Putin 'cannot remain in power'

12,989 Views | 113 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by WolfCall
slatermikan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He felt so cool after the "go get him" at SoU that he wanted to double down on closing remarks? Costanza move?
Kenneth_2003
AG
Rossticus said:

Wow... that's two retractions/walk backs in a many days. Two retractions in two public comments.

Way to go cabbage brains
stetson
AG
ProgN said:

Biden says Putin 'cannot remain in power' in sweeping speech on Russian invasion of Ukraine

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/26/biden-says-putin-cannot-remain-in-power-in-sweeping-speech-on-russian-invasion-of-ukraine.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard

Hope we're at DEFCON 1

Europe and the rest of the free world say the same thing with regard to Biden.
FJB
Rossticus
We're most likely already at DEFCON 3. You'll know when we get to 2.
C@LAg
Rossticus said:

We're most likely already at DEFCON 3. You'll know when we get to 2.
With Biden and Pelosi we have been at DEM-CON 1 since Jan 20, 2020.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
unmade bed said:

OldArmy71 said:

Every time President Moron says something, his staff has to "walk it back."

I've never seen anything like this in all my decades of watching politics.

Didn't follow presidential politics 2017-2020?
So you gonna tell us that you are better off now in 2022 than you were in 2017-2020?

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
Martin Cash
AG
Will he be gone before or after we use chemical weapons and send in the 82d?
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. Ecclesiastes 10:2
Bronco6G
Is this not an impeachable offense? Calling for an elected leader of another nation to be removed from power. We haven't even said that about Kim Jong-un.
Rossticus
Different take from a generally Pro-Trump conservative vet who knows his isht. Interesting view even if you disagree.

C@LAg
Bronco6G said:

Is this not an impeachable offense? Calling for an elected leader of another nation to be removed from power. We haven't even said that about Kim Jong-un.
capture the House this fall and it can be.

otherwise, no it is not.
unmade bed
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

unmade bed said:

OldArmy71 said:

So you gonna tell us that you are better off now in 2022 than you were in 2017-2020?

Personally? Probably around the same if not slightly better. I would say that since graduating grad school in 2005, I have been better off each year compared to the previous year with possible exception of 2008/09, but that was not even close to the point I was making.

The poster said in all his years of following politics he has "never seen" anything like the White House having to continually walk back comments made by POTUS. I was asking if he missed the Trump years because that was pretty much a weekly occurrence.

Please note that does not mean I think Biden is great - he is horrible and a dumbass. Also doesn't mean I think Trump was a bad or that I prefer Biden to Trump (I don't).
C@LAg
unmade bed said:

unmade bed said:

OldArmy71 said:

Personally? Probably around the same if not slightly better. I would say that since graduating grad school in 2005, I have been better off each year compared to the previous year with possible exception of 2008/09, but that was not even close to the point I was making.

The poster said in all his years of following politics he has "never seen" anything like the White House having to continually walk back comments made by POTUS. I was asking if he missed the Trump years because that was pretty much a weekly occurrence.

Please note that does not mean I think Biden is great - he is horrible and a dumbass. Also doesn't mean I think Trump was a bad or that I prefer Biden to Trump (I don't).
oh bullcrap. they were not walking back trump's comments "all the time". they were having to clarify comments since the press purposefully took everything out if context continuously and intentionally.

biden is a walking, talking train wreck that they have to clarify because he has no clue what he is saying.

Ulrich
At what point do they stop letting him speak?
C@LAg
Ulrich said:

At what point do they stop letting him speak?
We are way past "trunalimunumaprzure" when it should have been done.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
C@LAg said:

unmade bed said:

unmade bed said:

OldArmy71 said:

oh bullcrap. they were not walking back trump's comments "all the time". they were having to clarify comments since the press purposefully took everything out if context continuously and intentionally.

biden is a walking, talking train wreck that they have to clarify because he has no clue what he is saying.

Yeah, remember the "injecting bleach" comment which was never said as a prime example.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
C@LAg

Yeah, remember the "injecting bleach" comment which was never said as a prime example.
salute the marines.

you ain't black

You're a lying dog-faced pony soldier.

etc
etc
etc
Rossticus
For context, the actual comment:

"A question that probably some of you are thinking of if you're totally into that world, So, supposing we hit the body with a tremendous whether it's ultraviolet or just very powerful light and I think you said that that hasn't been checked, but you're going to test it.

And then I said, supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way, and I think you said you're going to test that, too. It sounds interesting.

And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs, and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it would be interesting to check that."
oldcrow91
AG
Guy on a Buffalo said:

Quick! Let's rush our military over to Ukraine so they can protect their borders, never mind that we don't care about our own.

Russians should have just walked across the border and align themselves with the radical Ukrainians and take over. Easy peasy.

(Of course those Russian invaders might wake up and not vote with the radicals forever.
TxLawDawg
AG
The real question is who the hell at the White House has the authority to say the POTUS didn't mean what the POTUS said? Who's make the decision on what exactly is the official position of the President if it's not the President?

I realize this is rhetorical and we all know he's not making decisions, but it's really really scary that we have an absentee president.
annie88
AG
Biden cannot stay in power, especially since he shouldn't be there in the first place, stealing jetk.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
Ragoo
AG
We are in season 1 of VEEP
C@LAg
Ragoo said:

We are in season 1 of VEEP
we are in season 5 of "House"

everything is always diagnosed as "lupus" when it is obviously something else.
12th Man
AG
TxLawDawg said:

The real question is who the hell at the White House has the authority to say the POTUS didn't mean what the POTUS said? Who's make the decision on what exactly is the official position of the President if it's not the President?

I realize this is rhetorical and we all know he's not making decisions, but it's really really scary that we have an absentee shadow president.
I think this is what you mean- and you're right: it's scary as hell.
AggDogg61
So what happens next:
1) Russian Cyber Attack on the US
2) Chemical weapons used in Ukraine
3) Nuke attack on Ukraine
4) Terrorist attack on America.
5) Nothing
C@LAg
2 within the next few days.
Rossticus
Lt Gen (ret) Hertling apparently has no problem with Biden's statement. Seems to be a distinct preference for that degree of directness emerging from former military. Again, no endorsement. Just putting out different views from folks I've seen who'd have an experienced opinion. However, also possibly highlights the reason we have a civilian CIC and not a military one.

jefe95
AG
So. He's suggesting regime change?

Rossticus
jefe95 said:

So. He's suggesting regime change?

I don't think there's any disagreement that regime change is the best outcome, but it has to occur internally. I don't believe that anyone is seriously implying outwardly transparent, externally facilitated regime change.
jefe95
AG
With all due respect, because I know you've been all
Over this from day 1.

The US Pres and Warhawk generals have no business suggesting regime change of a nuclear power. Joe was dangerous today. And some hack lt gen echoing those comments is extremely dangerous.
Rossticus
jefe95 said:

With all due respect, because I know you've been all
Over this from day 1.

The US Pres and Warhawk generals have no business suggesting regime change of a nuclear power. Joe was dangerous today. And some hack lt gen echoing those comments is extremely dangerous.

I'm not endorsing it one way or the other. I'm simply saying that there appear to be credible people who don't feel that it was the gaffe it's being made out to be. Hertling seems to be pretty well respected from what I've seen so I'm not going to discount his opinion simply because he doesn't pile on Dementia Joe on this one.

Biden is no Reagan but if Biden talked half as tough to Putin as Reagan did to the USSR about nuking them then folks would be clutching pearls and fainting all over themselves.

Hertling's Creds, if anyone is interested:

Of Note:

"Hertling served in command and staff assignments in the continental United States and overseas. He began his professional career in Europe as a second lieutenant, leading tank and scout platoons in the 3rd Infantry Division in 1975 to 1977. In 1988, he returned to Europe as a major, serving first on the staff of the 1st Armored Division as the deputy G-3, then as the S-3 of 1st Squadron, 1st Cavalry Regiment (Blackhawks) with whom he deployed during Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm. The 1-1 Cavalry was cited for its role in the Battle of Medina Ridge, where Hertling was wounded in action.

Hertling also commanded 1st Squadron, 16th Cavalry Regiment at Fort Knox. He also commanded 3rd Brigade, 2nd Infantry Division at Fort Lewis, Wash. when that unit was named as the Army's first Stryker Brigade. He was Commander of Operations Group, National Training Center and Fort Irwin, Fort Irwin, California, and commanded the 7th Army Training Command, transforming it to the Joint-Multinational Training Command, in Grafenwoehr, Germany. He also served as the Vice J-7 and the J-7, on the Joint Staff in Washington, D.C. from 2001 to 2003, and as the United States Army Europe G-3 from 2005 to 2007.

Hertling's overseas assignments include responsibility as the Commanding General, 1st Armored Division/Multi-National Division-North, as a major general from October 2007 to December 2008, both in Wiesbaden, Germany and in Iraq during Operation Iraqi Freedom. Prior to this, as a brigadier general, he was the assistant division commander from September 2003 to August 2004 of the 1st Armored Division, United States Army Europe and Seventh United States Army, in Baghdad, Iraq.

From March 2011 to November 2012, he served as the Commanding General of United States Army Europe and the Seventh Army."
BluHorseShu
AG
The Dirty Sock said:

Gonna be laughing my ass off and pointing at my lib cali neighbors for saying trump was going to start ww3 while the hypersonic war heads ignite the landscape.
I won't comment on assuming the conclusion fallacy…but why would you be laughing if we are in WWW3? Just so you can own your neighbors. I would hope you'd be getting right with God
cap-n-jack
A mad man with his finger on the trigger and a house plant with his finger on the trigger. We are so ****ed.
agent-maroon
AG
Ag87H2O said:

"What, me worry?"

With apologies to Alfred P. Newman & Mad Magazine
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Keegan99
AG
Hertling is also a big Biden fanboy.
Rossticus
Keegan99 said:

Hertling is also a big Biden fanboy.

That's why I posted the comment from Fox as well. He's been an outspoken critic of Biden's handling of things (correctly) to this point and spoken favorably of Trump's actions toward Russia in the past.

I think that this is less of a political thing and more of a military thing. And despite his recent support of Biden, I tend to think Hertling's service record lends him a bit of credibility regardless. If Hertling were the only one echoing this sentiment then I'd have seen it as more of a one-off and not posted.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.