***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,616,471 Views | 47853 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by 74OA
B-1 83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aggiehawg said:

Just what all is this beast capable of jamming?
GAC06
AG
A dirt road
FCBlitz
AgLA06 said:

SouthTex99 said:

I cannot imagine how Americans would react to having 10,000 American troops surrender as POWs in one battle. Cannot fathom it. Immediate change in leadership starting with POTUS.

Ehhhh....might want to tap the brakes on that one. Our military is the best in the world, but we've had some embarrassing moments of our own the last 100 years. Every country does. Most turn it into stories of heroes instead of failure.

Kasserine Pass
Task Force Smith
Desert One (Iran Hostage Situation)
Chosin Resevoir
Tet Offensive

I would agree with Chosin Resevoir. For sure. And the rest except the Iran hostage mission. It was a suicide mission and those guys still went. Think you JC.

B
AgLA06
AG
B-1 83 said:

aggiehawg said:

Missiles, radars, GPS, nothing? I think the point is we now get to figure that out.
AgLA06
AG
FCBlitz said:

AgLA06 said:

SouthTex99 said:

I cannot imagine how Americans would react to having 10,000 American troops surrender as POWs in one battle. Cannot fathom it. Immediate change in leadership starting with POTUS.

Ehhhh....might want to tap the brakes on that one. Our military is the best in the world, but we've had some embarrassing moments of our own the last 100 years. Every country does. Most turn it into stories of heroes instead of failure.

Kasserine Pass
Task Force Smith
Chosin Resevoir
Tet Offensive

I would agree with Chosin Resevoir. For sure. And the rest except the Iran hostage mission. It was a suicide mission and those guys still went. Think you JC.

B

I almost didn't include it except it made our SpecOp community look as incompetent as the Russian paratroopers at Kiev airport. And thankfully big changes came from it.

But we digress.
GeorgiAg
AG
fullback44 said:

If Ukraine wanted to take this one step farther and speed things up.. they would send a bunch a f supply trucks loaded with vodka to the Russians .. instead of the Russians running off they would find them passed out in all the houses they occupied.. give them each a couple bottles of vodka and a white surrender flag
And Adidas track suits.

Burrus86
AG
GeorgiAg said:

fullback44 said:

If Ukraine wanted to take this one step farther and speed things up.. they would send a bunch a f supply trucks loaded with vodka to the Russians .. instead of the Russians running off they would find them passed out in all the houses they occupied.. give them each a couple bottles of vodka and a white surrender flag
And Adidas track suits.

Maroon Adidas track suits....or GTFO.
Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG

Another 83 vehicles visually confirmed by Oryx.
AGS-R-TUFF
AG
LMCane
javajaws said:

Waffledynamics said:

Bag said:

so, does anyone have a succinct current status of the overall war? its hard to understand who is winning at this point/

Russia's getting their asses handed to them at the moment. Ukraine just took back a lot of land in the Northeast and is threatening the South.
But Russia still holds significant Ukraine land. I think this current offensive has taken back, what, less than 10% of what they have lost so far (not including Crimea)? Anybody have a better estimate?
definitely wrong

you can see on Denys Davidov maps on his posted youtubes in this thread, all the green areas are areas recaptured from the Russkies.

they have certainly recaptured just as much territory as they have lost, meaning at least 100% of the size of what the Russians still have they already have lost back to the Ukrainians

even the past 2 weeks is well over 10%, it includes nearly the entire territory of Kharkiv Oblast down to Lyman!
Waffledynamics
AG
LMCane
javajaws said:

AgLA06 said:

Don't see your point. In a week they undid what took the supposed second greatest military 3 months to take in a meat grinder.
I was responding to a post about how Ukraine was doing and was trying to give a general estimate of the current Ukraine offensive and how it relates to land still occupied by Russia. Basically THIS map:

So while the offensive is great for Ukraine (purple areas)...let's not forget all that area in red:

You are still wrong- you are using a map not showing the huge amount of territory retaken by the Ukrainians around Kyiv and to the east of the dnieper

it is also showing white in the central kharkiv oblast - where Uke forces just liberated all that territory to the west of the Donbass up to the Oksil river and that is not being shown either. and half that red zone was taken 8 years ago.
TXAggie2011
AG
I think it can both be true that Ukraine has retaken huge swaths of its territory but that Russia still holds a huge swath and this war may not yet be over any time.
pocketrockets06
AG
I mean more than that surrendered in the Philippines in WWII and we did just fine. Surrenders of that size are significant but they aren't war ending on their own.
Waffledynamics
AG
AGS-R-TUFF said:

Interesting. At 4:14, he says that Russia is afraid that Ukraine will move their forces into Mariupol from the North, and also he mentions that Ukraine is gathering forces near Zaporizhzhia, possibly for a Melitopol attack. The latter is especially notable given reports that Russians are leaving Melitopol.
LMCane
TXAggie2011 said:

The Russians do still have the "land bridge to Crimea" thing to hang their hat on and push out to their adoring public. They can dig in hard on that if they want to.

Their forces in the south have seemed much more together and competent throughout this whole ordeal. They have actual defense in depth in Kherson. Not saying Ukraine can't unhinge them there, too, but the Russians have handled themselves better down that way
Okay, but you do realize that the Kherson troops ARE SURROUNDED by Ukrainians and a major river that the Russians can't cross anymore?!

adding troops to a surrounded cauldron pocket is now "competent" and handling things better?!
LMCane
Waffledynamics said:

AGS-R-TUFF said:

Interesting. At 4:14, he says that Russia is afraid that Ukraine will move their forces into Mariupol from the North, and also he mentions that Ukraine is gathering forces near Zaporizhzhia, possibly for a Melitopol attack. The latter is especially notable given reports that Russians are leaving Melitopol.
has anyone tried to explain why the Russkies were beaten in the western Donbass, but then retreat from well entrenched defensive positions 100 miles north which ARE ON THE RUSSIAN BORDER and can be easily re-supplied from Belgorod?!?!

the Russians had those defensive positions north of Kharkiv for 3 months now!
AgBQ-00
AG
AgLA06 said:

FCBlitz said:

AgLA06 said:

SouthTex99 said:

Kasserine Pass
Task Force Smith
Chosin Resevoir
Tet Offensive

B

I almost didn't include it except it made our SpecOp community look as incompetent as the Russian paratroopers at Kiev airport. And thankfully big changes came from it.

But we digress.

Would not include Tet. It was a surprise attack and the commies got their asses handed to them. The only embarrassment there is how the media framed it.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

What is left at Mariupol? Most civilians have been killed. Steel plant bombed into oblivion.
rgag12
AG
Nobody knows, and nobody will know until later when Russians involved in the operation start talking and we can sift through truth and propaganda.
aggiehawg
AG
rgag12 said:

Nobody knows, and nobody will know until later when Russians involved in the operation start talking and we can sift through truth and propaganda.
Years later? Ten? Twenty? Fifty?
rgag12
AG
aggiehawg said:

rgag12 said:

Years later? Ten? Twenty? Fifty?
Just like any war, after the smoke clears there will be a multitude of articles and memoirs written by Russians and Ukrainians who fought. I don't imagine it will take long to get some out there, but a lot of credible accounts won't come until the conflict is winding down and finished.

No idea when the war ends, but I don't think it will be 5+ years
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Just like any war, after the smoke clears there will be a multitude of articles and memoirs written by Russians and Ukrainians who fought. I don't imagine it will take long to get some out there, but a lot of credible accounts won't come until the conflict is winding down and finished.

No idea when the war ends, but I don't think it will be 5+ years
Probably correct.

Timelines for this stuff has changed a lot.
LMCane
AgLA06 said:

FCBlitz said:

AgLA06 said:

SouthTex99 said:

Kasserine Pass
Task Force Smith
Chosin Resevoir
Tet Offensive

B

But we digress.
just to finish up this one- Battle of the Bulge nearly the entire US Army 106th Division surrendered in one day.

2/3 of US Army Division Surrenders 19 December 1944
LMCane
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

aggiehawg said:

That is just freaking insane. Had to be out of petrol and no re-supply?
but what are the Ukes going to do with all this captured Russian equipment?

as they continue to move to more and more NATO equipment, that Red Army stuff is going to be mostly junk.

can they even melt it down and use the steel and parts for other weapons?
txags92
AG
aggiehawg said:

The one thing I haven't heard talked about was the orc's fuel situation. I think a lot of these pieces of equipment left behind probably were either fuel hogs that they knew wouldn't get far in a retreat, or they had to pick vehicles that would hold more troops and put all the fuel in those to get away with a chance to make it someplace they perceived to be safe
74OA
AG
Today's SITREP.
fullback44
AG
Russians cant even drive there own military equipment..

https://instagr.am/p/CiZqfhjg7hi
fullback44
AG
American MRAPS .. those look pretty tough

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CiX6UpJgjoz/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y%3D

Not sure the vid won't post ?

ABATTBQ11
AG
LMCane said:

Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

aggiehawg said:

That is just freaking insane. Had to be out of petrol and no re-supply?
but what are the Ukes going to do with all this captured Russian equipment?

as they continue to move to more and more NATO equipment, that Red Army stuff is going to be mostly junk.

can they even melt it down and use the steel and parts for other weapons?

That can use both. Or sell it. Or use it for OpFor. Lots of things.
GarryowenAg
AG
Yuck, they can keep those damn things. MaxxPro's are the most uncomfortable wheeled vehicle I ever rode in. I had MaxxPro Plus and Caiman Plus MRAPs in my platoon, and there was a reason I chose the Caiman as my command vehicle.
FriscoKid
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

What is left at Mariupol? Most civilians have been killed. Steel plant bombed into oblivion.

Lots and lots of evidence of war crimes. And, some of the people that lived there would probably like to return. It's not all destroyed. There are lots of memories remaining.
FriscoKid
AG
If I had land before Putin started this stupid experiment then I would want it back as a civilian. If I was a soldier over there then that's what I would be fighting for

It's not Russia's land. Putin can't just claim it and have his army rape, kill, harass, and steal what they want. We teach our kids this when they are two years old. "No swipes, that's not yours"
Faustus
B-1 83 said:

aggiehawg said:

A little Bob Marley given a little juice.
First Page Last Page
Page 747 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.