***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,592,014 Views | 47822 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by sclaff
lb3
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag In Ok said:

Do something completely unexpected with a big upside - take Donetsk and proceed to hammer the remaining primary roads from Russia to Ukraine.
Then turn south to Mariupol.
Donetsk would be tough right now. It has been in separatist hands for 8 years and I'm not sure how friendly the populace would be. The Ukraine loyalists have had plenty of time to depart in that time.
Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus
Waffledynamics
AG
92AG10 said:

LMCane said:

Rossticus said:

as a human being I have pity for the Russian who was being beaten to get back into the trench.

notice the Ukes laughing at them-

there will be societal problems in Ukraine for decades after this is all over as many have now lost their humanity.

it will be worse in the rump Russian state though-

as wounded and traumatized males stream back into the cities and towns, where not only will there be less population growth, marriages and business development but increased alcoholism, suicide, and wife beatings.

As a combat veteran, the son of a combat veteran and the grandson of two combat veterans I'm real interested in hearing why you think this would occur.
I'm not who you're asking, but this war seems to be showing some similarities to the world wars in terms of carnage, adjusted to a bit more modernized warfare. There were a lot of incredibly traumatized soldiers coming back after the war who typically got little to no treatment. Given Russia's treatment of their soldiers and civilians, I doubt they will care to help any of these poor men that are being thrown to die.
Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
Quote:

Russian FSB killed 3 person in Voronezh region of Russia, accusing them in being Ukrainian saboteurs plotting attacks at energy infrastructure
https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/23-november-russian-fsb-killed-3-person-in-voronezh-region
74OA
AG
Today's SITREP.
LMCane
Rossticus said:

Do the Russians think the actual objective is to never have two soldiers wearing the same uniforms or possessing the same kit or carrying their weapons the same way?

if so they are a really great army.

most of these guys look like a rabble

and are mutinying just like in 1917. it's frankly amazing that the Ukes have not gained MORE territory when they are fighting units that are basically a mob of untrained cannon fodder.

how is the FSB and Putin letting all these videos see the light of day?!?!
Jetpilot86
AG
Think of all the progress the Rus could make if the guards of the frontline troops could actually be deployed to fight.
Rossticus
Jetpilot86 said:

Think of all the progress the Rus could make if the guards of the frontline troops could actually be deployed to fight.

But then who would stop THEM from running away? They're Kadyrovites so they only fight well against air anyway.
Jetpilot86
AG
Rossticus said:

Jetpilot86 said:

But then who would stop THEM from running away? They're Kadyrovites so they only fight well against air anyway.

Who stops them now?
Waffledynamics
AG
On the Kupyansk/Svatove front:

Waffledynamics
AG
Really fascinating thread by Mark Hertling:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1595630801026428928.html

Waffledynamics
AG
chickencoupe16
AG
Jetpilot86 said:

Rossticus said:

Jetpilot86 said:

Who stops them now?
The fact that their opponents are scared conscripts with 2 weeks of training and rusty rifles.
Jetpilot86
AG
chickencoupe16 said:

Jetpilot86 said:

Rossticus said:

Jetpilot86 said:

Who stops them now?
The fact that their opponents are scared conscripts with 2 weeks of training and rusty rifles.

I meant the Kadyrovites.
chickencoupe16
AG
Jetpilot86 said:

chickencoupe16 said:

Jetpilot86 said:

Rossticus said:

Jetpilot86 said:

Who stops them now?

I meant the Kadyrovites.
Me too
Waffledynamics
AG
Yeesh. Russians are just getting annihilated in Bakhmut. Warning: dead bodies (but no gore that I could tell).

javajaws
AG
Waffledynamics said:

Yeesh. Russians are just getting annihilated in Bakhmut. Warning: dead bodies (but no gore that I could tell).

damn...one of those landed right on some guy's helmet
JFABNRGR
AG
74OA said:

Ukraine is a country of many flaws, most of them ingrained during decades of tutelage under its former Soviet Union masters. But unlike Russia, which preserved the mire of Soviet corruption, authoritarianism and dictatorship, Ukrainians have repeatedly fought for their independence and the right to improve their society and governance, despite often moving at a too-slow pace.

So, as I celebrate during this Thanksgiving week all that America has given me, I also salute Ukraine's courage in fighting for the same freedoms and prosperity I enjoy. I hope they prevail so they can continue to work to make their country better than what they inherited from the communists. After all, Russia's incessant aggression and the repressive, undemocratic world order it would like to impose are everyone's problem.

"Thanksgiving is an American holiday; arguably, the American holiday. But there is no reason that the objects of our gratitude have to be American. This year, I am grateful, above all, to the brave people of Ukraine for all their sacrifices and successes in the battle for freedom. They are fighting not just for the right to determine their own future. They are fighting for the universal principles embodied in our own Declaration of Independence."

GIVE THANKS

AMEN and Happy Thanksgiving to you, Ukraine, and all those in support of on this thread. So odd almost guilty like to eat such fine food in the comfort of our homes this day while they hunker down in bomb shelters wo power and fighting for their lives. prayers they get to celebrate their own Thanksgiving soon without worry of further threat.
“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
Waffledynamics
AG
Defmon3's update thread is a good read for the current situation:

Full thread for those without Twitter: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1595836750672322560.html

PJYoung
AG
DCPD158
AG
PJYoung said:

and how many billions have they lost in material. Quite a few billion it seems
Company I-1, Ord-Ords '85 -12thFan and Websider-
PJYoung
AG
Rossticus

Gilligan
AG
The US needs to bring home a lot of critical industries.
AlaskanAg99
AG
WTF, NATO and outer countries with defense treaties with the US are arming Russia?

Threaten to tear those treaties up if there isn't verifiable action. Maximum pressure include ALL trade agreements with the US. Not to exclude the removal of all US equipment and personnel from said countries.
Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
Quote:

Explosions were reported in Kharkiv and Chuhuiv after missile launches from Belgorod region
https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/25-november-explosions-were-reported-in-kharkiv-and-chuhuiv
Waffledynamics
AG
....Interesting.

Quote:

NATO Secretary General: The alliance does not have instructors on the ground in Ukraine
https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/25-november-nato-secretary-general-the-alliance-does-not
Demosthenes81
AG
Waffledynamics said:

....Interesting.

Quote:

NATO Secretary General: The alliance does not have instructors on the ground in Ukraine
https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/25-november-nato-secretary-general-the-alliance-does-not
The "alliance" does not have instructors but you can be damn sure the US, UK, France and others have people there.
P.U.T.U
AG
Waffledynamics said:

....Interesting.

Quote:

At this point if NATO says something it is a lie, several USA retired military personnel that have volunteered to help in Ukraine have stated we have had boots on the ground since before the war training the Uke soldiers and medical industry. Flat out lie
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
"retired"
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
First Page Last Page
Page 945 of 1367

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.