***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,547,573 Views | 47728 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by 74OA
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
AG
aTmAg said:

One big development that nobody seems to be talking about is how China is separating itself from Russia.

That is a big deal. Because if they were teamed up and China was supplying Russia and decided to sanction us from it's goods, we would be FFFFF-ed. Everything economically bad going on in Russia right now would instead be happening here (and maybe worse).

We are china's biggest trading partner. Our GDP is almost $20T. Meanwhile Russia is at like $1.6T GDP. There's no way Russia can fill the vacuum if china decides to sanction us. Let alone how the rest of the world would react. But overall I agree with the economically bad happening here if something even came close to like that.
Rossticus
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
ORRRR it let's the EU say drop the weapons and or retreat or any further action will be met with different consequences.
Irish 2.0
PrestigeWorldwideAg12 said:

ORRRR it let's the EU say drop the weapons and or retreat or any further action will be met with different consequences.
What further consequences? The EU =/= NATO. If an EU nation that is part of NATO joins in the defense of Ukraine outside of what they're doing, it pushes NATO officially into this war. NATO members have already said no.

I think some of y'all may be conflating the two organizations which isn't accurate.
JobSecurity
AG
Looks like this was wrong yesterday
I Sold DeSantis Lifts
Hasn't Turkey wanted in the EU for decades? And now Ukraine jumps them? I'm sure that will go over well with our NATO member.
Ag8556
AG
Russian GDP was 1.6T. Economic sanctions and isolation are driving that down. Our best case to remove Putin is bank runs and financial calamity for the Russian economy.
aTmAg
AG
Red Pear Luke said:

aTmAg said:

One big development that nobody seems to be talking about is how China is separating itself from Russia.

That is a big deal. Because if they were teamed up and China was supplying Russia and decided to sanction us from it's goods, we would be FFFFF-ed. Everything economically bad going on in Russia right now would instead be happening here (and maybe worse).

We are china's biggest trading partner. Our GDP is almost $20T. Meanwhile Russia is at like $1.6T GDP. There's no way Russia can fill the vacuum if china decides to sanction us. Let alone how the rest of the world would react. But overall I agree with the economically bad happening here if something even came close to like that.
We are trading them dollars in exchange for real tangible stuff. It is an economic fallacy that they need our dollars more than we need their stuff. The opposite is true. They would have no problem going without our dollars and keeping that stuff for themselves (and selling their surplus to Russia and others).
AgResearch
AG
JobSecurity said:

aTmAg
AG
JobSecurity said:

I think it's more likely that the rest of NATO threatened Poland out of it.

NATO has made it clear that Ukraine is on their own. Basically saying "Good luck dudes. Maybe we'll let you in NATO if you somehow pull this out."
Irish 2.0
Rossticus
Conflicting reports continue to emerge on this front. Has to be disinfo on our end.
AgResearch
AG
Rossticus said:

Conflicting reports continue to emerge on this front. Has to be disinfo on our end.
Hope so
JobSecurity
AG
Here's the real reason for the comm strikes
Irish 2.0
Rossticus
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Irish 2.0 said:

PrestigeWorldwideAg12 said:

What further consequences? The EU =/= NATO. If an EU nation that is part of NATO joins in the defense of Ukraine outside of what they're doing, it pushes NATO officially into this war. NATO members have already said no.

I think some of y'all may be conflating the two organizations which isn't accurate.
I'm fully aware of the differences and I never said the war was going to be joined by any of them. There are further sanctions out there to be had that EU can throw on Russia through other countries. Russia will slowly fill the current sanctions and they will work, but you can throw harder and surrounding countries such as India.
will25u
GarryowenAg
AG
Edit: nvmd. Just saw it was posted earlier.
BAP Enthusiast

Russia appears to be switching back to Syrian tactics and fully committing. It appears they are escalating now as well.
will25u
GarryowenAg said:

Haven't figured out how to post Twitter links on mobile app, but I just saw that the EU has accepted Ukraine's application for membership. Formal voting for membership takes place 4:30 local time ( 8:30am cst I believe)
ETA: This does not mean they are in the EU. It is just a step in the process. Now the EU can formally consider the application.

Irish 2.0
India has made it obvious they're staying neutral in this. The EU has shown they won't do what is needed and that is to cut off the O&G from Russia. They left the carve outs in all of their sanctions. UK seems to be the only ones that are truly giving a hardy FU to Russia. They could've done that before they did the EU membership. It is symbolic at this point because the cowards either can't or won't do what is necessary to stop Russia and that is to turn them into N. Korea 2.0 until they GTFO of Ukraine.
FireAg
AG
will25u said:

GarryowenAg said:

Haven't figured out how to post Twitter links on mobile app, but I just saw that the EU has accepted Ukraine's application for membership. Formal voting for membership takes place 4:30 local time ( 8:30am cst I believe)

Okay what does this REALLY mean? Let's say they are admitted to the EU in the next 48 hours…

Then what?
black_ice
FireAg said:

will25u said:

GarryowenAg said:

Okay what does this REALLY mean? Let's say they are admitted to the EU in the next 48 hours…

Then what?

Nothing.
aggiehawg
AG
FireAg said:

will25u said:

GarryowenAg said:

Then what?
EU has no standing military but does have a common defense provision. That authorizes individual member states to use their militaries to assist another member.
JobSecurity
AG
I wonder if we're going to see deepfakes of Zelensky here soon

Irish 2.0
aggiehawg said:

FireAg said:

will25u said:

GarryowenAg said:

Then what?
EU has no standing military but does have a common defense provision. That authorizes individual member states to use their militaries to assist another member.
Now you're crossing a NATO stream then...not the grey area NATO wants to be working in
Irish 2.0
I Sold DeSantis Lifts
black_ice said:

FireAg said:

will25u said:

GarryowenAg said:

Then what?

Nothing.

Right. They just bypassed Turkey and other states to let them in. And for no reason. Yes. Lol.
Engine10
AG
Agree I think EU has something up their sleeve here. To rush an admit for show right now would be a horrendous look later on.
aggiehawg
AG
Engine10 said:

Agree I think EU has something up their sleeve here. To rush an admit for show right now would be a horrendous look later on.
I sure hope so.
AgLiving06
I think they are trying to give Putin an out by trying to turn this from a negotiation with just Ukraine to the whole EU.

He can save face and say he accomplished his goals, and then extract something from the EU to call it a win.
redsquirrelAG
AG
Rossticus said:

JFABNRGR said:

Seems like something has changed in the last 18 hours in a very bad way for the Ukes, like someone has influenced them to not support as much. I sure hope it was not us.

The fact is that Ukraine simply cannot hold out against Russia solo and never could. They've fared better than anticipated due to sheer incompetence on Russia's part but they're massively outgunned. Russia is attacking urban centers and not just military targets.

They'll level Kyiv and take it. They'll level Kharkiv and take it. They'll level Kherson and take it. They'll consolidate and close off everything east of Kyiv. They'll rest, resupply, regroup, and then move west. We'll watch because of "better them than us", whether you agree with it or not.

I hope I'm wrong and a miracle occurs but it will take a miracle at this point.

You will be wrong.
Engine10
AG
That's an idea. Given the whole gas situation impacts EU more so than Ukraine, there's one lever. Interesting
Irish 2.0
First Page Last Page
Page 160 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.