***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,614,517 Views | 47853 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by 74OA
CondensedFogAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://instagr.am/p/CigOLODundQ
Quote:

Russian Sailor interrogation

+ Where did you go?
- We went in direction of, Somewhere close to Izyum.
+ Were you advancing or retreating?
- No idea. We were regrouping.
+ Where are you from?
- Kazan.
+ Are you Tatar(umbrella term for different Turkic ethnic groups)?
- I am.
+ Why the **** you are here?
- Dumbass.
+ What?
- I am dumbass.
+ You are not even Russian, blyat.
- They sent me.
+ Why the **** you are here?
+ Your rank and position?
- Able seaman.
+ What seaman?
- Able seaman.
+ A Tanker and seaman?
- Yes.
+ Floating tank?
- No, I am telling you, I never rode a tank before. They sent me there. After one week training they sent me.
+ And where did you serve in Navy?
- Senior torpedoist.
+ Formation?
- SCM - Supply Chain Management
+ And what fleet?
- Well, it's like, Baltic. But it's not a fleet, it's like an armory. Ammo was stored there.
+ Where are yours? (Comrades) Are they here?
- They went away.
+ ****, you are lucky one, dude. Yours are lying here, on the road
CondensedFogAggie
CondensedFogAggie

Not that anyone here is surprised by this, but they really are scraping the bottom of the barrel for cannon fodder.
CondensedFogAggie

Translation:
Quote:

"Good job kid, don't shoot at us! let's do it this way, you won't give us money, but we will make a small investment into your checkpoint, and you will keep standing and patrolling" and hand him the bracelet
docb
AG
It certainly appears Kherson will be liberated in the near future. Where's the next push likely going to be?
74OA
AG
Here we go. DIRTY
CondensedFogAggie
CondensedFogAggie

Your average soccer mom from the suburbs of Fort Worth has better armored trucks and weapons inside of it.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
GeorgiAg said:

Wow. Ruskies paying the price. Artillery hit, then they back the car to right where it hit before. Not so smart, Ivan.

More evidence Russians are taking civilian cars to try to save their miserable lives? This one surely didn't pay off.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
FriscoKid
AG
That's pretty awesome. I hate it that so many of their soldiers have died fighting for their freedom from an oppressive and ugly raping and criminal invasion, but I bet these guys and gals would do it all over again if asked to. They are fighting for their freedom and their families.

**** Putin. All of this ****was unnecessary.
YouBet
AG
CondensedFoggyAggie said:

Your average soccer mom from the suburbs of Fort Worth has better armored trucks and weapons inside of it.
That's basically a funeral procession.
benchmark
AG
For context, see below pic of one of the downstream Inhulets river crossings that will likely be affected by the dam bombing yesterday. Probably not a crisis but a major inconvenience to the Ukrainian salient about 50 miles NE of Kherson.

benchmark
AG
From yesterday. These SARM bridge sections could be very effective to span damaged bridge sections at Daryivka and Nova Kokhovka. They're probably not very useful over longer bridge spans at the Antonovskiy bridge near Kherson. Yes, they would be targeted ... but they can also be replaced by another SARM section.

PJYoung
AG
PJYoung
AG
benchmark
AG
ElKabong
Always enjoy Peters videos.

benchmark
AG
Good listen ...
Burrus86
AG
Thank y'all to those who update this thread. I check it several times per day to stay current on what's going on in Ukraine. I also appreciate the links provided, and it allows me to further research the subject.
AgLA06
AG
ElKabong said:

Always enjoy Peters videos.

That was really great. Who is that guy?

I almost spit coffee at "you kids have fun".
AgLA06
AG
PJYoung said:

Sure looks like global leadership who is in Putin's pocket is becoming more obvious by the day.
SouthTex99
AG
Ag In Ok
AG
Given the state of the German military, this sounds more like the drum beat to increase spending and training.
SouthTex99
AG
AgLA06
AG
Ag In Ok said:

Given the state of the German military, this sounds more like the drum beat to increase spending and training.

That doesn't seem to match with their current leadership dragging their feet on equipment promises contrary to the will of the country.

People can say what they want. An armed, progressive Germany scares me. I see them looking to take the place of pending Russian power vacuum in that sphere of influence. Armed to the teeth and holding financial leverage through their financial domination is just concerning. Prior history not included.
ElKabong
Check out his videos on the coming collapse of China. Very encouraging in spite of the chaos that will cause.

According to Peter globalism is done and America is positioned better than any other country to ride out the turmoil.
74OA
AG
It took Putin two decades to remold the Russian army. I'm not sure he has enough time left to start over again.

"Barros said that it will likely take "a generation to recreate" the Russian officer corps, which is "definitely going to have a long-term strategic impact on the net assessment for Russia's conventional military."

GUTTED
AgLA06
AG
SouthTex99 said:

He's well known geo political strategist and author of 4 books you'd probably really enjoy. I'm almost through his latest one "The End of the World is Just Beginning". It is excellent.

He's known for using demographic trends as a crystal ball to peer into the future. Not optimistic on China's staying power.

There's practically nothing I his Wiki other than his books. I looked at his website and his ideas and books intrigue me. However, him being a part of a think tank in Austin gives me pause. The geopolitical maps he has of the world are extremely fascinating by themselves. And it's a topic I've always been interested in.
txags92
AG
AgLA06 said:

Ag In Ok said:

That doesn't seem to match with their current leadership dragging their feet on equipment promises contrary to the will of the country.

People cansay what they want. An armed, progressive Germany scares me. I see them looking to take the place of pending Russian power vacuum in that sphere of influence. Armed to the teeth and holding financial leverage through their financial domination is just concerning. Prior history not included.

Germany is a very long way from being in a position to threaten anybody militarily. They would need help to defend themselves against poland in their current state.
74OA
AG
Why Ukraine's east is so important to it.

"A transport hub, an arms factory and a gas field: Ukraine recaptured vital areas east of Kharkiv from Russia in a matter of days."

KEY CITIES
FriscoKid
AG
one MEEN Ag
AG
AgLA06 said:

SouthTex99 said:

He's well known geo political strategist and author of 4 books you'd probably really enjoy. I'm almost through his latest one "The End of the World is Just Beginning". It is excellent.

He's known for using demographic trends as a crystal ball to peer into the future. Not optimistic on China's staying power.

There's practically nothing I his Wiki other than his books. I looked at his website and his ideas and books intrigue me. However, him being a part of a think tank in Austin gives me pause. The geopolitical maps he has of the world are extremely fascinating by themselves. And it's a topic I've always been interested in.
Judge him by his merits. His long form youtube videos where he speaks at conferences are incredible.

He also does suffer from a bit of TDS but don't throw the baby out with the bathwater, he has good things to say about Trump's foreign policy and TDS doesn't change opining about China and Russia's population decline.
74OA
AG
Here's a solid theater-wide overview.

STATUS
ABATTBQ11
AG
74OA said:

It took Putin two decades to remold the Russian army. I'm not sure he has enough time left to start over again.

"Barros said that it will likely take "a generation to recreate" the Russian officer corps, which is "definitely going to have a long-term strategic impact on the net assessment for Russia's conventional military."

GUTTED

Spoiler alert: He didn't remold it. It's the same army it always was.
74OA
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

74OA said:

GUTTED

Spoiler alert: He didn't remold it. It's the same army it always was.
Actually, I think "remold" is spot-on. Putin changed the army's shape with battalion tactical groups and other "reforms" but failed to alter its corrupt composition.
First Page Last Page
Page 751 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.