***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,552,893 Views | 47733 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by 74OA
Pooh Ah
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
98Ag99Grad
AG
Been my fear since the beginning. There is no losing for him. He will not simply say "My bad guys. You're right and I shouldn't have done this." Still saying this guy will lob a nuke is 50/50.
aggiehawg
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

aggiehawg said:

Fitch said:

JobSecurity said:

Oh. Dandy.
Trying to get all of their oligarchs back in country?

Most if not all of the important ones are already there. Putin called them home before he started
WOW! That was kind of dumb of them to put themselves under his boot.
Irish 2.0
Germany preparing to turn their nuke plants back up
agent-maroon
AG
Love Gun said:

aggiehawg said:

Land mines have warheads?

wiki - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_demolition_munition
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ConfidentAg
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Idiots should of never of unplugged them with no LNG import facilities operating in the country.
Michael Cera Palin
AG
There are still 3 currently operating that are due to shut down this year as part of the phase out. No way that happens now with the uncertainty in LNG access
Jock 07
AG
Love Gun said:

aggiehawg said:

Land mines have warheads?

All sorts of **** had nuclear variants back in the day.
agent-maroon
AG
Pooh Ah said:

Now THAT'S how you issue a strongly worded statement!

Wow!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Ag87H2O
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

It's sad how often reality has to slap some people upside the head to wake them up. It was all so predictable. At least it's not too late to turn back a terrible decision.
Gordo14
98Ag99Grad said:

Been my fear since the beginning. There is no losing for him. He will not simply say "My bad guys. You're right and I shouldn't have done this." Still saying this guy will lob a nuke is 50/50.

Then we need to hope that he gets removed from power by whatever means necessary before that happens. Russian Oligrachs do not rationally want to risk nuclear-level engagement. They have a lot to lose.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Gordo14 said:

98Ag99Grad said:

Then we need to hope that he gets removed from power by whatever means necessary before that happens. Russian Oligrachs do not rational want to risk nuclear-level engagement. They have a lot to lose.

With the ruble collapsing I could see someone buying off military personnel to take him out.
Fitch
AG
Missed this one earlier. He's probably exactly right.

RangerRick9211
AG
Crude. Gold. Dollar. All up together. What?!

Ruble hasn't budged against USD. I'm not even sure it's trading. How are their banks marking rates?

Yeah, yeah, futures are down here. So much can change by tomorrow morning.
Bag
AG
Fitch said:

Missed this one earlier. He's probably exactly right.

Putin is Hitler 2.0, any signed treaty with this sociopath is not worth the paper its signed on
JB!98
AG
98Ag99Grad said:

Gordo14 said:

98Ag99Grad said:

Then we need to hope that he gets removed from power by whatever means necessary before that happens. Russian Oligrachs do not rational want to risk nuclear-level engagement. They have a lot to lose.

With the ruble collapsing I could see someone buying off military personnel to take him out.
I have a hard time believing that Putin and the oligarchs that run Russia have some sort of death pact. Someone in that group has to be rational and understand that MAD means nobody wins and there are no more yachts and miniature giraffes after a nuclear exchange. Putin has not gone gangster in Ukraine either because he wanted to keep the infrastructure in place or try and maintain public opinion, the latter obviously did not work. An irrational Putin would have went HAM right out of the gates if he truly didn't care.

The Chinese also lose big if Putin pushes the button. They lose their biggest trading partners Europe and the US and have to deal with the nuclear fallout that will surely affect them.

My point is that either Putin is bluffing or somebody is going to take him out.
Today, unfortunately, many Americans have good reason to fear that they will be victimized if they are unable to protect themselves. And today, no less than in 1791, the Second Amendment guarantees their right to do so. - Justice Samuel Alito 2022
JayHowdy!
Comeby!
AG
JB!98 said:

98Ag99Grad said:

Gordo14 said:

98Ag99Grad said:

I have a hard time believing that Putin and the oligarchs that run Russia have some sort of death pact. Someone in that group has to be rational and understand that MAD means nobody wins and there are no more yachts and miniature giraffes after a nuclear exchange. Putin has not gone gangster in Ukraine either because he wanted to keep the infrastructure in place or try and maintain public opinion, the latter obviously did not work. An irrational Putin would have went HAM right out of the gates if he truly didn't care.

The Chinese also lose big if Putin pushes the button. They lose their biggest trading partners Europe and the US and have to deal with the nuclear fallout that will surely affect them.

My point is that either Putin is bluffing or somebody is going to take him out.

Why not both?
Robk
The oligarch that takes him out gets all their money back and half of the others.
gamedrunk
AG
bigangrytexan said:

gamedrunk said:

JobSecurity said:

This is actually (official) big news to me, especially after Russia threatens the world with Nuclear. Even though it is mostly talk and very unlikely, a 1% chance is still too much for me.

I saw some posts about removing Russians from the US. I prefer to have them here and track them because I know if there is a sudden evacuation, then it is more serious than 1%.

Really? Tracking Russians here? Many of whom are American Citizens?

What's next, you want to put them in internment camps like we did to the Japanese in WW2?

WTF is wrong with you?
Sorry, that's not what I meant. This probably has more to do with available flights and civil unrest like the previous poster. I should say that I see this as an indicator of the seriousness of the current events. When countries start to pull their citizens back, things are getting real not like it hasn't already.
2wealfth Man
AG
can we try to keep this focused on military events, strategies, tactics, weapons, battles, equipment, etc.
Dorm 15
AG
This has been mostly nice.
black_ice
Let stay on topic here men.
Jsimonds58
AG

Holy ****
No Spin Ag
98Ag99Grad said:

Gordo14 said:

98Ag99Grad said:

The second a GoFundMe pops up I'm in.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
2wealfth Man
jabberwalkie09
AG
Jsimonds58 said:

Holy ****

Guy is a senior advisor EU parliament.
Bag
AG
Jsimonds58 said:

Holy ****
no blue checkmark, is this legit?
Jayhawk

I have no idea how this works logistically in terms of airspace, or which airport they'd use (probably Lviv).. but the Euros are not messing around. They have turned off their techno and are now blasting Wagner.
txaggie02
AG
Those little Chechen *******s just had the tide turned against them. Hopefully they are all lined up so that one drone can clean em all out.
Ulysses90
AG
hunter2012 said:

Can an Abrams with modern plating take a hit from a Javelin or NLAW?
I don't know for sure. The Javalin is a top-attack weapons that can very likely penetrate the top armor on an Abrams. That has probably been tested by the results are no doubt classified.

No Spin Ag
jabberwalkie09 said:

Jsimonds58 said:

Holy ****

Guy is a senior advisor EU parliament.

Sh*t just got real. About time.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
FireAg
AG
I love the smell of napalm in the morning…
Carlo4
AG
Jsimonds58 said:

Holy ****

Ukraine… on your left.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Jayhawk said:

I have no idea how this works logistically in terms of airspace, or which airport they'd use (probably Lviv).. but the Euros are not messing around. They have turned off their techno and are now blasting Wagner.

Maybe a Flyign Tigers sort of situation?
First Page Last Page
Page 119 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.