***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,555,271 Views | 47734 Replies | Last: 15 hrs ago by 74OA
jabberwalkie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
GarryowenAg said:

Keegan99 said:

Is this combined, or just last 24hr?

That has to be combined totals. I'm pretty skeptical of the number of Russian KIA.
fullback44
AG
More of the cluster bombs that are banned by treaties from all UN nations including Russia
TRM
AG
Captain Positivity said:

They read an article about the Japanese ship yesterday.
TRM
AG
flashplayer
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

That has to be combined totals. I'm pretty skeptical of the number of Russian KIA.

Same here. That would make for about 10,000 dead or wounded / captured/missing Russian soldiers. No way their losses are that high.
GAC06
AG
fullback44 said:

More of the cluster bombs that are banned by treaties from all UN nations including Russia

We still have cluster munitions.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convention_on_Cluster_Munitions
RangerRick9211
AG

France supplying what? How soon?
jabberwalkie09
AG

jabberwalkie09
AG

Uh….

GarryowenAg
AG
We touched on sustainment earlier today, but I want to re-engage on the topic for the next 12-24hrs. FLOT (Forward Line Of Troops) has est 4-6 fronts (depending on the intel we receive) whether it be thru an air bridge via paratroopers, or spearhead into the interior of the country.
Russia is known to have subpar logistics ops, so it's completely believable that armored units are stopping to scavenge for food and fuel (CL I, III for you army folk). My hope is the Ukes let the heavies pass and they hit the soft targets to disable the heavy mech units over time.
If reports hold true, we will continue to see reports of chronic issues of resupply (primarily food and fuel), and munitions will begin to run low, or black. Expect to see more forces thrown in to bolster the Russian progress.
It's going to get sporty regardless. GOOD HUNTING, UKES!
Seabreeze
It's another morning for Ukraine, another Groundhog day for the old USSR... Enjoy
NICU Dad
AG
Kenneth_2003 said:

SidsBurnerAccount said:

Elon Musk just responded to the Russians that SpaceX would step in to fill their spot (re: their implied threat to crash it)

We've seen that. But it begs a question... SpaceX can certainly, given some time, devise a manner to boost the orbit for strain keeping. BUT that assumes the intent of the tweet was just no more Soyuz flights. If that tweet was a threat to crash the thing... there's nothing SpaceX could do.

Oh and crashing the ISS would violate a treaty signed back in the early 60s that treats astronauts as ambassadors of earth and guarantees safe passage and recovery.
They're not going to crash ISS.

This is just typical Rogozin's insane rhetoric. This isn't the first time he's said something totally inane. Dude is a loon.
Not a Bot
AG
Maybe there's just something in the water over there.
Engine10
AG
A busted ass supply chain turns their mechanized advantage into scrap pretty fast. I'm for it
Ags4DaWin
Interesting

I wonder how effective that strategy would be.

1) Let the armor roll in and pass an outside line of forces.
2) Put up enough resistance to force them to suck their fuel dry as they advance tkward the inside line
3) use the outside line to destroy the refuelers and supply lines rendering the now fuelless tanks useless.

Fuel issues severely hurt the German Panzers in WW2 towards the end and those tanks had to be abandoned in droves rendering them useless.

A similar move here could be beneficial...

All the more reason for Zelensky to say "**** ur talks".

Part of me thinks that Putin stating he is willing to talk is a means to give his armies a lull in action and time to resupply, shore up supply lines, and consolidate for a bigger and more concentrated push toward the center.
RangerRick9211
AG
NICU Dad said:

Kenneth_2003 said:

SidsBurnerAccount said:

Elon Musk just responded to the Russians that SpaceX would step in to fill their spot (re: their implied threat to crash it)

We've seen that. But it begs a question... SpaceX can certainly, given some time, devise a manner to boost the orbit for strain keeping. BUT that assumes the intent of the tweet was just no more Soyuz flights. If that tweet was a threat to crash the thing... there's nothing SpaceX could do.

Oh and crashing the ISS would violate a treaty signed back in the early 60s that treats astronauts as ambassadors of earth and guarantees safe passage and recovery.

This is just typical Rogozin's insane rhetoric. This isn't the first time he's said something totally inane. Dude is a loon.

They won't. Private could stabilize. Or, we could disintegrate it. Seriously, least of our worries. We'll move on.
Eliminatus
AG
GarryowenAg said:

We touched on sustainment earlier today, but I want to re-engage on the topic for the next 12-24hrs. FLOT (Forward Line Of Troops) has est 4-6 fronts (depending on the intel we receive) whether it be thru an air bridge via paratroopers, or spearhead into the interior of the country.
Russia is known to have subpar logistics ops, so it's completely believable that armored units are stopping to scavenge for fuel and fuel (CL I, III for you army folk). My hope is the Ukes let the heavies pass and they hit the soft targets to disable the heavy mech units over time.
If reports hold true, we will continue to see reports of chronic issues of resupply (primarily food and fuel), and munitions will begin to run low, or black. Expect to see more forces thrown in to bolster the Russian progress.
It's going to get sporty regardless. GOOD HUNTING, UKES!
Without a doubt and one of the main reasons I mentioned earlier that the invasion is on a clock. Armored columns on the move and actively fighting go through HUGE amounts of fuel and consumables every single day. Russia as you say was already suspect in this regard of resupply and I doubt their rear lines are as secure as they should be. Russia has concentrated forces around Kiev, but how stretched are they elsewhere?

NICU Dad
AG
Captain Positivity said:

Maybe there's just something in the water over there.
Lots of fetal alcohol syndrome.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Quote:

Quote:

Arthur C. Clark wrote about this in the book 2010.

Russians and Americans go on a joint mission to find out what happened to the Discovery and HAL 9000. War breaks out between the US and USSR and the crew is ordered to separate.
NICU Dad
AG
RangerRick9211 said:

NICU Dad said:

Kenneth_2003 said:

SidsBurnerAccount said:

They won't. Private could stabilize. Or, we could disintegrate it. Seriously, least of our worries. We'll move on.
Private has nothing to do with it. Russians could attempt to use Progress or Soyuz thrusters, but we could still 'steer' ISS clear of population areas with our CMG's.

This is just Rogizin being Rogizin. He's a nut.
RangerRick9211
AG
NICU Dad said:

RangerRick9211 said:

NICU Dad said:

Kenneth_2003 said:

SidsBurnerAccount said:

Private has nothing to do with it. Russians could attempt to use Progress or Soyuz thrusters, but we could still 'steer' ISS clear of population areas with our CMG's.

This is just Rogizin being Rogizin. He's a nut.

Not worth debate. Not looking to argue. I thought the intial threat was who would if not Russia? And then Elon said them. I'm really not equipped to discuss. Dirt engineer turned management consultant.
jabberwalkie09
AG

Quite a bit of movement.
ABATTBQ11
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

GarryowenAg said:

Keegan99 said:

Is this combined, or just last 24hr?

I think that number is realistic. This is slightly below D-Day level invasion. If Russia has committed 50-60,000 men and are getting their armor and aircraft chewed up by javelins and SAMs, I don't think those numbers are out of the question after 3 days of heavy fighting.
Faustus
NM.
TRM
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

Uh….

Kenneth_2003
AG
Gotcha! Thanks!
TRM
AG
Take with a grain of salt. Seems to go back and foth.

Eliminatus
AG
TRM said:

Take with a grain of salt. Seems to go back and foth.

There was definitely vicious fighting there starting at least yesterday.

I don't think anyone has nailed down exactly what constitutes "taking a city" yet. Not even sure if there is an agreed upon definition.
Eliminatus
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

That is a HUGE launch plume and signature if true. S300??
Not a Bot
AG
Fox guy tonight said they still have operational s-300s, somehow.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Not a Bot
AG
Interesting they have Iglas. Those are the Russian version of the Stinger.
Eliminatus
AG
Captain Positivity said:

Fox guy tonight said they still have operational s-300s, somehow.
Yup, definitely looks like one. Never actually seen one fire till I just looked it up.

And the smart thing to do was to keep them moving and ONLY take selective fire at high value targets or singles. These things are big and not replaceable as of now for Ukraine I don't think so I imagine they are treating them with extra care.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Captain Positivity said:

I'm wondering if it was a captured weapon and the jet happened to be a target of opportunity. Imagine the irony if it had actually connected.
Eliminatus
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

Captain Positivity said:

I'm wondering if it was a captured weapon and the jet happened to be a target of opportunity. Imagine the irony if it had actually connected.
I think the irony has waned somewhat in the last 48 hours. Lots of Russians have definitely died to Russian munitions in Ukrainian hands.

The Ukes have always operated a mix of old Soviet, modern Russian, and second tier western munitions. (Until the most current infusions of modern western tech to fight this current threat).

Adaptability is key!
First Page Last Page
Page 71 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.