney and a current candidate for a Fort Worth judicial election. Pamplin even claimed credit for making the story national news in an official campaign statement on the incident. "We should be even more outraged that it took a Tweet from me, in Tarrant County Texas, to bring this incident to light" she stated. As indicated in the statement, Pamplin was also not at the game

It brings people recognition for either being a victim or a virtuous fighter against the wicked.

And social media has been the backdrop incentivizing all sorts of behavior.
EclipseAg
AG
These stories are always so fantastical that I dismiss them immediately.

Someone is screaming slurs and no one reacts or even pulls out their phone? Right ...

Stupe
S
Watch the whole video.

She goes OFF on that family!
EclipseAg
AG
Also, the worst part of these stories is the way that the accusers demand that everyone involved, no matter how remote, be reprimanded. Former ESPN troublemaker Jamelle Hill called everyone in the arena a racist because they didn't "walk off the court."
RAB91
Lebron shows himself to be a fool once again.

lil99chris
AG
It seems like LeBron has only read the first page of what occurred with Rachel Richardson and does not know the rest of the details.

akm91
AG
Shouldn't BronBron be looking for the vandals that defaced the gates of his BH mansion?
Easy 8
Added to the list

https://fakehatecrimes.org/
AGinHI
AG
RAB91 said:

Lebron shows himself to be a fool once again.

And here is the recognition as victim and righteous warrior against the wicked as incentivized by social media.

And here also are several thousand people blinded by vision and ideology, incapable of questioning if it is true, who are willing to incite further anger and resentment, and some, maybe even acts of violence, based on lies and deceit.

It is really hard for me to not see people as dumb, mindless, and arrogantly self-righteous.
UTExan
Update on the incident. BYU athletics official now says there is no evidence of the Duke player's claim.
https://kutv.com/news/local/byu-volleyball-game-incident-rachel-richardson-duke-university-no-evidence-racial-slurs-fan-banned

And from the same story, the accused "racist" was apparently a "special needs" person. That's right, a special needs person was pointed out by the Duke player.
“If you’re going to have crime it should at least be organized crime”
-Havelock Vetinari
akm91
AG
I fully hope Duke Athletic Department suspends the racist hoaxer but no way that happens.
RAB91
BYU needs to fix this part quickly (from the above link)
Quote:

At the time the fan was banned indefinitely from BYU, Laursen wrote that he "said he understood, but that he was maintaining his innocence."

Asked about the fan's current status with the university, McBride told KUTV 2News Wednesday the fan is still "banned indefinitely at this point."
agdoc2001
AG
UTExan said:

Update on the incident. BYU athletics official now says there is no evidence of the Duke player's claim.
https://kutv.com/news/local/byu-volleyball-game-incident-rachel-richardson-duke-university-no-evidence-racial-slurs-fan-banned

And from the same story, the accused "racist" was apparently a "special needs" person. That's right, a special needs person was pointed out by the Duke player.

Ableists.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
93MarineHorn
Quote:

Well, he had the audacity of walking up to her after the game having mistaken her for someone else. This female Smollett also accused him of threatening her at that time. She should be prosecuted for this.
Gap
AG
If this is true, what penalties will the Duke player face for perpetrating a race hoax and dishonestly trying to ruin someone's life and falsely smearing a university?

Will Duke kick her off their team? Will she lose her scholarship?
will25u
AGinHI
AG
Gap said:

If this is true, what penalties will the Duke player face for perpetrating a race hoax and dishonestly trying to ruin someone's life and falsely smearing a university?

Will Duke kick her off their team? Will she lose her scholarship?
This behavior would stop if there were severe penalties.

But there are no consequences only rewards which allow it to continue.
Gap
AG
will25u said:

This is disturbing.

If this is true, she must apologize and face the same penalties a person of another race would for advocating violence upon others. I feel for her teammates and competitors. I can't imagine being on the court with someone who wants to see me physically harmed. Does Duke have a training program that can help her?
Squadron7
AG
oragator said:

Obviously the guy was eventually caught, and I hope he gets publicly outed.. But where were all the people around him to stand up and either collectively shut him down or get security to do it? It apparently went on the whole match. Just sad that this is still a thing in 2022, even if it was only one or a few morons.

https://www.heraldextra.com/sports/2022/aug/27/alleged-racial-slur-threats-used-against-duke-player-at-byu-volleyball-match/

Condolences.

Maybe next time.
black_ice
RebelE Infantry said:

Hammerly High Dive Crips
Squadron7 said:

oragator said:

Obviously the guy was eventually caught, and I hope he gets publicly outed.. But where were all the people around him to stand up and either collectively shut him down or get security to do it? It apparently went on the whole match. Just sad that this is still a thing in 2022, even if it was only one or a few morons.

https://www.heraldextra.com/sports/2022/aug/27/alleged-racial-slur-threats-used-against-duke-player-at-byu-volleyball-match/

Condolences.

Maybe next time.
He'll still fall for the next one...and the next. It doesn't matter if he believes it to be true. It's his religious duty.
Agnes Moffitt Rollin 60's - RIP Casper and Lil Ricky - FREE GOOFY AND LUCKY!
zoneag
So next up will be the blowback, and she'll claim victimhood from that too. Probably make up some death threats for good measure.

Once again the supply for real racism outstrips the demand. Funny how the OP and other white leftists fall for this over and over again.
Repeat the Line
UTExan
"This is Duke's 2022 version of Crystal Mangum."

Wow. She spares not the rod.
“If you’re going to have crime it should at least be organized crime”
-Havelock Vetinari

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.