***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,583,852 Views | 47797 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Eliminatus
SouthTex99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rossticus
Someone is going to be attacked by a window soon.

Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus
Sounds pretty obvious that Brits gave Russia a mulligan on this one, for obvious reasons. "Malfunction" my ass.

Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus
Whenever you hear this line… this is where it's coming from.

Rossticus
Sims
AG
To be fair, Russia has let a ridiculous amount of their armament fall into Ukrainian control when their guys tucked tail and ran. Russia considers Ukrainians' defense to be a terrorist operation within Russian territory...so in a roundabout way, they're not wrong.
Rossticus
LMCane

how in the heck can a T-90 be submerged in a river for a few weeks and still have a working engine?!
Rossticus
Didn't see anything to indicate it's working. Never moved under its own power. Going to need a complete rebuild.
LMCane
SouthTex99 said:

It this still just a "special military operation" that has removed all the fighting age males from the Russian population? Just curious what they are calling it these days.
"Campaign To Voluntarily Return Villages to Ukraine"

or in Russian CTVRVU
LMCane
Rossticus said:

Didn't see anything to indicate it's working. Never moved under its own power. Going to need a complete rebuild.
it looked like smoke was coming out of different parts, but maybe it was just water being expelled..
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
Rossticus said:

I'm starting to think this guy might like to seem like he knows more than he does. Watching the linked video he posted of the damage, that doesn't look like shape charge cut pipe to me. I say that as someone who has cut a lot of oilfield pipe using shape charges. here is a screen cap from the video:

yes it is a straight line cut but it also looks very clean. here is the shape charge hole punched steel sample on my desk

when you shape charge steel it tends to liquify and extrude the steel near the boundaries of the cut. This is 1/2 steel with a 1 inch hole in it. When you use a radial cuter on the OD of a piece of pipe, the signature look is that the pipe bells inwards at the cut due to the same effect you see on the edges of the hole on my sample. I'm not saying this wasn't NSW divers, just that as someone who cuts a lot of steel pipe, that doesn't look like shape charge cuts to me.
The Fife
Rossticus said:

CANN it for parts maybe? They'll find a way to use at least something there I'm sure.
AgLA06
AG
Have you considered the force of the gas pushed the bell outward?
Rossticus
That's good info. Thanks!! I've seen other takes that contradict this guy as well.

I really wish that these people who aren't subject matter experts in a given field would cite what and who they're basing their takes on so we'd know if a qualified individual discussed this with them or they're pulling things out of their ass after a bit of independent online research.
Rossticus
FriscoKid
AG
Eliminatus
AG
Hard agree. I remember first seeing the pics and immediately dismissing explosives. I have also used shape charges extensively in my past and not a single one ever looked like that. Not even close. And I was using precision made ones designed for precise cuts. The best the gubment had in stock. These are TOO clean IMO. I'm not an expert by any means by I know enough to raise an eyebrow at that assertion. Maybe a thermite bead line? That edge is simply too smooth. It looks either melted or just a machine made cut that simply came detached. Or something. I don't know. It's weird as hell to me actually. I just question conventional and known shape charges.
Rossticus
EDIT: Holy isht… this is the most ridiculous troll I may have ever seen. This is just a straight FU to most of the world. Wow.

javajaws
AG
I'm certainly no expert (so read all this as speculation) but to me it looks like a split from too much pressure inside the pipe...which would imply an explosion from inside. Also, the concrete casing seems to be missing around the split. If this was caused by an external shaped charge wouldn't some of that concrete get embedded in the steel? Where as an internal explosion might have caused that casing to simply flake off.
Malibu
Why do they still have a border patrol inside of their own country?
Rossticus
Rossticus

Waffledynamics
AG
Zobel
AG
Water can't be cold enough to be in ductile to brittle transition temp range of the steel right? Then again it is Russian.

Lends some credence to the hydrate plug shot theory.
Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
ABATTBQ11
AG
LMCane said:

how in the heck can a T-90 be submerged in a river for a few weeks and still have a working engine?!

Made to be amphibious and ford with snorkels. Engine can also be rebuilt.
FriscoKid
AG
Ag In Ok
AG
I wonder how much if this is real and how much is a Uke psyop. They have really taken well to the digital battle field - with so many poorly armed or trained conscripts with cell phones are on the other side of the river….
FriscoKid
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 877 of 1366

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.