***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,583,208 Views | 47797 Replies | Last: 16 hrs ago by Eliminatus
74OA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

P.U.T.U said:

60 SU-35 jets cost an estimated $5.1 billion, all for a few thousand cheap drones. If this is true that is one of the worst financial moves ever
Does seem unlikely given those drones cost about $20K apiece per reports.

$5.1 billion/20K = approx: 250,000 drones.
Iran has been reportedly wanting to buy SU-35s for some time now. So maybe it was drones plus cash? Who knows……
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

I wouldn't be surprised if that is a give us the drones now and we will give you 60 SU35s as soon as we can make them for you.
The Wimpy deal: "I'll gladly pay you in jets on Tuesday, sometime in 2031 for drones today."
FamousAgg
P.U.T.U said:

60 SU-35 jets cost an estimated $5.1 billion, all for a few thousand cheap drones. If this is true that is one of the worst financial moves ever

FriscoKid
AG

Looks like no soldiers are crossing the river according to this guy. Only civilians.
FamousAgg
Id rather be blown up than kidnapped by Russia
JFABNRGR
AG
74OA said:

Pumpkinhead said:

P.U.T.U said:

Does seem unlikely given those drones cost about $20K apiece per reports.

$5.1 billion/20K = approx: 250,000 drones.
Iran has been reportedly wanting to buy SU-35s for some time now. So maybe it was drones plus cash? Who knows……
It probably includes 50-100 of the Zol***har missiles and a bunch of IEDs. (lol best use of word filter yet)

On the flip side, first vids of UKR destroying a tank with TOW and launching two Hell Fires on reddit. I am assuming the Hell Fires are laser guided by somebody on the ground or drone?

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/y93c9g/first_video_of_2_ukrainian_hellfire_missiles/

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/y95ctp/first_video_of_a_tow_missile_in_ukraine_seen_here/

Also multiple reports of HIMARS strikes on temp crossings in Kherson. I guess that answers my questions a few pages back.

and $50 billion new aid package in planning.

“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
Rossticus
How convenient. *cough* *cough* *bullisht* .

Based on precedent and previous reports I'm going with either Russian troops dressed as civilians or Russia forcing civilians into a corridor they'd been using that they knew would be hit.

If any civilians were involved then obvious prayers and sadness for their pain and loss but also all attributable anger directed at nobody other than the Russian occupation forces who put them in that situation.
Rossticus
With McCarthy coming out and saying that Ukraine is on their own after January I anticipated that. Just like Biden earlier in the year it's so stupid for politicians to signal intent at the detriment of material goals in favor of perceived political points.

Doesn't look like it will matter, though, as this amount is apportioned in anticipation that it will be sufficient to, when considered with other funding already authorized, cover aid to Ukraine through to the end of 2023. And from what I've read they haven't even fully begun to tap into lend/lease yet.

80sGeorge
AG
Rossticus said:

How convenient. *cough* *cough* *bullisht* .

Based on precedent and previous reports I'm going with either Russian troops dressed as civilians or Russia forcing civilians into a corridor they'd been using that they knew would be hit.

If any civilians were involved then obvious prayers and sadness for their pain and loss but also all attributable anger directed at nobody other than the Russian occupation forces who put them in that situation.

Totally believable

An earlier post from a Uke in Kherson said the soldiers were in civvies. You could spot them by the short hair and black caps. Then she had a pic on the docs with a group of men that fit that description.
Rossticus
Rossticus
Cat fight…

RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
Rossticus said:

Cat fight…

Germany responded with "Holodomor my Beer"
Rossticus
Rossticus
"Civilians"

Rossticus
Page from the Russian playbook.

Rossticus
Probably a good decision.

Rossticus
Thread:
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1583220349743005696.html

Rossticus
Robert C. Christian
AG
Rossticus said:

Cat fight…

If your justification is "well the nazis did it" that seems like a bad position to defend.
Rossticus
Good luck vatnik

Thread:
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1583154156764016640.html

Rossticus
You'd think so, right?
CondensedFogAggie
Rossticus
Human beings are just the worst sometime.

FamousAgg
Nazis still exist in Germany
Rossticus
This is pretty much just spitting in the eye of Turkey and Hungary.

Rossticus
aggiehawg
AG
Industrious and innovative people who can improvise. After only being outside of the Soviet union's thumb for 30 or so years they learned how to make do and create solutions to problems and have become very good at that.

Meanwhile, in Russia, they can't wipe their own butts without detailed instructions. And the Russians claim there are no cultural differences between them and Ukrainians.
Rossticus
Rossticus
If I had to summarize the last 8 months in a few seconds…

Rossticus
74OA
AG
Today's SITREP.
Waffledynamics
AG
benchmark
AG

Waffledynamics
AG

Beginning: blackout in Kyiv, new sanctions getting placed on Iran. Better than a crappy nuclear deal.

1:06: A lot of air raid sirens all day

1:09: Denys says that Russia has destroyed 40% of Ukraine's power plants

1:16: Discussion of Russia mining the Nova Kakhovka dam.

1:38: Denys shows a headline from an article that says China could invade Taiwan in the next few months.

2:39: Russia sending more troops to Belarus.

4:06: Putin actually left his bunker on a very performative visit to the troops. I'm sure that was very inspirational for them.

7:23: Denys gets his electricity back!

7:29: Footage of really shoddy Russian equipment.

9:36: More Russian outdated equipment in use.

10:14: An image displaying the route Russia takes to get across the Dnipro as they flee Kherson.

10:37: USA is ramping up pressure on Turkey.

11:52: Map updates. Not much to report. Recall that some areas (especially the Kherson area) are under media blackouts and are not being updated.

12:29: Denys speculates on a possible attack from Belarus. It still seems unlikely, but he goes over what might happen.
aezmvp
CondensedFogAggie said:

Man reminds me of the sauna we ended up flooding one of the Corps dorms with from the 4th floor down in 2000. Fun stuff.
First Page Last Page
Page 879 of 1366

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.