***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,591,903 Views | 47822 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by sclaff
JFABNRGR
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
a couple minutes of beauty to appreciate amongst all the death and destruction. Several of you on here know exactly what these moments can be like and God Bless you for it.

“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
jobu93
AG
damn. that was a litter crew carrying a wounded buddy. I know they're Russians but that still hit me in the feels.
JFABNRGR
AG
New deadlier types of ammo for HIMARS. I am not sure about the anti-tank mine AT2 delivery from HIMARS. Article references parachutes but I believe all of those have been from european smart munitions on top down smart munitions.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidhambling/2022/10/05/new-types-of-ammunition-make-ukraines-himars-far-deadlier/amp/
“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
JFABNRGR
AG
Damn I don't know this lady but if she is like this in all other manners, I am a big fan.

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
74OA
AG
oldmanguy said:

damn. that was a litter crew carrying a wounded buddy. I know they're Russians but that still hit me in the feels.
That was a lot of knock-down for what looks to be a ~20mm munition. Mobility injuries, but still..........
cone
AG
pretty ****ed up all the way around
Waffledynamics
AG
Quote:

Russia deployed Shahed-136 drones at Luninets airfield in Belarus, - "Zakhid" Territorial Defense forces
https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/7-october-russian-deployed-shahed136-drones-at-luninets-airfield
FriscoKid
AG

Oh, it's getting real
rgag12
AG
That speech reminded me of Texags during/immediately after a game only without directly calling for a coaches head
FriscoKid
AG

"What about RPG's?" (Speaking of using them against UAF tanks?)
"They are all fart guns against them"
Rossticus
Bregxit said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Starlink starting to fail and/or Russia has figure out how to jam it

Or is Elon having a tantrum over the twitter exchange earlier this week?

Wouldn't put it past him. Because of his wealth and success people like to forget that he IS still on the spectrum and demonstrates the associated emotional and behavioral deficits in addition to impulsive behavior stemming from them.
TXAggie2011
AG
Rossticus said:

Bregxit said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Starlink starting to fail and/or Russia has figure out how to jam it

Or is Elon having a tantrum over the twitter exchange earlier this week?
Wouldn't put it past him. Because of his wealth and success people like to forget that he IS still on the spectrum and demonstrates the associated emotional and behavioral deficits in addition to impulsive behavior stemming from them.
He responded to the tweet saying the story doesn't correctly report how much money SpaceX has spent out of pocket on this.

Dude needs a lesson in "staying in your lane."
Rossticus
Please forgive the doofus whose Twitter account this is coming from. Posting because the response to his tweet is pertinent.

Rossticus
Seabreeze
"No one understands this, we're sitting here like f%cking r%tards under artillery fire"
Proc92
Any chance these intercepted phone calls and the video of the surrendering Russians at a predetermined location are fake/propaganda? There is no reason to doubt the pervasive info wars going on more than any other war before.
Rossticus
Rossticus
Proc92 said:

Any chance these intercepted phone calls and the video of the surrendering Russians at a predetermined location are fake/propaganda? There is no reason to doubt the pervasive info wars going on more than any other war before.

Since it's been indicated that it was a pre-arranged surrender on the part of the Russians I can definitely see Ukrainian forces taking steps to capture the event for dissemination as "propaganda". Nothing has come to light that suggests that it's altogether fake, however.
Waffledynamics
AG
Rossticus
It's almost exactly halfway between Davydiv Brid and Dudchany on the E/W axis as Ukraine advances south so that draws a pretty clear picture of the current line.

Russians are trapped between the Inhulets and Dnipro and Ukes are driving them southward. Ultimately, they've got nowhere to run. They're boned.
PJYoung
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
Some Russian progress near the Bakhmut area. They may have captured a village to the South of Bakhmut.

Waffledynamics
AG
Reported Ukrainian progress in the Luhansk region. Still waiting for confirmation.

Waffledynamics
AG
This is maybe 1 or 2 km from where the frontline is, on the Russian-occupied side at least per LiveUAMap.

Gilligan
AG
This!
Waffledynamics
AG
Rossticus
What is with Russia's hardon for Bahkmut at the expense of reinforcing the line between Kreminna and Svatove?
Waffledynamics
AG
From the UK Ministry of Defense this morning:

Waffledynamics
AG
Rossticus said:

What is with Russia's hardon for Bahkmut at the expense of reinforcing the line between Kreminna and Svatove?
Not sure he's mentioned it as much lately, but Denys Davydov explained before in his videos that they want to get Bakhmut in part because it could give them a way to reach Kramatorsk and Slovyansk from the Southeast. I'm sure it's also a nice logistical get.

Edit: Added a map screenshot. See that M-03 highway.

FriscoKid
AG
Rossticus said:

I think they want the huge wine cellar that is one of the biggest in the world with some really old wines. Destroying that would be a real blow to morale in Ukraine.
Rossticus
Waffledynamics said:

Rossticus said:

Not sure he's mentioned it as much lately, but Denys Davydov explained before in his videos that they want to get Bakhmut in part because it could give them a way to reach Kramatorsk and Slovyansk from the Southeast. I'm sure it's also a nice logistical get.

Edit: Added a map screenshot. See that M-03 highway.

To my understanding the main supply routes for that area have been from the north, which will be completely severed if Ukraine's attacks between Kreminna and Svatove successfully continue to progress. The forces near Bahkmut will be choked out as a result.

Wouldn't their ability to capitalize on success at Bahkmut be predicated on preserving their northern supply route or do they have sufficient ability to feed Bahkmut from the south?
Waffledynamics
AG
I'll be honest, that's a good question, and I have no idea. I was thinking more of the affects on Lysychansk and Severodonetsk if Svatove and Kreminna fall back in Ukraine's hands with the assumption that the more South you go, the less the Russians are reliant on that rail line as they get other avenues for GLOCs.

Edit: Actually, that rail line from Svatove is already cut. It goes to Kupyansk, which is already in Ukrainian hands.

What the hell is Russia doing? I know it's Wagner there, but really?
LMCane
aezmvp said:

The laser stuff is really cool. I wonder how well it would work against 100% kinetic objects though? I wonder how you would effectively counter it? Maybe terrain hugging missiles but since lasers are directional detection is going to be a ***** if the laser defense systems get small enough.

I am hearing that the laser weakness is actually from the weather,

that high cloud cover or very cold can make it perform badly

and that is why the defense batteries include both Iron Beam and Iron Dome (Tamir Missiles) so that the computer selects the best weapon to fire based on conditions.
Rossticus
I'd assumed that the Bahkmut offensive was being most heavily supplied from Severodonetsk/Lysychans'k. Whether that's actually the case, I don't know, but proximity and highway connectivity would (superficially at least) seem to dictate that as the most effective primary supply hub if they have no direct rail access in Bahkmut.
First Page Last Page
Page 822 of 1367

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.