***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,625,344 Views | 47858 Replies | Last: 4 min ago by B-1 83
Fightin_Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rossticus said:

dtkprowler said:

So do we think the Russians are using that?

They're confirmed to be using it, yes. Usage isn't the problem. Usage in civilian areas is the problem.

Usage itself does cause a problem because this should be considered a chemical weapon.

Some debate on that by some.
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
Waffledynamics
AG
Robk said:

Do not have a sub and not signing up for trial. I am sure if this is really true it will be popping up in more places.

Archive link without the paywall.

https://archive.ph/ydC0H
aggiehawg
AG
Thanks. I remember reading when the Soviet Union fell that the 24/7 Doomsday flights were suspended for awhile. Guess at some point they came back.
Rossticus
Fightin_Aggie said:

Rossticus said:

dtkprowler said:

They're confirmed to be using it, yes. Usage isn't the problem. Usage in civilian areas is the problem.

Usage itself does cause a problem because this should be considered a chemical weapon.

Except it's an incendiary, not a chemical weapon. Usage isn't prohibited when used appropriately. The US uses it but limits it's usage much more narrowly. Deployment is more targeted, I believe, than the method Russia is employing.
JFABNRGR
AG
A missile strike on UKR Command center could certainly hamper things, though they should have set up to be decentralized from the beginning even if Zelensky a known HVT for russia, was to be taken out.

There is also a report on reddit claiming that Malynivka and other villages around Hulyapole have been liberated from russians. This is only 66 miles from the west side of Mariupol. If those brave soles can keep fighting relief could be enroute and may be already if some russian forces leave Mariupol to counter those UKR advances.
ATX_AG_08
AG
wangus12
AG
Rossticus said:

Even the Russian tanks are surrendering on their own
Rossticus
Particularly if the goodies Ukraine negotiated for as part of the EW command center they sent us include some additional offensive toys.

Establish a strong line of resistance along the eastern and southern front and start pushing. Russia's Donbas forces are some of the most inexperienced and poorly equipped. Ukes still have all their armor and most of their artillery.
Rossticus
So, wait… Did each side score a hit or was a Russian command center originally mistaken for Ukrainian?
aggiehawg
AG
Rossticus said:

So, wait… Did each side score a hit or was a Russian command center originally mistaken for Ukrainian?
AFP News Agency has been a little sketchy on their reporting in this war. Tend to be pro-Russia from my observations.

IDK.
ABATTBQ11
AG
AgLA06 said:

Looks like they heavily damaged the ship just north as well.

No that's probably just exhaust or steam. That landing ship is ****ed though. It's only partially submerged because it's resting on the bottom. That's a total loss.
ATX_AG_08
AG
I read it wrong apparently. Two separate incidents I now believe.
Rossticus
Noted and will keep in mind. Thx.
USAFAg
AG
Rossticus said:

Fightin_Aggie said:

Rossticus said:

dtkprowler said:

Except it's an incendiary, not a chemical weapon. Usage isn't prohibited when used appropriately. The US uses it but limits it's usage much more narrowly. Deployment is more targeted, I believe, than the method Russia is employing.

The use of white phosphorus is not banned under international convention when it is used as an obscurant to make a smokescreen or to illuminate a target (white phosphorus glows green when exposed to oxygen). To use it for incendiary weapons in civilian areas is banned under the Geneva convention.

12thFan/Websider Since 2003
TheCougarHunter
AG
WP can only be used as a marking or obscuration device and cannot be used to target personnel.
CondensedFogAggie
MeatDr said:

Satellite visual of ship struck and sunk yesterday.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if a disgruntled Russian sailor/marine somehow set off explosives on their own ship.

Especially if it means they don't have to suicide land on heavily defended beaches that has been preparing for at least a month and has Ukrainians armed with the latest weapons from all over the world.
CowPieAndFries
aggiehawg said:

Is he saying he's sending troops?

With Chemical Weapons apparently.
MeatDr
AG

74OA
AG
CondensedFoggyAggie said:

MeatDr said:

Satellite visual of ship struck and sunk yesterday.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if a disgruntled Russian sailor/marine somehow set off explosives on their own ship.

Especially if it means they don't have to suicide land on heavily defended beaches that has been preparing for at least a month and has Ukrainians armed with the latest weapons from all over the world.
So the ship burned, but the tanks immediately adjacent didn't? A bit surprising.
MeatDr
AG
Not a Bot
AG
Rossticus
Not a Bot
AG
Follow up from an earlier claim:
74OA
AG
If Berlin can actually achieve this energy trifecta so quickly, it'll be an impressive achievement:

"By the middle of the year, Russian oil imports to Germany are expected to be halved. By the end of the year, we aim to be almost independent," a document published by the Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action said. The plan also calls for coal deliveries from Russia to end by the autumn.

Habeck confirmed that current contracts with Russian companies to import energy will not be renewed. He also acknowledged that Germany would only be able to wean itself off Russian gas deliveries by mid-2024."

ENERGY
BusterAg
AG
wangus12 said:

Rossticus said:

Does he not have more important things do?
At least this gets him out of the tank, so he might live a little longer.
wangus12
AG
MeatDr said:

Maybe I'm a bad person, but if the civilian was going to attack him with the pitchfork, I can't condemn the pilot for defending himself.

I can condemn the hell out of him for attacking Ukraine though
Rossticus
Whoa.

MeatDr
AG
Ag In Ok said:

Hmm. I know who doesn't have reliable night vision.

This is what I suspect this "white phosphorus" is being used for. I'm not an expert by any means, but I'm not sure it's actually white phosphorus based on a few videos I've watched. It seems like the burning chemical is slowly floating to the ground and isn't really burning anymore by the time it reaches the ground. And we haven't actually seen any reports if people burned by it even though it's been used several different nights there.
BusterAg
AG
aggiehawg said:

White Phosphorus?
Imagine if napalm and the sun had a baby.

Nasty stuff.
JFABNRGR
AG
Rossticus said:

Whoa.

Damn Go France, leading the way. This also puts russia in a bad PR position if they deny while allowing UKR advances in other areas. Former Generals have been recommending OPS like this for weeks now.
aggiehawg
AG
Rossticus said:

Whoa.

Rescue by sea? France, Turkey and Greece?
AgLA06
AG
Yep. If France has the balls to tell Putin we're not asking, but doing it would be amazing.
EastSideAg2002
MeatDr said:

Ag In Ok said:

Hmm. I know who doesn't have reliable night vision.

This is what I suspect this "white phosphorus" is being used for. I'm not an expert by any means, but I'm not sure it's actually white phosphorus based on a few videos I've watched. It seems like the burning chemical is slowly floating to the ground and isn't really burning anymore by the time it reaches the ground. And we haven't actually seen any reports if people burned by it even though it's been used several different nights there.
The Speak the Truth podcaster says they used it in Afghanistan to spook the Taliban fighters by shooting them up randomly in the middle of the night.
Rossticus
Plus French air support, I'd wager.
JFABNRGR
AG
aggiehawg said:

Rossticus said:

Whoa.

Rescue by sea? France, Turkey and Greece?
Good question with those 3 but much better to fly in and put reconnaissance/SIGINT equipment on all the aircraft.
First Page Last Page
Page 390 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.