***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,543,038 Views | 47726 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by P.U.T.U
P.U.T.U
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It does seem like something is going on in Belarus, no one has seen a convoy from Russia to there yet but several private type planes. Makes you wonder what the deal what with Prigozhin and Lukashenko
SmallBusiness
AgBank said:

Gradually and then suddenly.
One of my favorite Hemingway quotes.
Waffledynamics
AG
Quote:

Railway was blown up near Vladyslavivka village in occupied Crimea

https://liveuamap.com/en/2023/27-june-railway-was-blown-up-near-vladyslavivka-village-in
Waffledynamics
AG
Quote:

Ukrainian Defense Forces have success at Novodarivka Pryutne and Novodanylivka Robotyne directions

https://liveuamap.com/en/2023/27-june-ukrainian-defense-forces-have-success-at-novodarivka
JFABNRGR
AG
Violence of Action.
The lead guy coming out of the middle armor reminds me of Chapman.
I don't know if he survived out there alone but It made me think of Patton.

"it is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/14kaxl4/assault_of_1st_mechanized_battalion_of_the_28th/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
PJYoung
AG
LarryElder said:

Gordo14 said:

PlaneCrashGuy said:

That is awful. This has to end soon.

Russia can end it by leaving whenever they want. 70% of Ukranians want to continue until they recover all their lost territory.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/403133/ukrainians-support-fighting-until-victory.aspx

Russia is the party that forced this war on Ukraine. They are in the wrong. I would love for this war to end tomorrow, but Ukraine is fighting for their existence. Russia is fighting for imperialist fantasies of a dictator. Glad you're finally acknowledging how evil Russia's actions are.
UKE will have to negotiate they cant push Russia out
It seems like the past 16 months says differently - but maybe you're correct. We will see.
PJYoung
AG
lb3 said:

Teslag
AG
I think pushing them completely out of Crimea and Donbas would be a tall order. However, they can liberate a significant amount of occupied lands and should do so. National defense is the most fundamental duty of any government.
PJYoung
AG
Less tanks for the front.

PJYoung
AG
aezmvp
Teslag said:

I think pushing them completely out of Crimea and Donbas would be a tall order. However, they can liberate a significant amount of occupied lands and should do so. National defense is the most fundamental duty of any government.
I agree with this assessment. I also think Crimea would be a point where Putin might use nukes.
aezmvp
PJYoung said:

Less tanks for the front.

How the hell the Moscow unit didn't have a few tanks is beyond me. I guess memories of 91.
P.U.T.U
AG
Crazy on how well Wagner dealt with Russia without air support. Seemed similar to Ukraines success at the beginning of the war.
PJYoung
AG

Putin remains a master strategist.
Waffledynamics
AG
Quote:

Lukashenka: camps for Wagner are not being built in Belarus, but we will help them with accommodation if necessary - Belta
https://liveuamap.com/en/2023/27-june-lukashenka-camps-for-wagner-are-not-being-built-in

Take it for what it's worth.
PJYoung
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
More corroboration of the likely Ukrainian crossing of the Dnipro near Kherson:

Reported yesterday:
Quote:

2 person killed, 9 wounded as result of shelling in Oleshky in occupied part of Kherson region
https://liveuamap.com/en/2023/26-june-2-person-killed-9-wounded-as-result-of-shelling-in

Reported 3 hours ago:
Quote:

Fire near Kherson after bombardment with incendiary ammunition
https://liveuamap.com/en/2023/27-june-explosions-audible-in-kherson-after-reported-launch

Reported 2 hours ago:

Quote:

Explosions audible in Kherson after reported launch of guided bombs
https://liveuamap.com/en/2023/27-june-explosions-audible-in-kherson-after-reported-launch

Also, the General Staff of the AFU morning report has Russian air strikes reported on Oleshky.
Quote:

At Zaporizhzhia and Kherson directions Russian army shelled Temyrivka, Novodarivka, Levadne, Olhivske, Malynivka, Zaporizhzhya, Chervone, Huliaipole, Zaliznychne, Huliaipilske, Mala Tokmachka, Orikhiv, Scherbaky, Pyatykhatky, Lobkove of Zaporizhzhia region; Nikopol of Dnipropetrovsk region; Dudchany, Olhivka, Respublikanets, Lvove, Tyahynka, Burhunka, Kachkarivka, Mykolayivka, Zmiyivka, Antonivka, Naddnipryanske, Molodizhne, Inzhenerne, Zelenivka, Kherson, Bilozerka, Berehove, Dniprovske, Romashkove and Charivne of Kherson region and Ochakiv of Mykolaiv region. Russian aviation conducted airstrikes at Levadne and Oleshky, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the morning report
https://liveuamap.com/en/2023/27-june-at-zaporizhzhia-and-kherson-directions-russian-army
Teslag
AG
Things seem to be steadily falling for the Ukes over the past week or so.
MouthBQ98
AG
They will strain Russian logistics until they fail to resupply an area adequately for too long, then identify it through lack of defensive fires and break through it. It's pretty much a matter of time.
AgLA06
AG
aezmvp said:

Teslag said:

I agree with this assessment. I also think Crimea would be a point where Putin might use nukes.

He's bound to run out by now with all the times people have said he would do so.
Faustus
MouthBQ98 said:

They will strain Russian logistics until they fail to resupply an area adequately for too long, then identify it through lack of defensive fires and break through it. It's pretty much a matter of time.
Calls for peace are getting a little shrill in the other thread.
PJYoung
AG
With maps!

txags92
AG
Faustus said:

MouthBQ98 said:

They are terrified Russia might not win the war.
aggiehawg
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

Hard to believe the Russian military commanders have learned so little about their failures in logistics in the last 16 months.

They started out with that long convoy on one highway towards Kiev. Had the Ukrainians had the air power back then, it would been a repeat of the Highway of Death in Kuwait in the first Gulf War and over in the same amount of time.

Amazing.
NoVAag91
AG
aezmvp said:

Teslag said:

I'm interested in why you think the 'Crimea nukes' scenario might be a valid option. Deployed where? Such deployment would outweigh any consequences of the event itself, or from the opposing alliance?
MouthBQ98
AG
It might not be that they haven't learned. It may be that they have learned too late. Russia has always been reliant on methodically plodding forwards in major military engagement as their experience in doing so is WWII. They use rail heavily domestically and this also militarily. They don't have a huge number of cargo trucks in their military, or cargo handling equipment, as they have relied on manual labor in the past.

Now, they have more limited manual labor resources, and the war has taken a big toll on their already limited military trucking, so they are even more rail bound. Rail lines are route inflexible of course so the bridges and depots and yards can be targeted.

Russia is probably doing what they can, but in certain regions in the Ukraine battle area they have limited options, and limited resources, and if Ukraine can press logistical demand beyond its capacity, the Russians will locally run out of fuel, ammunition, food, reinforcements, etc. They will be very weak and unable to counter a determined attack in such a circumstance.
Teslag
AG
aggiehawg said:

MouthBQ98 said:

Hard to believe the Russian military commanders have learned so little about their failures in logistics in the last 16 months.

They started out with that long convoy on one highway towards Kiev. Had the Ukrainians had the air power back then, it would been a repeat of the Highway of Death in Kuwait in the first Gulf War and over in the same amount of time.

Amazing.

Large militaries, like any organization, are cultural and with that comes ingrained methods and tailored equipment hard to quickly change. The US army prides itself on mobility. It's always a recurrent theme from infantry to medical/support. Even the way the units are organized have this mind and have for decades. From the rapid deployment of entire divisions like the 82nd all the way to the forward logistic elements at the company level.
chickencoupe16
AG
Rossticus said:

Brave of him to fly through Russian airspace. I would have done my damnedest to take a southern route out and around Ukraine for fear that Putin may send some mid-flight greetings.
The Fife
Which of the Baltic countries would allow him through their airspace? I'm not sure he had that option.
P.U.T.U
AG
Russia's logistic are heavily rail based which is why they have efficient rail repair crews. This is why Ukraine is trying to focus on rail bridges that are a lot more difficult to repair. Or even better is attacking ammo depots next to rails that happened earlier this month that takes out a very large section of rails.

This is starting to look more like this time last year where Ukraine is taking our ammo and logistic centers while advancing. The big question is once you get to Crimea does Russia have more short range ship/sub based missiles to cover the island? I know they are running short on the longer range that can hit the mainland. Seems if they get on Crimea the first thing Ukraine needs to focus on besides the Kerch bridge again are the naval ports. Russia has fortified the sea side of the ports so drone boats may not be a viable option for a while
74OA
AG
Here's an update on the status of Prigozhin and Wagner.

Today's SITREP.
aggiehawg
AG
Question?

Are there still military ships patrolling just off of the Turkish straits leading to the Black Sea? Is that still a bottle neck for resupply of Crimea by sea?
RogerEnright
aezmvp said:

I also think Crimea would be a point where Putin might use nukes.
A great thing about the Prigy Freedom March is that he showed Putin will back down off his prior statements. This kills Putin's credibility as a hardliner and once again shows that he will back away from his word if the stress is high enough.

I think we all underestimate how time could actually be on Ukraine's side. They just have to keep the pressure on Russia and the West has to keep together. I believe the cracks in Putin's regime will help solidify the West's support.

nortex97
AG
Faustus said:

MouthBQ98 said:

LOL.

Sounds like the proxy war leadership position is a mess right now. The Ukrainians are getting desperate though, threatening the Zaph. nuke plant very directly, from shear desperation.

Go look for this video on reddit:
Quote:

UA pov: Video about how the 47th Specialized Brigade of the AFU is trying to attack in the Zaporozhye region. Explosions on anti-tank and anti-personnel mines, severed limbs and evacuation on the BMP M2A2 "Bradley".
This is the unit trained in Germany/equipped with Bradley's too, one of their very best. Horrors. That's the real tactical update today.
74OA
AG
aezmvp said:

Teslag said:

From the "10 Lessons" link I posted on 1123, I think this commentator is probably right: "It is worth emphasizing that on Saturday the threat to him (Putin) personally and to his regime was real. Both the risk and the humiliation were incomparably greater than anything that could happen in Ukraine. Compared to power in Russia, land in Ukraine is unimportant. After what we have just seen, no one should be arguing that Putin might be backed into a corner in Ukraine and take some terrible decision. He cannot be backed into a corner in Ukraine. He can only be backed into a corner in Russia."

The West should stop being self-deterred by Putin's incessant warnings of escalation in Ukraine, because only the threat of losing power in Russia is enough to back him into a nuclear corner.
First Page Last Page
Page 1125 of 1364

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.