***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,632,409 Views | 47864 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by LMCane
chickencoupe16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
RebelE Infantry said:

Red Pear Realty said:

Someone please put a muzzle on this guy, he's absolutely insane.

He's not insane, he just understands Russian occupation and that if Ukraine falls, his country and the Baltics are tied for next.
FireAg
AG
RebelE Infantry said:

Red Pear Realty said:

You do realize we (meaning NATO) are already fighting a proxy war against Russia, right?

At some point, I'm fairly convinced one of two things is going to happen:

1. Putin is neutralized...

2. Some things get a bit too close for comfort for some Eastern Bloc NATO countries, and they go in to help Ukraine...

Short of actual boots on the ground, NATO vs Putin is going down right before our very eyes...everything else is just semantics...

We are basically one wet fart away from this thing escalating further, and I'm not sure any of us can do much about it...

Best I can tell so far, if full scale WW3 broke out, I'm seeing Axis Powers being Russia, Belarus, China, Iran, and Syria, at a minimum...
wangus12
AG
Red Pear Realty said:

Obviously didn't have the right loadout for his AS VAL in the Warzone
Who?mikejones!
FireAg said:

RebelE Infantry said:

Red Pear Realty said:

You do realize we (meaning NATO) are already fighting a proxy war against Russia, right?

2. Some things get a bit too close for comfort for some Eastern Bloc NATO countries, and they go in to help Ukraine...

Short of actual boots on the ground, NATO vs Putin is going down right before our very eyes...everything else is just semantics...

We are basically one wet fart away from this thing escalating further, and I'm not sure any of us can do much about it...

Best I can tell so far, if full scale WW3 broke out, I'm seeing Axis Powers being Russia, Belarus, China, Iran, and Syria, at a minimum...

Some reports came out last night about Russia moving to end this war through a peace treaty woth more favorable terms for Ukraine. Realistic terms that is.

Russia might actually be the paper tiger that cannot complete the deal.

The question is- what happens in Russia once they lose this fight? Does putin get ousted? Does ukraine/nato/the west give him a face saving off ramp? Does anyone get punished for "war crimes"?

That's where this thing could really kick off, imo.
MouthBQ98
AG
I'm guessing brigade and division numbers and Advance Brigade combat team or some such. A rapid deployment force.
LostInLA07
AG
Sorry forgot which topic I was reading
RebelE Infantry
AG
FireAg said:

RebelE Infantry said:

Red Pear Realty said:

Yes, and it's madness. I have absolutely zero interest in starting WW3 over a regional dispute along the Black Sea. How many American lives are you willing to spend to prop up a ridiculously corrupt Eastern European country with little to no strategic value to us?

We are being plunged headlong into war by the most intense propaganda campaign in probably human history and most everyone seems hunky dory about it. Moreover, this lunatic Pollack seems to think that the best way to save Ukraine is to start a world war there.
Who?mikejones!
Maximus_Meridius said:

wildmen09 said:

GarryowenAg said:

Rossticus said:

https://www.army.mil/article/254664/german_rail_now_being_used_to_help_deliver_army_preposition_stocks_2_from_mannheim_to_grafenwoehr
For those that don't know, this is a big freaking deal. We have prepositioned stock located in strategic locations throughout the world. I remember writing about this a week or so ago on this thread. This is the first time that I can remember this stock ever being issued out en mass. I remember drawing a heavy amount when we were in the early phase of standing up the Iraq QRF while in Kuwait back in the early 2010's, but it wasn't the entire fleet. They're prepping for an engagement big time.

You are right until the engagement part. This is likely for 3/1 ID ABCT which was activated on IRF. The COA chosen was to use propositioned stock versus airlift. Still a big deal but we aren't moving into defensive fighting positions. OAR still is a rotational deployment meant to build partner capacity and deter Russia.
Could someone translate the bolded for the sleep deprived civilian please? I feel like I should know what this means...

1st Armored Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, stationed at Fort Stewart, Georgia

Irf- immediate response force, I believe
docb
AG
Maybe so. But maybe you'd think different if you lived there.
FireAg
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

FireAg said:

RebelE Infantry said:

Red Pear Realty said:

Some reports came out last night about Russia moving to end this war through a peace treaty woth more favorable terms for Ukraine. Realistic terms that is.

Russia might actually be the paper tiger that cannot complete the deal.

The question is- what happens in Russia once they lose this fight? Does putin get ousted? Does ukraine/nato/the west give him a face saving off ramp? Does anyone get punished for "war crimes"?

That's where this thing could really kick off, imo.
I don't disagree...but I do wonder how Putin can find an off ramp at this point without facing war crimes...

I really think a coup is necessary inside Russia to bring this thing to an end...I'm not sure I see any other acceptable resolution at this point...
GarryowenAg
AG
wildmen09 said:

GarryowenAg said:

Rossticus said:

https://www.army.mil/article/254664/german_rail_now_being_used_to_help_deliver_army_preposition_stocks_2_from_mannheim_to_grafenwoehr
For those that don't know, this is a big freaking deal. We have prepositioned stock located in strategic locations throughout the world. I remember writing about this a week or so ago on this thread. This is the first time that I can remember this stock ever being issued out en mass. I remember drawing a heavy amount when we were in the early phase of standing up the Iraq QRF while in Kuwait back in the early 2010's, but it wasn't the entire fleet. They're prepping for an engagement big time.

You are right until the engagement part. This is likely for 3/1 ID ABCT which was activated on IRF. The COA chosen was to use propositioned stock versus airlift. Still a big deal but we aren't moving into defensive fighting positions. OAR still is a rotational deployment meant to build partner capacity and deter Russia.
Ha, you're more right than me when it comes to the engagement portion. It was late and I was saber rattling a bit.
Marcus Brutus
chickencoupe16 said:

RebelE Infantry said:

Red Pear Realty said:

He's not insane, he just understands Russian occupation and that if Ukraine falls, his country and the Baltics are tied for next.

No.
FireAg
AG
Not sure how anyone who values humanity can watch Z's address to Congress just now and not be moved by his words and the video compilation he played...

I'm just not sure NATO is going to be able to stay on the sidelines forever on this deal unless someone eliminates Putin soon...

I really have no appetite for another foreign war, but damn it...there is a difference between right and wrong...good and evil...and at some point, someone has to have the balls to say, "that's enough."
ttu_85
FireAg said:

RebelE Infantry said:

Red Pear Realty said:

Oh what BS. This is the most rid..............

Oh wait we have seen this movie before. How I wish I could make fun of this post. But I cant. He's right. WW1 began with an assassination. In Eastern Europe **** happens and it often spreads.
ttu_85
RebelE Infantry said:

FireAg said:

RebelE Infantry said:

Red Pear Realty said:

Yes, and it's madness. I have absolutely zero interest in starting WW3 over a regional dispute along the Black Sea. How many American lives are you willing to spend to prop up a ridiculously corrupt Eastern European country with little to no strategic value to us?

We are being plunged headlong into war by the most intense propaganda campaign in probably human history and most everyone seems hunky dory about it. Moreover, this lunatic Pollack seems to think that the best way to save Ukraine is to start a world war there.
No Putin started this on Feb 24 2022. Poland is just reacting and with good reason. Russia invaded Poland in 1939 at the same time Nazi Germany did. They have every right to have the attitude they do.
FireAg
AG
RebelE Infantry said:

FireAg said:

RebelE Infantry said:

Red Pear Realty said:

Whether or not it is madness or not might wind up being a moot point...

Inertia is hard to reverse...

A coup is needed to put a stop to this, I fear...
Who?mikejones!
ttu_85 said:

FireAg said:

RebelE Infantry said:

Red Pear Realty said:

Oh wait we have seen this movie before. How I wish I could make fun of this post. But I cant. He's right. WW1 began with an assassination. In Eastern Europe **** happens and it often spreads.

An assassination was a spark but the reasons for ww1 were much more vast than a simple political assassination
Maximus_Meridius
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Maximus_Meridius said:

wildmen09 said:

GarryowenAg said:

Rossticus said:

Could someone translate the bolded for the sleep deprived civilian please? I feel like I should know what this means...

1st Armored Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, stationed at Fort Stewart, Georgia

Irf- immediate response force, I believe
Thanks, figured it was something like that but my brain just ain't working today.
PJYoung
AG
Russians parked their tanks and fled.
Quote:

There is little weapons and equipment left from the orcs. Now let's add to our arsenal!

Jock 07
AG
Rossticus said:

Absolutely and where we are kind of behind the 8 ball currently. This was a gap the previous administration was trying to address with the 2018 NPR calling for the development of low yield tactical weapons to be able to fill the gap on the escalation ladder. Unfortunately the current administration has abandoned this push.
Nagler
AG
RebelE Infantry said:

FireAg said:

RebelE Infantry said:

Red Pear Realty said:

This.

Keep sending in equipment and providing the Ukes with as much help as needed but don't get Americans killed over this.

Tell Poland if they decide they want to get involved, we'll support the same way we are with Ukraine but we're not sending American troops.

Until Putin attacks a NATO country we need to stay out.

It's terrible but what is happening but we're not the world police, it's not worth getting American boys killed over this.
AlaskanAg99
AG
After (and/or BIG IF) Russia manages to take Ukraine, their military forces will be so degraded and the economic sanctions so deep they most likely will not be able to start a new campaign in another country. They do not have the capability to replace hardware. Especially not if those countries have had weeks/months to study Russian capability and tactics and prepare defenses.

And as was said elsewhere, domestic unrest and rising unrest in other nations that they occupy may also cause them heartburn. Russia has a dying population and the men of military age are also very unhealthy. They also are losing experienced officers and after 3 weeks they do not have air superiority. They do not have the ability to replace troops.
ABATTBQ11
AG
ttu_85 said:

FireAg said:

RebelE Infantry said:

Red Pear Realty said:

WWI began long before that.
Irish 2.0
MouthBQ98
AG
We couldn't get rid of Castro, and he always had dissidents. No WAY Putin goes before he is ready.

That's a pipe dream. There's more likely to be a general internal revolution in Russia than a hit at the top I would think. Stalin had plenty of internal political enemies but nobody dared to take a chance at him.

Russia's way is to tolerate and outlast whatever misery their government inflicts upon them, at least as long as they are able. At least, for enough of the population that building a revolutionary change takes a LONG time, and a lot of good fortune.

North Korea has been content to remain bottled up by the civilized world for 70 years. I don't see that Russia under Putin would be much different. Bet on having to outlast him and then bargain with his successors.
Who?mikejones!
Nagler said:

RebelE Infantry said:

FireAg said:

RebelE Infantry said:

Red Pear Realty said:

This.

Keep sending in equipment and providing the Ukes with as much help as needed but don't get Americans killed over this.

Tell Poland if they decide they want to get involved, we'll support the same way we are with Ukraine but we're not sending American troops.

Until Putin attacks a NATO country we need to stay out.

It's terrible but what is happening but we're not the world police, it's not worth getting American boys killed over this.

I'm also net yet to sending boots to Ukraine.

I am, however, totally for sending any and all equipment we can including tanks, apcs, planes, cannons, guns, missiles and whatever else we can send.

Putin will not nuke anyone because that ensures he ouster and death.

He will also not attack a nato country over it because that too ensures his ouster and likely death.

This is not ww3. It won't become ww3.
Irish 2.0
PJYoung
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Quote:

Ukraine and Russia have made significant progress on a tentative 15-point peace plan including a ceasefire and Russian withdrawal if Kyiv declares neutrality and accepts limits on its armed forces, according to three people involved in the talks.

The proposed deal, which Ukrainian and Russian negotiators discussed in full for the first time on Monday, would involve Kyiv renouncing its ambitions to join Nato and promising not to host foreign military bases or weaponry in exchange for protection from allies such as the US, UK and Turkey, the people said.

The nature of western guarantees for Ukrainian security and their acceptability to Moscow could yet prove to be a big obstacle to any deal, as could the status of Ukrainian territories seized by Russia and its proxies in 2014. A 1994 agreement underpinning Ukrainian security failed to prevent Russian aggression against its neighbour.

Although Moscow and Kyiv both said on Wednesday that they had made progress on the terms of a deal, Ukrainian officials remain sceptical Russian President Vladimir Putin is fully committed to peace and worry that Moscow could be buying time to regroup its forces and resume its offensive.

Mykhailo Podolyak, a senior adviser to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, told the Financial Times that any deal would involve "the troops of the Russian Federation in any case leaving the territory of Ukraine" captured since the invasion began on February 24 namely southern regions along the Azov and Black Seas, as well as territory to the east and north of Kyiv.

Ukraine would maintain its armed forces but would be obliged to stay outside military alliances such as Nato and refrain from hosting foreign military bases on its territory.

ttu_85
Agthatbuilds said:

ttu_85 said:

FireAg said:

RebelE Infantry said:

Red Pear Realty said:

An assassination was a spark but the reasons for ww1 were much more vast than a simple political assassination
That is true. It had been building for decades. Much like this conflict here. But I did not care to site that detail to make a quick post which was to affirm fireag's point.
LostInLA07
AG
Ukrainians know that "neutrality" just means Russia will invade again later when their CF of a military gets its **** together. And obviously a security guarantee from the US means absolutely nothing, particularly with a coward like Biden in office.

Russia badly needs a time out to save face and regroup. I think Ukraine is making the right decision to not give that to them.
aggiehawg
AG
LostInLA07 said:

Ukrainians know that "neutrality" just means Russia will invade again later when their CF of a military gets its **** together. And obviously a security guarantee from the US means absolutely nothing, particularly with a coward like Biden in office.

Russia badly needs a time out to save face and regroup. I think Ukraine is making the right decision to not give that to them.
Or a Russian controlled state or China will do it for them.
Eliminatus
AG

I know this has been posted already but I finally went through it frame by frame and I am convinced this was an anti-tank mine or similar.

The location could not be more perfect for a mine. Very close setup as to the first KIA my squad had in Iraq actually. There was no projectile in the video. It touches off the instant the left tread hits the ground.

The reason I bring this up again though, is that this is the first I have seen of using emplaced explosive devices against the Russians, on land at least. Not saying it hasn't happened of course but the first I have seen. An interesting data point to me. Mines are in another category of warfare and certain decisions have to be made to use them knowing the possible consequences. I know the Ukes don't have much choice after all trying to repel Russia but this type of asymmetric warfare is not lightly made for obvious reasons such as reprisals and friendly fire chances. Especially against civilians.

Again, just interesting to me. I am a certified humanitarian de-miner, did it once and noped out of that forever and went back to UXO. The cleanup phase of this war once it ends is going to be a nightmare.
HoldMyBeer
AG
mickeyrig06sq3 said:

ATX_AG_08 said:

I'm starting to think that "Hold My Beer" is part of Ukraine's tactical strategy.
I'm fine with this!
Irish 2.0
[THIS THREAD HAS BEEN VERY CONSISTENT ABOUT NOT ALLOWING MEMES OR SIMILAR. ENJOY SOME TIME OFF. -STAFF]
TXAggie2011
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 333 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.