***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,609,322 Views | 47849 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by 74OA
Rossticus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Three more individuals identified from Bucha massacre photos.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1510575613542907907.html

ttu_85
aggiehawg said:

These atrocities were being committed from the very get-go of the invasion. They were not bad actors, nor deserters.

The atrocities were part of the battle plan.
If so what a stupid plan. Fire up your opposition's resolve. Nobody fights harder than a person that knows surrender is not an option. Then you piss-off 75% of the planet and those that produce 80% of global GDP and have the ability to sanction your ass to death.

The stupidity of this idea matches the stupidity of Russian logistics and modern war fighting competence. May the Russian leadership and those that perpetuate it burn in hell
Mark Fairchild
AG
Eliminatus, like you, I realize that for most, this has just been an unpleasant blip on the screen. The worst thing is that for all of us, this should be a moment in time that all of mankind should weep with extreme sorrow to realize that the "SACREDNESS of Life" is of such little value.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
Rossticus
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

If so what a stupid plan. Fire up your opposition's resolve. Nobody fights harder than a person that knows surrender is not an option. Then you piss-off 75% of the planet and those that produce 80% of global GDP and have the ability to sanction your ass to death.

The stupidity of this idea matches the stupidity of Russian logistics and modern war fighting competence. May the Russian leadership and those that perpetuate it burn in hell
Not if Zelensky fled and a puppet government had been quickly installed. All of it what occurred before the puppet government was in place would be covered up and never reported.
Blackbeard94
AG
Rossticus said:

Whoop!
mike0305
aezmvp said:

oldord said:

I continue to be somewhat skeptical. Not of the fact that the Russians invaded and Have done some terrible things but I just don't believe anything that is presented to me as truth anymore. Not without time in verification from many sources.

Continue to wonder how this reshuffles the world order.
Id be more skeptical if they hadn't done the same things in Chechnya and Syria already.
Exactly!

You aren't going to get a real time account in 4k HD with audio and a signed statement from the bad guys. You just have to use some common sense.

It's either:

a) Each time a country is invaded by Russia they turn into torturing, murdering psychopaths to their neighbors and countrymen as some insane act of self preservation.

or

b) Units of the Russian military are the torturing, murdering psychopaths to the point it is systemic, accepted, and likely directed from the top.

When you will poison people from your own country as opposition and leave your own troops to rot in another country it's obvious how much value is placed on human life.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Let's also not forget Russia's role in the whole "communism in the twentieth century" thing. It's not like it isn't out of historical character.

Impressive on the other hand has a military fitting and dying for these people. Makes no sense to be putting your life on the line for people you're going to murder.
lb3
AG
Rossticus said:

Graphic. Deceased appears to have had a giant swastika carved/etched/scratched into them before they were eventually killed.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1510710930124029957.html
That looks like it was burned with a propane torch, not carved with a blade.
The Fall Guy
AG
Blackbeard94 said:

Rossticus said:

Whoop!

When did this happen? Is this the one in dock?
Agsuffering@bulaw
Davey Jones Locker, mfers!
nortex97
AG
Rossticus said:

the Germans, Russians, and Chinese, as well as the norks and Iranians, are the real axis of evil in the world today.
PJYoung
AG
The Fall Guy said:

Blackbeard94 said:

Rossticus said:

Whoop!

When did this happen? Is this the one in dock?

Not the one in dock. Sounds very recent but yet to be confirmed.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Admiral Essen is a frigate of the Admiral Grigorovich class of the Russian Navy. It is based with the Black Sea Fleet at Sevastopol.
Different ship. The one sunk was the Orsk.
Rossticus
Rossticus
At least they did it next to a church, I guess.

ABATTBQ11
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Admiral Essen is a frigate of the Admiral Grigorovich class of the Russian Navy. It is based with the Black Sea Fleet at Sevastopol.

No. First reports are the orsk, but it was a different ship in the same class.
Rossticus
aggiehawg
AG
nortex97 said:

Rossticus said:

the Germans, Russians, and Chinese, as well as the norks and Iranians, are the real axis of evil in the world today.
Hold on for second. Think Charlie Wilson here.

Germans won't sell to the Ukrainians but maybe sells to someone else that then transports them to Ukraine? There's so much money sloshing around right now that proxy deals are worth the risk for certain countries.
Eliminatus
AG
Rossticus said:

From what I gather, and how Russia has been summarily terrible at strategy, this is probably correct. The Ukes could probably use stormtrooper tactics and roll up a lot of Russians. I just don't see the Russians have the presence of professional war fighting to have an established and planned FLOT (Forward Line of Own Troops, or established front line for those may not know) ready to receive the Ukes.

Do the Ukes throw the dice and charge in? I can't make the call of course but I would do it, based off the little I do know. Russia is not doing well. If the Ukes can punch a breakthrough and exploit it it can snowball out of control for Russia. That has to be worth a try, no?
Rossticus
Seems to largely be "cut and run" by the Russians.
Ulysses90
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

No. First reports are the orsk, but it was a different ship in the same class.

Orsk was an Alligator call LST. That's a lot different from a frigate.
74OA
AG
Huge! Tanks for Ukraine? T-72s

[url=https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/45050/soviet-era-t-72-tanks-to-be-transferred-from-nato-states-to-ukraine][/url]
Rossticus

pocketrockets06
AG
There's an article on the NYT that the coroner in Bucha had a mass grave dug in a church yard before he left town. So this one may be dug by the Ukrainians.

But the article noted that he had already buried 50+ civilians dead from gun shots or shrapnel before he left so the Russians were filling it up.
Rossticus
Viktor Orban referred to Zelensky as an enemy in his election victory speech. Probably worth filing away for later.
Rossticus
I seriously think that we may need to consider offering Ukrainian servicemen honorary Texan status. This is too good! A "naval attack" to intercept a convoy. Lol.

Rossticus
Rossticus
Is it just me or do the Chechens fighting for UA look less like a half assed Charlie Foxtrot and more like professional warriors than those fighting for Russia?

aggiehawg
AG
Rossticus said:

Viktor Orban referred to Zelensky as an enemy in his election victory speech. Probably worth filing away for later.
Difference in age. Orban is 59. Zelensky is 44. Subtract 1991 when the USSR fell. Orban was 29. Zelensky was a young teenager.
EastSideAg2002
I find it quite ironic that the Russians refer to the Ukrainians as sub human. By their very actions the Russians have proved to be the subhumans.
Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus
I wasn't aware of this either.

First Page Last Page
Page 432 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.