***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,552,902 Views | 47733 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by 74OA
Irish 2.0
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dan Scott said:

We've already essentially declared war on Russia. We're supplying Ukraine and sanctioning their economy. If I'm Russia that's declaration of war

The only thing we haven't supplied yet is our soldiers…we're at war right now.

At this point I don't see why we don't just go in and destroy that 4 mile long motorcade. Do it under the cover of darkness (now) and say "prove it."
jabberwalkie09
AG

Who?mikejones!
Dan Scott said:

We've already essentially declared war on Russia. We're supplying Ukraine and sanctioning their economy. If I'm Russia that's declaration of war

I agree. If my enemy is shooting me with your weapons and you have stopped my ability to transact business, we would be at war so far as I'm concerned
Who?mikejones!
Is the a10 in the nato inventory??
FTAco07
AG
Non aviator translation? Why would they take out the good stuff and make them go old school analog radio?
JB!98
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Dan Scott said:

I agree. If my enemy is shooting me with your weapons and you have stopped my ability to transact business, we would be at war so far as I'm concerned
Did we go to war with Russia as they were supplying the Vietnamese with SAMS, Mig-21's (With pilots in some cases), and other weapons systems? Now the sanctions are another story.
Today, unfortunately, many Americans have good reason to fear that they will be victimized if they are unable to protect themselves. And today, no less than in 1791, the Second Amendment guarantees their right to do so. - Justice Samuel Alito 2022
Fishing Fools

Irish 2.0
FTAco07 said:

Non aviator translation? Why would they take out the good stuff and make them go old school analog radio?

Because the training for the good stuff would take time they don't have. They're already trained on the not so good stuff
Ag In Ok
AG
FireAg said:

JobSecurity said:

Not that the result was in doubt but this is the first confirmation I've seen

I hate to say it, but it's not going to take much to get this whole thing to spin out of control…

It's not hyperbole…Russians are doing a lot of saber rattling with nukes today…

Agreed. The heat is rising quickly. The 11 "divisions" about to come ashore, flood of weapons, higher end armaments, with millions of citizens hunkering down - this is about to get out of hand.
jabberwalkie09
AG
FTAco07 said:

Not an aviator, there are a few on this board though. If these are going to be flying immediately over, either they are going over as-is and they will be going with their pilots flying the Ukrainian Flag as Ukrainians or the other countries have been already been preparing for this eventuality over the last couple of days and ripped any sensitive equipment out.

Frankly, I'm really wondering if we are going to be seeing a modern day Flying Tigers basically.
EKUAg
AG
Ag In Ok said:

FireAg said:

JobSecurity said:

I hate to say it, but it's not going to take much to get this whole thing to spin out of control…

Agreed. The heat is rising quickly. The 11 "divisions" about to come ashore, flood of weapons, higher end armaments, with millions of citizens hunkering down - this is about to get out of hand.

When did the amphibious landing go from 11 battalions to 11 divisions? Did I miss something?
BQ_90
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

Jayhawk said:

I have no idea how this works logistically in terms of airspace, or which airport they'd use (probably Lviv).. but the Euros are not messing around. They have turned off their techno and are now blasting Wagner.

Maybe a Flyign Tigers sort of situation?
In Korea the NorKo flew outta China, many with Russian pilots. I hope the same happens here with nato pilots
swc93
AG
JB!98 said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Dan Scott said:

Did we go to war with Russia as they were supplying the Vietnamese with SAMS, Mig-21's (With pilots in some cases), and other weapons systems? Now the sanctions are another story.

Ditto Afghanistan to a degree.
AgsMyDude
AG
Dan Scott said:

I was about to ask...what's the difference between providing weapons, aircraft, etc and bombing them ourselves? In their eyes it's probably equivalent
Who?mikejones!
Ag In Ok said:

FireAg said:

JobSecurity said:

I said this either Friday or last night, along with many others, Russian needed to "win" days ago or this risked going to a much bigger level.

Each hour that passes, each plane/helicopter/tank/airborne division taken out bruises an unstable man's ego. Russia retreating or stopping is not a realistic option. Only escalation is an option for putin. He already has all the sanctions the world can bring. Whats the motivation to stop?

Either someone must take him down from within or he does something monumentally rash.

He's already fired a major commander. That guy is already dead or in Siberia, probably.

Uke needs to go on the offensive at some point and push the ruskies out and rout them. Putin, from afar, can't stop his soldiers from quitting.
McInnis 03
AG
hbtheduce said:

Yeah, Unless there are Ukrainian nationals in NATO countries that can fly it.

The NATO countries are walking a VERY fine line here. Seems like the powers at be want to throw us into full on confrontation with Russia.

Europe remembers not long ago when they were just about all taken over and decimated by a few ******* dictators. They may remember what works and what doesn't. Kudos to them for hammer down mentality.
Dorm 15
AG
This is happening in the EU's backyard. I just don't see how they can sit on their hands. An unpopular opinion on this site but they (Europe) remember WW II.
Who?mikejones!
Irish 2.0 said:

FTAco07 said:

Because the training for the good stuff would take time they don't have. They're already trained on the not so good stuff

Getting strong vibes from this

JB!98
AG
Vietnam:

Due to the urgency brought on by Operation Rolling Thunder, and until North Vietnamese missilemen could be trained, Soviet PVO SAM Anti-Aircraft Missile operator/instructors were quickly deployed to North Vietnam in 1965, and through 1966 were responsible for downing approximately 48 US aircraft during the course of defending North Vietnam. There is one reported ace pilot from the USSR, Col. Vadim Shcherbakov who is credited with 6 air-to-air kills.

I realize that it was 50 years ago, but not unprecedented.
Today, unfortunately, many Americans have good reason to fear that they will be victimized if they are unable to protect themselves. And today, no less than in 1791, the Second Amendment guarantees their right to do so. - Justice Samuel Alito 2022
RangerRick9211
AG
I thought the firing turned out to be false.

We still haven't sanctioned their O&G sector. And sanctions take time. We could also crank cyber up on them as well.

Plenty of screws left to turn. But the pressure is on. How long will the Russian people live in the Dark Ages?
bmks270
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Dan Scott said:

If Russia attacks anything outside of Ukraine they will draw the West into a live war beyond sanctions. I think the West needs to be prepared for Russian military retaliation to sanctions.
Who?mikejones!
JB!98 said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Dan Scott said:

Obviously not directly. The nukes prevented that and might still here. That's why putin is nuke rattling. Will he use them? Doubtful.

I think we'd have been justified to go to war with Russia when they were supplying Vietnam or them with us when we were supplying Afghanistan.
Irish 2.0
Time to stop playing **** around and sanction the oil. It may hurt us in the short term, but it will end them in the short term. Financial collapse is the way to end this. Force the oligarchs to end Putin for their own self preservation.
Dorm 15
AG
I strongly suspect there are many non-Ukrainians fighting with the Ukrainians.
Who?mikejones!
There appears to be quite a bit of discontent with this war by the Russian people. More than putin probably guessed there would be

I just hope the sanctions on putins inner circle creates enough pressure to sack him.
ttu_85
jabberwalkie09 said:

Jsimonds58 said:

Holy ****

Guy is a senior advisor EU parliament.
Then he is a dumbass announcing this. Good lord !!!
RangerRick9211
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Time to stop playing **** around and sanction the oil. It may hurt us in the short term, but it will end them in the short term. Financial collapse is the way to end this. Force the oligarchs to end Putin for their own self preservation.

We'd be fine. Olaf would be up a creek. It's still winter in Germany. It's a last resort.

Asphyxiation is the play to diplomacy. Don't give the dude a yolo option.
Who?mikejones!
Irish 2.0 said:

Combine oil sanctions with opening our production full up would be a real power move
ttu_85
'03ag said:

Does NATO have aircraft that Ukranian pilots could operate?

If the plan is to hand over aircraft, sending them a bunch of Typhoons won't do them any good will it?

Yes Poland has Mig-29's
Bag
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Combine oil sanctions with opening our production full up would be a real power move
not how it works, its not a light switch
bmks270
AG
Why broadcast military strategy on Twitter? Wouldn't it be better if the air support surprised Russia and they have to figure out themselves where it's coming from?
Charpie
AG
They are likely doing it after the fact
Irish 2.0
German winter has been relatively mild this year and they've got enough reserves to whether the remainder of it. It's the play now before the weather goes to **** in Ukraine and you've got the Russians and their heavy machinery trapped in Ukraine
aeroag14
AG
bmks270 said:

Why broadcast military strategy on Twitter? Wouldn't it be better if the air support surprised Russia and they have to figure out themselves where it's coming from?

It's a show of force and the solidarity/commitment of the west
JB!98
AG
ttu_85 said:

'03ag said:

Does NATO have aircraft that Ukranian pilots could operate?

If the plan is to hand over aircraft, sending them a bunch of Typhoons won't do them any good will it?

Yes Poland has Mig-29's
I think they Poles were going to retire these anyway, so they found a new owner for as long as they last. I assume either the Ukes have enough weapons for them or the Poles are providing them. They may not have to worry much about maintenance as with the high threat environment, they may be single use aircraft.
First Page Last Page
Page 121 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.