***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,596,571 Views | 47841 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Ag with kids
GAC06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aggiehawg said:

Didn't realize we still had Harriers in service.

Come on
aggiehawg
AG
GAC06 said:

aggiehawg said:

Didn't realize we still had Harriers in service.

Come on
Sorry, but I didn't. Thought they had been mothballed about ten years ago.
Jetpilot86
AG
spikingag said:

Found this interesting. Sorry if already posted

The concept has been covered before, but wow! the demographics problem in Russia is even worse than I'd understood. China is in a similar situation. They will never be a "world" dominating power until they can solve the same basic issues as the Russians, mostly bodies and food.

They are more competent than the Russians, because they are more patient, but courtesy of the Mao purges and the "One Child Policy", they have the same long term demographic issues as the Russians. We really don't know when that will implode on them as they are putting out or not putting out supportive data that might make them look bad.

The conclusion in the video says it best when talking about Russia screwing up 50 years worth of CCP work on conquering the west and the world, by completely botching the invasion of Ukraine, that's assuming they actually win. Russia loses and we'll have at least another Cold War while China tries to catch up on their own, if they can. Win or lose, Russia is probably done as a world power. Probably gets picked off resource by resource, if anyone ever determines their nukes are as in bad a shape as their army is.
74OA
AG
bonfarr said:

74OA said:

MeatDr said:

Javelins, yes. Stingers, no. The US hasn't bought Stingers in decades and the production line services only one international customer which itself sources the obsolescent parts needed to build its orders.

STINGER

Sounds like we need to invite Elon Musk into a meeting to help accelerate manufacturing for these weapons. I'm not sure how he would respond to manufacturing weapons of war but he is clearly sympathetic to the Ukrainian cause so maybe he would get involved.

The Stinger is still effective, but its design and components are essentially technological and manufacturing antiques. Better to move on.
Rossticus
New video associated with that point blank tank shot. Russians or Ukrainians? Guessing Spook thinks it's Russians.

WesMaroon&White
AG
RebelE Infantry
AG
Rossticus said:

New video associated with that point blank tank shot. Russians or Ukrainians? Guessing Spook thinks it's Russians.

100% it's Ukrainians. There's another video from amongst that group that ends the instant the tank fires. Kind of surreal. One of the dudes even waved to the tank commander, a few seconds later…boom.
RebelE Infantry
AG
Rossticus said:

Seems Zelensky wants to use him as a bargaining chip-

Rossticus
If he's still worth anything to Putin then perhaps you can swap him for a hefty haul of POWs.
Ulrich
Musk is good at a lot of things, but reliable manufacturing doesn't appear to be one of them. If ramping production is really a concern, I would start with the defense contractors (pretty likely they could boost production to a greater or lesser extent pretty quickly). Then branch out to automotive suppliers.
Rossticus

GigEmRangers75455
Jetpilot86 said:

spikingag said:

Found this interesting. Sorry if already posted

The concept has been covered before, but wow! the demographics problem in Russia is even worse than I'd understood. China is in a similar situation. They will never be a "world" dominating power until they can solve the same basic issues as the Russians, mostly bodies and food.

They are more competent than the Russians, because they are more patient, but courtesy of the Mao purges and the "One Child Policy", they have the same long term demographic issues as the Russians. We really don't know when that will implode on them as they are putting out or not putting out supportive data that might make them look bad.

The conclusion in the video says it best when talking about Russia screwing up 50 years worth of CCP work on conquering the west and the world, by completely botching the invasion of Ukraine, that's assuming they actually win. Russia loses and we'll have at least another Cold War while China tries to catch up on their own, if they can. Win or lose, Russia is probably done as a world power. Probably gets picked off resource by resource, if anyone ever determines their nukes are as in bad a shape as their army is.

Very informative and thanks for posting.
P.U.T.U
AG
The issues are the boards/chips/PCBAs, you flat out can't get them now. The countries that mined the silicon shut down for a while during Covid and what was once a year long process to go from raw material to finished product is now 18-24 months. There are several manufacturing plants being built in the USA but it will be years before they can assist.
Burrus86
AG
P.U.T.U said:

The issues are the boards/chips/PCBAs, you flat out can't get them now. The countries that mined the silicon shut down for a while during Covid and what was once a year long process to go from raw material to finished product is now 18-24 months. There are several manufacturing plants being built in the USA but it will be years before they can assist.

Given the current political environment, get the Taiwanese to get after those chips.
Rossticus
Is it just me or did Putin stop mentioning NATO as a reason for Russia's invasion a while back? Hasn't mentioned it as one of the reasons why Russia must win. Seems like he's scrapped that talking point. I'm shocked.
Rossticus
Looks like we may have just made up our mind. Bear in mind the source, of course, until we receive further confirmation. Happy April Russia. Prepare to get ****ed.

Rossticus
WesMaroon&White
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
Rossticus said:

Looks like we may have just made up our mind. Bear in mind the source, of course, until we receive further confirmation. Happy April Russia. Prepare to get ****ed.

This kind of news as well as you pointing out that he hasn't been mentioning NATO recently is an interesting coincidence.
benchmark
AG
Rossticus said:

With this administration, no way this happens if Ukraine is on hospice. Someone smells blood.
Rossticus
I concur. Opportunity to put a boot on their neck before they figure out a way to get back up and catch their breath.
P.U.T.U
AG
Still need to mine it, lack of workers in those areas.
P.U.T.U
AG
We only have a handful of MI-17 helicopters so we can going through another country. The link is firewalled, any more info?

Rossticus
Not yet. Just broke. And I'm not paying Washington Post one penny.
Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus
The MiG sitch is so weird considering how heavily everything else is flowing into Ukraine and our willingness to either backfill or guarantee security where other arms are concerned. Something isn't logically adding up.

shiftyandquick
Not winning this war now might mean millions of people in the world starving to death. It's important to win now.
Who?mikejones!
Warning.....graphic video

https://instagram.com/stories/apparitiongroup/2814825626228282737
aggiehawg
AG
shiftyandquick said:

Not winning this war now might mean millions of people in the world starving to death. It's important to win now.
Just to make sure but do you mean Russia winning? Or Ukraine defending itself and winning?
shiftyandquick
I mean Ukraine winning, i.e. the West winning.
Beat40
Rossticus said:

The MiG sitch is so weird considering how heavily everything else is flowing into Ukraine and our willingness to either backfill or guarantee security where other arms are concerned. Something isn't logically adding up.

Personally I don't see how sending MiGs actually helps Ukraine in a dramatic way win the war.

Personally, I think there are people who want to do it to show support for Zelensky since he keeps asking for them and there is a other faction that believes it doesn't really help Ukraine significantly.

That's my read on any hold up.
Rossticus
First Page Last Page
Page 474 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.