***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,561,024 Views | 47750 Replies | Last: 13 hrs ago by Teslag
Who?mikejones!
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Moxie said:

How convenient
Sims
AG
How do planes even fall out of windows? I don't get it.
txags92
AG
I think they spelled "shot down" wrong.
Who?mikejones!

Doesn't look like a mechanical problem to me
74OA
AG
txags92 said:

"Crashes"...
I'm surprised Prigozhin lasted this long. Putin has killed many more for far less.

An equally evil man died with him.

txags92
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Unless they jumped out with chutes on somewhere along the way, I am having a hard time believing there were 3 people that survived that crash.
SPF250
AG
Obligatory: This is my shocked face.....
snizzler22
AG
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-66599733

BBC reporting he was killed. Kinda surprised it took this long. It'll be interesting to see what happens with Wagner, particularly in ME and Africa.
goatchze
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Getting hit with a SAM tends to give you mechanical problems.
docb
AG
I've got to believe that all of this internal conflict will eventually reach a tipping point with Putin. How many people has he had killed now? Crazy how different our countries are.
TXAggie2011
AG
I see that the Wall Street Journal just reported Prigozhin was on the plane and everyone on it died
mike073
AG
Yes but no confirmation if he survived.
Gig 'em Aggies!

PJYoung
AG
This is the best day the Russian air force has had in a very long time.
FTAco07
FTAco07
AG
https://www.cnbc.com/2023/08/23/wagner-mercenary-boss-yevgeny-prigozhin-killed-in-plane-crash.html

Three Options:

1. It's true
2. It's true, but wasn't an accident
3. It's fake and he's now off running around somewhere in secret
The Fife
txags92 said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Unless they jumped out with chutes on somewhere along the way, I am having a hard time believing there were 3 people that survived that crash.
My guess is the 3 people who were injured were on the ground at the time, not in the plane.
LMCane
74OA said:

txags92 said:

"Crashes"...
I'm surprised Prigozhin lasted this long. Putin has killed many more for far less.

An equally evil man died with him.

and throw in yet another Russian missile no longer in their inventory

it has been win/win/win today for the good guys.

first Surovikin yesterday, then Prigozhin today

lot's of windows opening up in Russia this week!
wessimo
AG
2wealfth Man
AG
Moxie said:

windows and stairs are so old fashioned
LMCane
snizzler22 said:

BBC reporting he was killed. Kinda surprised it took this long. It'll be interesting to see what happens with Wagner, particularly in ME and Africa.
do the other commanders of Wagner just meekly accept that Putin murdered their two leaders?

they were willing to march on Moskva, but now they are just going to go back to doing Putin's bidding around the world?

at any rate, I can't imagine too many Russians want to go die in Ukraine now for Putin
LMCane
wessimo said:

but why would Prigozhin fake his own death like that?

surely Putin is going to really figure it out whether or not there is a body in there that is actually Prigozhin.

unless it's just to make Putin look strong- although in that case Putin would just really have had him killed.
Gordo14
I doubt whatever just happened suggests stability is coming to the Russian regime.
aunuwyn08
SamHou
I'm not surprised. Also makes sense given how yesterday Sergei Surovikin was ghosted by Putin. That's both insurrectionists
AgLA06
AG
LMCane said:

wessimo said:

but why would Prigozhin fake his own death like that?

surely Putin is going to really figure it out whether or not there is a body in there that is actually Prigozhin.

unless it's just to make Putin look strong- although in that case Putin would just really have had him killed.
If he was anywhere as smart as he thought he would have.

Get a Russian military officer buddy to shoot down the plane. Find a way to put on dead bodies with your DNA and the manifest. Now you're a ghost that is no longer a threat to the Kremlin, so no longer hunted.

Wagner, who already marched on Moscow wants revenge and will work to destabilize Putin why Prigozhin sips drinks with umbrellas on the beach of an uninhabited island somewhere with enough supplies and money for life.

Win / Win.
clobby
AG
Dude is sitting on stacks of cash. Probably hanging out on his yacht somewhere.
Eliminatus
AG
Fairly certain Wagner has been effectively muzzled. They had a big draw down after Bakhmut and the failed rebellion and have since been scattered across East Europe and Africa. Individuals will be mad but the organization itself won't likely have the power to do much. Maybe some guerrilla stuff.

Could be wrong but that's my take. Of allllll the things that have occurred since the invasion the advent of Wagner has probably fascinated me the most. But they have also largely dropped off the radar from what I can tell and are a shadow of their former might. From my sources at least.
Eliminatus
AG
clobby said:

Dude is sitting on stacks of cash. Probably hanging out on his yacht somewhere.

Or he is carbonized chunks in a field. Daring double lives and secret identities happen but this is Russia. Occam's razor always takes precedence with that country IMO.

I watched Putin call Priggy a traitor myself. And then backtrack and give him amnesty two days later??? Russia is built on power and for all the grief we give Putin, he is still a dictator of a large country. Prigozhins mere continued existence undermined Putins power every minute of the day.

My hot take at least.
bonfarr
AG
LMCane said:

snizzler22 said:

do the other commanders of Wagner just meekly accept that Putin murdered their two leaders?

they were willing to march on Moskva, but now they are just going to go back to doing Putin's bidding around the world?

at any rate, I can't imagine too many Russians want to go die in Ukraine now for Putin

The other commanders may be jockeying to become the new leader of Wagner. If you become the new head of Wagner and can stay in Putin's good graces the job pays well with excellent benefits.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
TheHulkster
AG
bonfarr said:

LMCane said:

snizzler22 said:

The other commanders may be jockeying to become the new leader of Wagner. If you become the new head of Wagner and can stay in Putin's good graces the job pays well with excellent benefits.
The retirement package isn't great. They don't give you a golden parachute. Hell, they don't even give you a regular parachute.
Eliminatus
AG
I also would not be surprised if Ukes had a hand in this. Not saying they did, just saying it would not be out of left field for me if it came out they planted a bomb or something. They have shown a greater capacity to "reach and touch people" over the last year. If Prigozhins name on the flight list was publicly available. ..
MouthBQ98
AG
They're pretty confident it was a shoot down. That gives some latitude to frame it as an "accident" while still sending the message.
Gordo14
Eliminatus said:

I also would not be surprised if Ukes had a hand in this. Not saying they did, just saying it would not be out of left field for me if it came out they planted a bomb or something. They have shown a greater capacity to "reach and touch people" over the last year. If Prigozhins name on the flight list was publicly available. ..

It looks highly likely that they were shot down by SAMs from what I have seen. Furthermore, if you believe that Prigozhin is a destabilizing force, he's probably better for Ukraine alive than dead.
74OA
AG
Latest on Prigozhin's final flight to his special place in hell.

CRASH
SouthTex99
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 1182 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.