***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,593,958 Views | 47834 Replies | Last: 45 min ago by B-1 83
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
James Light said:

Agthatbuilds said:

James Light said:

Thats funny but didnt Russia recently annex all the territory they went for? Like 2 days ago?

That 98% vote was totally legit. Totally.

The annexed territories are ethnically Russian. They speak Russian. They are Orthodox Christian. They have been getting bombed by Kiev since 2014. Yeah I believe 98 percent voted for Russia reunification
the account was created tomorrow.

smells like paid Russian bot as he is offensively pro-Russian
James Light
Rossticus said:

James Light said:

Rossticus said:

James Light said:

Thats funny but didnt Russia recently annex all the territory they went for? Like 2 days ago?

I just annexed the rest of the houses on my street. It's legit because I say so. Also, I peed in their bushes. They're mine. They have to move out now. They voted to leave. I have their votes in my pocket. They say they didn't vote but they did.
Well did you have the homeowners agree to it and shake hands with you??

Totally. They can't prove they didn't.
We have pics of the leaders of the territories annexed.
C@LAg
Who?mikejones!
We also have pics of people voting at the end of a gun. What's your point?
Rossticus
James Light said:

Rossticus said:

James Light said:

Rossticus said:

James Light said:

I just annexed the rest of the houses on my street. It's legit because I say so. Also, I peed in their bushes. They're mine. They have to move out now. They voted to leave. I have their votes in my pocket. They say they didn't vote but they did.

You mean the original leaders from before Russia invaded or the ones that Russian occupation forces appointed after they invaded and much of the pre-war population relocated?

And, who is "we"?
Drillbit4
AG
txags92
AG
James Light said:

Agthatbuilds said:

James Light said:

That 98% vote was totally legit. Totally.

The annexed territories are ethnically Russian. They speak Russian. They are Orthodox Christian. They have been getting bombed by Kiev since 2014. Yeah I believe 98 percent voted for Russia reunification
Obvious Putin bot is obvious...
txags92
AG
James Light said:

Rossticus said:

James Light said:

Rossticus said:

James Light said:

Who is "we"? You and your buddy Putin?
CondensedFogAggie

Apologies if repost, but holy cow that crew and infantry is lucky!

That being said, immediate disembark, takes cover, returns fire in the direction of the assault for other crew to get out.

These seem like reasonably well trained Ukrainians.
C@LAg
CondensedFogAggie said:

Apologies if repost, but holy cow that crew and infantry is lucky!

unreal
Rossticus
lb sand
AG
That's some 1917 **** right there.
Slave ukraini
Rossticus
CondensedFogAggie

Well look at what we got here

FriscoKid
AG
James Light said:

This right here is the troll post. Start here and work forward.

As much as I despise the mods for banning me for saying "shut up" to another poster. I do think something needs to happen here. This is a good thread and it's getting overrun right now.
CondensedFogAggie
Rossticus
Looks like Putin may whack his buddy…

Rossticus
Rossticus
https://english.nv.ua/nation/ukraine-continuing-to-push-forward-in-kherson-luhansk-says-isw-ukraine-war-50274750.html

DukeMu
Let's not derail the thread. It's fantastic.

Here's the % of votes in the 1991 Independence Referendum for each oblast. Crimea was the only oblast close to 50%.

wangus12
AG
When even the Russian state media is starting to freak out about how the war is going, I'm not sure you can saw supporting Ukraine is supporting a lost cause.

And don't be daft, the chances Russia pulls the nuclear card are still low. Maybe higher than earlier this year, but they know doing so is a zero win situation for them.
Rossticus
Rossticus

Rossticus
deddog
AG
So the Ukes couldn't hold the line initially. Is there a real danger that they overstretch themselves as they take back territory? The Russians don't seem competent enough to launch a counter counter, but still.
p_bubel
New York, Ukraine.

I figured it was a goof. It's a tough language to follow.

Quote:

The settlement first appeared on maps in 1846 under its original name of New York and was then situated in the Yekaterinoslav Governorate of the Russian Empire. The wife of one of the founders was from the United States.The precise origin of the settlement's name is unclear. According to official data, in 1859, the village consisted of 13 households, 45 male residents, 40 female residents, and a factory and was formally named Oleksandrivske.

German-speaking Mennonites bought the settlement in 1889, and in 1892, formed the colony of New York from seven settlements. The town used to thrive through its industry, but it fell into decline after World War I.In 1941, all Germans still living in New York were deported to Kazakhstan. On 19 October 1951, by decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the Ukrainian SSR, the village was renamed Novhorodske
Eliminatus
AG
deddog said:

So the Ukes couldn't hold the line initially. Is there a real danger that they overstretch themselves as they take back territory? The Russians don't seem competent enough to launch a counter counter, but still.

Always a danger for any attacking force. However, for it to really matter I'd assume a force of at least minimum several hundred Russians would be needed to actually threaten anything strategically. That would require coordination and supplies. Neither of which the Russians seem to be capable of. Plus a body of men that size moving would be noticed real quick I am sure and quickly targeted by indirect fire.

I just don't think the Russians are capable of anything meaningful in the immediate attack area with what we have seen to date.
fullback44
AG
Interesting article on how the Russian Oligarchs are desperately trying to negotiate with the EU, UK, US and other countries to get there frozen assets back. The article says it's very unlikely to happen unless these people denounce the war publicly ( against Putins war ) and even then the sanctions are meant to help stop the war, negotiation's with the very Oligarchs that helped enable it aren't what Ukraine and the West wants. Strange situation, some or most of them just want their assets back and don't care about future Russian ties.. not sure any of this even makes any sense ?

In short many of these Oligarchs don't even live in Russia anymore and they obviously don't want the war because of the imposed sanctions on their assets from the west, they have proposed giving large sums of their money to help rebuild the Ukraine … let's see how this eventually plays out ?

https://ridl.io/could-ukraine-embrace-a-nbsp-sanctions-buyout-mechanism/
Rossticus
And now… Russia Bros perspective…

ABATTBQ11
AG
Staff needs to come in and ban this stupid jimmy sock
Rossticus
Putie-Pie getting ready for crack downs? Things may really be about to blow up.

fullback44
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

Staff needs to come in and ban this stupid jimmy sock
Flag his post … I'm fixing to turn him off, he's probably some young kid just in here to constantly derail the thread for his own enjoyment ….. this thread has gone on too long to have someone like him come in and constantly derail it
C@LAg
He started his own thread as Ben suggested so that is a start.
fullback44
AG
Rossticus said:

Putie-Pie getting ready for crack downs? Things may really be about to blow up.

This could add some heat to the kitchen .. those outlying areas are already about to boil over with the call up of all the new soldiers, especially the older men .. things may blow up quickly .. I know many people over their don't want the war, if they continue to lose even more soldiers and the oligarchs start speaking up from abroad this may get interesting fast.. let's hope Putie doesn't go nuclear
ABATTBQ11
AG
deddog said:

Big differences between then and now. The Ukrainians were happy to trade ground for time and inflict heavy losses in the Russians while they planned and prepared for this counteroffensive. It was a true strategic withdrawal. We gave the Ukrainians HIMARS and artillery that could match the Russians, and they used it to great effect to degrade their capabilities. The Russians also lost a lot of their best troops while Ukraine was gaining experience and better weapons.

With severely degraded logistics and heavy losses, the Russians are rolling over in many areas. The Ukrainians will be able to use natural barriers to pin the Russians and/or consolidate their gains in many areas.

It's doubtful the Russians could launch a counterattack, but even if they did, the Ukrainians are smart and seem to be well organized. They've taken a lot of ground very quickly, but they're still able to supply these units and keep the offensive going. I think they'll be fine.
First Page Last Page
Page 816 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.