***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,593,962 Views | 47834 Replies | Last: 46 min ago by B-1 83
ABATTBQ11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have. I bet staff is asleep

ETA Although maybe they want that sweet, sweet Russian propaganda money, since I see Ivan has a star.
Rossticus
I mean, if that doesn't prime you to head off to war, then I don't know what will.

Rossticus
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1577727949591253022.html

Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus
CondensedFogAggie

What a song and lyrics, represents Ukraines attitude completely.

Quote:

[Chorus]
Go on home, russian soldiers, go on home,
Because here we'll mix you all with the swamps,
From Stryi to Volnovakha you can hear "go **** yourselves",
Here's where work the AFU1 and TDF2.

[Verse 1] - Ukrainian

We don't need no conflict or war,
But we're ready to send you all to the devil.
Thousands are already dead, and still huylo3 keeps sending more
There is nothing here for them except a coffin.

[Chorus]

Here's where work the AFU and TDF.

[Verse 2] - Russian

Came to liberate us, brother? Well, hello! (Go **** yourselves!)
On our land we have for you a single answer. (Go **** yourselves!)
Our people armed with bricks all think nothing of your tanks,
You won't take us in a hundred thousand years.

[Chorus]

[Verse 3] - English

Mr. Putin, on behalf of all our guys (**** you!)
No one's scared of your nuclear device,
You can take your Topol-M and shove up your wrinkled bum,
Or we'll come and help you fit it in, you scum.

[Chorus] x4

Go **** yourselves!

1AFU: Armed Forces of Ukraine
2TDF: Territorial Defense Forces of Ukraine
3huylo refers to putin from the popular phrase "putin huylo" (putin is a ********)
Ulysses90
AG
James Light said:

Agthatbuilds said:

James Light said:

Thats funny but didnt Russia recently annex all the territory they went for? Like 2 days ago?

That 98% vote was totally legit. Totally.

The annexed territories are ethnically Russian. They speak Russian. They are Orthodox Christian. They have been getting bombed by Kiev since 2014. Yeah I believe 98 percent voted for Russia reunification

Almost everyone in eastern Ukraine is a native Russian speaker because it was illegal to teach Ukrainian language in schools during the Soviet era. I have a Ukrainian friend from Kharkiv in his 50s that can't speak Ukrainian because he was never taught it growing up but he considers himself Ukrainian.

The "Russian speaking" or "ethnically Russian" argument has been nothing but a trope created by Moscow since the beginning. The Russian separatist movement has always been political but it rested of the false claim of persecution based on ethnic differences. There are many examples on the web of Russian POWs professing surprise that their Ukraininan captors are native Russian speakers because they swallowed the same lies from the Kremlin that you have.
JFABNRGR
AG
James Light said:

Agthatbuilds said:

James Light said:

Thats funny but didnt Russia recently annex all the territory they went for? Like 2 days ago?

The annexed territories are ethnically Russian. They speak Russian. They are Orthodox Christian. They have been getting bombed by Kiev since 2014. Yeah I believe 98 percent voted for Russia reunification

Out of curiosity how come Kviv wasn't bombing these annexed areas prior to 2014? Or did something nefarious occur that triggered this need?
“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
craigernaught
AG
I speak English therefore Texas is the domain of King Charles.
Corporal Punishment
AG
Ulysses90 said:

James Light said:

Agthatbuilds said:

James Light said:

Almost everyone in eastern Ukraine is a native Russian speaker because it was illegal to teach Ukrainian language in schools during the Soviet era. I have a Ukrainian friend from Kharkiv in his 50s that can't speak Ukrainian because he was never taught it growing up but he considers himself Ukrainian.

The "Russian speaking" or "ethnically Russian" argument has been nothing but a trope created by Moscow since the beginning. The Russian separatist movement has always been political but it rested of the false claim of persecution based on ethnic differences. There are many examples on the web of Russian POWs professing surprise that their Ukraininan captors are native Russian speakers because they swallowed the same lies from the Kremlin that you have.
Now THIS is a real reply to an unpopular post. The rest of you calling for his banning are extremely weak. If the troll is posting bullshyt, he should be easy to swat away, like Ulysses has done here. Blue star.
Who?mikejones!
JFABNRGR said:

James Light said:

Agthatbuilds said:

James Light said:

Out of curiosity how come Kviv wasn't bombing these annexed areas prior to 2014? Or did something nefarious occur that triggered this need?

Little green men
fasthorse05
ABATTBQ11 said:

Staff needs to come in and ban this stupid jimmy sock
Well, FWIW, I love this thread and all of y'alls efforts to educate and keep me informed.

Read it everyday, and I'm grateful for the information and opinion.
benchmark
AG
Should read NW, W, SW. This is what we'll likely see in the south as they approach Berislav and Nova Kakhovka. RU retreats and other reinforcements are strengthening their rear lines of defense. We may not see the same UKR rapid advances we've seen the last few weeks. However, these bubbles also create a target rich environment.

74OA
AG
The Fife
Don't know how to link from Live UA Map but

Quote:

Russian Tu-22 M3 bombers launched Kh-22 missiles from Belarusian airspace against Khmelnitsky region earlier today, for the first time since August

Looks like they're back to using anti-ship missiles from outside UA Airspace again. Nothing was noted about how effective it was though. I had to look it up and it really looks like a bad B-1B knockoff, and the same goes for the TU-160. Wouldn't mind seeing either or a Bear go down at some point during this mess.
wangus12
AG
74OA said:

Saw this last week. While we are seeing Ukraine make some really good advancements, we also have to remember that they are losing soldiers daily and families are left empty.
Waffledynamics
AG
Evacuations and human trafficking:

Quote:

Occupation authorities announced evacuation of social and medical facilities from Svatove and Kreminna

https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/6-october-occupation-authorities-announced-evacuation-of

Who?mikejones!
They gonna nuke kherson?
Ag In Ok
AG
They need to skip Kherson and hammer the entry point from the Crimea and take melitipol.
AgLA06
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

They gonna nuke kherson?
benchmark
AG
74OA
AG
New sanctions on Russia. EU
agcrock2005
AG
Well this is getting a little more scary...
LMCane
Private PoopyPants said:

aggiehawg said:

Obligatory: When you've lost Iran....

No worries. They still have North Korea and maybe Zimbabwe.
which is more important for the war effort:

hundreds of Iranian drones being provided to Russia which are bombarding Ukraine-

or some liar in Teheran claiming they don't support meaningless referundum?
ABATTBQ11
AG
Those drones were there before the referendums, and the fact that even Iran won't recognize them means Russia will never be able to rely on the annexation internationally. They couldn't take the regions militarily, an the political annexation had failed as well.
LMCane
Rossticus said:

I mean, if that doesn't prime you to head off to war, then I don't know what will.

1. Those troops like they have come right out of casting in a Soviet movie from 1974.

2. That woman has more medals than General Shoigu- impressive!
LMCane
ABATTBQ11 said:

Those drones were there before the referendums, and the fact that even Iran won't recognize them means Russia will never be able to rely on the annexation internationally. They couldn't take the regions militarily, an the political annexation had failed as well.

do you really think Putin cares if the international community recognizes his sham referendum?

it was all done for internal political reasons

and as a justification for continuing the war. most Russians will never hear about the world condemnation.
AgLA06
AG
With their ego?

Of course he cares.

Doesn't really matter though. Just like everything else in this war.
Waffledynamics
AG
AgLA06
AG
That's my personal hope. Split the Russian held east from the south all the way to the Sea of Azov. Force Russia to resupply Crimea either by the one bridge or by boats. Then go after Crimea through the back door from the northeast.
ABATTBQ11
AG
He doesn't personally care, but there will be never be any international help when it comes to defending borders no one recognizes in the way that Ukraine is being assisted by NATO. The only help he's going to get is countries willing to sell him weapons because they like money, but they're not going to give anything beyond that.

His escalation options are limited as well. If he attempts to use nukes, there will be 0 support and probably a loss of neutrality in many nations. Right now there are a lot of countries not sanctioning Russia, mainly India and China, but those countries don't want that precedent set because they're nuclear powers at odds with other nuclear powers. They could move towards sanctions for opening that Pandora's box, and that would really put Russia in a bind.
Ag In Ok
AG
Given Putin's shenanigans, they may want to peel back and take back the nuke plant.
Rossticus
Burrus86
AG
What is the probability that the Ukes can get some armor across the Nova Kakhovka dam? They are getting close to capturing the western approach to the dam.
First Page Last Page
Page 817 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.