***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,594,393 Views | 47835 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Rossticus
sclaff
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
seems to be a casual tidbit- assume south of the Dnipro?

JFABNRGR
AG
LMCane said:

interesting that the Ukes don't seem to be shifting all the units from the capture of Kherson to the Bakhmut sector..

It doesn't seem like they are currently needed to reinforce that area. That Bakhmut area seems to be dialed in with UKE artillery and drone strikes and the orcs just keep sending them to their death.

One big change in my observations is that very few pieces of armor are getting hit compared to most previous hits and now its orc infantry getting hit and being concentrated in larger numbers. There is a couple vids on reddit now where plattoon+ size elements getting hammered. Survivors laying in with dead all around them.

Meanwhile orcs keep striking energy grid.
“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
74OA
AG
Interesting discussion of the Russian fortifications being built in depth throughout Kherson oblast. Rather than an all-out Ukrainian offensive once the ground freezes and barring a sudden Russian collapse in the south, I suspect Kiev will seek to minimize casualties by continuing its artillery war of attrition on Russian LOCs while incrementally moving the line of contact towards Crimea.

NOT ENOUGH
FriscoKid
AG
LMCane
JFABNRGR said:

LMCane said:

interesting that the Ukes don't seem to be shifting all the units from the capture of Kherson to the Bakhmut sector..

It doesn't seem like they are currently needed to reinforce that area. That Bakhmut area seems to be dialed in with UKE artillery and drone strikes and the orcs just keep sending them to their death.

One big change in my observations is that very few pieces of armor are getting hit compared to most previous hits and now its orc infantry getting hit and being concentrated in larger numbers. There is a couple vids on reddit now where plattoon+ size elements getting hammered. Survivors laying in with dead all around them.

I would disagree based on the reports on Youtube coming out-

nearly all are showing minimal advances to the south and the north of Bakhmut to the point where one can see on the maps that an encirclement by the Russkies is the objective.

why not just throw in a few more units and completely annihilate Wagner when you have them maneuvering in the open?

I have seen MANY videos of the Uke troops in Bakhmut being interviewed and none of them are in high spirits and confident. They are getting ground down as well and living in horrendous conditions and badly outnumbered.
Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus
2000AgPhD
JFABNRGR said:

LMCane said:

WRT concentrating on the infantry, it looks like there are two potential reasons for that - one, RU forces have probably pulled most of their armor/SP back to avoid more losses as they will not be as useful in the Rasputsia/winter (as if that helped them much thus far), and two - targeting the mobiks/Wagner jailbirds the RU are using as cannon fodder is going to have a major negative impact on Russian morale. I think this will be an artillery and ground ponder war for the next several months.
Rossticus
74OA
AG
Today's SITREP.
JFABNRGR
AG
LMCane said:

JFABNRGR said:

LMCane said:

I would disagree based on the reports on Youtube coming out-

nearly all are showing minimal advances to the south and the north of Bakhmut to the point where one can see on the maps that an encirclement by the Russkies is the objective.

why not just throw in a few more units and completely annihilate Wagner when you have them maneuvering in the open?

I have seen MANY videos of the Uke troops in Bakhmut being interviewed and none of them are in high spirits and confident. They are getting ground down as well and living in horrendous conditions and badly outnumbered.
Looks like while you were typing this you missed the Wagner HQ hit post above you.

I also think units in Kherson will be staging/prepping/working on Melitopul area from Zap Nuke plant East to Donetsk. This area is of far more strategic value to Ukraine that Bakhmut and east of there.

I am sure wet cold muddy trenches are horrible for both sides. I have only seen one or two of those conditions in video but a lot of pics that were cut from the same two videos. I still see a very high morale on Uke side and none on orc side. As for Wagner there capability is likely severely down graded using untrained ex prisoners to backfill experienced combat veterans and now with downgraded armor/artillery assets. Experienced Wagner leadership at the squad/platoon/company levels is likely mostly dead or wounded.
“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
Rossticus

Rossticus
Rossticus
docb
AG
https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2022/11/30/russia-ukraine-live-updates.html

Wonder what this might be?
Rossticus
I'd guess that Ukraine has been able to natively manufacture either longer range missiles or drones that are capable of striking more deeply into either Russian held territory or military bases/airfields on Russian soil.

I know it's coming but this would be earlier than I'd expected if that's what it turns out to be.
docb
AG
Hope you are right! Rain hell down on the invaders!
Waffledynamics
AG
74OA
AG
Making Russia pay to rebuild Ukraine. Just do it.

PUTIN'S MONEY
Waffledynamics
AG

ETA: Full video here:

AstroAggie15
AG
Waffledynamics said:

ETA: Full video here:

Wow that looks like a movie…it's amazing the amount of footage we are getting out of this war
agcrock2005
AG
Are they all praying to Allah when they just hold their guns up and shoot a bunch?
lb sand
AG
Very interesting video. However it looked similar to some of that staged Chechen video from earlier in the war. I wish I understood Ukrainian to know what they were saying.
cslifer
I agree, seems like a propaganda video. Doesn't seem like actual combat footage.
Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG

ETA: May be false. Take with a grain of salt.
rgag12
AG
agcrock2005 said:

Are they all praying to Allah when they just hold their guns up and shoot a bunch?

The Ukrainian's propaganda videos are done a little bit better than the Chechen's.
LMCane
Soviet counteroffensive during the "Battle of Moscow" kicked off on 5 December 1941

the Ukes should do the same next week- imagine the Russkies spontaneously combust with indignation when they are cast in the role of the invading Germans...
The Fife
Waffledynamics said:

I wish this overhead shot was taken by a Uke drone that's about to bomb that bear. Sounds like Russia is launching missiles from places that are way out of reach of anything they could use to do something about it.
B-1 83
AG
If only the Ukes could do the same. I'll go out on a limb and say that Orc airbase would never see it coming.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Jack Boyett
AG
agcrock2005 said:

This is similar to some Afghanistan video on youtube. US forces shooting at Taliban was basically guys taking turns standing up behind some sandbags and unloading on some trees 2 miles away. Is this how infantry war is done?
Eliminatus
AG
Jack Boyett said:

agcrock2005 said:

This is similar to some Afghanistan video on youtube. US forces shooting at Taliban was basically guys taking turns standing up behind some sandbags and unloading on some trees 2 miles away. Is this how infantry war is done?

Small unit fighting at distances greater than 100m, yes. By and large.

Textbook is fire and maneuver. Suppress while other forces can get close to and finish off. Suppression is controlled spray and pray
Zobel
AG
that's how suppressive fire works...estimates for WWII range from 25k to 100k small arms rounds fired per casualty.
First Page Last Page
Page 949 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.