***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,584,470 Views | 47797 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Eliminatus
Rossticus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
lb3 said:

Or just restrict the movements of saboteurs.

That's a lot of political risk and potential internal backfire for something that, to this point, has been a relatively minor factor in the grand scheme of things.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Rossticus said:

We sure that's not this?

The Armed Forces of Ukraine destroyed the Russian ammunition depot in Popasna: a powerful explosion was captured on the video - Militarnyi
Rossticus
Since they've been paying for the sat images out of pocket I'd assume that they confirmed that this specific crater wasn't there prior to September. Doubt they'd have specified a date range if they didn't have a prior sat image that supported it.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Rossticus said:

Since they've been paying for the sat images out of pocket I'd assume that they confirmed that this specific crater wasn't there prior to September. Doubt they'd have specified a date range if they didn't have a prior sat image that supported it.
Agree. Just weird something like that occurred and there was no mention of it? But if you search for an explosion in Popasna there are countless discussion wrt how massive that ammo depot explosion was.
Rossticus
Ducks4brkfast said:

Rossticus said:

Agree. Just weird something like that occurred and there was no mention of it? But if you search for an explosion in Popasna there are countless discussion wrt how massive that ammo depot explosion was.

I'm thinking that maybe some things just fall through the cracks with the sheer volume involved at this point.
Rossticus
Not a Bot
AG
Not a Bot
AG
Rossticus
Rossticus
BigOil
AG
Private PoopyPants said:

Looks like a droid from Star Wars
txags92
AG
Rossticus said:

And the orcs will just veto anything they propose in the meeting. Useless to let rogue nations like Russia and Iran even participate.
txags92
AG
BigOil said:

Private PoopyPants said:

Looks like a droid from Star Wars
Or Call of Duty.
Rossticus

Rossticus
JFABNRGR
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

Rossticus said:

I think this building was fertilizer storage and not ammo. You can see the elevator and trailers in pre explosion pics typically used for fertilizer.
“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
bonfarr
AG
Rossticus said:

Are those the Iranians the Ukes reported seeing? Would be nice to have a Predator with a Hellfire lurking overhead when those Iranian trainers go to work.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
CondensedFogAggie
Rossticus said:

It's a prudent business decision. Ukraine has been an unimaginably effective advertising grounds for HIMARS. A ton of countries are probably showing interest.

Just like how the Patriot missile systems were sold around the world after continuously intercepting Scuds.
CondensedFogAggie
Rossticus said:

I guess they concluded drone guided precision artillery is the future of war in potential eastern European battle grounds.
lb3
AG
CondensedFogAggie said:

Rossticus said:

It's a prudent business decision. Ukraine has been an unimaginably effective advertising grounds for HIMARS. A ton of countries are probably showing interest.

Just like how the Patriot missile systems were sold around the world after continuously intercepting Scuds.
The Patriots used in the gulf war were terrible against the Scuds. Israel finds no evidence that any Patriot ever took out a scud missile and is why they developed the Arrow Missile. At best, the Patriots used in the liberation of Kuwait had about a 6% success rate against Scuds targeting Israel. The PAC-3 missiles have come a long way since the PAC-2s however.
B-1 83
AG
The "stealthiest" drone wins.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Rossticus
Rossticus
74OA
AG
Today's SITREP.
2000AgPhD
Rossticus said:

The Ukes may want to rethink their identification symbols. Last time I saw those was on German Panzers outside of Warsaw...
Rossticus
MouthBQ98
AG
GAC06 said:

20,000 AMRAAM is roughly five missiles per aircraft in Russia's pre-war inventory, not counting existing stocks. Seems more likely a good excuse to just restock while the purse strings are open, like I said before.

Taiwan…
Eliminatus
AG
74OA said:

Today's SITREP.

Denials of weapon usage is why I am convinced all of the Russian reporting is solely for the duping of their own people as it is painfully obvious that they are lying to the rest of the world.

Also, a quick "ACKTUALLY " moment. Cruise missile =\= ballistic missile. Not even close. Always makes me wince to see that assertion that they are equivalent , like that article does. Figured they'd make the distinction.

Ok, off the high horse now.

Thanks for the link
Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
Eliminatus
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

GAC06 said:

20,000 AMRAAM is roughly five missiles per aircraft in Russia's pre-war inventory, not counting existing stocks. Seems more likely a good excuse to just restock while the purse strings are open, like I said before.

Taiwan…

My thinking exactly. This is literally the perfect opportunity to stockpile our advanced munitions for our next conflict. For it is definitely coming. It is simply our nature at this point. Stockpile under the guise of arming Ukraine. Even with the capabilities of our best goodies, war is still war and we will never have enough of them. We also have a history of starting major conflicts completely flat footed (at least on the ground) so it would be nice to see the opposite of that.
FriscoKid
AG

I don't care if it's fake. It's pretty cool.
Rossticus

Poot
Not to derail the thread… but could you enlighten a novice on the misconception where it comes to cruise/ballistic?
Not a Bot
AG
https://science.howstuffworks.com/difference-ballistic-cruise-missile.htm

Easy to understand article. Ballistic missiles fly on a ballistic trajectory, meaning they are fired up into the air and fall down with gravity after running out of fuel. The trajectory and speed of return to the ground and make them very difficult to target with anti-air defense.

A cruise missile flies lower to the ground and is in controlled flight throughout the duration of the flight. It flies a flatter trajectory like an airplane.
First Page Last Page
Page 871 of 1366

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.