***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,551,557 Views | 47731 Replies | Last: 15 hrs ago by Waffledynamics
JobSecurity
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
dtkprowler
AG
Fair, thanks for the insight!
Robk
MouthBQ98
AG
That's a BMP-3 at the beginning. I don't know what it was, but it got several vehicles in a cluster. I wouldn't be anywhere near something burning with a bunch of 152mm shells scattered about.
one MEEN Ag
AG
1950s era bomber flying around. Doesn't bode well for Ukraine's ability to contest airspace with SAMs if a turboprop bomber is flying around.

Raiderjay
Oh Sh@t IDF and Mossad about to get in the mix.....
Aggie_3
Robk said:

Putin is one dumb mother ****er if he chooses to piss of the Israelis
aeroag14
AG
one MEEN Ag said:

1950s era bomber flying around. Doesn't bode well for Ukraine's ability to contest airspace with SAMs if a turboprop bomber is flying around.

Edit:

Sorry, I misread your quote. My bad. Definitely agree with you.
one MEEN Ag
AG
An aireal attack against Israeli's leaving Ukraine seems like that just fast tracks Israeli SAMs back up to Ukraine.
AgBQ-00
AG
If the video about radar/comms site being devastated is to be believed they may be more comfortable bringing them in now. I believe they are the Russian counterpart to the B-52 for us. So if they are around we may start seeing more "area" bombing.
You do not have a soul. You are a soul that has a body.

We sing Hallelujah! The Lamb has overcome!
one MEEN Ag
AG
aeroag14 said:

one MEEN Ag said:

This is the equivalent of Americans sending in B-52s (which was initially designed before the TU-95, fyi).

If it is a Tu-95, it means 2 things.

1) That the Russians have assessed that they have degraded Ukrainian Anti-Air assets to a point that they can now send in (mostly) defenseless bombers

2) The Russians can now deliver more (and larger) payloads of munitions.
I agree with you completely. This isn't good. Ukraine's going to need air defenses quick if it wants to stave off carpet bombing. Russia wouldn't have sent that plane in if they were worried a SAM or a fighter jet would be able to respond.
aeroag14
AG
100% agree. Misread your initial post.
lb3
AG
Salute CornPops Message said:

Oh Sh@t IDF and Mossad about to get in the mix.....
Mossad for sure if true. But highly unlikely the IDF gets involved.
Carlo4
AG
Aggie_3 said:

Robk said:

Putin is one dumb mother ****er if he chooses to piss of the Israelis

Remember when he was denatzifying the government as a pretext for war? Putin is beyond laughable at this point.
JobSecurity
AG
Interesting thread here about some of what Russia is doing on the propaganda front. Using AI generated faces to create supposedly legitimate accounts

JobSecurity
AG
AustinAg2K
JobSecurity said:

At the rate things are going, the 5 million rubles will like 50 bucks soon.
one MEEN Ag
AG
I think we're finally seeing the war machine we thought would Russia would steam roll in on Day 1 with. Russia has decided it would rather have a flattened city than no city at all.

EU is going to need to respond with more than just small arms and anti-tank missiles if it wants to see Ukraine beat back the Russians.
Faustus
https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/02/28/world/ukraine-russia-war

Quote:

. . .
France is moving its embassy in Ukraine from Kyiv to Lviv because of safety concerns, the French foreign minister announced on Monday evening.
. . .
Agsuffering@bulaw
And I agree with the posters cautioning about an escalation. I feel for the Ukes, but their our lives will go on whether they prevail or not.

And frankly, America has already won. Any rational chicom will question whether their tech can hang with western. The likelihood of them invading Taiwan must be seriously reduced. Germany is finally paying its NATO dues.

And now, it sounds like zelensky is getting prideful. If the Russians were willing to go home in exchange for crimea and the break away eastern provinces- that was the deal to make. Ukraine will never get those back. The resident don't want to be part of Ukraine just like the rest of Ukraine does not want to be a Russian satellite.

Not saying that was the offer. We do know that zelensky has refused to cede an inch.
JobSecurity
AG
Zelensky speaks
Strongweasel97
AG
one MEEN Ag said:

aeroag14 said:

one MEEN Ag said:

This is the equivalent of Americans sending in B-52s (which was initially designed before the TU-95, fyi).

If it is a Tu-95, it means 2 things.

1) That the Russians have assessed that they have degraded Ukrainian Anti-Air assets to a point that they can now send in (mostly) defenseless bombers

2) The Russians can now deliver more (and larger) payloads of munitions.
I agree with you completely. This isn't good. Ukraine's going to need air defenses quick if it wants to stave off carpet bombing. Russia wouldn't have sent that plane in if they were worried a SAM or a fighter jet would be able to respond.
This fits with strategic bombing of supply lines mentioned earlier.
i is smart
AG
Thanks for the updates guys. Seems like collateral damage js no longer a concern of Putin now, which is concerning.
Rapier108
one MEEN Ag said:

In terms of age, the B-52 says hi.

The TU-95 can fly high and fast. It is still the fastest turboprop aircraft in operation. If that is what it was, then most likely Ivan knows the airspace in that area is not contested by SAMs which can reach high altitude.
Houston Lee
AG
AustinAg2K said:

JobSecurity said:

At the rate things are going, the 5 million rubles will like 50 bucks soon.
Its about $50K
Aggie_3
JobSecurity said:

So what's that like five dollars now?
GeorgiAg
AG
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

So what's that like five dollars now?
About $47,000 USD, I think.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Uh, first rule of Molotov cocktail is don't fire bomb yourself
one MEEN Ag
AG
Rapier108 said:

one MEEN Ag said:

The TU-95 can fly high and fast. It is still the fastest turboprop aircraft in operation. If that is what it was, then most likely Ivan knows the airspace in that area is not contested by SAMs which can reach high altitude.
The only reason I mention the age is because basically every generation of surface to air missile comes after the creation of these bombers. Russia's not using a knock off version of a B2 here.

They could dust off SAMs from any generation and it have the capabilities to take out a plane with the flight envelope of a turboprop bomber. (Of course, that doesn't mean there aren't other counter measures that need to be overcome).

Things aren't looking good.
jabberwalkie09
AG
GeorgiAg said:

Obligatory: I saw that going differently in my head.

Looks like she got her arm with that Molotov cocktail.
Robk
jabberwalkie09 said:

GeorgiAg said:

Obligatory: I saw that going differently in my head.

Looks like she got her arm with that Molotov cocktail.
And the guy in the back seat. Live and learn
jabberwalkie09
AG
one MEEN Ag said:

Rapier108 said:

one MEEN Ag said:

The only reason I mention the age is because basically every generation of surface to air missile comes after the creation of these bombers. Russia's not using a knock off version of a B2 here.

They could dust off SAMs from any generation and it have the capabilities to take out a plane with the flight envelope of a turboprop bomber. (Of course, that doesn't mean there aren't other counter measures that need to be overcome).

Things aren't looking good.

If Russia had a B2 equivalent in their inventory, they would have used it by now. AFAIK, they don't have anything in their bomber inventory that is analogous. I don't think any country does currently actually.
Talon2DSO
AG
Doesn't Ukraine have any SA2 (S75)? I thought those could hit higher altitude and had some range. SA5 I doubt they have.

Then again, I'm from a different era so my info is old
AggieKO
AG
Can't say I've ever made one, but do Molotovs include styrofoam?
First Page Last Page
Page 140 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.