***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,583,185 Views | 47797 Replies | Last: 16 hrs ago by Eliminatus
CondensedFogAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CondensedFogAggie
CondensedFogAggie

"I will kill that *********mother****er with my own hands"

Rossticus
Rossticus
Better and more complete video, I think, than what I posted before. As a non-expert this footage very much seems to lend credibility to the explosion originating from the interior of the line.

Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus
Russia trying really hard to gin up things to pin on Ukraine at the moment. Even though trying to take out a bridge with one of these things would be a complete waste everyone is supposed to believe they're pissing off an exceedingly valuable resource. Pathetic.

Rossticus
It's just crazy the granular level of detail that these Russian mil bloggers have compared to everyone else. It's almost as if someone is telling them exactly what to say.

It's also quite interesting how much more Russian "success" they're suddenly reporting since they all collectively went silent for a bit a while back, purportedly getting their pee-pees smacked for angering the Kremlin with their less than positive reports. Now suddenly Russia is striking everything and Ukraine is targeting civilians. Hmmmmmm…

Rossticus
This sounds like it's literally a propaganda memo issued by the Russian MOD. They're straight running these mil bloggers now.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1583342168336629761.html
Rossticus
And because of recent Russian accusations I'm going to post this again.

Rossticus
sclaff
AG
FamousAgg
Rossticus said:

This sounds like it's literally a propaganda memo issued by the Russian MOD. They're straight running these mil bloggers now.

You have to use a tampon to stop the bleeding because patents? That's never stopped their buddy China from making anything
sclaff
AG
sclaff
AG
Another good thread by Mick Ryan, outlining latest Russian general Surovikin's upcoming strategy.
More realistic - pull back, consolidate positions, lengthen war, wait for the West to lose interest.
Unrealistic - belief Ukraine's will to fight can be broken by air bombardment.

LMCane
txags92 said:

74OA said:

LMCane said:

74OA said:

First specifics of the deal that I've read. "Reportedly, Russia traded more than 60 Su-35 to Iran in exchange for several thousand drones that they are now using to terrorize Ukrainian civilians and disabling elements of Ukrainian critical infrastructure."

EXPORTS
not sure I am buying an unsourced "reports may be that this happened" without any actual confirmation.

so out of the small stock of advanced Russian attack jets, they gave several squadrons to the Iranians and no one has commented on this yet?!

on a purely tactical level, 60 SU-35s can wreak a whole lot more damage than these small Iranian drones can.
Defense News is very reputable. I get the impression that the mullahs drove a hard bargain with a despertate Putin and both sides are still intent on denying any Iranian involvement.
I wouldn't be surprised if that is a give us the drones now and we will give you 60 SU35s as soon as we can make them for you.

agreed, but Defense News is NOT reporting this story is accurate.

they are quoting some other guy I have never heard of who is claiming it.

so it is hearsay in every sense of the word.
LMCane
sclaff said:

Another good thread by Mick Ryan, outlining latest Russian general Surovikin's upcoming strategy.
More realistic - pull back, consolidate positions, lengthen war, wait for the West to lose interest.
Unrealistic - belief Ukraine's will to fight can be broken by air bombardment.

do any Russians explain how prolonging a war actually helps Russia rearm, sell oil and gas, get rid of sanctions, end the destruction of their military equipment, puts conscripts back into the work force, and ends the deaths of Russians?

or a long war only hurts the West now?
94chem
BattleGrackle said:

Rossticus said:

You have to use a tampon to stop the bleeding because patents? That's never stopped their buddy China from making anything
By "make," they mean nobody will make it for them. You have to remember, Russia doesn't actually make anything.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Waffledynamics
AG

Quote:

Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu held telephone conversations with the US Secretary of Defense, the Russian Defense Ministry said. The parties discussed the situation in Ukraine and international security.
https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/21-october-russian-defense-minister-sergei-shoigu-held-telephone

Quote:

The Pentagon: Austin and Shoigu stressed the need to keep channels of communication open in the context of the war in Ukraine
https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/21-october-the-pentagon-austin-and-shoigu-stressed-the-need
Waffledynamics
AG
AlaskanAg99
AG
Yes, it hurts the west. The lack of reliability l cheap energy is going to crush European industry and markets. Yes they can get deliveries of very expensive NG. Yes, Biden is not helping them by easing ability for US O&G to ramp up. Yes OPEC+ is tightening production to hurt all the infidels and make bank. Yes, Putin is hoping to destabilize EU countries from within by a long protracted war that will cause civil unrest and probably hopes for governments to fail. Yes, Putin doesn't give two ****s about his own country men.
Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
ABATTBQ11
AG
BattleGrackle said:

Rossticus said:

You have to make the things that make things in order to make things yourself. Russia can't make the things that make things to make things, so they don't really make a lot of things.
sclaff
AG
LMCane said:

do any Russians explain how prolonging a war actually helps Russia rearm, sell oil and gas, get rid of sanctions, end the destruction of their military equipment, puts conscripts back into the work force, and ends the deaths of Russians?

I suspect Russia has rationalized that the West (US) will bail after the next Congress is seated. There sure are a lot of isolationist Republican candidates talking that way
Waffledynamics
AG
ABATTBQ11
AG
sclaff said:

LMCane said:

I suspect Russia has rationalized that the West (US) will bail after the next Congress is seated. There sure are a lot of isolationist Republican candidates talking that way

And that would be incredibly short sighted.
txags92
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

sclaff said:

LMCane said:

And that would be incredibly short sighted.
Short sighted is kind of what Congress does these days...or for the last 5 decades or so.
94chem
sclaff said:

LMCane said:

That simply isn't going to happen. The isolationist wackos may be yelling the loudest, but there is no way we are pulling out. We are getting an incredible return on our investment in Ukraine. So far, around $15 billion, no American lives lost, and a dictator being crippled. And in case you haven't figured it out yet, Russia, not the US, will determine how long this war lasts. As for Ukraine, they will fight to the last babushka and stray cat.

As for natural gas, heck yeah, we could be solving the European energy crisis, weaning the Far East off coal, and pouring the profits into alternative energy research, but our administration is more interested in crafting mandates than doing the hard work of business, trade, and science.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Waffledynamics
AG
Full thread: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1583441399764365313.html

Waffledynamics
AG
For those who like maps, this is DefMon3's map. He's pretty good.

https://www.scribblemaps.com/maps/view/Operational%20Map%20Ukraine/nBT8ffpeGH
94chem
Waffledynamics said:

Full thread: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1583441399764365313.html

Just insane. As if it weren't enough to be sent into a war to kill or be killed, imagine that you were being told to gun down Canadian or Mexican civilians.
94chem,
First Page Last Page
Page 880 of 1366

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.