***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,550,768 Views | 47731 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by Waffledynamics
ABATTBQ11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
All things considered, I think they're allowed some colorful language as a morale booster
SouthTex99
AG
AgLA06
AG
SouthTex99 said:

I hear you and agree. Its easy to see that from here. But they've been fighting a war against a stronger opponent since February 2022. Even the mighty US military would stumble on occasion when fighting that hard, that long. Overall (and with a lot of help) they are punching well above their weight class.
Totally agree. And like I said I'm in full support.

That's just the kind of statement that can rub people they rely on to support them wrong.
74OA
AG
Russian tactical aviation in a bad way and steadily getting worse.

"Data compiled by Newsweek in August found that roughly 20 percent of all aircraft and helicopter losses by the VKS in this war have been due to either their own units shooting them down or as a consequence of poor maintenance or pilot error."

DOWNHILL
No Spin Ag
74OA said:

"Data compiled by Newsweek in August found that roughly 20 percent of all aircraft and helicopter losses by the VKS in this war have been due to either their own units shooting them down or as a consequence of poor maintenance or pilot error."

DOWNHILL

I can't help but laugh when I see things like this because they just confirm just how much a third world sheethole Putin's Russia really is.

And people thought he was a near-peer. *itch, please.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
74OA
AG
Bill approving Sweden's accession to NATO finally goes to Turkey's parliament and other notes.

UPDATES
AgLA06
AG
74OA said:

Bill approving Sweden's accession to NATO finally goes to Turkey's parliament and other notes.

UPDATES
I don't think it was a coincidence that Turkey expelled Hamas leadership this morning.

Sounds like the deal got done.
Rossticus
Germany doing German things…

AgLA06
AG
Rossticus said:

Sounds like some investigative reporting into personal finances is in order.
txags92
AG
74OA said:

DOWNHILL
All is proceeding as Tom Clancy predicted...
ABATTBQ11
AG
AgLA06 said:

74OA said:

UPDATES
I don't think it was a coincidence that Turkey expelled Hamas leadership this morning.

Should've executed hamas leadership. "We expelled them. No idea where they went though."
ABATTBQ11
AG
AgLA06 said:

Rossticus said:

Sounds like some investigative reporting into personal finances is in order.

I think some people are just that stupid
AgLA06
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

AgLA06 said:

74OA said:

UPDATES

Should've executed hamas leadership. "We expelled them. No idea where they went though."
Who says the didn't communicate it to Mosad or any other western intelligence. I'm sure they wanted probable deniability. Not surprising.
LMCane
AgLA06 said:

74OA said:

UPDATES

wait, what?

where does it state in that article that Turkey is expelling Hamas Leadership?
AgLA06
AG
It didn't. I saw that separately this morning.
DCPD158
AG
AgLA06 said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

AgLA06 said:

74OA said:

UPDATES

Who says the didn't communicate it to Mosad or any other western intelligence. I'm sure they wanted probable deniability. Not surprising.
I bet Israel knows exactly where they went
Company I-1, Ord-Ords '85 -12thFan and Websider-
JFABNRGR
AG
A tough watch. Reminder of what war does to people.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/17emhkq/i_cry_quietly_soldier_working_to_rescue_the/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
2wealfth Man
AG
Attempted assault (I use that word loosely) by Russian BMD-2 IFV on Ukrainian positions. Guy that fell off at 0:48 was lucky. The whole thing is a clown show. Lets all ride out and get shot up by ATGM's. What are these dumb asses at the end going to do sitting in an open field with NO cover in daylight with Uke drones watching their every move? My mouth is open watching the whole thing. Not even sure how the one guy made it out of that tin can. What a clown show by Ivan.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/17cl6c7/russian_bmd2_ifv_attempted_to_assault_ukrainian/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web3x&utm_name=web3xcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button
JFABNRGR
AG
This one is just as bad. -10

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/17epn74/russian_ifv_with_infantry_riding_on_top_struck_by/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
Sq 17
74OA said:

DOWNHILL

Likely the Russian air assets are very poorly maintained and not reliable which explains why for the most part they have been absent from the theater
2wealfth Man
AG
JFABNRGR said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/17epn74/russian_ifv_with_infantry_riding_on_top_struck_by/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
Human cope cages? What a concept.
JFABNRGR
AG
2wealfth Man said:

JFABNRGR said:

Human cope cages? What a concept.
AKA Reactive Armor
Waffledynamics
AG
Wasn't able to post this earlier when the update dropped, but:

Quote:

Mandatory evacuation for families with children has been announced in Dudchany, Kachkarivka, Mylove, Novokayiry, Zolota Balka, Mykhaylivka, Osokorivka, misto Beryslav, Zmiyivka, Novoberyslav, Tyahynka, Burhunka, Lvove, Mykolayivka, Odradokamyanka, Olhivka, Chervonyy Mayak, Vesele, Kozatske, Antonivka, Komyshany, Sadove, Pryozerne of Kherson region
https://liveuamap.com/en/2023/23-october-mandatory-evacuation-for-families-with-children

DCPD158
AG
Waffledynamics said:

Quote:

Mandatory evacuation for families with children has been announced in Dudchany, Kachkarivka, Mylove, Novokayiry, Zolota Balka, Mykhaylivka, Osokorivka, misto Beryslav, Zmiyivka, Novoberyslav, Tyahynka, Burhunka, Lvove, Mykolayivka, Odradokamyanka, Olhivka, Chervonyy Mayak, Vesele, Kozatske, Antonivka, Komyshany, Sadove, Pryozerne of Kherson region
https://liveuamap.com/en/2023/23-october-mandatory-evacuation-for-families-with-children

What happened to the UK bridgehead in this region?
Company I-1, Ord-Ords '85 -12thFan and Websider-
aggiehawg
AG
Waffledynamics said:

Quote:

I'm sorry but what does that mean?
Waffledynamics
AG
DCPD158 said:

Waffledynamics said:

Quote:

What happened to the UK bridgehead in this region?
It likely wasn't ever a bridgehead. They've had SOF raids incorrectly reported as "omg Ukraine's over the river!" several times. The most recent was likely one of the same.
Waffledynamics
AG
aggiehawg said:

Waffledynamics said:

Quote:

I'm sorry but what does that mean?
Possibly that some sort of operation is planned by either side. At least, those are the cards shown. That doesn't mean it will end up that way. Heck, it could even be Ukraine trying to draw Russian forces away from the Zaporizhzhia front. Either way, they want those civilians out of the way for something.
74OA
AG
Good update on the fighting around Avdiivka in the east and at the Dnipro river crossing in the south.

Today's SITREP.
aggiehawg
AG
Thanks.
Rossticus
JFABNRGR
AG
Long range orc coms tower in Crimea with nee defenses around it.

sclaff
AG

Gilligan
AG
2wealfth Man said:

Rossticus said:

those TOS's always seem to go off spectacularly when hit.
The trailing vehicle that started to turn the corner then noped out after seeing the damage was lucky it wasn't closer. That shock wave was huge!
benchmark
AG
Mostly what we know by observation ... Russia's military can field a credible defense but thier offensive skills are incompetent bordering on amateurish.

74OA
AG
What Putin can't steal; he destroys. "There's been fighting here since 2014, but since the start of Russia's full-scale invasion of last February, the population has shrunk from more than 30,000 to just over 1,000."

AVDIIVKA
First Page Last Page
Page 1228 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.