***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,545,378 Views | 47728 Replies | Last: 42 min ago by 74OA
Irish 2.0
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oligarchs liquidating assets maybe?
jabberwalkie09
AG
GigEmRangers75455
Where are all the Molotov Cocktails? Outside of a couple of car drive by videos I haven't seen anyone using them. I keep waiting for windows to open the fury of hell to rain down.
El Quimico
Ukraine started selling war bonds yesterday domestically.

Ukraine gov issues war bonds to fund military spending, raises $270 million

Great show of support from the Ukranian people and a smart move by their government.
tamuags08
AG
12th Man Stan Account said:

Interesting comment from a US Navy veteran:

Godspeed!
How does something like this work and reduce the risk of friendly fire? This is starting to sound like a video game battle royale with different factions being in the same area (although sharing a common enemy). I fear accidental deaths for some of these folks.
SPSAg05
AG
https://www.businessinsider.com/ukraines-tax-office-captured-russian-tanks-not-personal-taxable-income-2022-3

Ukrainian authorities say citizens don't need to declare captured Russian tanks and military equipment for tax purposes
RebelE Infantry
AG
Aggies75455 said:

Where are all the Molotov Cocktails? Outside of a couple of car drive by videos I haven't seen anyone using them. I keep waiting for windows to open the fury of hell to rain down.

Most likely not going to happen because the vast majority of people don't want to get shot to pieces.
The flames of the Imperium burn brightly in the hearts of men repulsed by degenerate modernity. Souls aflame with love of goodness, truth, beauty, justice, and order.
Spaceship
AG
BQwolf05
AG
So it has been asked about the media is reporting and what is the perception in Russia.

Listened to this podcast this morning that interviewed an independent media outlet in Russia.

Today, Explained What Russians think of Putin's war
Waffledynamics
AG
SPSAg05 said:

Waffledynamics said:

Aggies75455 said:

neAGle96 said:

The Ukes seem to be getting a ton of Russian abandoned equipment. How much is usable and not do damaged I'm not sure but pretty wild how much equipment is being left.

Have we seen any evidence of Ukraine being able to turn these captured vehicles around against the enemy yet?

Considering we're talking about a country that still sends their cosmonauts to and from space in basically what amounts to a disposable tuna can 1960s style, can we figure there's much value in an abandoned Russian truck stuck in the mud?

Trucks can be unstuck and move people and supplies. Tanks and other vehicles with weapons can fire on the enemy. Why wouldn't you want them?
rgag12
AG
RebelE Infantry said:

Aggies75455 said:

Most likely not going to happen because the vast majority of people don't want to get shot to pieces.

And ensure the destruction of your home and/or the building you are attacking from.
jabberwalkie09
AG
tamuags08 said:

Godspeed!
How does something like this work and reduce the risk of friendly fire? This is starting to sound like a video game battle royale with different factions being in the same area (although sharing a common enemy). I fear accidental deaths for some of these folks.

I've been wondering how they're going to be able to effectively communicate. Japan has reported some people volunteering and now we have some Americans. I'm sure there's going to be some other countries that volunteers come from. But how will all these groups actually speak to each other? I doubt they know Ukrainian.

Another problem is when will they actually get there. The battle is raging now.
Waffledynamics
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

For which city currently is there an active, raging battle? Kharkov? I've been out of the loop for several hours.
Aust Ag
AG
rgag12 said:

RebelE Infantry said:

Aggies75455 said:

And ensure the destruction of your home and/or the building you are attacking from.
So I guess those stockpiles we saw aren't really getting used then.
JobSecurity
AG
aTmAg
AG
It's pathetic how low the Russians got to get to hit a ground target. Shows how crappy their accuracy is.
LMCane
GAC06 said:

I don't see how they can take Kiev if the people really fight it out. The Russians are showing a serious lack of will combined with major command and control issues. Communication on unencrypted radios and by cell phone? Think about when we went into Fallujah. That took us a month and a half of detailed highly coordinated attacks. Granted the Russians don't seem to care about casualties like we do but that just goes back to their will to fight problem.

The Russians won't try to go house to house like Stalingrad

they will try to encircle Kyiv, Kharkiv, Mariupol and Odessa and dig in their troops

then start to flatten neighborhoods

then try to starve out the citizens.
aTmAg
AG
LMCane said:

GAC06 said:

I don't see how they can take Kiev if the people really fight it out. The Russians are showing a serious lack of will combined with major command and control issues. Communication on unencrypted radios and by cell phone? Think about when we went into Fallujah. That took us a month and a half of detailed highly coordinated attacks. Granted the Russians don't seem to care about casualties like we do but that just goes back to their will to fight problem.

they will try to encircle Kyiv, Kharkiv, Mariupol and Odessa and dig in their troops

Then we should do a Berlin airdrop. Guarded by F-22s of course.
JFABNRGR
AG
Aggies75455 said:

A Molotov cocktail has an extremely short effective range with a huge signature resulting mostly in your death. I would have been advocating for, procuring, or supplying bolt action suppressed .300 BO in subsonic to be dispersed among all those who stayed along with all the other regular weapons. At the end of the day they need air support.
“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
GAC06
AG
aTmAg said:

It's pathetic how low the Russians got to get to hit a ground target. Shows how crappy their accuracy is.

Low is safer. Short window of opportunity to be fired on
jabberwalkie09
AG
Waffledynamics said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

For which city currently is there an active, raging battle? Kharkov? I've been out of the loop for several hours.

I was speaking holistically but Kharkiv had an air assault dropped on it reportedly last night. Mariupol is encircled. Kyiv is facing forces advancing from the north and east last I saw.
GAC06
AG
LMCane said:

GAC06 said:

That's probably their only option but how long can Russia afford to let this drag out? Eventually no one will do business with them especially if they level Kiev
LMCane
SPSAg05 said:

https://www.businessinsider.com/ukraines-tax-office-captured-russian-tanks-not-personal-taxable-income-2022-3

Ukrainian authorities say citizens don't need to declare captured Russian tanks and military equipment for tax purposes
once the Ukes military starts to collapse-

Zelensky better tell all civilians to destroy that abandoned Russian equipment.

the Russkies are probably counting on just recapturing it all back once they start their occupation.

I really think the Ukes should just firebomb it all right now and post their videos.

Putin is counting on capturing enough Uke equipment to replace his losses
stetson
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

tamuags08 said:

Godspeed!

I've been wondering how they're going to be able to effectively communicate. Japan has reported some people volunteering and now we have some Americans. I'm sure there's going to be some other countries that volunteers come from. But how will all these groups actually speak to each other? I doubt they know Ukrainian.

Yeah, I don't think I would want to fight a war next to foreigners whose language I don't understand.
The Shank Ag
JobSecurity said:

The ghost lives on!
Mas89
AG
Aggies75455 said:

So Ukraine is of the worlds largest agriculture producers. They must have a huge fleet of crop dusters to fly on fertilizers and chemicals for the grain fields. I assume they would have modern turbo prop planes which could haul and drop 2,000 to 4,000 lbs loads with little changes to the tanks. These are high performance machines with very experienced pilots. Just wonder if any are being used to drop bombs.
Waffledynamics
AG
Another question: is there any update on the state of the Ukes that were defending Kherson? Are they all dead and captured, or was there a retreat with a possibility of a counterattack?
LMCane
Eliminatus said:

htownag10 said:

It is pretty far east in the Donetsk region. Some of the first fighting was there. This is a very interesting update to me. And good!

Gents- analyze this map and it is clear that once Kharkiv falls and Mariupol,

that the Ukes need to retreat back across the Dnieper during the night in small units and in small cars (to avoid being hit by Russian CAS)

they can then blow every bridge across the Dnieper. it would take the Russkies a few weeks to prepare for a major river crossing under fire.

and then the Ukes can try to keep western Kyiv on their side of the river. at least that gives them half the country with shorter defensive lines and no flank attacks like which are occurring now.
aeroag14
AG
JobSecurity said:

Wild if true. No reason an SU-35 should be anywhere close to a scenario where it could get shot down by a mig29.

Not trying to downplay the Uke pilots feats. But and advanced 4.5 gen air superiority fighter shouldn't be losing any kind of fight to a 4th gen multi role fighter.

Would be the equivalent of an F-15E losing a fight to an 80s national guard F-16.

The Mig is slower, can't climb as fast, can't accelerate as fast, can't carry as many weapons, can't climb as high and has a weaker radar
BQ78
AG
The Chinese will, Putin is evidently prepared for the long game here, it's just a question of time.
GAC06
AG
Yeah but Russians are overwhelmingly closer to Europe. They'll need more than China
SidsBurnerAccount

More Russian equipment being hauled away. Twitter responses say it's a Tor-M2 short-range air defense system

aeroag14
AG
GAC06 said:

Yeah but Russians are overwhelmingly closer to Europe. They'll need more than China
Besides the >4000 km border they share with China.....
GarryowenAg
AG
BQwolf05 said:

So it has been asked about the media is reporting and what is the perception in Russia.

Listened to this podcast this morning that interviewed an independent media outlet in Russia.

Today, Explained What Russians think of Putin's war
That was a great listen; explains a lot about Russia naivete. I recommend it to anyone who has 25min to spare.
agent-maroon
AG
All of this abandoned/captured armament. Like someone posted a while back - where are the IED's?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
First Page Last Page
Page 179 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.