***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,591,902 Views | 47822 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by sclaff
Waffledynamics
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rossticus said:

I'd assumed that the Bahkmut offensive was being most heavily supplied from Severodonetsk/Lysychans'k. Whether that's actually the case, I don't know, but proximity and highway connectivity would (superficially at least) seem to dictate that as the most effective primary supply hub.

Yes, but I would imagine rail is vastly more preferred than trucks, especially since we've seen Russia's trucks in action. That rail line to Severodonetsk and Lysychansk is the same one that runs through Kupyansk and Svatove. It's cut. Are they driving trucks everywhere now?
aezmvp
Waffledynamics said:

Rossticus said:

I'd assumed that the Bahkmut offensive was being most heavily supplied from Severodonetsk/Lysychans'k. Whether that's actually the case, I don't know, but proximity and highway connectivity would (superficially at least) seem to dictate that as the most effective primary supply hub.

Yes, but I would imagine rail is vastly more preferred than trucks, especially since we've seen Russia's trucks in action. That rail line to Severodonetsk and Lysychansk is the same one that runs through Kupyansk and Svatove. It's cut. Are they driving trucks everywhere now?
Rail is direct into their hubs but their final mile is truck borne just like everyone else.
Rossticus
Waffledynamics said:

Rossticus said:

Absolutely. But, if the rail line from the north is severed then I don't see what other options they have unless there is an eastern or southern line into Severodonetsk. If not then they're screwed.

That also means that fuel would have to come in on trucks instead of by rail as well. That's a huge deal.
Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics said:

Potential update:

Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus
Waffledynamics
AG

It doesn't look like the map has updated yet, but that's not the best news for Ukraine. They need to stop the advances on the Donetsk line. Hopefully that happens soon with the recent changes to the North.

Edit:

Rossticus
Waffledynamics
AG

Waffledynamics
AG
Quote:

Air defense shot down 3 Shahed drones on the way to Odesa and Mykolaiv
https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/7-october-air-defense-shot-down-3-shahed-drones-on-the-way
Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus
Yet another exhibit as to why anyone who thinks that Russia will negotiate for peace in good faith is naively hopeful. Russia will negotiate for gains, re-fit, then come back to finish the job… and get revenge on the west.

P.U.T.U
AG
So they are using a plane that some thing is close to the F22 to drop unguided bombs? That makes a lot of sense...
GAC06
AG
Closest equivalent would be an F-15
Rossticus
Rossticus
lb3
AG
Rossticus said:

Waffledynamics said:

Rossticus said:

Absolutely. But, if the rail line from the north is severed then I don't see what other options they have unless there is an eastern or southern line into Severodonetsk. If not then they're screwed.

That also means that fuel would have to come in on trucks instead of by rail as well. That's a huge deal.
Once the mine dispensing artillery shells arrive, road born logistics will slow to a crawl and the Russians will be using human pack mules to transport their ordinance, food, and fuel to the front. They should consult the NVA on how to do this under cover of darkness.
Ag In Ok
AG
Hmm. He clearly supports invading Romania and Moldova. Though he has a point, time is not on their side so long as Ukraine has a decent peacetime leader.
Rossticus
Rossticus
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1576403804551106560.html

JB!98
AG
Rossticus said:

The old spray and pray method. I sure their accuracy is unmatched.
Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG

Denys notices the slow down to start off the video. Ukraine is further solidifying gains in the Northeast. He believes an attack on Svatove happen next week.

At 2:42, Denys says he expects one more counterattack somewhere, though he's not saying where he expects it to be. He expects a lot of hot fighting this autumn until the winter time.

A lot of the information has already been covered here, but it's still a good video.
74OA
AG
Today's SITREP.
AlaskanAg99
AG
JB!98 said:

Rossticus said:

ABATTBQ11
AG
JB!98 said:

Rossticus said:

They have like 2 rocket pods each and a bunch of empty pylons. No way that's a combat mission.
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
P.U.T.U said:

So they are using a plane that some thing is close to the F22 to drop unguided bombs? That makes a lot of sense...

You are thinking of the Su-57. That's their 5th gen tighten and to my knowledge we haven't seen them in action in this
Rossticus
aezmvp
BlackGoldAg2011 said:

P.U.T.U said:

You are thinking of the Su-57. That's their 5th gen tighten and to my knowledge we haven't seen them in action in this
They have lost 1 or 2 out of their inventory of 10 or so. Theyre involved but not recently.
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
aezmvp said:

BlackGoldAg2011 said:

P.U.T.U said:

They have lost 1 or 2 out of their inventory of 10 or so. Theyre involved but not recently.

Thanks must have missed that. Glad to hear of them losing some of their "premier" aircraft.
Rossticus
Ukraine is going there… nice.

Rossticus
Rossticus
First Page Last Page
Page 823 of 1367

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.