***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,609,512 Views | 47849 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by 74OA
Waffledynamics
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rossticus said:

And don't expect any cooperation from Hungary unless Orban loses the upcoming election.
What does Hungary have to do with the UNSC?
Rossticus
Waffledynamics said:

Rossticus said:

And don't expect any cooperation from Hungary unless Orban loses the upcoming election.

Drinking. Brain conflated NATO and UN. Regardless, anything NATO related will be hamstrung by Hungary.
GAC06
AG
Interesting to see Turkey being supportive. It was looking like Turkey was on the outs with NATO
Waffledynamics
AG
Rossticus said:

Waffledynamics said:

Rossticus said:

Drinking. Brain conflated NATO and UN. Regardless, anything NATO related will be hamstrung by Hungary.
I'm saucin' too. No worries.

Hard to imagine some bloc of NATO countries won't decide to do anything. Ukraine needs allies and badly. I don't have much to back this up, but I get a feeling WMDs, or at least nukes, are becoming less and less of a threat. Here's to hoping the Russians get booted out of the Donbas and Crimea.
Waffledynamics
AG
GAC06 said:

Interesting to see Turkey being supportive. It was looking like Turkey was on the ours with NATO
Without any specialized info, my back of the envelope guess is that Turkey recognizes they have a delicate line to walk. They cannot side with Russia too much and cannot side with NATO too much. Being a mediator and hoping for as close to the previous status quo probably suits them.
Rossticus
Waffledynamics said:

Rossticus said:

Waffledynamics said:

Rossticus said:

I'm saucin' too. No worries.

Hard to imagine some bloc of NATO countries won't decide to do anything. Ukraine needs allies and badly. I don't have much to back this up, but I get a feeling WMDs, or at least nukes, are becoming less and less of a threat. Here's to hoping the Russians get booted out of the Donbas and Crimea.

Too many countries feel insulated and that Russia will still be their friend if they don't peeve them off. Plenty of European countries that would hit a button right now and send every Ukrainian straight to the grave if it got them back to normal and guaranteed their safety. Some folks have principles and some folks will stack corpses to hide behind.
ATX_AG_08
AG
txags92
AG
Waffledynamics said:

Eliminatus said:

UN inspectors and other world health professionals need to be in Bucha and surrounding areas yesterday to get full documentation of what occurred. We know atrocities happened. The world knows it. But there still needs to be a third party, first hand, documented mission to record this to remove the biased claims. For future Russian generations. Russia needs to be broken of their views of their roles in this world. They need to know they are the bad guys and always have been. (If possible of course, big ask)
Russia is on the security council. Good luck doing anything to them.
They should be removed from it.
Rossticus
To my understanding there isn't a realistic mechanism by which to do so
deddog
AG
txags92 said:

Waffledynamics said:

Eliminatus said:

UN inspectors and other world health professionals need to be in Bucha and surrounding areas yesterday to get full documentation of what occurred. We know atrocities happened. The world knows it. But there still needs to be a third party, first hand, documented mission to record this to remove the biased claims. For future Russian generations. Russia needs to be broken of their views of their roles in this world. They need to know they are the bad guys and always have been. (If possible of course, big ask)
They should be removed from it.
They are a founding, permanent, veto proof member.
Without them, there is no UN.

Which is another case for removing them.
MeatDr
AG
MeatDr
AG
Izyum looking like it might be the next Mariupol.
MeatDr
AG
MeatDr
AG
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Eliminatus
AG
Red Pear Realty said:

I know it's mainly just re-occupying quickly abandoned territory but still incredible.

Really curious as to how the Ukes address the south now. Punch in and try to relieve the besieged cities ASAP? Slow roll in with more conventional tactics? Just consolidate what they have and put it on the backburner for now?

Also this reporter has been one of the most solid guys since the beginning with just the touch of snark to stay personable. And likes heavy metal and beer. Wish I could buy him one in person.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Warning. This link, which shows evidence of Russian crimes against humanity, has many dead civilians throughout.

Edit: Add in the ".com" after "twitter" if you'd like to view.

https://twitter/kiraincongress/status/1510249049357791234
MeatDr
AG
Eliminatus
AG
Red Pear Realty said:

Warning. This link, which shows evidence of Russian crimes against humanity, has many dead civilians throughout.

Edit: can't figure out how to just show a link on my cell

I've seen them. It's bad, folks. Real bad. Up there with the worst the world has seen. But it's a blip at best now for everyone around me. The war quickly lost excitement for most Americans and they moved on.

I know it can't compare to the actual atrocities being committed but I can't help but think the worst thing to come out of all of this, is that I am pretty damn certain Russia is going to get away with it, again.
MeatDr
AG
nortex97
AG

Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
https://www.reddit.com/r/RussiaUkraineWar2022/comments/tuyp6d/ukrainian_records_how_russians_speak_to_him_on/

Reddit post:
Quote:

They seem to behave like Germans in late 30'es to mid 40's.

Reddit reply:
Quote:

It's the same psychology going on. The Germans were butt hurt from losing WW1. The built this myth that the Jews and communist stabbed the Army in the back. The were pissed about the versailles treaty(they had a reason here). They longed for their lost empire and greatest of the reich.

The Russians have this myth that capitalism and the west undermined them while ignoring that communism is just a **** system. The miss the greatest of being the Soviet empire the first to space and the defeat of the nazis.

Russia today is evil

I think this is important to the overall tactical discussion because it shows that many Russians see Ukrainians as sub human, and the world needs to keep that view in mind as we respond.
Eliminatus
AG
Waffledynamics said:

Eliminatus said:

Oh, for sure. Russia will get away with this one too I think.

No, I meant for future Russians. They need to know the true history of what their armies have done. What their armies have ALWAYS done. Their wars have been whitewashed to an incredible degree with no real accountability and is part of the reason why they keep doing it IMO. The Russian warrior is an absolute savage human being. We have literally hundreds of years of history to prove this. Your typical Russian does not have that history though unless they travel or dig past the justifications. Which most won't. We are no different really I guess. How many average Americans do you know personally that are willfully bling and ignorant to history and the world at large? Majority of people I know check that box prettily handily.

LOTS of claims already of staged media from Bucha. Third party observers won't make it go away but maybe, just maybe, it will get a few to pause.
Robert C. Christian
AG

Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Yes but I've heard a lot of "the older generations of Russians support Putin because they only watch state run TV, but the younger generations are almost all against the war."

Every single one of those young Russians has access to the internet and varying viewpoints to consider, yet they react almost to a person with disgust and contempt. Coupled with the images and stories of widespread Russian looting (washing machines on transport trucks?), the war crimes and crimes against humanity that we are seeing, then this? I think we are seeing a pattern emerge. No, it's not every single Russian. But man it sure does seem to be a big majority of the Russian population. So I think that means the world could have a bigger problem on their hands than a "small military operation."
MeatDr
AG

MeatDr
AG
Anonymous has been doing some good work.
MeatDr
AG
Uh oh, Wikipedia might get hit with another $50k fine...
Sully Dog
HAHAHAHAHA. Wikipedia you say
Deplorable Neanderthal Clinger
MeatDr
AG
MeatDr
AG
The stories in the linked article are horrific.
MeatDr
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 429 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.