***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,594,448 Views | 47835 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Rossticus
Rossticus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rossticus
redline248
AG
Rossticus said:

What jumps out to me is the part about Russian state media calling Poland a threat to Russia. Isn't that exactly what they did regarding Ukraine before invading?
Mas89
AG
unmade bed
Waffledynamics said:

Rossticus said:

Really, Russia? Really?

What attack? I thought it was an unfortunate mishap?

It was a special naval craft decommissioning operation
GE
AG
agent-maroon said:

74OA said:

The report said the Ukrainians distracted the Moskva with a TB-2 and then fired a Neptune at it. IIRC, older radars and battle management systems cannot conduct both antimissile and anti-aircraft functions at the same time, so I wonder if focusing on the TB-2 is what allowed the Neptune to strike undetected?

Whoever came up with this idea is a world class tactician. Clever doesn't even begin to describe it IMO
Or maybe they just had a younger brother and knew the trick where you throw one ball to them way up in the air and peg them when they look up
Rossticus
Ag In Ok
AG
I have wondered, if China really controls tiktok, what's holding them back from entering the flow of information and propaganda?
agent-maroon
AG
Why do you think they haven't?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Waffledynamics
AG
Looks fancy. Old? New?
Waffledynamics
AG
Ag In Ok said:

I have wondered, if China really controls tiktok, what's holding them back from entering the flow of information and propaganda?
China is not Russia's friend, even if they do control Tiktok. China is only China's friend.
Rossticus
Waffledynamics said:

Looks fancy. Old? New?
New to the Ukes who captured it. And plenty useful. I hope they manage to capture many more. They can turn them around and light the Russians up with those things.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/TOS-1
Waffledynamics
AG
Another round of aerial alerts per LiveUaMap.
deddog
AG
Rossticus said:

Would be interested to hear the take of any current or former tankers as to whether they concur.

Full thread:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1513754335431340032.html

I'm assuming American tanks are different?
M1s have crew of 4 no? Russian tanks use an auto loader, and have 3 man crews.
MouthBQ98
AG
M1: commander
Gunner
Driver
Loader

Russian:
Commander
Gunner
Driver
Auto-loader system that blows the turret off when the tank magazine gets hit.
Rossticus
Full Thread:
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1515178039327535106.html

Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus
Sandiaman91
AG
I'm late in my response, but I'd like to multi-star this response!

Texan to the max, amigo!
"The goat rope continues..." -RGV AG
Jock 07
AG
Waffledynamics said:

Ag In Ok said:

China is not Russia's friend, even if they do control Tiktok. China is only China's friend.

Also most likely because they're more interested in using it for data mining operations
Faustus
NM.
fooz
Rossticus said:

I can tell you what it's not. Gen3 G19.
fixer
Glock 17,45,22
aggiehawg
AG

They are insane.
Jayhawk
The Chechen Islamic terror squads have been sent into Ukraine to terrorize and brutalize the Christian inhabitants of the country, to break their morale and get them to submit. If the Ukrainians borrowed a page from the famous Romanian leader who also had to deal with invading barbarous islamic hordes, it would be a just response. E.g. Vlad Dracul crucified the Turks who came to terrorize his people.
bonfarr
AG
I am starting to think the average Russian is an imbecile. I wonder what their public education system is lke.
lb3
AG
RebelE Infantry said:

MeatDr said:

We've known they've been doing this for a bit, but here is an update.

Mostly captured. If you read the whole thread, only 582 of the scans have been corpses.

Unroll: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1514941871830835200.html

This is monstrously evil (sending photos of corpses). And what is it supposed to accomplish? Does anyone think this will convince babushkas to demand Putin end the war? It is more likely that it will produce exactly the opposite. This behavior is to be roundly condemned by all civilized people.

And before anyone accuses me of excusing crimes committed by Russian soldiers- I firmly believe any soldier guilty of rape, murder, and the like should be summarily shot.
i'm still catching up on this thread so I apologize if I'm piling on but how in the hell can you equate exposing evil to the evil being exposed?

Telling Russians that their army was too busy shipping washing machines back to Belarus to bother picking their son off the side of the road is not evil.
Waffledynamics
AG
Build It
AG
Russia has begun using their long range bombers. Hitting Lviv now. Jets taking off from Belarus.

When we give them the tech to shoot down the bombers, What happens next? If they think they have no matching weapons will Putin go with a tactical nuke? He's ordered the leveling of the cities. How else will they accomplish it?

Very precarious situation.

JFABNRGR
AG
Should have already given them that tech, absolutely immoral to not have, did somebody not anticipate this by the russians? has Zelensky not been asking?

How many more civilians, children, cities need to be destroyed.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Well, Roman is going to have a HUGE target on his back, and Olga might want to change her name and move. No way in Hell retribution isn't on its way when this is all over.
IslanderAg04
Build It said:

Russia has begun using their long range bombers. Hitting Lviv now. Jets taking off from Belarus.

When we give them the tech to shoot down the bombers, What happens next? If they think they have no matching weapons will Putin go with a tactical nuke? He's ordered the leveling of the cities. How else will they accomplish it?

Very precarious situation.

This is the no fly zone issue. What we're shipping cant take out high altitude bombers. Fighters would need to be used along with AA installations. These installations are not as mobile as MANPADS and the Russians have been successful at taking them out.

What happens next, is war with Russia. You ready to enlist?
Jetpilot86
AG
bonfarr said:

I am starting to think the average Russian is an imbecile. I wonder what their public education system is lke.
A casualty of the Cold War. Talked about as part of this:
ABATTBQ11
AG
We can provide better systems, it's just a matter of training operators. We can also provide AEW support. There are lots of other options.
First Page Last Page
Page 497 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.