***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,544,982 Views | 47727 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by 74OA
Ulysses90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brewskis said:

3rd and 2 said:

MeatDr said:

That's heroic but terrible. I'm sure the US had drones to do that. Why weren't the given to them.

We don't have that capability with drones either. We'd have to resupply the same way they did. The average American far overestimates drone capability….

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -James Madison
74OA
AG
We're working on it. GLIDER
MeatDr
AG
Another failed river crossing by Russia.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Ulysses90 said:

Brewskis said:

3rd and 2 said:

MeatDr said:

That's heroic but terrible. I'm sure the US had drones to do that. Why weren't the given to them.

We don't have that capability with drones either. We'd have to resupply the same way they did. The average American far overestimates drone capability….

Only a 40 mile range. Not sure you could realistically reach them with that platform. You'd have to stage and launch basically from the front lines. You'd also be making a lot of trips. Even if you used their largest model, a helicopter carries 20x the weight.
AGS-R-TUFF
AG
74OA said:

Very interesting resupply unit…silent, low infrared/radar signature, designed to minimize detection by SAM systems.

This could have helped at Azov. But I'm also thinking, how nice if these could glide in a few missiles to blow up the Crimean naval port.
2000AgPhD
It seems that people still fail to realize that lives mean nothing in Russia. Putin will kill as many Ukrainians - and Russians - as it takes to realize his aims.
74OA
AG
Ukraine: No ceasefire.
Waffledynamics
AG
Heavy fighting in the East.

benchmark
AG
Never get tired of these B52 drone videos.
74OA
AG
Not a very reliable source and probably wishful thinking, but we can always HOPE.
74OA
AG
74OA said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

74OA said:

Artorias said:

Is anyone expecting Ukraine to hold out/win long-term without more extensive assistance from other countries?
We just approved $40B more in aid and Europe has ensured Ukraine currently has more tanks than it did at the start of hostilities. I see no slacking in assistance so far.

I think he means extensive additional assistance over the long term. They will be hard pressed to continue this war long term without outside help because the Russians have the numbers and stockpiles. Even with what has been given, Ukraine will continue to require assistance for the foreseeable future.

It might not be a bad idea to set up training facilities in Poland and start putting Ukrainians through American basic, then off to other schools before deploying to the front. If we know this war will go on long term and they have the volunteers, train them like we train ourselves. Train them on more of our equipment, then give it to them.
They are getting it. For Example

I posted this many pages back and it suggests Ukraine has a fundamental training base in place which, in combination with tens of thousands of soldiers now having extensive combat experience, should provide enough cadre to train the flow of replacements. Training on western systems will require assistance, of course. PROGRESS
More. A long war requires long-term support. 40 nations on board and counting. AID
GAC06
AG
And all one way trips taking about an ammo can per trip
MeatDr
AG
A bit longer map thread today. Posting some tweets that seem the most pertinent to me and pasting the text of some others, but for full thread you can go to the link. https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1528388686169223168.html

The situation in Popasna is particularly difficult to assess. For days Russian sources have claimed quite significant gains, with several villages reported captured. However, we have no visual evidence of these claims so far in any village except Komyshuvakha.
It has been cloudy for the past few days, meaning satellite imagery analysis is not helpful, neither is fire hotspot detection.
Independent reporting is quoting UA forces in saying that Russia is around 5km from the outskirts of Soledar, meaning near Volodymyrivka.
And that the Bakhmut-Lysychansk highway has come under artillery and even small-arms fire in recent days, suggesting further that Russian troops are relatively close to that road.
74OA
AG
AGS-R-TUFF said:

74OA said:

Very interesting resupply unit…silent, low infrared/radar signature, designed to minimize detection by SAM systems.

This could have helped at Azov. But I'm also thinking, how nice if these could glide in a few missiles to blow up the Crimean naval port.
Yep, designed to be a cheap throw-away, the glider can be tossed 40 miles and carry 1,600lbs of cargo autonomously to within 100 meters of its aim point.
MeatDr
AG
NLAW, not Javelin.
CondensedFogAggie

Annexation, sure. Let's see how that goes Russia
CondensedFogAggie

13 or 15th attack on an enlistment office so far, who knows the real number
CondensedFogAggie
Polish President becomes first foreign leader to address the Ukraine parliament since the start of the war.

GAC06
AG
Remember when Russian fanboys were telling us Poland was about to invade western Ukraine? I remember
ABATTBQ11
AG
GAC06 said:

And all one way trips taking about an ammo can per trip

No, their larger model can move 400 lbs, and you can sling a load beneath them. You just need a bigger throughput and wild need dozens or hundreds making trips with a spare battery to send them back.

There is a lot of potential there for certain missions, but supplying a couple of battalions probably isn't one.
74OA
AG
Wild. Looks like all three crew got out.

GRIM
74OA
AG
As much as possible, Russia must be made to foot the bill for Ukraine's reconstruction. BILLIONS

"Russian foreign exchange reserves in the hundreds of billions are sitting in foreign accounts state assets that have been frozen in the wake of the sanctions. Normally, international law protects this money, because it originally belongs to Russia. But Putin can no longer invoke international law. The entire world has witnessed the Russian army's war crimes, day after day.

That's why money from these assets should be transferred to Ukraine in monthly installments, so that Kyiv can cover the running costs of the state: Pensions for pensioners, salaries for public servants, repair and reconstruction of the infrastructure destroyed by the Russians."
CS78
74OA said:

GRIM

Is there a way to see the reddit links without an account?
74OA
AG
CS78 said:

74OA said:

GRIM

I don't have an account and it plays for me just by selecting play.
JFABNRGR
AG
74OA said:

GRIM

I think those 2 may have been riding on top. Either way ought to be counting their Blessings.
Jetpilot86
AG
74OA said:

CS78 said:

74OA said:

GRIM

I don't have an account and it plays for me just by selecting play.
On my iThings, it only works in the Reddit app. Haven't tried on a PC.
Who?mikejones!
Teddy Perkins
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Dang, putting it all out there. Wish him the best.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Might be why he came home. He said he'd told her a few weeks and had been there a lot longer.
MeatDr
AG
MeatDr
AG
benchmark
AG
MeatDr said:

Says the guy that may soon be indicted for a previous Russian hoax.
Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus
First Page Last Page
Page 620 of 1364

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.