***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,550,301 Views | 47731 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Waffledynamics
JFABNRGR
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
russian mine clearing operation phase IV or maybe its V. Avdiivka region.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/17ff2xh/russian_armored_column_stopped_by_mines_artillery/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
Touchless
AG
Compilation of some various battles against a Russian assault. The last one that starts at 8:56 is the best one. That unit got crushed.
JFABNRGR
AG
Insane video. NSFW.
Russian AFV with troops on top explodes 10 meters in front of Uke trench.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/s/C05VtSXvRt
Gilligan
AG
JFABNRGR said:

Insane video. NSFW.

This was brutal. Bodies flying sky high, on fire and then being shot because this happened right in front of the Ukes.
LMCane
JFABNRGR said:

Insane video. NSFW.

so was it the Ukes in the trench at the bottom left that fired an ATGM into the side of the AFV?

that seems like a heck of a large explosion for infantry weapons?

or more likely it hit a anti-tank mine in front of the trench?

one of the Russkies never learned in school: "stop, drop, and roll"
JFABNRGR
AG
LMCane said:

JFABNRGR said:

Insane video. NSFW.

so was it the Ukes in the trench at the bottom left that fired an ATGM into the side of the AFV?

I think most ATGMs have a minimum arming distance. I only viewed it on cell screen but assuming a mine.

So note to selves emplace the mines so that your security post is outside the blast radius. Then again who knows whos mine it actually was as often as the trenches change hands.
AgLA06
AG
JFABNRGR said:

LMCane said:

JFABNRGR said:

Insane video. NSFW.

I think most ATGMs have a minimum arming distance. I only viewed it on cell screen but assuming a mine.

So note to selves emplace the mines so that your security post is outside the blast radius. Then again who knows whos mine it actually was as often as the trenches change hands.
It sure looked like a ATGM as the round went through / beyond the IFV.

I don't think the Ukes were in that tree line. I think they were in a nearby treeline. Which would make more sense as it seemed to show Uke artillery hitting that treeline / trenches the Russians were trying to dismount and reinforce.
Waffledynamics
AG
Quote:

Damage at territory of Khmelnitsky NPP as result of Russian attack overnight, due to powerlines damage partial blackout in Netishyn and Slavuta towns of Khmelnitsky region
https://liveuamap.com/en/2023/25-october-damage-at-territory-of-khmelnitsky-npp-as-result

This is in West Ukraine.
JFABNRGR
AG
AgLA06 said:

JFABNRGR said:

LMCane said:

JFABNRGR said:

Insane video. NSFW.

It sure looked like a ATGM as the round went through / beyond the IFV.

I don't think the Ukes were in that tree line. I think they were in a nearby treeline. Which would make more sense as it seemed to show Uke artillery hitting that treeline / trenches the Russians were trying to dismount and reinforce.

Sounds like your referring to a different video maybe the one posted above mine.

In mine the ukes, are in the trench 10M to left clearly seen with :30 left in the video firing a rifle to back of AFV. I think they also threw a grenade again back of AFV. The vid labels them w flag at one point.
AgLA06
AG
Sorry, I was.
JFABNRGR
AG
Gilligan said:

JFABNRGR said:

Insane video. NSFW.

This was brutal. Bodies flying sky high, on fire and then being shot because this happened right in front of the Ukes.
I just noticed at the :41 mark an orc at the back of the AFV fires off what appears to be an RPG at the Uke Trench and it just barely misses the Ukrainian soldier who is firing back at him. He is seen again trying to reload through the smoke. Everyone else in his gang is already dead or in process of dying and he is still working it.....kudos to him he is their one warrior but I doubt he ever got another round off or maybe he did and that's why the video feed cut. Also the track lands on an orc.

X feed source below:

2wealfth Man
AG
JFABNRGR said:

Gilligan said:

JFABNRGR said:

Insane video. NSFW.

I just noticed at the :41 mark an orc at the back of the AFV fires off what appears to be an RPG at the Uke Trench and it just barely misses the Ukrainian soldier who is firing back at him. He is seen again trying to reload through the smoke. Everyone else in his gang is already dead or in process of dying and he is still working it.....kudos to him he is their one warrior but I doubt he ever got another round off or maybe he did and that's why the video feed cut. Also the track lands on an orc.

X feed source below:

flaming hot Cheetos, never liked'em. Do like the "all in one" dismount from the AFV. Whoever choreographs the music on these videos......I was thinking something more along the lines of Sammy Hagar.

JFABNRGR
AG
Another insane video. Worms taking clusters. Does show how survivable they are at least in the short run or crawl.

Looks like one of them loses his mind firing at ghosts :40-:60 mark and then again at 1:55-2:00 slightly left and above of center. In second incident, it appears another worm shoots back at him before tackling him.

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarVideoReport/comments/17g9c9b/ua_shelling_crawling_russian_infantry_with/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
Eliminatus
AG
JFABNRGR said:

Another insane video. Worms taking clusters. Does show how survivable they are at least in the short run or crawl.

Looks like one of them loses his mind firing at ghosts :40-:60 mark and then again at 1:55-2:00 slightly left and above of center. In second incident, it appears another worm shoots back at him before tackling him.

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarVideoReport/comments/17g9c9b/ua_shelling_crawling_russian_infantry_with/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

I'm actually surprised we have not ante'Ed up more airburst munitions. HE shells are actually pretty damn survivable when prone. Most ground detonating munitions are as the fragmentation inherently blasts upward and outwards in a V shape. Airburst is the complete opposite and was made for situations like this with infantry pinned in a field.

For those not familiar with it, airburst detonates above the ground so the frag pattern blasts downward like a shotgun. It's murder on exposed troops. I think we sent some early HIMARs versions but I have not seen any of the 155mm variety in use. Have yall?
aezmvp
Eliminatus said:

JFABNRGR said:

I'm actually surprised we have not ante'Ed up more airburst munitions. HE shells are actually pretty damn survivable when prone. Most ground detonating munitions are as the fragmentation inherently blasts upward and outwards in a V shape. Airburst is the complete opposite and was made for situations like this with infantry pinned in a field.

For those not familiar with it, airburst detonates above the ground so the frag pattern blasts downward like a shotgun. It's murder on exposed troops. I think we sent some early HIMARs versions but I have not seen any of the 155mm variety in use. Have yall?
There has been some but again remember that most of the ammo we are sending is HE because the main artillery tasking has been to a) interdict enemy advance (motorized) and b) take out enemy artillery. Yes you can do the 2nd with frag air burst but taking out infantry isn't their main purpose. You can buy a lot of bullets for the cost of a 155 round. Stop the armor, stop the trucks, kill the artillery and you're winning.
JFABNRGR
AG
Eliminatus said:

JFABNRGR said:

Not enough is the best answer.
Mostly HIMARS on actual observations.
I thought some of the clusters we gave them were programable to air burst but I am often wrong.
74OA
AG
NATO predicts quick Sweden ratification by Turkey. We'll see. Orban up next.

ALLIANCE
Rossticus
I predict that Orban will prove to be problematic on this. Wouldn't surprise me if Erdogan is only consenting because he knows that Viktor will remain a hard no.
74OA
AG
Ukrainian pilots have begun F-16 training in the US and other updates.

Today's SITREP.
benchmark
AG
Northern approaches to Avdiivka ....

Quote:

Per WarGonzo via Telegram ... With the support of long-range weapons, they attacked at Nevelskoye, Severny (a settlement west of Avdeevka), on the southern and northwestern approaches to Avdeevka and at Stepnoye (not to be confused with the settlements of the same name in the Zaporozhye and Ugledar directions). In the last of these areas they had serious tactical success. The waste heap is occupied - the dominant height. They also went to the railway line.

P.U.T.U
AG
I know Russia does not care about their troops but crazy how they keep throwing citizens towards their deaths.
74OA
AG
Russia going back to its prisons for manning. Considering the atrocities perpetrated by regular Russian soldiers--either directed or tolerated by their chain of command--it's not difficult to imagine what prison scum are capable of.

DREGS
MJ20/20
AG
It's eugenics and for as unethical as it is, it's a brilliant practice for someone with zero internal consequences. Putin is using criminals, drug addicts, alcoholics, "enemies of the state", genetically unfit, etc... for the meat grinder at the front while backfilling his population with abducted Ukrainians. He sees it as a win/win. At the end of the day that practice presents no additional adverse risk. When / if Putin is brought down, this exercise will be just one of many charges with the utmost penalty.
RogerEnright
I just watched a bunch of Russians get blown from their vehicle and your praise of eugenics turned my stomach way worse.

Careful. I hope that the people staring your post don't understand how charged that concept is.
P.U.T.U
AG
I don't think they meant it as praise, it is just the Russian way of thinking. More so Putin's thought process. He has not hid his aspirations for Novorossiya and that can only be done getting rid of the "undesirables"
Rossticus
Additionally he's been conscripting new immigrants almost as soon as they get assigned their Russian passports. Basically, if you're either a poor Russian, not ethnically Russian, or both, your ass is tagged for going to the meat grinder.
sclaff
AG
I am not as surprised in our president as Ben Hodges was

MJ20/20
AG
No praise intended my friend. Disgust would be much more appropriate. I was adding on to P.U.T.U.'s accurate assessment of the front. War is a nasty business, and unfortunately there are many folks willing to use it for multiple means.

Edit to add: I do see how the original post could come across as praising the practice. I meant brilliant in a maniacal manner not positive. Probably a poor word choice on a message board.
Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
Quote:

About 9 guided bombs were dropped on Beryslav, Kherson region
https://liveuamap.com/en/2023/27-october-about-9-guided-bombs-were-dropped-on-beryslav
74OA
AG
Ukraine getting additional supplies of cluster munitions from Turkey.

BOMBLETS
74OA
AG
Necessity is the mother of invention.

AgLA06
AG
74OA said:

Necessity is the mother of invention.

Pair this with drones that drop mine clearing explosives.
Rossticus
Rossticus
First Page Last Page
Page 1229 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.