***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,591,997 Views | 47822 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by sclaff
jbeaman88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I would think so if China is joining the support of Ukraine
AgBank
AG
jbeaman88 said:

I would think so if China is joining the support of Ukraine
China? Perhaps you mean Turkey?
Rossticus
Rossticus
For those who'd be interested in this.

Rossticus
Waffledynamics
AG
Reported 9 hours ago on LiveUAMap as I type this:

Quote:

General Staff of Armed forces of Ukraine: Russian troops regrouping near Molochansk, leaving some positions and checkpoints
https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/22-november-general-staff-of-armed-forces-of-ukraine-russian

And about 2 hours ago on LiveUAMap as I type this:

Quote:

Explosions reported in Tokmak
https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/23-november-explosions-reported-in-tokmak

Is Ukraine softening the South?
Waffledynamics
AG
Also reported on LiveUAMap 9 hours ago as I type this:

Quote:

About 100 projectiles were launched today at Kherson
https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/22-november-about-100-projectiles-were-launched-today-at

And then 4 hours ago:
Quote:

Russian army again shelling Kherson
https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/22-november-russian-army-again-shelling-kherson

As predicted, Russia will try to shell Kherson because they can't have it.
74OA
AG
Today's SITREP.
Rossticus
Thread:
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1595255621456101378.html

74OA
AG
UN investigators have determined that Russian commanders ordered sexual assaults.

WAR CRIMES
Rossticus
Thread:
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1595377042903924736.html

Rossticus

74OA
AG
"As countries send their Cold War-era weaponry, much of it Soviet-designed, to Ukraine, many have received new hardware to replace it. As a result, the alliance is growing increasingly integrated, reliant not on mismatched Soviet-era stockpiles but on modern weapons that are often more interoperable even if acquired from different sources."

NATO
Rossticus
Rossticus
Faustus
Rossticus said:

Interesting read.
Thanks.
Rossticus
ABATTBQ11
AG
So, basically state terrorism
Rossticus
ABATTBQ11 said:

So, basically state terrorism

Attacking civilian infrastructure soft targets is the only thing they can successfully accomplish. Their military is isht, so they attack the one thing a isht military is capable of succeeding against… civilian targets.

Between deporting 5 million people through concentration/filtration camps and into Russia, and killing/driving out millions into Europe, it's classic ethnic cleansing and exemplifies that Russia's goal truly is to simply annex the territory for the benefit of Russians while eliminating the viable existence of Ukrainians as an independent ethnicity.

Pretty much the same play, from the same playbook, that Russia has run time and again for over a century, to include, on previous occasions in Ukraine.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
I don't think that plan by the Russians is having or going to have the outcome they think it's going to.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
LMCane
For the War Council:

once those Polish T-90 refurbished tanks cross into Ukraine, where would you as the UAF high command deploy them?

1. keep all 85 of them in one mechanized Corps and advance on Melitopol from the North

2. split them up into companies and deploy in defense at Pavlivka, Svatove, Bakhmut, Lysochansk

3. ferry them across the Dnipro and have them attack east through the middle of Kherson oblast to outflank the Russian forces from the West (just north of Crimean boundary)

4. other
Rossticus
Rossticus
Mykolaiv is already under Uke control. Do you mean Melitopol or Mariupol?
92AG10
AG
LMCane said:

For the War Council:

once those Polish T-90 refurbished tanks cross into Ukraine, where would you as the UAF high command deploy them?

1. keep all 85 of them in one mechanized Corps and advance on Mikoliev from the North

2. split them up into companies and deploy in defense at Pavlivka, Svatove, Bakhmut, Lysochansk

3. ferry them across the Dnipro and have them attack east through the middle of Kherson oblast to outflank the Russian forces from the West (just north of Crimean boundary)

4. other
1. Depends on logistics capability and capacity. Tactical employment is also a variable.

2. Armor should be used in combined arms offensive operations to maximize its effectiveness. A stationary tank is nothing more than a pillbox and can more easily be eliminated.

3. Ferrying main battle tanks across a river the size of the Dnipro would be time consuming and resource intensive. You would want to be in complete control of both side of the crossing and possess superior fires and control both on the ground and in the air.
knj2417
AG
Rossticus said:

If I'm returning to the trench to die, I'll be using that military issued pea shooter to smoke the dude whos slapping me first
Rossticus
That's no lie
AgBQ-00
AG

Interesting thought in this one. Basically, we are seeing the last of the Soviet civil war play out in Ukraine. And the US is doing all it can to eliminate the only foe who ever posed the threat of total inhalation to the US.
LMCane
Rossticus said:

as a human being I have pity for the Russian who was being beaten to get back into the trench.

notice the Ukes laughing at them-

there will be societal problems in Ukraine for decades after this is all over as many have now lost their humanity.

it will be worse in the rump Russian state though-

as wounded and traumatized males stream back into the cities and towns, where not only will there be less population growth, marriages and business development but increased alcoholism, suicide, and wife beatings.
74OA
AG
UK and US sending more gear to Ukraine.

AID
PACKAGE
LMCane
Rossticus said:

Mykolaiv is already under Uke control. Do you mean Melitopol or Mariupol?
You are correct

the Melitopol axis whereby the Ukes would cleave the Russian front into two and only have to drive south to the tip of the river

92AG10
AG
LMCane said:

Rossticus said:

as a human being I have pity for the Russian who was being beaten to get back into the trench.

notice the Ukes laughing at them-

there will be societal problems in Ukraine for decades after this is all over as many have now lost their humanity.

it will be worse in the rump Russian state though-

as wounded and traumatized males stream back into the cities and towns, where not only will there be less population growth, marriages and business development but increased alcoholism, suicide, and wife beatings.

As a combat veteran, the son of a combat veteran and the grandson of two combat veterans I'm real interested in hearing why you think this would occur.
74OA
AG
"The EU has provided 500 generators through its Civil Protection Mechanism with another 300 funded through humanitarian aid. Repair kits to mend damage on electricity grids were also provided." US has sent 200 generators, too.

HEAT
Rossticus
This would absolutely be my choice. Drive straight down the E105 from Zaporizhzia to the coast. Depending on the strength of the forces in Melitopol, possibly bypassing it in favor of simply severing supply lines and avoiding urban combat.

Establish defensive lines/blocking forces along that axis, and then drive westward, necessitating any Russian forces to either flee into Crimea, surrender, or he pinned against the river and destroyed.

Once you've accomplished this, Russia's ability to supply a southern front from Crimea will have been eliminated. All southern coastal Russian ports/bases will then be at risk and you'll be able to begin working to soften up both Crimea and the approach to Mariupol.
Ag In Ok
AG
Do something completely unexpected with a big upside - take Donetsk and proceed to hammer the remaining primary roads from Russia to Ukraine.
Then turn south to Mariupol.
Rossticus
First Page Last Page
Page 944 of 1367

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.