***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,556,055 Views | 47736 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by ABATTBQ11
FTAco07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's what I was thinking. Take some cover man! Videographer crazy too. Point a gun not a phone!
hunter2012
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

GD it Leroy

Charpie
AG
Don't post stuff like "breaking news" or the like without a link.

Thanks y'all.
SPSAg05
AG

Mounting evidence of Russia employing banned cluster munitions.
redline248
AG
htownag10 said:

Intense fighting just outside the Kyiv

I can't imagine just casually walking around while there is gunfire in what seems like close proximity.
BrokeAssAggie
htownag10
AG
Lol Easter Europeans are a different breed
BD88
BD88
AG
Ulysses90
AG
Eliminatus said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

And an insertion all the way over in the western most portion of the country? Why?
Dude, I have no idea. Credit due to the Ukes for fighting and disrupting the Russians at every turn, but this whole damn invasion just seems like such a half-assed, disjointed mess. The tactical level stuff everyone is fighting hard of course and giving their all, but the overall strategy of this entire war is impossible for me to figure out. Not the goals per se, but the method Russia is going about trying to achieve them.

The only thing I can think of to explain any of this, is just overwhelming arrogance leading to mistakes that are mounting together. It truly is possible I guess that Putin thought the Ukes would just cave immediately?

Anyone have intel on follow on forces? Second wave trickling in? Did Belarus ever finally get into this? Chechans? (**** those guys in particular for personal reasons.)
Jumping back a few pages, this sounds like a platoon sized insertion and they were probably planning on linking up with other platoons landed nearby.

The interesting thing about this report and many others is that they Russians seem to have planned heavily on psychological shock among the civilian populace at the mere sight for Russian forces. That presumed fear-factor led them to make many bad assumptions. Rather than being in terror of the invading Russians the Ukrainians have been steeling their confidence for months and instead of terror at the sight of Russian they are enraged. Remarkably, enraged but showing humane treatment of POWs (which just makes me love and respect this Ukrainian culture I have never visited in person).

I believe I have seen this movie before.

GAC06
AG
SPSAg05 said:

Mounting evidence of Russia employing banned cluster munitions.

Russia didn't sign the treaty and neither did we
AggieKO
AG
Putin thought he was going to waltz in like the Taliban and they were just going to give it to him. Now it's either humiliating defeat or all-in. Either will most likely weaken Russia long term.
Ag87H2O
AG
SidetrackAg said:

htownag10 said:

Intense fighting just outside the Kyiv

Straight up BALLS walking and laughing so calm in that situation

Reminds me of Captain Spiers in the assault on Foy in Band of Brothers, except he's actually walking into the battle.
GarryowenAg
AG
YouBet said:

GarryowenAg said:

Robk said:

PWestAg18 said:

JobSecurity said:

Has anyone seen more confirmation of this? I feel like this is REALLY big news but haven't seen anything besides this one tweet.
I think is premature and comes from Cyprus and Hungrary saying they are now good with it. We will see if Germany backs out now that those two countries are not providing cover.
Germany and France backed out last night.
You have a source? Not seeing this.
I got a little toasty last night and can't remember if it was a tweet earlier in this thread, or when I was listening to the OSINT Live Thread.
Ag In Ok
AG
BrokeAssAggie said:

Maybe the Netherlands should just send them anyway - buy American, Swedish, or British replacement systems. Germany needs to fall in line.
Jayhawk
News from the southern front

RebelE Infantry
AG

Oops
The flames of the Imperium burn brightly in the hearts of men repulsed by degenerate modernity. Souls aflame with love of goodness, truth, beauty, justice, and order.
SPSAg05
AG
YouBet
AG
GarryowenAg said:

YouBet said:

GarryowenAg said:

Robk said:

PWestAg18 said:

JobSecurity said:

Has anyone seen more confirmation of this? I feel like this is REALLY big news but haven't seen anything besides this one tweet.
I think is premature and comes from Cyprus and Hungrary saying they are now good with it. We will see if Germany backs out now that those two countries are not providing cover.
Germany and France backed out last night.
You have a source? Not seeing this.
I got a little toasty last night and can't remember if it was a tweet earlier in this thread, or when I was listening to the OSINT Live Thread.
No worries. Fog of war. I see nothing on WSJ about SWIFT period so not sure anyone knows what's happening on this topic.
SidetrackAg
AG
Apparently these kids were told they were going to a training exercise, and then were sent to Ukraine. I don't speak Russian, just what someone in the comments translated

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CacLowpg9GN/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
G Martin 87
AG
htxag09 said:

I enjoy reading WWII books and one of the biggest takeaways for me is always the resilience of those guys to be without food and shivering cold for so long.

Seems the US isn't the only country who's people have gotten weaker the last 50 years. Those soldiers made it through entire winters. These Russians aren't lasting 3 days.
Good point. It also seems that the Russians didn't learn from the Wehrmacht's experience after 1942. Blitzkrieg tactics stopped working when resupply failed and air superiority was absent, and German generals got overconfident after early successes in 1939-41.
Irish 2.0
*Warning - Graphic Video

Apparently Russians have NGs that aren't supposed to be out of Russia in Ukraine
Ag In Ok
AG
Is that an SU-25 frogfoot?
agent-maroon
AG
RebelE Infantry said:

Oops
Embarrassing from a propaganda standpoint if true, but can't say I'm disappointed that these men still live.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Strongweasel97
AG
Some vestiges of the USSR appear to still linger: when you're fearful of your life and family, you lie to the people at the top. You tell them you're equipment is superior to the enemy and ready to go. The morale of your troops is high and you're ready to dispatch the evil from the motherland.

That's the information the top brass seems to have used to plan the invasion. I don't buy the whole "elite troops" are coming narrative. I see the same rotting husk of the old Soviet army here IMHO. If they succeed it'll be through sheer numbers.
flashplayer
AG
Both sides are good at lying. This could be Russian propaganda/staged but no way to know.
RONA Ag
AG
Hope it's not media bias but it seems nato and the EU are all in one way or another falling in line with armament support. When will we hear that Russia has been ejected from Swift?
ttu_85
BD88 said:

Interesting. I hope it was the Ukrainians and not us. Cyber attacks from the west could destabilize things and spread the conflict.

Hmm, if I am China I'd kick around the idea of launching cyber attacks against both the US and Russian Federation. And make it look like it sourced from either side. Evil I know but I half expect China to try something like this.

I hope we are very, very careful on this front and make no mistake this is a major 21st C battle front.
BD88
AG
RONA Ag said:

Hope it's not media bias but it seems nato and the EU are all in one way or another falling in line with armament support. When will we hear that Russia has been ejected from Swift?

Irish 2.0
Anonymous has been cyber attacking Russia since Thursday too
JobSecurity
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
agent-maroon said:

RebelE Infantry said:

Oops
Embarrassing from a propaganda standpoint if true, but can't say I'm disappointed that these men still live.

If true, this is a key exposure of Ukraine's propaganda machines. Anything that sounds too good to be true and too movie-like probably is.
BD88
AG
Take it to them…

RebelE Infantry
AG
Oh for sure. The amount of propaganda flying around is insane.

It seems to be confirmed by Ukrainian side in this case, however.

Also want to add I'm very glad they are alive.
Jayhawk
BD88 said:

Take it to them…

Would not be the first time Putin has bombed his own Russian people to add to his power.
First Page Last Page
Page 78 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.