Duke volleyball player racially heckled at BYU

28,501 Views | 239 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by 94chem
The Hefty Lefty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
leachfan said:

It's easier for me to believe the player made it up than a fan was dumb enough to yell those things.
BYU denies that this happened! Fan deny that this happened!
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
Scotty Appleton
will25u said:

Which one of those 3 is the OP?
Repeat the Line
Repeat the Line
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/media-go-all-in-on-apparent-volleyball-racism-hoax-at-byu
mjschiller
AG
This is not the first time that she has made such a claim.
Ribbed Paultz
mjschiller said:

This is not the first time that she has made such a claim.
what's the backstory on this?
TheHoneybadger
AG
The video should start at 5:20. I think Tatum (used to be a police officer) gives a good take on who is keeping racism alive and well. There are many people like Tatum out there, but they do not get the megaphone Lebron gets. It's a 4-minute listen if you review the clip I shared, but you can watch from earlier if you want.

torrid
AG
I'll bet she believes Crystal Mangum too.
NE PA Ag
TheHoneybadger said:

The video should start at 5:20. I think Tatum (used to be a police officer) gives a good take on who is keeping racism alive and well. There are many people like Tatum out there, but they do not get the megaphone Lebron gets. It's a 4-minute listen if you review the clip I shared, but you can watch from earlier if you want.

He now has a nationally syndicated radio show. It replaced Larry Elder when he retired from his show.
Repeat the Line
OP, what disciplinary actions should be taken against the accuser? What apologies and acts of retribution should be provided to the falsely accused? The problem with these hoaxes is that people like you and our corrupt media so badly want this to be true (and rarely if ever retract the misinformation that was spread, once these racial incidents fizzle out as hoaxes).
fooz
OP troll backfire. /laughcry
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Repeat the Line said:

OP, what disciplinary actions should be taken against the accuser? What apologies and acts of retribution should be provided to the falsely accused? The problem with these hoaxes is that people like you and our corrupt media so badly want this to be true (and rarely if ever retract the misinformation that was spread, once these racial incidents fizzle out as hoaxes).

Yep...I just don't under the motivation of people like the op...and we've got a handful exactly like him on this board. Why would you want/be excited about a possible story like this? Such a sad and demented worldview.
Layne Staley
AG
another HOAX of lies from a Leftist. Who could have seen this coming. Is ESPN going to scream the retraction?
fooz
Add it to the list!

https://www.fakehatecrimes.org/

eta: it's already there
Repeat the Line
Race hustler and political agitator Roland Martin still hasn't taken down this video:

RAB91
We need to have VDH do a similar recap of this BYU fake hate crime.

NoahAg
Gap said:

If this is true, what penalties will the Duke player face for perpetrating a race hoax and dishonestly trying to ruin someone's life and falsely smearing a university?

Will Duke kick her off their team? Will she lose her scholarship?
She'll win an effing "Bubba Wallace Lifetime Achievement" Espy award.
Let's go, Brandon!
Repeat the Line
oragator said:

[To the posters that are red flagging this post it is the OP of a long discussion thread and we are not going to remove it. -Staff]

Looks like the liberals socks want this thread to disappear. Good job staff for keeping this thread open and for all to see!
torrid
AG
What I love about incidents like this is the admitted racist history of the LDS church from >50 years ago automatically makes modern-day stories like this true.
UTExan
If anybody is familiar with Dr Wilfred Reilly (professor of political science/Kentucky State University), you might know about his research into hate crime hoaxes.
https://www.commentary.org/author/wilfred-reilly/
“If you’re going to have crime it should at least be organized crime”
-Havelock Vetinari
Owlagdad
Wonder if the Duke divinity school profs will condemn the lying and trying to hurt the BYU Mormans.
LRHF
AG
Let me show y'all my shocked face! Alleged accuser probably also wore a MAGA hat
Irish 2.0
Bunk Moreland said:

Squadron7 said:

Bunk Moreland said:

A lot of lazy, but totally expected takes here. Congrats f16

If he was disruptive and causing problems, toss his ass. Period. That is what you do.

Don't try to turn it in to Selma.

I completely agree and no one is trying to turn it into Selma. That said, Selma was 57 years ago. It's 2022. You'd think in this day and age anyone with a semblance of a heart and soul would have shouted him out or officials would have reacted but apparently they didn't. That is what makes it newsworthy.

This was a D1 college of sporting event.

And btw... If you read her response, it's about as mature as it Gets. She isn't asking for anything other than people do better.

Bunk Moreland
Irish 2.0 said:

Bunk Moreland said:

Squadron7 said:

Bunk Moreland said:

If he was disruptive and causing problems, toss his ass. Period. That is what you do.

I completely agree and no one is trying to turn it into Selma. That said, Selma was 57 years ago. It's 2022. You'd think in this day and age anyone with a semblance of a heart and soul would have shouted him out or officials would have reacted but apparently they didn't. That is what makes it newsworthy.

And btw... If you read her response, it's about as mature as it Gets. She isn't asking for anything other than people do better.

Is it confirmed hoax? Happy to eat crow if it is.
RAB91
Now that this has been shown to be a fake, BYU leadership needs to quit being on the defensive.

'BYU eliminates ROC student fan section from volleyball matches after allegation of racist slur'
https://www.deseret.com/sports/2022/9/1/23331283/byu-volleyball-eliminates-student-fan-section-racist-slur
Irish 2.0
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/media-go-all-in-on-apparent-volleyball-racism-hoax-at-byu

Quote:

BYU police reviewed footage of the fan who was banned and determined that he did not yell any slurs when Richardson was serving. The fan wasn't even present when Richardson was serving the first time, and he was on his phone during Richardson's second serve. Those were the only two times she served in front of the BYU student section. A BYU student newspaper reached out to several people in the student section, none of whom had heard any slurs.
Quote:

And Richardson's godmother, who started the whole controversy? She locked her Twitter account after people discovered her history of racist tweets directed at white people. She also happens to be running for office in Texas.
Owlagdad
Bunk Moreland said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Bunk Moreland said:

Squadron7 said:

Bunk Moreland said:

Is it confirmed hoax? Happy to eat crow if it is.
She is crawfishin. Typical, youngsters think they can explain, beg their way out of consequences when caught. I dont believe a word she says. .
The Hefty Lefty
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

She isn't asking for anything other than people do better

Yep, just casually concerned......so she went on ESPN, Dad went on CNN, and her racist godmother (who's running for a circuit judge in Tarrant County) was all over social media (before Rachel even issued a statement) to leverage this "opportunity".
Bunk Moreland
Baptist Lives Matter said:

Bunk Moreland said:

She isn't asking for anything other than people do better

Yep, just casually concerned......so she went on ESPN, Dad went on CNN, and her racist godmother (who's running for a circuit judge in Tarrant County) was all over social media (before Rachel even issued a statement) to leverage this "opportunity".

Sure is sounding that way. Disgusting. I don't understand the motive. This isn't going to help her godmother win an election...I guess it might have led to her getting media opportunities? That's about the most I can come up with. Just seems so bizarre.
The Porkchop Express
AG
RAB91 said:

We need to have VDH do a similar recap of this BYU fake hate crime.

Blue star, that was fantastic!
Life is better with a beagle
lil99chris
AG
We're going to get the ".....it started a conversation" narrative from Rachel Richardson and the media.
The Porkchop Express
AG
AGinHI said:

RAB91 said:

Lebron shows himself to be a fool once again.

And here is the recognition as victim and righteous warrior against the wicked as incentivized by social media.

And here also are several thousand people blinded by vision and ideology, incapable of questioning if it is true, who are willing to incite further anger and resentment, and some, maybe even acts of violence, based on lies and deceit.

It is really hard for me to not see people as dumb, mindless, and arrogantly self-righteous.
If you haven't clicked the link, the BYU student paper has totally eviscerated her idiot of a godmother by making a gorgeous Twitter collage of her previous posts.

lil99chris
AG
Imagine if a white athlete wrote what LeBron said on Twitter. They would have to issue an apology, donate money to countless organizations, see if they are cancelled, and hope they are not cut from the team.
The Porkchop Express
AG
lil99chris said:

Imagine if a white athlete wrote what LeBron said on Twitter. They would have to issue an apology, donate money to countless organizations, see if they are cancelled, and hope they are not cut from the team.

Now LeBron will have to start that book he was reading all over again. Silver lining? He was only on the first page.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.